As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Giftget.gif

Part 2 from my Amazing Santa @Elin!

A mysterious package appears! Venus (cause she looks like venus!), I choose you!
    imag0256mj.jpg

She has successfully slain the package!
    imag0257f.jpg

It seems someone slew my package before I received it, although SSgt Kisser didn't do a great job because it managed to limp its way to me anyway...
    imag0258l.jpg

Inside were two physical games to play with the family, one DS game for "me time", and 3 Skylanders Giants figures that our Exchange hasn't deigned to stock yet.
    imag0264al.jpg
    imag0265t.jpg
    imag0267s.jpg
    imag0266bo.jpg

I unwrapped everything in my room because Elin told me she packed wrapping paper so I could wrap them up for the kids to unwrap, but when my wife saw the wrapping paper she laid claim and will be using it for her own nefarious purposes. (probably something super crafty)

I took what was left and presented the haul to the brood.
    imag0268d.jpg

After they realized what it was:
    imag0269en.jpg

The rest of the haul with much joy!
    imag0270j.jpg

I stalk the exchange waiting for the next shipment of Skylanders... I have all of series one and am eagerly awaiting completing series 2. The kids enjoy them almost as much as I do. Almost. We also play family games together (Lego Champions, Creationary, Clue etc.) so these two additions are welcome. I was also gifted Trine 2 (which was amazing!) and Darksiders 1 and 2 on Steam. I'm playing through Darksiders again to finish it (I gamefly'd it long ago) and can't wait get into Darksiders 2. And with Dragon Quest VI I will be grabbing a copy and sending it to my Mother. We played through Dragon Quest IX together (in separate countries) and it was great fun helping her along. I can't wait to start doing that again.

Thanks so much Elin! You stalked amazingly well!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Hey, hey santee. I'm on my way back walking from town with your final gift. I'vechanged my mind, we gotta hook up.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Hey, hey santee. I'm on my way back walking from town with your final gift. I'vechanged my mind, we gotta hook up.

:winky:

Santa! An update:
    Dr. Who is awesome.
    Super Meat Boy is maddening...also awesome.
    Related to the above, but I'm standing at the edge of a very dark chasm with Steam. I don't know that I'll be able to financially handle this.
    Minecraft. Fuck you. (It's awesome. Too awesome)
    That candy thing was amazing.
    My daughter adores the Lego set. Giggles at the robot.
    My daughter is also now playing Minecraft.

All things considered, well done good sir. I'm pretty sure we've got a thank you picture from my daugther that I'll need to post.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Haha that came across weird admittedly but I'm leaving it. FOR CHRISTMAS!

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Dyvion- By the mere fact that one of your kids is reading Goosebumps, that makes you a great parent.

Also,

Giftget.gif

My Santa must have found the bodybuilding magazines I keep under the bed, because I got another ebook!
    51LTTMTaVRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The Amazon Synopsis is: In an unnamed Middle Eastern security state, a young Arab-Indian hacker shields his clients—dissidents, outlaws, Islamists, and other watched groups—from surveillance and tries to stay out of trouble. He goes by Alif—the first letter of the Arabic alphabet, and a convenient handle to hide behind. The aristocratic woman Alif loves has jilted him for a prince chosen by her parents, and his computer has just been breached by the State’s electronic security force, putting his clients and his own neck on the line. Then it turns out his lover’s new fiancé is the head of State security, and his henchmen come after Alif, driving him underground. When Alif discovers The Thousand and One Days, the secret book of the jinn, which both he and the Hand suspect may unleash a new level of information technology, the stakes are raised and Alif must struggle for life or death, aided by forces seen and unseen. With shades of Neal Stephenson, Neil Gaiman, Philip Pullman, and The Thousand and One Nights, Alif the Unseen is a tour de force debut—a sophisticated melting pot of ideas, philosophy, religion, technology and spirituality smuggled inside an irresistible page-turner.

This is great, as I don't think this is the type of book that I would ever pick up myself, and yet the authors it mentions are some of my favorites.

Thank you!

Now, if I could only find my Kindle....

