As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Die, monster! You don't belong in this [Dungeon World]! [IC/OOC PbP]

GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
edited December 2013 in Critical Failures
Die, monster! You don't belong in this

yfPlI.jpg

When you ask the OP to explain Dungeon World,

Dungeon World is a fantasy RPG built on the Apocalypse Engine. It was Kickstarted a while back to roaring success and is at the printers for proofing; you could go buy the PDF on DriveThruRPG or possibly other places I haven't checked right now.

But if you want to have yourself a game, you can also look at the entire rules text completely free. It's here. This is basically a conversion of the rules text on GitHub into HTML - no art or extra text like examples of play. There's also a fan-made guide to using the rules, also free, available here. The example of play starts on page 50.

When you join a game of Dungeon World,

To sign up, !signup. Limiting this to five for right now, or as many people as I get within 24 hours, whichever.

Have a look over the Character Creation chapter in the rules and get up to stage 11, then post what you've got so far and we can hash us out some bonds.

We're starting at level 1, and for now I'd like to stick to just the races and classes spelled out in the rules.

When you play a game of Dungeon World on a discussion forum,

I'd like to see at least a post a day, upcoming holidays aside of course.

As far as posting your dice rolls go, "Die, Monster!" is currently a free campaign title over on orokos.com, so please use that.

Oh, and one more thing!

When you ask what the campaign is about,

Count Pallas has ruled the poor province of Ardenne for as long as anyone can remember. It's an open secret that he's a vampire, but his formidable personal power and general willingness to stay in his own territory have left him largely ignored by the outside world.

Until you. Until now.

One grey morning, in the rain and fog, you gather outside one of the mountain passes leading into Ardenne, and you find yourself remembering what brought you here.

(When you've made a character, pick one of these questions to answer.)
* An innocent blithely entered the province of Ardenne one day and never came out. Who are they, and how do you know them? (answered by Blennid Heath, halfling druid)
* Your search for an item of great power has led you to Ardenne. What is it, and why do you want it so badly? (answered by Astrafel, elven bard)
* Word on the street is that the Count keeps a great treasure in his castle. What is it, and what can you cash it in for? (answered by Lojainne, human paladin and Vladire, human ranger)
* The count's minions roam the countryside with impunity and a light regard for borders. You bear a scar from an encounter with them - what is it, and how did you get it? (answered by Severik, elven fighter)
* Your employer sent word on that they were going to the Count's castle. Who are they, and what hold do they have on you that waiting for them to leave isn't an option? (answered by Quarol, human thief)

----

Additional thread rules (not all enforced from the beginning, if you're reading this in archives or something):

Angel Rule: You can make the Aid Another move in response to someone rolling a 6 or a 9, rather than making it ahead of time, as long as you are nearby to help them. Limit one per roll.

Better to Ask Forgiveness: If you think a move applies, name it and roll it. Even if it doesn't, that'll save some time going forward.

Every Part of the Die: When you make a roll and don't need to, the result stands for your next roll.

Conditions for Aid/Defy Danger:

When you act despite an imminent threat or suffer a calamity, pick a stat, tell me what it says by it, and roll it.
  • +str: Tell me what you're trying to push, and what you hope doesn't break. (feel free to get metaphorical. Sev was trying to push the merchants around and hoping he didn't break the peace)
  • +dex: Tell me what you're racing against, and what you can't do to win. (either can't as in incapable or can't as in unwilling)
  • +con: Tell me why you could do this all day, and why you really don't want to.
  • +int: Tell me what fact your plan hinges on, and why you can't possibly be wrong. (The "possibly" is in massive, massive sarcasm quotes.)
  • +wis: Tell me what you're focusing on, and what you mustn't ignore.
  • +cha: Tell me whose sympathies you're playing to, and why they should even care.
Also, when you're rolling to aid someone, whether it's deliberate beforehand or the angel rule, tell me what you're putting at risk to help them.

Super Armor: Armor doesn't progress linearly from 1-6 damage resistance, but through levels of super armor, written as [super armor]S[regular armor]. For every point of Super Armor, roll damage dice again and keep the lowest number.

The Super Armor progression is 0S0, 0S1, 0S2, 1S2, 1S3, 2S3, 2S4. Or: after the first two points every other point goes into Super Armor.

