As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    December business trips are tough! Luckily, my semester is wrapping up nicely and I am preparing for a relaxing break full of holiday cheer. I will be taking this break at my parents house, which is where I had my Santa send his gift, so if Santa sent something my way already, don't fret! Also, to my Santee, your gift is bought, and I could just give it to you without bothering with shipping other things, but I want to do more! This more will be sent out today, as soon as I get off work.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i have eaten all the cookies from shadowane.... now i am sad again

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »

I ate all my SS cookies, too. But at least I still have the awesome cookie jar, which has now been filled with peppermint Joe-joes.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    5JHHJ.gif?1

I was able to pick up my package tonight from FedEx and I have been gifted! My Santa has been revealed to be @see317 !
    Upon bringing the package inside I had to let the guard dogs check it out.
    8Z736.jpg

I love the use of delicious peppermint treats as packing peanuts.

In the package I find a hex bug!
    OKNqf.jpg
    He will be guarding my computer desk from now on.

I unwrap the first package to find...
    eKlfl.jpg
    Christmas salt water taffy! From Colorado! I tried some and one of the flavors is egg nog! And it's delicious.

The second package contains...
    lOq5p.jpg
    Brownie mix from Colorado! I love trying local foods and brownies are awesome. I plan on making this stuff sometime this week, so I'll report back with how delicious it is.

The third package contains...
    QxI7F.jpg
    Woah! A 50 dollar steam gift card! This is way too kind. My backlog hates you, but I love you! This is awesome!

Here's the haul together!
    bjbYP.jpg

And here's some bonus pictures of my dogs trying to steal my Santa's coal bubblegum that I also got.
    sImMG.jpg?1

9TBlv.jpg

Thank you so much @see317 ! That gift card was perfect timing (Christmas steam sale in 9 days!) And I love the candy and the brownie mix looks awesome. It really made my day. Merry Christmas!

@see317 was my Santa last year. It's horrible that as soon as I saw the saltwater toffee, I knew he had struck again. ;P

Glad to see all the gift get today. It's exciting. :D
    It's good to have a calling card.
    I tried to send a giant candy cane stick, but I couldn't find any this year.

Don't worry, Bro, I carried the torch for you. ;D
    It's not quite club-a-man-to-death big like yours was, but it was still a fairly large candy cane. I'm just continuing to play the waiting game for my Santee's gift to arrive. ^_^

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Well to be technical, I got it a few days ago but an insane work schedule kept me from posting in full. Shall we begin?

So I get home after a 14 hour work day and what do I find? A box from UPS. I need reinforcements.
    photo1-2.jpg

Krauser tears into the box to find...
    photo2-1.jpg

But Krauser can't read! Let's call in Ramza!
    photo3.jpg

SkyTurnsRed! You son of a bitch!
    photo4-1.jpg

4 Gifts! That's two much for this duo. They need help!
    photo5-1.jpg

Ken and Blue Knight are summoned!

Blue Knight opens up with a brutal Mace attack...
    photo6-1.jpg

And uncovers...
    photo7-1.jpg

A Dracula's Curse Keychain! Already off to a great start!

Ramza's up next! But wait what happened to the lights?
    photo8.jpg

The fighting was vicious and Ramza fell to..
    photo9.jpg

Holy hell! UMvC3 for the Vita! It's my first Vita game despite owning the system since launch!

Ken says bring it on!
    photo10.jpg

Oh snap it's MGS4 Vamp. Ken is out of his league, but Krauser has his back...but what's that behind Ken?!
    photo11.jpg

Krauser's had enough fun and games, it's time for the finale comrade!
    photo12.jpg

Oh snap!
    photo14.jpg

A SF Artbook...Awesome, Let's see what Zero thinks...
    photo13.jpg

Zero approves! And it fits nicely amongst the several other Capcom Artbooks I already have...Lucky roll SkyTurnsRed. Lucky!

The entire haul:
    photo15.jpg

Thanks @SkyTurnsRed

Another successful year of SS. That's 3 years in a row, can't wait til next year. And thanks to the past Santas as well. Still enjoying all those gifts!

edit:

Strange that repeat Ken pic doesn't appear when I edit.
    photo10.jpg[

I just saw this! So glad you loved it all dude!

