As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: The gifts (and puzzles) begin to arrive.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Someone needs to do the chains of people gifting just because

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think my satanee's present should arrive this week

If not then next week for sure (I hope).

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    Not satans-related, but @JoeUser is officially truly a wonderful human being.

He bought me a car seat. <3

This is my very first real baby thing, and it's actually new. I did not even imagine that possible. Thank you so much.

Hooray! You're quite welcome; I'm glad you like it. :D

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @SporkAndrew coming up with a theme gift idea for you was so hard.

For a quality three weeks I was trying to do something Disney-related but finally was like, "Fuck we're going Batman!"

"WE'RE GOING BATMAN!!!"

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It doesn't help that I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Or that I just like stuff, and things.

But Batman is always good, and it's stuff I'd never buy myself which makes for the best kind of gift.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    You'll have to tell me how those comics are, as I have always heard good things of them but never read them.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yo I fucking love socks. I was going to send smof socks but I didn't because I know some people dislike socks but MAN SOCKS RULE. Especially the Gangnam Style socks that are really popular right now. Or the ones that are like alligators eating your feet. Or the ones with Robocop or aliens.

ANYWAY SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT HAPPENED

SOLD, Satan

One (1) Slightly Used Soul

lidJy.jpg

Another book I wanted to read really badly after hearing a review!
    When you hear the words "Russian novel," you probably picture something as big and heavy as an anvil. Yet ever since the fall of communism, we've seen the ascent of Russian novelists who are shorter-winded and jauntier.

The most sheerly enjoyable is Andrey Kurkov, who lives and works in the former Soviet republic of Ukraine. Kurkov writes short, sly page-turners that specialize in what we might call absurdist noir. He's already a cult writer in Europe. Now some of his best novels are being released by Melville House, one of those admirable small presses that, in our supposedly globalized age, are helping keep foreign literature from completely dying out in the U.S.

Their most recent Kurkov release is The Case of the General's Thumb, a sardonically amusing romp that's well worth reading. Yet the book I suggest you start with — and that may get you hooked — is the 1996 novel that's probably Kurkov's best. It certainly has his best title: Death and the Penguin.

Set in the run-amok city of Kiev, it's the story of Viktor, a wannabe novelist who lives with his pet, a penguin named Misha that he began looking after when the local zoo could no longer afford to keep him. To keep himself going and Misha in frozen fish, Viktor takes a job preparing advance obituaries for a local paper. Sounds promising, until Viktor's obits turn out to be a kind of hit list — the people he writes about wind up getting murdered. And that's not all. Soon, he's looking after the daughter of his dodgy human friend, Misha — called Misha-non-penguin — whose shenanigans get Viktor ever more deeply involved with the gangsters who run modern Ukraine. These thugs have their own, strange use for Viktor's penguin.

Penguins! Murder! YESSS

Oh my god.

It's like that book was made for me.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    You'll have to tell me how those comics are, as I have always heard good things of them but never read them.

Gotham Central is aces, @Gatsby got the first issue for me as one of my Satans gifts last year. I've bought 2 & 3 since, and need to get a couple more...

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    All shipping concerns are done! Now just to sit and wait for my satanee to get them.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    God-damn I love my headphones...

@Shazkar Shadowstorm, I hope you give The Bloody Beetroots a max vol playthrough on yours....

My ears are literally shaking...

Whoever I get for Satans next year, expect your eardrums to cop a thorough beasting...

('Cos I plan to save up and do you proper!)

Perhaps I shouldn't be listening to the Bloody Beetroots at ridiculous volumes at 1a.m., butt fuck it, Imma have a good time and no-one can stop me...

• Options
    I kinda hope I get Pipthefair, because after I'm done with him, never again will he scoff at 'audiophiles'...

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Bwomp Bwomp Bwomp

poo
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Satanee don't worry, I'm not done with you yet.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i have bloody beetroots

set to like 33 on the amp

which is enough that when people try to get my attention i accidentally yell

poo
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i may have a satan package waiting for me at home today

USPS tried to deliver it, but left a note instead, and i signed off on it for them to leave it at my door today

we will see

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Favlaud wrote: »
    i may have a satan package waiting for me at home today

USPS tried to deliver it, but left a note instead, and i signed off on it for them to leave it at my door today

we will see

that never works!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Satanee's present is at their door and waiting! :D

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Every time I look at this car seat information I think of Pearl Jam.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Another day, and another amazing gift delivery

This time it's . / plut coming through with two issues of Lucky Peach

20121212_145527.jpg

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    @. does that work?

I'm not sure how to @ a single punctuation

Either way, Thank You!

