As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Anarchy wrote: »
    Anyone know how long a regular, old letter takes to deliver from the US of A to the UK?

Not sure, but Royal Mail (The UK Post Office) is advising that yesterday was the last recommended day to have stuff get to the USA in time. So I'd get it sent ASAP.

Oh dip!

For reference: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings?campaignid=lastposting-pers

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Yay, I can finally give all my attention to the unwrapping! A card is enclosed within.
    20121211142240.jpg

Hello, my secret santa is Niceguyeddie616! Whatever could it be?
    20121212003329.jpg

I really enjoyed the first Phoenix Wright and I've heard epic stories of Godot, so thank you for this incredibly thoughtful gift!

But, wait, what was that about the chocolate orange? The plot thickens...

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for my santee's second box to arrive, sent it last Saturday.

7 working days so I guess there's still time for it to arrive.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    No this should not be BOTP. Also, I just turned on the hex bug and spent like 5 minutes watching my dog (the dachshund) freak out and try to attack it. It was hilarious. I should post a video. That bug is really cool too. I've seen them in stores and always wondered what they were. It turns on and moves around like a slug, only faster, by itself. It even detects walls and objects and turns around. Thanks again @see317 !
    anoffday wrote: »
    5JHHJ.gif?1

I was able to pick up my package tonight from FedEx and I have been gifted! My Santa has been revealed to be @see317 !
    Upon bringing the package inside I had to let the guard dogs check it out.
    8Z736.jpg

I love the use of delicious peppermint treats as packing peanuts.

In the package I find a hex bug!
    OKNqf.jpg
    He will be guarding my computer desk from now on.

I unwrap the first package to find...
    eKlfl.jpg
    Christmas salt water taffy! From Colorado! I tried some and one of the flavors is egg nog! And it's delicious.

The second package contains...
    lOq5p.jpg
    Brownie mix from Colorado! I love trying local foods and brownies are awesome. I plan on making this stuff sometime this week, so I'll report back with how delicious it is.

The third package contains...
    QxI7F.jpg
    Woah! A 50 dollar steam gift card! This is way too kind. My backlog hates you, but I love you! This is awesome!

Here's the haul together!
    bjbYP.jpg

And here's some bonus pictures of my dogs trying to steal my Santa's coal bubblegum that I also got.
    sImMG.jpg?1

9TBlv.jpg

Thank you so much @see317 ! That gift card was perfect timing (Christmas steam sale in 9 days!) And I love the candy and the brownie mix looks awesome. It really made my day. Merry Christmas!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cool, I'm glad it made it there in time for the steam sale. Let me know what games I get you. :D

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Secret Santa Gaming Report:

@Elkatas I just beat Torchlight's story! That was really fun and a nice, streamlined game to be introduced to the genre with. Those last few levels and the final boss fight were a doozy, but I managed to beat it on Normal without dying once. :D

Edit: against my better judgement, I'm going with To The Moon next. Bracing for depression, based on what I've heard.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My Santa sent me an email, and told me not to read it until I get 3 packages.

My will power at work sucks...

Must

Be

Strong!

Edit: I stopped reading once I saw the tracking numbers, honest.

And they are at my local post office!

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Anyone know how long a regular, old letter takes to deliver from the US of A to the UK?

Not sure, but Royal Mail (The UK Post Office) is advising that yesterday was the last recommended day to have stuff get to the USA in time. So I'd get it sent ASAP.

Oh dip!

For reference: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings?campaignid=lastposting-pers

So presumably a package coming from Australia that just shipped out last week wouldn't get to the States till near the end of the month, right? I knew something seemed odd when my Santa said something he sent last week would be here by the end of this one...

Oh well! Closer to Christmastime, then!

edit: @Chen, will you play Justice For All?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    went and grabbed the last thing I need finally. Now I just need to write a note / prepare a punishing task tied to an extravagant locking mechanism in the box. Anyone have any experience with extravagant locking mechanisms? Is the guy from saw in secret santa. i need some help.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Giftget.gif

Finally, after all the mystery, code cracking and travel to the deepest recesses of the Earth and the farthest corners of space, the payoff! Let's see what Santa got me...
    IMG_0920.jpg

Glucosamine tablets for my dog! How did you know? I'm sure he'll appreciate--what is it, Max? ...I ordered those myself? I have another package?

IMG_0923.jpg

Well hey, I do! Let's see what's inside... inside the box is another box, and inside the other box...

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

Hey, it's beer! Sparkie loves beer. And a note...

IMG_0929.jpg

Ooooh, nice selection from a homebrewer! And it looks like the game is still afoot. Wow. Time to dust off my chess skills...

...maybe tomorrow. That's some fine Scotch ale...