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Hah, glad you enjoyed them! You have the recipe, you could make them. :o

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Santee, your gift is on its way to you! It was a bit more expensive than I had planned, but alas. I just had to include one more gift. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    If it isn't too late, Santa, don't tell me who you are in the package! I like to reverse stalk if I can to see if I can guess who you are.

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Hello again, G&T Santas! In the spirit of the season, MAGFest, The Music And Gaming Festival (link in sig), is giving away 10 free passes again this year to the first confirmed received Santas. That's at least a $40 value! PM me if your interested, and get to your giving!

I've got a few of these passes left, so all you confirmed delivered santees, let MAGFest reciprocate that holiday spirit!

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Or maybe the postman knocketh early!

I'm going to do this gift get as a read a long with excerpts from Santa @deveric 's letter (followed by DELETED SCENES)

But First! Bunnies with Packages
    51b0Il.jpg
    This is Shadey, my grumpy old Bunny wondering why the hell he is awake.
    wzugzl.jpg
    And this is Gizmo, my girlfriends Dwarf Lionhead terror rabbit.

deveric: I picked out the game that you mentioned in one of your posts. I have it myself, and want to play it more, but alas, I'm playing that school card again. It's been fun so far, and maybe when I get more time (ie after a week from Saturday), I can play it again. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do, and hopefully it's the right platform, judging by your scorecard signature.
    WeEmjl.jpg
    I wonder who that could have been?
    hyeAUl.jpg?1
    Hell Yeah you picked the right platform for this one! I don't know why, but the AC series just feels more at home on the PS3. I was sad when I had to return this to the RedBox... but never again!

devaric: The giant book. Ahh, the memories. I started reading this in a smaller format (smaller trade paperback) about 2 or 3 years ago when I first heard about the title and was immediately hooked. I didn't know if you read comics at all, but I'm hoping that you hadn't read this, if you had. I tried to discern from my stalking, but came up empty handed. Either way, I hope you enjoy this and subsequent media related to said item, which is readily available.
    MZ8Tll.jpg
    I enjoy both of these things
    hhjAUl.jpg
    Excellent, The Walking Dead Compendium 1! My former roommate was quite addicted to this, and I'll admit I've had my eye on it for a while, but I did not pick it up / borrow it from him yet. I've seen the 1st season on AMC (before I gave the cable guy the boot) and I have part 1 and 2 of the Telltale game on PS+ so it will be great to be able to point out the differences :D Not to mention I'll read it at work, and pummel people to death with it if they oppose the idea!

devaric:The last Amazon package. This is a noisy box, I assume. I have one similar to it, but it's still in it's original box, because I'm a nerd like that. Whether you take it or not, is up to you, I approve of your decision either way. I almost picked up something along the lines of an item you mentioned in a post, but I figured it was a bit too late for that this year, so hopefully you picked it up yourself already.
    WKqWsl.jpg
    Oh hell yes I do!
    QwqQbl.jpg
    Sweet Star Wars LEGO Victory! This will likely end up on my desk at work next week. I've finally taken down my LEGO Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid and have been trying to snipe some of the bigger sets on clearance, but this will work a lot better!

devaric:And the last item, which is not wrapped, is an item that I understand was stolen from you. Please, enjoy this, and try not to relish too much in this victory.
    UOCxQl.jpg
    She won't get this one! (it's also going to hide at work)

The Haul:
    S2HVal.jpg

Thank you so much devaric, and good luck finishing up the semester, I remember exam time not very fondly...

DELETED SCENES:
    You try directing bunnies...
    xYymml.jpg
    Grumpy Bun goes for the camera
    oWMC1l.jpg
    This is my box now -Gizmo
    p5toel.jpg
    No really, give it back
    ExrQol.jpg
    FINE! Santa Yoda is mine then!
    rtMH3l.jpg
    That's it, I'm taking the phone...

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Santa, your gift just arrived on my desk. I will do a proper gift get this evening but I thought you'd like to know.

Exciting!

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Or maybe the postman knocketh early!