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    LewieP's Mummy is so talented.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Ooooh, I just received a parcel from Amazon! I think I can already guess what's inside. :lol:

Unfortunately, I have to leave for work, but fear not! I'll open it when I come back home, not so secret santa Niceguyeddie616!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Dear Santa, not sure if you shipped or what your plans were. Haven't received anything yet. My girlfried went ahead and got me PS+ and a 16gb card for the Vita after I received my Graphic Violence SS gift. She was jealous I was getting better gifts from my 'internet friends'.

• Options
    I should point out I've received nothing also in case you did send something, Santa. I am also annoyedv I haven't worked out who you are yet. :p

I had an inkling but it turned out to be wrong

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa, I'm dutifully checking my mail every couple days or so, but nothing's shown up yet. Then again, I dunno if anything's in the mail yet either. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm keeping an eye out.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    USPS sucks at updating their tracking information, right? I'm assuming my santee's package isn't just lounging around my local post office, chatting up the junk mail.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Yeah it updates the first day and then when it goes out for delivery. I hate USPS mostly for that reason.

I have no idea who my santa is and not sure who I'd even begin figuring it out considering the only contact I've had was asking for my phone number.

shadowane on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    USPS really only does full tracking if you get certified or registered. Or if it has a fuckton of insurance on it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    The rare occasion of a santa meeting their santee will indeed happen this year.

PM Sent with meeting details. Please don't kill me (I imagine everyone looks like their forum avatar, I'm terrified of being scolded and then cut in half).

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    The rare occasion of a santa meeting their santee will indeed happen this year.

PM Sent with meeting details. Please don't kill me (I imagine everyone looks like their forum avatar, I'm terrified of being scolded and then cut in half).

I demand "hangin' out" photos of any and all santa/santee meetings.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Santee,
    I swear I have sent giftage your way. I have order confirmations just in case things spiral out of amok. I may be looking forward to you receiving them more than you are.

Santa, I haven't heard or seen anything since your teasing post-card.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My Secret Santa gift to you all: if you have Facebook, and don't have Metro 2033 yet, go to FB now and like the official Metro 2033 page (link), and THQ will give you the game for free via Steam code. Only 250,000 codes available, so get them while they're up.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    This is my favourite thread. People here are just so lovely to each other xxxxx

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Secret santa threads and the steam threads in general really show how awesome and generous this community is. Hell, in the SE++ thread, someone bought someone else enough stuff to furnish his apartment. That's crazy!

Most people look at me funny when I say I'm sending presents to someone on THE INTERNETS but if only they could see what I see

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It does make me feel a little guilty to spend more on an internet buddy then on, say, my brother.
    But I get over it pretty quickly, and so long as he doesn't join the forums I don't need to worry about him finding out...

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    My Secret Santa gift to you all: if you have Facebook, and don't have Metro 2033 yet, go to FB now and like the official Metro 2033 page (link), and THQ will give you the game for free via Steam code. Only 250,000 codes available, so get them while they're up.

Always there for me in any thread. Thanks man!

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Sorry Santee, my clever gift of 7 theme fell apart when neither the online shop which sells the quart of Canadian Whiskey nor the shop which sells the box of cigars will ship to a location other than the billing location for the first order on their site. I thought I could circumvent that by buying a box of cigars for myself first but then I found out the excise tax to Canada is 130% the value of the cigars. Anyway, you should have received at least 4 of my gifts by now and I promise they are swell gifts in and of themselves.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My Santee's gift was placed over a week ago, but hasn't shipped yet. So many fists shaking angrily right now. The other part should be fine, though.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Santee, your package was shipped via overnight FedEx this afternoon.

Tomorrow? We'll see how reliable FedEx is. The return name on the package isn't me, though. I had a FedEx employee friend send it for me.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Tomorrow? We'll see how reliable FedEx is. The return name on the package isn't me, though. I had a FedEx employee friend send it for me.

At my old job we occasionally had to ship things using first overnight. Means it gets there before like... 8am or something? Shit was 130 dollars for a laptop. We sometimes had to ship out 75lb battery backups for stuff. Yeah. So many dollars

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have a tracking number from my Santa! My excitement knows no bounds!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Ugh, I can't believe there's only two weeks to go! Santee, you'll be pleased to know the first gift has been dispatched. More will follow!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My gift is en route.