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    OOH CHESS

Spoiler!
    DON'T CHEAT YOU JERK
    It's totally Queen to A3.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Oh God...not the numbers

• Options
    Oh God...not the numbers

Ha, that nearly confirms the suspicions I've had all along. :P

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hm, white to mate in only one move? Considering most of the pieces are blocked, that narrows it down...

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular

Those are so cool! I love putting mine down on the hardwood and watching my dog go ballistic. Because it vibrates so fast, he drops it the second he pics it up and then just nips at it. I should video it sometime.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Day 7.2!

KIvDPl.png

Santa clearly adheres to the little known "Baker's Dozen Days of Christmas" variant of the tune. I remember it well from my youth. "Seven point two Swans a Milking." It confuses me to this very day.

Thank you!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    DR9US.gif ???????????????????

OK.... I am rather confused here. @Turkey, who was my assigned Santa, and @Hypatia both don't know who sent this. While I am involved in another SS, that is an Enforcer one, but isn't from there.

You'll see from the letter.

Yesterday, Fedex dropped off a small package. Return address was blank.

Inside was this:
    ummmm.JPG

Thing is, they must of done some homework. Because I did bitch loudly about CCP caving and going to exlusive on a game I was really waiting for. But since I have a long standing grudge against Sony for lying about the PS3 when it was first coming out and other things, I vowed never to buy one. And have been quite content with that decision.

Hence the letter and my confusion:
    okay.JPG

I don't have a PS3. So I can't play these.

And the "Did I not tell you more was a coming?" sounds past tense. So was this actually meant for someone else?

If so, Thank you?

Questions abound!

thejaxx on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    does that mean put white in mate or white has to put black in mate?

because one was seems super easy. not sure about the other way

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular

you and me both ;)

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I sure hope my Santee got his package today. UPS told me it would get there on Tuesday. I suppose they could have been lying, but I hope they weren't.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    @thejaxx I think the images are missing. When I try to go to the URLs I get a 404.

And FedEx lets you mail packages with no return address? Bizarre. I know USPS won't let you do that.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    does that mean put white in mate or white has to put black in mate?

White has to checkmate Black.

• Options
    AaronKI wrote: »
    @thejaxx I think the images are missing. When I try to go to the URLs I get a 404.

And FedEx lets you mail packages with no return address? Bizarre. I know USPS won't let you do that.

I fixed it. Stupid .jpg vs .JPG.

It probably depends on where you do it. I know when I sent my santee's stuff, I had just Secret Santa on it and no address. Other's do it that way too.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    It sounds like that wasn't meant for you, it went to your address so it is hard to tell. Hopefully whoever it is comes forward and explains.

Edit: I am really starting to hate 4.2 on this phone. ICS was nowhere near the hassle on this site.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    My Santa had yet another challenge for my Avatar: he had to vanquish a mighty foe.

"You there! Foe! I challenge you!"

8265397259_7fcdea7df4.jpg
    Photo Dec 11, 9 27 35 PM by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

The enemy is not amused.

8265397631_11f810752a.jpg
    Photo Dec 11, 9 27 48 PM by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

I will attack you head on!

8266465158_af512fba90.jpg
    Photo Dec 11, 9 27 10 PM by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Well, that line of reasoning didn't really work well, did it?

Maybe I should try hypnosis instead.

8266464410_1c6d65d855.jpg
    Photo Dec 11, 9 26 44 PM by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

"You're getting very sleepy. Yes, that's it, Sleepy. Sleepy kitties. I mean, uh...sleepy foe."

8266464768_58368d42ae.jpg
    Photo Dec 11, 9 26 53 PM by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Hah! I have done it! My foe is asleep, and therefore, vanquished!

8266463994_de279bfccb.jpg
    Foe is Vanquished! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Hope that works, Santa!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    I knew it was only a matter of time before they made Lego Shadow of the Colossus.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Can whoever sent that stuff to thejaxx please PM me so we can get things straightened out? Thanks!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just send him a PS3. It's customary around here.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

you and me both ;)

There's so much deliciousness in there!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    That's strange about thejaxx's situation, but I know last year my wishlist info somehow was lost and my Santa got someone else's wishlist. Perhaps this is something similar?

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    At 6:21am, your package was is East Boston.

You'll have it today, Santee.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Gift One received, opened, and very nice! I'm going to do a full gift get post once the other boxes of awesome get here (Thursday-ish by USPS estimates?), but here is a sneak peak:
    Grumpy Old Bun Appears:
    xYymml.jpg

TY Santa! Still waiting on other packages to read the rest of that email.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Oh man oh man. I got a letter from my Secret Santa telling me my gift is on the way! He also included the list of sites he stalked me through, which makes me feel a bit exposed.

And I like being exposed. I like it a lot.

I'm also now anxiously checking this thread, as my Santee should be getting his gifts any day now.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Giftget.gif

I am somewhat bad about checking my mail (I check my box every three days or so), so I didn't notice that a package had been delivered on Saturday. Coming home after work today, early in the AM, I discovered this box from the clearly fantastic @Judge-Z :
    santa01.jpg

And inside, a note!
    santa02.jpg
    santa03.jpg

Of course that remark about opening the presents in any order is nonsense. You give me a numbered list and the numbers must be obeyed.

So, box number 1!
    santa04.jpg

Small box with something flashy? Might it be one of the poison rings on my wish list?

Nope, something much better!
    santa05.jpg

This image is a little blurry, but I had to capture my first roll with this die. A 20 on the first roll? Clearly this is a lucky die! I'll have to save it for my important rolls.
    santa06.jpg

Boxes 2 and 3!
    santa07.jpg

Aw yissssss
    santa08.jpg

Hell yeah, these dice are definitely classing up the joint.
    santa09.jpg

The description for Box #3 gave me a good laugh, I must admit. Here's the beginning of the post chain that @Judge-Z is referring to. D.. don't you judge me! I can see Liu-bots and Monroe-bots in your futures, don't even lie.
    santa10.jpg

Soon he will be inside me.
    santa11.jpg

Hmmm.
    santa12.jpg

Wooot! I really love the hell out of this game.
    santa13.jpg

Is it a book? I think perhaps it's a book.
    santa14.jpg

Wow, a really beautiful and fantastic book at that!

Gift #6!
    santa15.jpg

I sense something Firefly related!
    santa16.jpg

Awwww it's my girl Zoe! Shit yeah!

Gift #7
    santa17.jpg

Finally, all that effort I put into that shrink ray comes to fruition.
    santa18.jpg

I shall travel the galaxy at 1:1000 scale. I'll have to convince Seth Green to shrink down too, of course. And pretend his name is Joker. And break all his bones for added realism. Garrus will be harder to acquire, but I'll start with kidnapping Brendon Keener and work from there.
    santa19.jpg

And finally, gift #8!
    santa20.jpg

Did @Judge-Z get me a pair of shoes?
    santa21.jpg

But I can't even wear a size 5 1/2!
    santa22.jpg

Food goods! And dressing? Curious!
    santa23.jpg

Ah, OK! I am not a vegetarian, but I don't think I've ever eaten hotwings (blasphemous, I know). I am game to try!

Candies!
    santa24.jpg
    santa25.jpg

Wing fixins!
    santa26.jpg
    santa27.jpg

And here is my new Normandy model, sitting proudly before Garrus and Tali:
    santa28.JPG

I've got to say, I was blown away by the generosity of my Santa! I wasn't expecting such an overflowing box of pure awesome! Thanks @Judge-Z , you rock!

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    5JHHJ.gif?1

I was able to pick up my package tonight from FedEx and I have been gifted! My Santa has been revealed to be @see317 !
    8Z736.jpg

OKNqf.jpg

eKlfl.jpg
    Christmas salt water taffy! From Colorado! I tried some and one of the flavors is egg nog! And it's delicious.

lOq5p.jpg
    Brownie mix from Colorado! I love trying local foods and brownies are awesome. I plan on making this stuff sometime this week, so I'll report back with how delicious it is.

QxI7F.jpg
    Woah! A 50 dollar steam gift card! This is way too kind. My backlog hates you, but I love you! This is awesome!

bjbYP.jpg

And here's some bonus pictures of my dogs trying to steal my Santa's coal bubblegum that I also got.
    sImMG.jpg?1

9TBlv.jpg

Thank you so much @see317 ! That gift card was perfect timing (Christmas steam sale in 9 days!) And I love the candy and the brownie mix looks awesome. It really made my day. Merry Christmas!

@see317 was my Santa last year. It's horrible that as soon as I saw the saltwater toffee, I knew he had struck again. ;P

Glad to see all the gift get today. It's exciting. :D

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    GIFT GET

That gift is incredible and super awesome, but don't forget to blur out your address and your Santa's address. Leave a little mystery for the stalkers of the future!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    GIFT GET

That gift is incredible and super awesome, but don't forget to blur out your address and your Santa's address. Leave a little mystery for the stalkers of the future!

Whoops. Fixed!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, @Judge-Z is a hot contender for winning Secret Santa this year. That package is just all-around awesome.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    5JHHJ.gif?1

8Z736.jpg

OKNqf.jpg

eKlfl.jpg

lOq5p.jpg

QxI7F.jpg

bjbYP.jpg

sImMG.jpg?1

9TBlv.jpg

@see317 was my Santa last year. It's horrible that as soon as I saw the saltwater toffee, I knew he had struck again. ;P

Glad to see all the gift get today. It's exciting. :D
    It's good to have a calling card.
    I tried to send a giant candy cane stick, but I couldn't find any this year.

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    Good news G&TSS Victim #3...your final gift has arrived, and as soon as my elves are finished "improving" the shipping container, your gift will be on the way.

CoJoe.png