As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyrim: Now with realistic horse vaginas! Dragonborn DLC out 12/4.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I want the return of elder scrolls action spin-offs

dark souls: black marsh and Yokuda nuclear war

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    pandemic-like Thrassian Plague game

Artaeum has closed its ports!

0BnD8l3.gif
    sload genocide, you say

PNk1Ml4.png
    so
    dragonborn location, hrodulf's house
    what was the deal with that whole thing

guy moves in, gets some compulsion to dig and hide his digging, uncovers some dwemer ruins, goes insane

his boyfriend shows up and dies and then the insane digging guy also dies far away from his house? wait there were reavers there maybe they killed him

I thought it would have some connection to an overarching solstheim plot or otherwise tie into something else but no this guy just went all creepy and maybe murdered his boyfriend for no reason?

0BnD8l3.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Looking up his journal it sounds like the ruins drove him mad.

yeah but how and why

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Morrowind had Dwemmer ghosts, so Spooooooky ruins

VRXwDW7.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Nerevarine is also immortal, what with the Corprus sans ill effects.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    so you can wear the new dragon priest masks along with the jagged crown

the jagged crown clips through the mask and it looks amazing

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    too bad Argonians can't wear the masks without their faces somehow flattening

racist-ass Nords refusing to make their ceremonial religious headgear interspecies-compatible

this shit is why Archmage Dongalore the Dino-Nord burned the Stormcloaks to the ground

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I really want the next elder scrolls game to start without me being a prisoner

that would be swell

fuck no, don't mess with what works

0BnD8l3.gif
    Elder Scrolls VI starts you as a Thalmor agent enforcing the White Gold Concordat

You cannot oppose the Aldmerri Dominion; your only choice is which factions to back in order to further destabilize Tamriel

Dichotomy wrote: »
    yeah but how and why

fire from the deep

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    no, you play as a prison guard, but then all the inmates escape and you have to get out of the prison alive through a secret tunnel.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    no, you play as a prison guard, but then all the inmates escape and you have to get out of the prison alive through a secret tunnel.

I was thinking of saying something like this, except the prisoners try to kill you as part of the tutorial dungeon

VRXwDW7.png
    You're all just prisoners there

of your own device

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    and in the master's chambers

they gathered for the feast

(vampire DLC)

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

that would be swell

I would prefer the exact opposite.

Start out with a mission to craft a makeshift weapon ... shanksmithing.

Then, I have to scrounge together a stockpile of rat meat; I gotta have grub as I escape the prison through the sewers.

While killing rats, I would multitask by using the shank to carve a set of lockpicks out of rat bones.

After that, I would have to use my ad-hoc, rat-bone lockpick set to escape my cell, shank the guard, confiscate his gear and escape into the sewers.

Next stop, the nearest skooma dealer. Dunmer gotta hit the pipe, yo.

After waking up from The Nod, I realize that I'm back in prison and I gotta get out again before the shakes set in and I can't make another shank.

I call this ... The Elder Scrolls: Recidivism.

Eagles Greatest Hits DLC

edited December 2012
    and in the master's chambers

they gathered for the feast

(vampire DLC)

Someday love will find you

break those chains that bind you

Dongs Galore on
    dragonborn armor type
    note: light chitin is amazing

0BnD8l3.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I was catching up on a couple of pages and noticed you dudes talking about Landfall. What is that, because I don't remember ever hearing or reading about it ever? If it's Dragonborn stuff, put it in spoilers and say so please.

JtgVX0H.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I wonder if they're ever going to set a game in akavir

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    it's not dragonborn stuff

the real basic version is that the world is held up/together by the towers

e.g. the white-gold tower in the imperial capitol, the adamantine tower in high rock, red mountain in morrowind, the throat of the world in skyrim

there are more, I don't know how many there are but I'm guessing there's at least one for every province in tamriel

when all of the towers are destroyed or deactivated the world will either end or get real shitty

landfall

this is what the thalmor are working towards, their ultimate goal is to undo reality because they just really can not deal with being mortal

red mountain and I think the white-gold tower are down, and presumably they've taken care of whatever towers are in elfland

I'm given to understand the thalmor are working to destabilize skyrim so they can deactivate the throat of the world

that's something that I think you have to put together for yourself though

in fact I don't know if landfall's ever mentioned outside of the in-game books (I only know about it because of this thread) but the gradual failure of the towers seems to be a running theme in the elder scroll series so presumably at some point that will come to a head