God speed, little doodle.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Got a random gift!
    Box from ThinkGeek!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-33-40.jpg

Inside...a monkey sticker!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-35-05.jpg

And besides that...a Tetris alarm clock! The numbers fall away as tetraminos as the time changes!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-34-53.jpg

Outside the box shot
    C360_2012-12-11-16-37-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the clock is able to be set....but doesn't keep time. No tumbling numbers. Booooo. Also the backlight can be turned on but won't shut off without yanking the batteries. Double boooo. :(

But it's the thought that counts, so thank you Santa! The monkey sticker is awesome and my daughter snatched that right up to put on her school binder :D

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    My Santa's package for me is allegedly sitting in a sorting center in Canberra.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

At my old job we occasionally had to ship things using first overnight. Means it gets there before like... 8am or something? Shit was 130 dollars for a laptop. We sometimes had to ship out 75lb battery backups for stuff. Yeah. So many dollars

Had I not received his staff discount, it would have been a few dollars shy of $100 to ship. 6 lbs. That's insane.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I should have this totally shipped out on Thursday. Hopefully you get this next week Santee. I shall be using proxy to send the tracking info so you know when to expect it since I want my first transatlantic package to actually make it.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Anyone know how long a regular, old letter takes to deliver from the US of A to the UK?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Had I not received his staff discount, it would have been a few dollars shy of $100 to ship. 6 lbs. That's insane.

Yeah, the priority first overnight shipping is insanely pricey. On the other hand, getting your crap anywhere in the states by 8am the next day is also pretty insane.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Got a random gift!
    Box from ThinkGeek!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-33-40.jpg

Inside...a monkey sticker!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-35-05.jpg

And besides that...a Tetris alarm clock! The numbers fall away as tetraminos as the time changes!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-34-53.jpg

Outside the box shot
    C360_2012-12-11-16-37-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the clock is able to be set....but doesn't keep time. No tumbling numbers. Booooo. Also the backlight can be turned on but won't shut off without yanking the batteries. Double boooo. :(

But it's the thought that counts, so thank you Santa! The monkey sticker is awesome and my daughter snatched that right up to put on her school binder :D

Well you know how the old saying goes. A broken Tetris clock is right twice a day.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Anyone know how long a regular, old letter takes to deliver from the US of A to the UK?

Not sure, but Royal Mail (The UK Post Office) is advising that yesterday was the last recommended day to have stuff get to the USA in time. So I'd get it sent ASAP.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    A wild Amazon Package appeared, and tripped me on my way to work... unfortunately due to the magic of third shift, I can't open it till I get home in the morning... should be able to post by 8am est.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Another Steam gift from Santa

jTh50.jpg

Thanks... I think.

:p

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Not sure, but Royal Mail (The UK Post Office) is advising that yesterday was the last recommended day to have stuff get to the USA in time. So I'd get it sent ASAP.

Oh dip!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    5JHHJ.gif?1

I was able to pick up my package tonight from FedEx and I have been gifted! My Santa has been revealed to be @see317 !
    Upon bringing the package inside I had to let the guard dogs check it out.
    8Z736.jpg

I love the use of delicious peppermint treats as packing peanuts.

In the package I find a hex bug!
    OKNqf.jpg
    He will be guarding my computer desk from now on.

I unwrap the first package to find...
    eKlfl.jpg
    Christmas salt water taffy! From Colorado! I tried some and one of the flavors is egg nog! And it's delicious.

The second package contains...
    lOq5p.jpg
    Brownie mix from Colorado! I love trying local foods and brownies are awesome. I plan on making this stuff sometime this week, so I'll report back with how delicious it is.

The third package contains...
    QxI7F.jpg
    Woah! A 50 dollar steam gift card! This is way too kind. My backlog hates you, but I love you! This is awesome!

Here's the haul together!
    bjbYP.jpg

And here's some bonus pictures of my dogs trying to steal my Santa's coal bubblegum that I also got.
    sImMG.jpg?1

9TBlv.jpg

Thank you so much @see317 ! That gift card was perfect timing (Christmas steam sale in 9 days!) And I love the candy and the brownie mix looks awesome. It really made my day. Merry Christmas!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday