As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: The gifts (and puzzles) begin to arrive.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god ... came home to a present ... I was jumping up and down all giddy-like before opening it, now I'm just 'squeee'ing out loud to the embarassment of my roommates, I'm sure. Fuck 'em.

Pics when I get back from running up to school, but @Hunter gets all the best airport blumkins. Holy shit dude you're great.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Brian Cranston was born in 1956

any Satans have him for an avatar?

I know there's a forumer who has a Breaking Bad sig, something with a cartoon Walter and Jesse in front of a barbeque ...

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Brian Cranston was born in 1956

any Satans have him for an avatar?

I know there's a forumer who has a Breaking Bad sig, something with a cartoon Walter and Jesse in front of a barbeque ...
    johnny chopsocky

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Shipped my persons stuff. International shipping is stressful and I'm still not confident I did it all correctly. Also was more expensive than I really expected.

Time to be a broke, nervous wreck for awhile.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    6 hours later and my coffee is now only warm. So about 5 hours of hot, steams when you blow on it coffee.

That's pretty damn incredible. This zojirushi is such an awesome gift, thank you again santa!

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    Shipped my persons stuff. International shipping is stressful and I'm still not confident I did it all correctly. Also was more expensive than I really expected.

Key thing when shipping internationally is to make sure you're reasonably accurate about contents on the custom form.

Other than that the postal workers have always kept me right.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

Key thing when shipping internationally is to make sure you're reasonably accurate about contents on the custom form.

She asked for an estimate and it wasn't correct, I was pretty nervous cause a line was piling behind me. When I filled out the form it was the correct number but not matching the "estimate."

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My phone is dead but the last of my Satan's wonderful gift arrived today:

1G9Td.png
    But with a neat holographic cover that hardly moves so I don't know why its holographic but its the special edition! Yay! Thanks @Didgeridoo

So, to review my total haul:

B1PMn.jpg
    Snazzy Giants t-shirt, Giants Mr. Potato Head (which my brother lit up when I gave it to him, and seemed to insinuate that his spawn may never get his hands on it), Touch screen winter gloves, and Dark Knight Rises on Blu Ray!

Thank you ever so much again, Didge!

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    As a lurker (mostly), can I just say that this is a fantastic thread, and that it's an absolute joy to read?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    As a lurker (mostly), can I just say that this is a fantastic thread, and that it's an absolute joy to read?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No you can't. Get the fuck out
    Just kidding its awesome and I love everybody

• Options
    Aw man, as always, Aphostile was way better than me.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    AHHHHHHH THE GIFTENING CONTINUES. I'VE GOT GIFTENING OVERLOAD GOING ON HERE! GADZOOKS!

pics in minute.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    PICS WILL BE POSTED!

...after I get some dinner. Just spent the last two hours being big and burly.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am absolutely speechless by the gifts I've received. It's unbelievable. Just amazing. Here is today's haul...
    photo3.jpg

A MOTHEREFFING UK SNUGGIE!!!! Pics of me wearing the snuggie to come at a later date.

and then...what is this giant box...HOLY SHIT IT'S THE PLATINUM SERIES PHOTOSTUDIO FUCK YEAH FUCK!
    photo1.jpg

I'm not going to open it all up right this second but here is a pic of all of the boxes of shit inside that awesome case
    photo2.jpg

I really don't know if my poor old heart can handle anymore. This is just outrageous!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

She asked for an estimate and it wasn't correct, I was pretty nervous cause a line was piling behind me. When I filled out the form it was the correct number but not matching the "estimate."

*filling out customs shipping label*

"Excuse me Ma'am, are they going to have to pay duties on this when they get it?"

"Sorry, I don't know."

*Value of gift: $5*

• Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Grislo wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

Alright, you fuckers, who's next in line for a Farcry 3 gifting?

• Options
    If only I played games like that on my computer.

• Options
    I'll happily substitute that for a game that'll run for you. Beer and a game? Let me know.

• Options

*filling out customs shipping label*

"Excuse me Ma'am, are they going to have to pay duties on this when they get it?"

"Sorry, I don't know."

*Value of gift: $5*

I just meant the number of items. The value given was purposefully inaccurate.

• Options
    But I don't want Farcry. Can't I get X-Com Alien Simulator instead?

In all seriousness, the generosity in this thread is pretty great. I spend money on myself all year and it makes it worth it when I go a bit broke for an almost stranger.