I'm going to do this gift get as a read a long with excerpts from Santa @deveric 's letter (followed by DELETED SCENES)

But First! Bunnies with Packages
    51b0Il.jpg
    This is Shadey, my grumpy old Bunny wondering why the hell he is awake.
    wzugzl.jpg
    And this is Gizmo, my girlfriends Dwarf Lionhead terror rabbit.

deveric: I picked out the game that you mentioned in one of your posts. I have it myself, and want to play it more, but alas, I'm playing that school card again. It's been fun so far, and maybe when I get more time (ie after a week from Saturday), I can play it again. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do, and hopefully it's the right platform, judging by your scorecard signature.
    WeEmjl.jpg
    I wonder who that could have been?
    hyeAUl.jpg?1
    Hell Yeah you picked the right platform for this one! I don't know why, but the AC series just feels more at home on the PS3. I was sad when I had to return this to the RedBox... but never again!

devaric: The giant book. Ahh, the memories. I started reading this in a smaller format (smaller trade paperback) about 2 or 3 years ago when I first heard about the title and was immediately hooked. I didn't know if you read comics at all, but I'm hoping that you hadn't read this, if you had. I tried to discern from my stalking, but came up empty handed. Either way, I hope you enjoy this and subsequent media related to said item, which is readily available.
    MZ8Tll.jpg
    I enjoy both of these things
    hhjAUl.jpg
    Excellent, The Walking Dead Compendium 1! My former roommate was quite addicted to this, and I'll admit I've had my eye on it for a while, but I did not pick it up / borrow it from him yet. I've seen the 1st season on AMC (before I gave the cable guy the boot) and I have part 1 and 2 of the Telltale game on PS+ so it will be great to be able to point out the differences :D Not to mention I'll read it at work, and pummel people to death with it if they oppose the idea!

devaric:The last Amazon package. This is a noisy box, I assume. I have one similar to it, but it's still in it's original box, because I'm a nerd like that. Whether you take it or not, is up to you, I approve of your decision either way. I almost picked up something along the lines of an item you mentioned in a post, but I figured it was a bit too late for that this year, so hopefully you picked it up yourself already.
    WKqWsl.jpg
    Oh hell yes I do!
    QwqQbl.jpg
    Sweet Star Wars LEGO Victory! This will likely end up on my desk at work next week. I've finally taken down my LEGO Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid and have been trying to snipe some of the bigger sets on clearance, but this will work a lot better!

devaric:And the last item, which is not wrapped, is an item that I understand was stolen from you. Please, enjoy this, and try not to relish too much in this victory.
    UOCxQl.jpg
    She won't get this one! (it's also going to hide at work)

The Haul:
    S2HVal.jpg

Thank you so much devaric, and good luck finishing up the semester, I remember exam time not very fondly...

DELETED SCENES:
    You try directing bunnies...
    xYymml.jpg
    Grumpy Bun goes for the camera
    oWMC1l.jpg
    This is my box now -Gizmo
    p5toel.jpg
    No really, give it back
    ExrQol.jpg
    FINE! Santa Yoda is mine then!
    rtMH3l.jpg
    That's it, I'm taking the phone...

Woot, glad it all arrived today! Hopefully you're able to enjoy the gifts and have a Merry Christmas as well!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Wing sauce! I will have to find some way to get my hands on that if it's supposed to be that good. I generally buy a few different sauces and hot sauces and make my own unique sauce for each batch of wings.

It's funny I see that today too because just this week I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend and I had ordered wings with wild sauce, and I don't know what happened, but what was on those wings was not wild sauce. It was the hottest thing I had ever tasted, and I've had their blazing sauce and I didn't think it was that hot. This sauce was burning my lips and tongue and that hasn't happened before. So I don't know if the cooks were playing a prank somehow, or if it was a bad batch of wild sauce from the company, but whoah.

Anyway, make those wings and report back! And use the bleu cheese! :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I am excited:

Message from XXXXXX XXXXXX:
    G&T Secret Santa
    Number of Packages: 1
    UPS Service: STANDARD
    Weight: 11.0 LBS

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Holy shit, I am excited:

G&T Secret Santa

So, either a pile of books or a puppy!

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Either would be acceptable.

• Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    *Update*

I got an anonymous email last night tell me the ps3 games were for me. The sender used a secret Santa email, so yeah, they don't want to be outted.