Glazius on

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    !signup I wanna see how this works out pbp style.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'll sign up, kickstarted it and am curious to try it out.

• wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I'll !signup too, I like what I've seen of this from the rulebooks and podcast play.

I'm leaning toward a druid, unless someone else had their heart set on that.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    You see a Human Thief in dark clothes by the name of Quarol. He has a lithe body and a head of messy hair partially obscuring his shifty eyes.

Vitals
    Neutral Human Thief

STR 8  -1
    DEX 16 +2
    CON 12 +0
    INT 15 +1
    WIS 9  +0
    CHA 13 +1

Armor 1
    HP: 6/18
    d8 damage
    2xp

MOVES
    -Trap Expert
    -Tricks of the Trade
    -Backstab
    -Flexible Morals
    -Poisoner- Serpent's Tears

GEAR
    5/8 load
    -Dungeon Rations (1wt 4/5 uses, )
    -Leather Armor (1wt, 1 armor)
    -Dagger (1wt, hand)
    -Short Sword (1wt, close)
    -3x throwing daggers (0wt, thrown, near)
    -Adventuring Gear (1wt)
    The ring is a hand-range weapon, and balanced for throwing. It always deals full damage to undead, regardless of armor or special qualities that might make them immune, and it starts with 3-concordance.

When you draw on Piotor's combat skill, spend 1-concordance. The ring gains Close and Reach ranges and the precise tag until it deals damage to something.

When you ask Piotor to bind an undead enemy, spend 1-concordance. The ring will latch on to the enemy, generally until it's destroyed. I'll tell you what it does, but as a general rule it'll completely neutralize smaller targets and make larger ones more vulnerable.

When you observe the rites of Virrus at sunrise, roll +wis to see how well you follow Piotor's instructions to do so and gain concordance depending on the roll.

When you expose yourself to unnecessary danger in a combat situation, well, you're fighting like Piotor fought. Gain 1-concordance, but get ready to defy dat danger.

When you ask Piotor about undead lore, he will generally propose a well-grounded but risky course of action. If you follow his advice, mark XP and gain 1-concordance.

The ring may have more powers to unlock during the course of this adventure, generally by finding relics of the ancient celestial order.
    4 concordance

BONDS
    Astrafel and I have a con running.

Severik knows incriminating details about me.

I stole something from Vladire

Blennid has my back when things go wrong.

edit: you have no idea how long I looked at the fighter sheet wanting to just do the obvious thing and make a chain-whip fighter.

Q: Your employer sent word on that they were going to the Count's castle. Who are they, and what hold do they have on you that waiting for them to leave isn't an option?
    A: My employer is a powerful figure in the city's underworld. He has a brutal reputation, and I work for him only out because he is the only person who knows where my sister is.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited December 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Incoming Fighter!

blah I got beat'd

guess I'll go Ranger.

edit: unless I can think of a cool wizard, cleric or paladin concept

Egos on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    You see an Elven Fighter whose flesh seems covered by more scars than skin. He introduces himself as Severik as his eager eyes consider the strength in your arms, the mettle of your will. His hair is cut in a wild, seemingly random manner, though upon closer inspection you see that it is deliberately hacked away from his eyes but left long on the side to cover a missing ear. The rest of his body is no less ravaged, missing fingers from his left hand and a limp interrupting a normal gait. //TODO: Was maimed again, can't remember how though.
    Neutral Elven Fighter

Str 18 (+3)
    Dex  9 (+0)
    Con 15 (+1)
    Int  8 (-1)
    Wis 12 (+0)
    Cha 13 (+1)

Armor: 4
    HP: 25
    d10 damage
    Load: 9 of 15

Level: 3, 3xp remaining

Moves
    * Strangely Human Elf: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
    * Bend Bars, Lift Gates (roll+Str to destroy inanimate obstacles)
    * Armored (ignore the clumsy tag on armor)
    * Signature Weapon: A Huge, Blood-stained Axe with Serrated edges (Close range, messy, forceful, +1 damage, 2 weight).
    * Merciless: When you deal damage, deal +1d4 damage.
    * Scent of Blood: When you hack and slash an enemy, your next attack against that same foe deals +1d4 damage.
    * Defending Armor

Equipment
    Bloodletter (Close, Forceful, Messy, +1 Damage, 2 weight) and dungeon rations (1 use, 1 weight)
    Platemail armor (3 armor, 4 weight, clumsy)
    2 Healing potions (0 weight)
    Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
    When you wear Defending Armor plates skin-to-skin, the armor is considered part of your body.