Seriously on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Landfall could work as a ES title, like they used Oblivion for Cyrodiil.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Seriously wrote: »
    it's not dragonborn stuff

the real basic version is that the world is held up/together by the towers

e.g. the white-gold tower in the imperial capitol, the adamantine tower in high rock, red mountain in morrowind, the throat of the world in skyrim

there are more, I don't know how many there are but I'm guessing there's at least one for every province in tamriel

when all of the towers are destroyed or deactivated the world will either end or get real shitty

landfall

this is what the thalmor are working towards, their ultimate goal is to undo reality because they just really can not deal with being mortal

red mountain and I think the white-gold tower are down, and presumably they've taken care of whatever towers are in elfland

I'm given to understand the thalmor are working to destabilize skyrim so they can deactivate the throat of the world

that's something that I think you have to put together for yourself though

in fact I don't know if landfall's ever mentioned outside of the in-game books (I only know about it because of this thread) but the gradual failure of the towers seems to be a running theme in the elder scroll series so presumably at some point that will come to a head

Ooooh, that, okay. I've read about it here before and a bit in-game, I think it would make for a pretty cool ES game if that was a thing you were actively trying to stop.

JtgVX0H.png
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

that would be swell

I would prefer the exact opposite.

Start out with a mission to craft a makeshift weapon ... shanksmithing.

Then, I have to scrounge together a stockpile of rat meat; I gotta have grub as I escape the prison through the sewers.

While killing rats, I would multitask by using the shank to carve a set of lockpicks out of rat bones.

After that, I would have to use my ad-hoc, rat-bone lockpick set to escape my cell, shank the guard, confiscate his gear and escape into the sewers.

Next stop, the nearest skooma dealer. Dunmer gotta hit the pipe, yo.

After waking up from The Nod, I realize that I'm back in prison and I gotta get out again before the shakes set in and I can't make another shank.

I call this ... The Elder Scrolls: Recidivism.

I would play this game.

But there would be no starting mission or tutorial. You just wake up in your cell and the game starts.

• Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    has anybody ever tried destruction magic/two-handed? does that end up being kind of annoying?

i kind of want to make a scary fire mage but i also want to use the
    bloodskal blade

Here is my bizarre problem with Skyrim: I get annoyed when my gear disappears into the ether when I equip something else. Like, it shouldn't bother me. It happens all the time in games. But it does. So my current character uses only daggers and spells, since she can easily hide daggers on her person.

So, I find destruction/2H to be really annoying, because my massive beat-stick just keeps disappearing.

Its pretty late but there is a mod for that.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I think the prisoner intro works just fine because it means literally nothing but allows you to start with a blank slate and work up from there. Creating an established character with a backstory doesn't really work for the kind of games the Elder Scrolls series predominantly are.

I mean, there are plenty of ways to work around introducing a character with no backstory, but being a prisoner has worked so far and is only a thing you even need to consider for all of 5 minutes.

I wish games didn't start with a tutorial and just threw you into the game. Make the tutorial a separate part of the game accessible from the main menu and stop forcing me to sit through it every time I start a new game.

Yes, I know the ES games have modded out the beginning parts but not all games allow modding or have modding communities.

JtgVX0H.png
    the fundamental religious difference between humans and elves is that humans see the mortal world as a good thing while elves see it as a trap

in this respect, the Redguards agree with the elves

I wonder if the Yokudans intentionally tried to knock down their tower but accidentally ended up sinking the whole continent

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    solstheim does not scale very low

i was hoping to do the house questline early on but i am getting slaughtered by everyone and everything

guess i'll just have to figure out somewhere else to put my shit without spending money on a house

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    the fundamental religious difference between humans and elves is that humans see the mortal world as a good thing while elves see it as a trap

in this respect, the Redguards agree with the elves

I wonder if the Yokudans intentionally tried to knock down their tower but accidentally ended up sinking the whole continent

I wonder if there's gonna be a game that's gonna deal with the adamantine tower.

on the chopping block and Alduin is just flying around instead of landing

executioner standing over me, waiting for Alduin to land

poor guy just doesn't know how to deal with these improv actors

PNk1Ml4.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I just found a Khajit Suit in Daggerfall.

jkZziGc.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Next TES intro. Your character starts as someone who did wayyyyyy too much skooma and you wake up in a strange land with nothing on you, not even knowing who you are

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Next TES intro. Your character starts as someone who did wayyyyyy too much skooma and you wake up in a strange land with nothing on you, not even knowing who you are

dog this was straight up the backstory for one my Skyrim dudes

it's why i start in rags not knowing what the fuck

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I wonder what the name of this skin is. Whoops, it's just a cat suit. It looked like a fur skin!

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    solstheim does not scale very low

i was hoping to do the house questline early on but i am getting slaughtered by everyone and everything

guess i'll just have to figure out somewhere else to put my shit without spending money on a house

I had this problem trying to do the Companions questline early. On the first big mission there are two deathlords at the same time. "guys? guys? I'm level 5"

This discussion has been closed.