As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyrim: Now with realistic horse vaginas! Dragonborn DLC out 12/4.

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    oh man
    kagrumez
    dwemer spider companion!

did that not excite you
    how about
    a dwemer sphere companion

I can only assume that the next one will be a
    dwemer centurion companion

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I played a bit last night. Are hostile overworld mages supposed to appear in a group of five in major cities? Because I've got dead wizards all over the place now.

VRXwDW7.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    black book: untold legends
    oh man oh god oh man

now I have a lesser power (those you can use as often as you want) which summons a dremora merchant

he has 2000 gold and buys everything
    I don't know how long it takes his gold to restock but damn

0BnD8l3.gif
    oh man oh god oh man

now I have a lesser power (those you can use as often as you want) which summons a dremora merchant

another power from this same book summons a dremora butler.

he will take whatever you give him and despawn within fifteen seconds.

and then you can use the power again and take your stuff back whenever you want.
    I don't know what his carrying capacity is though

0BnD8l3.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Oh man

This DLC can't come soon enough

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh man oh god oh man

and then you can use the power again and take your stuff back whenever you want.

oh my god oh my fucking god

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    oh man oh god oh man

goddamn.

morrowind reference
    just found karstaag's skull stuck in the wall of a little cave at the bottom of the glacier
    there was a reikling settlement there, looks like they were worshiping it or something

they put a lot of attention to detail into this DLC

now I'm gonna display it in my house

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Are they normal dremora or do they have little outfits

and if not that mod can't come soon enough

VRXwDW7.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    morrowind reference
    just found karstaag's skull stuck in the wall of a little cave at the bottom of the glacier
    there was a reikling settlement there, looks like they were worshiping it or something

that ain't just a display piece

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    So according to bethblog PS3 is due to get Dragonborn sometime "early next year."

They will not be working on either dawnguard or hearthfire for the PS3, at least not until after they release Dragonborn.

This can pretty much be translated as Dawnguard and Heathfire will never be released for PS3 and Dragonborn will maybe be out by December 2013.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Burn sony to the ground

lfYVHTd.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    All hail Sony

lfYVHTd.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Andrew :(

Miss me? Find me on:

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

Yo lady when we gonna hang out?

ipsesignew.jpg
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    So according to bethblog PS3 is due to get Dragonborn sometime "early next year."

They will not be working on either dawnguard or hearthfire for the PS3, at least not until after they release Dragonborn.

This can pretty much be translated as Dawnguard and Heathfire will never be released for PS3 and Dragonborn will maybe be out by December 2013.

what reason do you have to think this

PC is also slated to get dragonborn early next year and they have been saying for a while that they intend to get dawnguard and hearthfire out on PS3 as soon as they can make it work

0BnD8l3.gif
    Elendil wrote: »
    morrowind reference

well that was something

0BnD8l3.gif

what reason do you have to think this

PC is also slated to get dragonborn early next year and they have been saying for a while that they intend to get dawnguard and hearthfire out on PS3 as soon as they can make it work

Simple

Dawnguard has been out since June. It is a relatively small DLC. After about six months they are finally waving a white flag and saying "Hey we can't figure out how to make this shit work, so we're going to focus on making the even larger DLC try to work on the PS3"

So since they couldn't get the smaller easier add on to work, it's not too big of a step to arrive at the conclusion it's going to take them even longer to try and port Dragonborn. I wouldn't be surprised if by July of next year they officially withdraw support for the PS3.

ipsesignew.jpg
    morrowind reference

well that was something
    did you beat him? I got rolled, even after trying my usual shit: werewolf form (can't even make it through the transformation), slow time (makes the frost cloak even worse), etc

it's pretty obvious i'll have to try this on one of my even tougher, frost resistant dudes, and in the process take off the kids gloves i've been wearing when it comes to smithing and shit

moderately smithed skyforged steel and ~50% magic resist is clearly not enough for this

Yo lady when we gonna hang out?

Well, my finals are next week

So, maybe next Saturday? We can booze it up in Dport.

Miss me? Find me on:

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I kind of wrote off the rest of Dragonborn after doing the Raven Rock and main quests as just more Dragur and Apocrypha dungeons and was kind of relieved because I don't have the time to play more Skyrim but I keep reading Dichotmy's spoilers and being all GOD DAMN I wish I had discovered that myself and now I have to go in and get it.

I think I've just about exhausted it

and you know that leaker guy who was all "thirty hours of content!!" that everyone wrote off? he wasn't that far off the mark

0BnD8l3.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I have to wonder if there's any dlc after this. It seems like a real send-off for the game in that they're like "here's a bunch of crazy, possibly game breaking stuff! that we wrapped in the game's fiction in kind of a funny way! go nuts!"

Yeah. You can knock the main quest out in a few hours, but there's a solid half dozen major dungeons that are parts of sidequests or just there because why the fuck not. I probably put a good 20+ hours into it myself, and I still had stuff I hadn't done (a dwemer dungeon being the main thing). And that's before I moved on to doing it with character #2.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    two good-sized DLC/expansion packs seems to be typical for Elder Scrolls games

now they can make Fallout 4 in the Skyrim engine

well obviously they're going have another DLC

they still haven't given us spears or werebears

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    fuck that, give me a fallout game with dual-wielding

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    fuck that, give me a fallout game with dual-wielding

I think that's all the foreplay anyone is really asking for.

Maybe a Gary or two, you know, just for old time's sake.

august wrote: »
    I have to wonder if there's any dlc after this. It seems like a real send-off for the game in that they're like "here's a bunch of crazy, possibly game breaking stuff! that we wrapped in the game's fiction in kind of a funny way! go nuts!"

pretty sure they said right around the release of dragonborn they still aren't done with DLC

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I've read enough spoilers that I am excited for when this drops on the PC.

has anybody ever tried destruction magic/two-handed? does that end up being kind of annoying?

i kind of want to make a scary fire mage but i also want to use the
    bloodskal blade

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    has anybody ever tried destruction magic/two-handed? does that end up being kind of annoying?

i kind of want to make a scary fire mage but i also want to use the
    bloodskal blade

It's what I'm doing now, and it's really not as annoying as you may think. You don't have the versatility of using spells and weapons simultaneously, but having two distinct playstyles keeps encounters fresh

also you can hotkey your two-hander on xbox and actually switch cleanly between weapons and magic without any weirdness

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    it's pretty easy to toggle with a two-hander on pc, as well

Step 1: Put preferred weapon on "favored" list
    Step 2: Hotkey weapon to 1
    Step 3: Press 1 to switch to weapon
    Step 4: Press 1 to unequip weapon- whatever spells you had in your hands last will still be there

Miss me? Find me on:

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    it's pretty easy to toggle with a two-hander on pc, as well

Step 1: Put preferred weapon on "favored" list
    Step 2: Hotkey weapon to 1
    Step 3: Press 1 to switch to weapon
    Step 4: Press 1 to unequip weapon- whatever spells you had in your hands last will still be there

Yeah, that's essentially what you do Xbox as well

I just figured it was easier for you PC folk to hotkey and such, whereas it is messy as hell on Xbox and you only have two hotkeys

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    okay the dremora butler has a capacity of 150 unspecified weight units

which isn't huge but hey it's free

0BnD8l3.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    They released DLC for Oblivion for ages after the fact didn't they? That was way before everybody got into the DLC swing too

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    finally
    I have done it
    I have produced a dragonbone warhammer

I have immediately enchanted it with soultrap and entitled it "The Hollow Leg" for use as an interim weapon until I finish enchanting

new dragonborn enchant
    then I will enchant a new dragonbone warhammer with Chaos (50% chance for each of fire, frost and ice to do X damage) and name it "No Leg to Stand On"

dragonborn ending
    then I will clear my crafting trees of perks until I need them again!

yes

0BnD8l3.gif
    I enter a shop
    look away from the screen
    look back

the walls and floor didn't spawn in. I somehow miraculously ended up falling onto the shopkeeper's hidden inventory chest. around me, objects that would have been on the floor perpetually fall into the void and respawn at their original positions

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I started up Skyrim again after not playing for half a year or more. And I stumbled across one thing I love that I forgot about. Killing those stuck-up elves is soooo much fun.

I made a bold leap for the door and just barely managed to activate it before falling into the pale blue emptiness around me

0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.