When you confront a powerful enemy or face a daunting physical challenge, you may concentrate for a moment and ask "how will this imperil my body"? The GM will tell you, truthfully.

When you know your body is in peril and Defy Danger, take +1.

(And the desperation move as you've described, turning aside a lethal blow.)

Bonds
    Lojainne owes me her life, whether she admits it or not.
    I have sworn to protect Astrafel.
    I worry about the ability of Quarol to survive in the dungeon.
    Astrafel is soft, but I will make him hard like me.

Level 2:
    You see an Elven Fighter whose flesh seems covered by more scars than skin. He introduces himself as Severik as his eager eyes consider the strength in your arms, the mettle of your will. His hair is cut in a wild, seemingly random manner, though upon closer inspection you see that it is deliberately hacked away from his eyes but left long on the side to cover a missing ear. The rest of his body is no less ravaged, missing fingers from his left hand and a limp interrupting a normal gait. //TODO: Was maimed again, can't remember how though
    Neutral Elven Fighter

Str 17 (+2)
    Dex  9 (+0)
    Con 15 (+1)
    Int  8 (-1)
    Wis 12 (+0)
    Cha 13 (+1)

Armor: 3
    d10 damage
    Load: 8 of 14

Level: 2

Moves
    * Strangely Human Elf: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
    * Signature Weapon: A Huge, Blood-stained Axe with Serrated edges (Close range, messy, forceful, +1 damage, 2 weight).
    * Merciless: When you deal damage, deal +1d4 damage.

Equipment
    Bloodletter (Close, Forceful, Messy, +1 Damage, 2 weight) and dungeon rations (1 use, 1 weight)
    Scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)

Bonds

I think the bond with Lojainne has resolved. @Grog, do you want to morph it into something like "friendly rivalry"?

Level 1:
    You see an Elven Fighter whose flesh seems covered by more scars than skin. He introduces himself as Severik as his eager eyes consider the strength in your arms, the mettle of your will. His hair is cut in a wild, seemingly random manner, though upon closer inspection you see that it is deliberately hacked away from his eyes but left long on the side to cover a missing ear. The rest of his body is no less ravaged, missing fingers from his left hand and a limp interrupting a normal gait.
    Neutral Elven Fighter

Str 16 (+2)
    Dex  9 (+0)
    Con 15 (+1)
    Int  8 (-1)
    Wis 12 (+0)
    Cha 13 (+1)

Armor: 3
    d10 damage
    Load: 8 of 14

Level: 1

Moves

Equipment
    Bloodletter (Close, Forceful, Messy, +1 Damage, 2 weight) and dungeon rations (1 weight)
    Scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)

Bonds

Introduction
    Severik was a guardian of the land until he inherited the cursed axe, Bloodletter. Its constant thirst for violence drove him to flee his home and seek out ever worthier opponents. Severik's body is a tapestry devoted to the pain he has encountered on this quest. The axe prefers to drink from the dead, but Severik has so far staved off the urges to slaughter enemies that yield. Yet as the axe's grip on his mind increases, one wonders just how long he can hold out...

Question
    Q: The count's minions roam the countryside with impunity and a light regard for borders. You bear a scar from an encounter with them - what is it, and how did you get it?
    A: Severik had ten fingers before his battlelust led him to Ardenne. A pack of wight-wolves liberated a few upon his ingress as a toll. He retrieved them from the belly of their alpha, but the damned things don't seem to stay on anymore.[/sopiler]

jdarksun on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    They've messed around with load a lot in the runup to release, but as it is now it's back to being based off your Strength modifier, not your Strength score. You shouldn't be overloaded with your starting gear, still, but there's a bit less room under the cap than you might think.

Don't forget to pick one of those five questions at the end of the original post to answer.