They said I know who they are, as we have spoken multiple times at various PAX events, even at one point helping his son obtain a picture & autograph of several folks from Bungie and Cliffy B.

So with those clues, I have an idea who it is.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    So yeah. My package is supposed to be here today! USPS delivers really late to my apartment so tonight really. It's coming from Wisconsin so with any luck I'm getting cheese curds.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The box is staring at me and daring me to open it now.

It will be a long afternoon at work.

Maybe if I just open it up a little bit and peak inside...

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    If you live across the pond you've got something heading your way...

• Options
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Holy shit, I am excited:

G&T Secret Santa

A puppy tends to not weigh that much.
    Maybe it's three puppies.

• Options
    I would hope that if someone is shipping a puppy or puppies they would drop the cash for a more expedient form of shipping than Standard.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I was looking at shipping costs from Australia to the states, and whatever my Santee sent me, if it isn't feathers, would have cost him or her a pretty penny to ship.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Air holes. They'll be fine.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Holy shit, I am excited:

G&T Secret Santa

A puppy tends to not weigh that much.
    Maybe it's three puppies.
    Well, you're not taking into account the packing material.
    Puppies are fragile, and if you're shipping them standard, you need to make sure they're well packed for the trip.
    I'd guess 2 maybe 2 and a half puppies, max.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Don't forget about food.

Unless you intend that the puppies fight for survival..

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    It could be a cat too. Cats can weight 11 pounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3dm5J5r0A

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So... I sent a message already to @Hypatia after receiving an email from this super duper secret santa last night.

He told me the games were for me, they just weren't supposed to arrive yet.

He also gave me a few clue's. I know him from Steam and PAX. We talk every year at PAX. We've discussed PS3 vs 360. CCP's love affair with PS3. And that I helped his son obtain autographs from folks at Bungie.

I have a pretty good idea, but not totally certain.

DR9US.gif

ANYWAYS. I got home from physical therapy (torn interspinal ligaments) and wife told me FedEx dropped off a package. It was addressed to TheJaxx *lastname*. It was rather light and smelled slightly of cigars.
    ps3-1.jpg

And Ein the Corgi instantly claimed it as his.
    ps3-2.jpg

Upon opening it, I was stunned... My wife started laughing, I said something like "That son of a beeswax", and she said "Is that Bieber wrapping paper?!"
    ps3-3.jpg

Sure enough, it was. And even Ein the Corgi snorted at it and lost interest.
    ps3-4.jpg
    ps3-5.jpg

A Note:
    To a hater :p

You talk about how much you hate Sony and you would not buy them. But you want Dust 514 on Xbox (barf). To bad! It shall not pass! (See what I did there?)

So try it. See what you are missing! Come to the dark side! (See again?!)

Merry Christmas!

Your converting Santa!
    ps3-6.jpg

Unwrapping the big one first at the behest of the wife, I see this. Now my house feels... tainted.
    ps3-7.jpg

The smaller package contained another controller and Lollipop Chainsaw, which reminded me of another PAX moment.
    ps3-8.jpg
    ps3-8a.jpg

And lastly
    ps3-9.jpg
    So the haul from this super duper secret santa and the cheesy grin and thumbs up, cause the wife wouldn't let me give the finger I wanted. :p j/k

Thank you very much. I was wanting a blu-ray player that did Netflix and NFL Ticket!

I'm kidding, I appreciate it and will buy you a beer or ten if I think you are who I think you are.

thejaxx on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

I am somewhat bad about checking my mail (I check my box every three days or so), so I didn't notice that a package had been delivered on Saturday. Coming home after work today, early in the AM, I discovered this box from the clearly fantastic @Judge-Z :
    santa01.jpg

And inside, a note!
    santa02.jpg
    santa03.jpg

Of course that remark about opening the presents in any order is nonsense. You give me a numbered list and the numbers must be obeyed.

So, box number 1!
    santa04.jpg

Small box with something flashy? Might it be one of the poison rings on my wish list?