• Options
    Assuming that X-Com Alien Simulator means Enemy Unknown, you letting me know which email to gift it to and everyone agreeing that, yes, you were absolutely first in line (which I think they will), yes!

And agreed about the generosity in general, it has been very impressive.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey SL, I was hoping to send out the rest of your gift this weekend but I'm hilariously broke for at least another week, maybe more.

It's definitely coming though.

• Options
    Satan's Lil HelperSatan's Lil Helper Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    End wrote: »
    Heston became an icon for portraying Moses in the hugely successful film The Ten Commandments (1956)

even if that's not the right answer, there's a lot of other combinations of letters that phone number digits could map to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

Because what's more hellish than anime, m i rite?

Satan's Lil Helper on
  • Options
    Satan's Lil HelperSatan's Lil Helper Registered User regular
    Just as a refresher the clues have been reduced to: "David Gaider, Ferret Baudoin" "The Ten Commandments" and "The Bergamasque Suite"

• Options
    edited December 2012
    'Ten Commandments' makes me thing of Charleston Heston and a monkey with a gun via Eddie Izzard.

Helping? Probably not.

And now, to stage photos as if to recreate the unopened package my Great Lord Satan sent me ...

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I swear, right now it feels like my nonsense about Friday the 13th and kids made more damn sense.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll be useful for tying the actual clues together :<

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Hey SL, I was hoping to send out the rest of your gift this weekend but I'm hilariously broke for at least another week, maybe more.

It's definitely coming though.

As a fellow broke person, no probs!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah being broke sucks. I got just enough extra from black friday week to finally start getting stuff together for my satanee though. Preeetty excited it if all comes together as planned.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    ThinkGeek is having a sale on hobbit slippers

Guess what my satanee is getting

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    It's a good thing I paid my rent last week is all I'm going to say

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    ThinkGeek is having a sale on hobbit slippers

Guess what my satanee is getting

What if my feet all ready look like Hobbit feet?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Shave feet

Apply slippers

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Alternatively, fashion your own feet into hobbit slippers then sell them for a neat profit!

It's foolproof.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!!
    @Stale @DrZipLock @Sassori
    So the FedEx guy knocks on my door. I answer and he's all, "Hey...I got a really big box for you on the truck."
    "Yeah?"
    "Yeah....it's pretty heavy, too, and they didn't give me a handtruck or anything."
    "..."
    "..."
    "...okay?"
    "Right, let me go grab it."

So this guy heads back to his truck and comes back with this GIANT FUCKING BOX (okay it wasn't that big, but that's not what she said).
    zBoaP.jpg

Obviously I immediately ripped that bad boy open! Actually, I waited a couple of hours because I was finishing some school work (finals start this weekend).

Hmm, let's see. Bunch of metal parts.
    o1Ab7.jpg

That looks good! No, no wait, no it doesn't. Oh hey what's this?
    N7xfe.jpg

Some assembly required?! I was promised big burly men! Well, time to put on my big boy pants!

...haha, just kidding, who wears pants home alone?

c2xji.jpg
    Looking good so far!

BUTH1.jpg
    Very nice!

IPGIx.jpg
    Holy crap! It's a bed for sleeping!

Lw4wt.jpg
    Look how great it looks next to my new (and old) bookcases!

Hey, what's on the shelves?

e3nBi.jpg
    Box of old paperwork, weird books, Tao Te Ching, Book of Lies, all that good stuff.

mqVSn.jpg
    Escape from Castle Ravenloft! Stale bought me that! And with it is Gamma World! TLB bought me that last year!

Mwy40.jpg
    The rest of my gaming book collection (well, not all of it, all of the non-WoD stuff)

i8GEW.jpg
    All the computer books I've had to buy for various classes I'm taking!

dgLh6.jpg
    @antimatter :P

THANK YOU SO MUCH STALE! THIS IS SO AWESOME I AM SO LUCKY!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Satan bless us, every one!

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    coulda sent me @antimatter for gamma world too, i'm the queen of mutant post-apoc tabletop

but all that is totes rad

• Options
    My wife has already stolen my Kentucky slanket.

• Options
    That is just rad as all heck Tox!

I slept on a futon just like that for 4 or 5 years easy. They're super comfortable.

Also, man, they didn't give that guy a handtruck? That's messed up.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I am just going to stay anonymous to my Satanee this year, because some of you other guys are being so generous it's embarrassing.

That is not a criticism by the way, keep up the good work!

This discussion has been closed.