Quarol, what's your poison of choice (you do start with three doses of it), and optionally why? Or are you waiting to decide that?

Glazius on
    Serpent's Tears. I forgot and edited it into the post.

Its the one where anyone who deals damage to the victim picks the better of two damage dice.

Glazius wrote: »
    They've messed around with load a lot in the runup to release, but as it is now it's back to being based off your Strength modifier, not your Strength score. You shouldn't be overloaded with your starting gear, still, but there's a bit less room under the cap than you might think.

Don't forget to pick one of those five questions at the end of the original post to answer.
    Fixed!

Also thanks, knew I forgot something.

edited August 2013
    Blennid Heath stands before you, his haunting eyes staring directly back at you from under his furry hood. He wears weathered hides and has a pronounced forehead and square beard, reminding you of a mountain goat - there may even be horns under that hood...

Around his neck he wears a twig pendant, shaped like a bird's claw, clutching several gleaming feathers.

Vitals
    Neutral Halfling Druid

STR 13 (+1)
    DEX 12 (+0)
    CON 16 (+2)
    INT 9 (+0)
    WIS 17 (+2)
    CHA 8 (-1)

Armor 2
    HP: 22/22
    d6 damage

Level 2
    5 xp

Has breathed in Gein's mist

MOVES
    -Healing Songs of camp - heal +1d6 when we make camp
    -Born of the Soil - Towering Mountains
    -By Nature Sustained
    -Spirit Tongue
    -Shapeshifter
    -Studied Essence
    -Balance
    -Thing-Talker

GEAR
    6/7 load
    -Twig Pendant (0wt)
    -Hide Armor (1wt, 1 armor)
    -Wooden Shield (1wt, +1 armor)
    -Spear (1wt, close, thrown, near)
    -Adventuring Gear (1wt), 4 uses remaining
    -Jeweled Knuckle-Duster, worn
    -2 Money Bags (200 coins, 2 wt total)
    -Bandages (5 uses, 0 wt)
    -Pipeleaf (6 uses, 0 wt)
    -Tiny Vial of ashy, incensy ash/incense (0wt)
    -Thieves' hand dagger, attuned

BONDS
    I worry that Severik's axe will be the death of him. But I also worry that he can't live without it.

Astrafel has tasted my blood and I his. We are bound by it. (That was one wild party.)

I have shown Quarol a secret rite of the Land.

Q: An innocent blithely entered the province of Ardenne one day and never came out. Who are they, and how do you know them?
    A: A magnificent but naive hawk spirit came to Ardenne on its wanderings. It never made itself felt in the neighboring provinces after, and those who seek it say that its energy is waning. Blennid, a servant of the mountains, has sworn an oath to rescue it, and stands to gain many allies from success.

Note: Vladire's sheet here.

wildwood on
    Blennid, what's your Tell? Goat horns? Also you're right that the token of your Land is weightless.

Quarol, pick your question, they're going fast.

Done!

@Glazius - horns sound good for a Tell. I'm having problems picturing how that will show up when he's in animal shape, though.

wildwood wrote: »
    Glazius - horns sound good for a Tell. I'm having problems picturing how that will show up when he's in animal shape, though.
    More goat horns.

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    !Signup I'll put a paladin together when I get back from work.

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    !signup

Let me share a tale, my friends
    Of an elf, more fair and free
    Than the wind in the trees
    Or the rivers and seas
    With a tongue as sharp as can be

Who is this one?
    This glorious son,
    This elf with hair so wild?
    There's fire in his eyes,
    His body is lithe,
    And his clothes are finely styled.

He is Astrafel, my friends!
    A singer, a bard is he
    With a sword at his hip
    And a song on his lips
    He's a hero, and he is me

Astrafel, the Elven Bard
    STR 8 (-1)
    DEX 15 (+1)
    CON 12 (+0)
    INT 13 (+1)
    WIS 9 (+0)
    CHA 16 (+2)

Alignment Good
    Armor 0
    HP 18
    Damage d6
    Moves Elf, Arcane Art, Bardic Lore, Charming and Open, A Port in the Storm
    Gear A Songbook in a Forgotten Tongue, Ostentatious Clothes, a Dueling Rapier, and Adventuring Gear
    Load 3/8

The Question
    Q: Your search for an item of great power has led you to Ardenne. What is it, and why do you want it so badly?
    A: I search for a song. It is the song of the birth of my people, and it is said that the one who sings it will restore the lost kingdom of the elves to its former glory.