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love Lucky Peach so I was glad to see someone else have it in their wishlist.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    It gave me a little notice saying I had been mentioned in here, so yeah, I guess it works.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Oooooh man

big package waiting for me outside my door as I go for groceries

deciding sustenance can damn well wait its turn, I rush back in and open it up

whereupon I am greeted by a copy of Scibblenauts Unlimited pc, a game I've been really wanting to play. :O

This is really awesome! Doubly so because it was totally unexpected! It wasn't on any of my wishlists! I'd completely forgotten until literally this second I'd put it on my Steam wishlist. Oh well, I still floored when I opened it. That, hands down, makes it my favorite secret satans gift so far. I fucking love good surprises, but they're super rare! Thank you so much, santa!

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    All I have is a real name so I am wondering if @Cogliostro meant me! ANYWAY SATAN HAS ARRIVED

So I had to go to my sister's house, because I have no camera but mostly because I have no cat. I had to borrow this cat. I hope you all appreciate it because he really, really didn't.
    qBp4q.jpg?1

That is definitely a crockpot and a list of stuff!
    vBFRv.jpg

Stuff the first: "Because you can never be too prepared". My brother in law said this is a great book so I am looking forward to reading it.
    fpfK5.jpg

Stuff the second (and third): Happy Festivus and b0rk b0rk b0rk!!! amusingly enough I just told my boyfriend we should watch Alice and now we can!
    tqM8a.jpg

And stuff the fourth: A crockpot for Saturnalia apparently! Hell yes, the one I have is so small that last time I made dinner in it I had to weight the lid down to fit everything. Not an issue anymore!
    eEqjI.jpg

Last but not least, a borrowed cat in the box. Unfortunately while he was really excited about being on the box and near the box he was pretty pissed off that I put him in the box so he is not at his most photogenic here. Please forgive poor Tocho, he was not ready for internet fame. To make up for it I have also included a picture of Tocho in a Santa outfit looking similarly pissed-festive.
    AvK5w.jpg

dxwDw.jpg?1

Anyway thank you so so much, Satan whose real name sounds vaguely presidential! We are having date night at home tonight so perhaps we will get around to watching Alice or Fantastic Mr Fox straight away.

Also holy hell I have tried four times to get imgur to rotate that picture of Tocho inna box and it will not stay rotated so I give up.

cabsy on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    KITTY IN A HAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    dont let that cat be in the room with you when you sleep

you might not wake up

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Crockpooooot! Awesome present! What's the first delicious thing you plan on cooking in it?

Not gonna lie, I was waiting for the kitty in a crockpot photo D:

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That cat will have revenge on you.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    holy shit guys

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I am going to make pork tinga with quesa fresco probably on Friday and then probably a red chili with pork on Sunday :D

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I would appreciate if my satan could get me this job I just interviewed for

#pipe on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am wondering what dark magicks were employed in order for you to get clothes on a cat.

I am trying to work out how I would do such a thing with my own cats but every scenario I imagine results in me having no face at the end.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Attention, I just got home from work and a large box from Amazon was waiting for me. I haven't ordered anything lately so it's quite possible this is from my satan!
    Update to follow

• Options
    smof wrote: »
    I am wondering what dark magicks were employed in order for you to get clothes on a cat.

I am trying to work out how I would do such a thing with my own cats but every scenario I imagine results in me having no face at the end.
    Which is why I think my dog will be the one in all the modeling shots. I don't have the energy to chase down the cats. Say "treat" and Finley flops over on his side. Much like me really.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    cabsy wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »
    Anyway thank you so so much, Satan whose real name sounds vaguely presidential! We are having date night at home tonight so perhaps we will get around to watching Alice or Fantastic Mr Fox straight away.

Super awesome gifts.
    If it was @Cogliostro , great job. If not, good work whoever you are!

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    smof wrote: »

Once you get one leg in he sort of flops over and looks angry instead of putting up active resistance. If you leave him alone for long enough and he thinks nobody is looking he will actually walk around normally in his santa outfit, but much like the barking cat once he is caught he flops over and looks pissed off again. My mom has two cats that have Stockholm so bad that they don't fight her on it at all and her one cat will actually run in and sit up to have dresses put on.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD CAT HAT

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    A package for me!

Let's see what is inside...

secret-satan-1.jpg
    holy shit

secret-satan-2~large.jpg

It's a kindle fire! :o:o:o

Thank you so much! Being marked low because I wouldn't expect to get one is definitely pretty accurate!

As if that wasn't enough, there were also two other things inside the box.
    secret-satan-3~medium.jpg
    "What is Christmas without a great toy? That's something my parents still do for me at Christmas and it is fun, so I figured I'd pass the family tradition along to you."

Yes, I enjoy toys too!

secret-satan-4~medium.jpg
    "One of my favorite movies. Or did I dream about it? Shit is this 2010? Making bad inception jokes is something I have only dreamed about.... ok I'll stop. :3 Happy Christmas! <3, Neville"

It's one of my favorite movies too!

Thank you so much @Neville, you're the best!

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I think neville meant to send that to me. Wrap it back up and I'll send you my address.

This discussion has been closed.