Hmm. We've got two people left to make characters and one question, which is fine - whoever chimes in second can just pick a question someone else has already answered.

Also, we've got enough people that you can start filling in one or two of your character's bonds. Offer a little explanation as to what the bond means, too, as it's a bit of history between you and whoever it's with.

edited December 2012
    The bulky paladin removes her helmet and introduces herself as Lojainne. Distracted by her eyepatch you immediately forget how to pronounce that, but her one kindly eye indicates she doesn't mind. Such a warm demeanour seems strange in one bearing the worn holy symbol of Lumnos, the moon god famed for his severity.
    Lawful Human Paladin

STR 16 (+2)
    DEX 9 (+0)
    CON 15 (+1)
    INT 8 (-1)
    WIS 12 (+0)
    CHA 13 (+1)

Armor 3
    d10 damage

MOVES
    -Detect Evil
    -Lay on Hands
    -Armored
    -I am the Law
    -Quest: Slay Pallas, a great blight on the land
    Boons: Invulnerability to enchantment; Senses that pierce lies.
    Vows: Truth, Honor

GEAR
    Load: 7/28
    -Scale Mail (2 armor, 3wt) and Shield (+1 armor, 2wt)
    -Longsword (close, +1dmg, 1wt)
    -Leatherbound Mark of Lumnos (0wt)
    -Dungeon Rations (1wt) and Healing Potion (0wt)

BONDS
    Severik's misguided behaviour endangers his very soul! He may have saved me from that medusa, but his servitude to Bloodletter's whims will be his undoing.

Meanwhile, I respect the beliefs of Blennid but hope he will someday see the true way. The spirits are capricious shades- only the gods deserve trust.

Vladire is a brave soul, I have much to learn from him. Independence and mastery over the wilds are virtues in Lumnos' eyes.

* Word on the street is that the Count keeps a great treasure in his castle. What is it, and what can you cash it in for?
    - Lojainne has been tasked by the Synod of Palewood to retrieve the lost relic of Saint Askain, thought to have been lost centuries ago. What form the relic takes has been lost to the mists of time, but the Arbiters of Lumnos are certain it is in Pallas' possession.

Grog on
    Oh man. Can't resist.

Hmmm...

Severik smells more like prey than hunter.

Oh it's on.

Severik owes me his life

Severik's misguided behaviour endangers his very soul! He may have saved me from that medusa, but his servitude to Bloodletter's whims will be his undoing.

Meanwhile, I respect the beliefs of Blennid but hope he will someday see the true way.

Sweet Lojainne, cold moon, warm heart
    Mark of judgment, eye of kindness
    Her blade is swift, her hand a gift
    From Lumnos she comes, but where does she go?

(I sang stories of Lojainne long before I met her in person.)

Remember well the thirst of Bloodletter!
    In dungeons deep it drank of goblin blood
    Scars and stories, we both earned ours
    Severik bears the burden of might

(This is not my first adventure with Severik. and I am writing a ballad about the adventures of Severik.)

I think those three are good to start with, assuming Grog and jdarksun are cool with it.

edited December 2012
    Astrafel has tasted my blood and I his. We are bound by it. (That was one wild party.)

Edit:
    I have shown Quarol a secret rite of the Land.

wildwood on
    @Egos, now that the questions have been spoken for, you can pick whatever you like to answer in your own way. Exactly the same answer might be interesting in its own right, but it's not like there's only one of everything in Ardenne.

Lojainne, you know Lumnos is not a subtle god. You are shielded from enchantment by your vow of honor and all lies sound hollow to your vow of truth. It is armor impenetrable from without. From within, however? Well, mortal souls will falter.

@Glazius I seriously derp'd with taking Elf/precise. I figured it gave a bonus to hit, I only just realized it made me use Dex instead or Str for Hack and Slash. Would it be OK if I swapped the Elf starting move with the Human one (once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll)?

jdarksun wrote: »
    @Glazius I seriously derp'd with taking Elf/precise. I figured it gave a bonus to hit, I only just realized it made me use Dex instead or Str for Hack and Slash. Would it be OK if I swapped the Elf starting move with the Human one (once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll)?

Yeah, Elf has always struck me as being kind of a substandard fighter move, unless you're planning to multiclass or do a lot of archery. Go 'head and take human.

I'm loving the story that's emerging just from character creation. Like how I heard stories about Lojainne while adventuring with Severik, which inspired me to write a song about her even before I met her.

Or how (Blennid Heath trusted me with a secret) and now we're bound by blood.

This is cool. I like this.

edited December 2012
    (( I struggled with these last two, but there's only one way I can make sense out of them. ))

Astrafel is soft, but I will make them hard like me.
    Denada wrote: »
    I'm loving the story that's emerging just from character creation. Like how I heard stories about Lojainne while adventuring with Severik, which inspired me to write a song about her even before I met her.
    This is cool. I like this.
    Yeah, this is a super cool way of lightweight shared world building.

jdarksun on

I'm also feeling like this jump-starts my understanding of my own character and the relationships within the party, like we're getting the connections that you usually get after an intro campaign for free.

I wish I had a Bond for Blennid, but he's not weak, he's not soft, and I couldn't pass up the natural rivalry of Lojainne.

Something like "Unnerves the crap out of me (why does a halfling have horns?)". :)

edited December 2012
    Yessss

Astrafel and I have a con running.

Severik knows incriminating details about me.

I'll wait to see what Ego's doing before finishing.

Der Waffle Mous on
    wildwood wrote: »

I'm also feeling like this jump-starts my understanding of my own character and the relationships within the party, like we're getting the connections that you usually get after an intro campaign for free.

I don't know what exactly constitutes the end of a session in forum play. I figure I'll just wrap one after y'all pull off something big. BUT.

Keep in mind that you will be able to mark experience at the end of a session for resolving your bond. This works out like the 10 XP milestones in Marvel Heroic, if you're familiar - the bond doesn't have to no longer be an issue, it might turn into something entirely different. Just as an example, Severik, it might be that you don't worry about Quoral's ability to survive in the dungeon anymore and you write a different bond with someone else, or it might be that Quoral is now more of a liability than an asset.

will have something up shortly ,think I have it mostly complete except the short little appearance description which I can do quickly

A man with a sharp body enters the room. His hooded head covers short messy hair and most of his body is covered in camouflaged armor , he peers out from under his cloak with animalistic eyes and introduces himself as a hunter. By his side stands a large wolf companion that looks barely tame. The man calls himself Vladire.
    Good Human Ranger

STR 13 (+1)
    DEX 16 (+2)
    CON 12 (+0)
    INT 9 (+0)
    WIS 15 (+1)
    CHA 8 (-1)

Armor: 1
    HP: 20
    Load 6 of 12

MOVES
    • Hunt and Track
    • Called Shot
    • Animal Companion :Black Wolf
      • Ferocity +3, Cunning +1, 1 Armor, Instinct +2
        • strengths: ferocious, stealthy, quick reflexes
        • training: scout
        • weaknesses: savage, frightening
    • Command

GEAR
    • dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
    • leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
    • Hunter's bow (near, far, 1 weight) and short sword (close, 1 weight)
    • Adventuring gear (1 weight) and bundle of arrows (3 ammo, 2 weight)

BONDS
    TBA
    • Word on the street is that the Count keeps a great treasure in his castle. What is it, and what can you cash it in for?
    The still beating heart of the lieutenant of Pallas who slaughtered the daughter of a high lord has a handsome bounty on it.

(that an acceptable answer?)

Yes, that's alright for an answer.

Alright everyone, signups are closed, work your bonds in.

Updated my sheet with 3 bonds, let me know if you want more.

Three bonds is good enough to start with.

I don't know if it's how the designers intended it, but I like keeping your maximum number of bonds in line with what's in your playbook, mostly because it gives the bard more slots than anybody else and that seems right.

Any bonds over three don't have to be defined now - you can fill them in later on or write your own when the mood strikes you.

Are we going with a party of six instead of five?

Yeah. No reason why not. Once everybody gets their bonds in I'll toss y'all some setup.