Nope, something much better!
    santa05.jpg

This image is a little blurry, but I had to capture my first roll with this die. A 20 on the first roll? Clearly this is a lucky die! I'll have to save it for my important rolls.
    santa06.jpg

Boxes 2 and 3!
    santa07.jpg

Aw yissssss
    santa08.jpg

Hell yeah, these dice are definitely classing up the joint.
    santa09.jpg

The description for Box #3 gave me a good laugh, I must admit. Here's the beginning of the post chain that @Judge-Z is referring to. D.. don't you judge me! I can see Liu-bots and Monroe-bots in your futures, don't even lie.
    santa10.jpg

Soon he will be inside me.
    santa11.jpg

Hmmm.
    santa12.jpg

Wooot! I really love the hell out of this game.
    santa13.jpg

Is it a book? I think perhaps it's a book.
    santa14.jpg

Wow, a really beautiful and fantastic book at that!

Gift #6!
    santa15.jpg

I sense something Firefly related!
    santa16.jpg

Awwww it's my girl Zoe! Shit yeah!

Gift #7
    santa17.jpg

Finally, all that effort I put into that shrink ray comes to fruition.
    santa18.jpg

I shall travel the galaxy at 1:1000 scale. I'll have to convince Seth Green to shrink down too, of course. And pretend his name is Joker. And break all his bones for added realism. Garrus will be harder to acquire, but I'll start with kidnapping Brendon Keener and work from there.
    santa19.jpg

And finally, gift #8!
    santa20.jpg

Did @Judge-Z get me a pair of shoes?
    santa21.jpg

But I can't even wear a size 5 1/2!
    santa22.jpg

Food goods! And dressing? Curious!
    santa23.jpg

Ah, OK! I am not a vegetarian, but I don't think I've ever eaten hotwings (blasphemous, I know). I am game to try!

Candies!
    santa24.jpg
    santa25.jpg

Wing fixins!
    santa26.jpg
    santa27.jpg

And here is my new Normandy model, sitting proudly before Garrus and Tali:
    santa28.JPG

I've got to say, I was blown away by the generosity of my Santa! I wasn't expecting such an overflowing box of pure awesome! Thanks @Judge-Z , you rock!

Woot! Glad you seem to like everything, @Cambiata - sorry to have been a nudge, but I was really paranoid something had happened to the package after it spent two extra days in the sorting facility in San Antonio. Looks like everything made it safely, except maybe some of the sponge candy.

I do have to correct you on one thing. They're not hot wings.

They're Buffalo Wings. This rust belt hole of a city doesn't have a hell of a lot to be proud of, but dammit, Buffalo Wings are our gift to the world, and a pretty damn good one! :P

I was very tempted to get you the ME figures on your wish list instead of the Normandy. I'm glad I resisted, after seeing your post about being able to get some with your employer's funbux!

Thanks for the great gift get post, it made my day! Hope you have a happy holiday season!

@ArcSyn - that's not just any Buffalo Wing sauce. It's what most locals will agree is the best wing sauce. Anchor Bar invented the Buffalo Wing, and until recently that's what I sent to my Santees as that was all you could buy bottled that was authentic. But the Anchor Bar just isn't as good as it used to be - it's sadly rested on its laurels of late, and become a bit too touristy. Most people around here are happy with whatever wings are made by their local bar or pizzeria, but when we want wings, just wings, and the best wings, we go to one of the four Duff's. (they also have a Toronto location). You might be able to get the stuff from their website, or you can hope to get me as Santa in the future, because the good stuff goes in the box, every year!

Well, I've gifted and been gifted. Time to sit back and enjoy the show!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    Someone just needs to get a 360, and all the major consoles are handled this year.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I'm the one that got you the PS2 TheJaxx. Feel free to PM me for my address, and I'll be awaiting that case of beers.

Shiner, please.

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I'm the one that got you the PS2 TheJaxx. Feel free to PM me for my address, and I'll be awaiting that case of beers.

Shiner, please.

*cough*
    He got a PS3. <_<

• Options
    Damn @thejaxx. That's a nice haul. Sounds to me like karma paying you back for being an awesome Santa.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I think we were all expecting the PS3 after you mysteriously received some PS3 games earlier. Still doesn't make the generosity any less incredible.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Giftget.gif

Shortly before lunch my assistant comes in with a box and a smirk on her face. Hmm, weird.

I can't remember ordering anything lately and check the return address. Oh meeplemart, sweet. Maybe I ordered more things last week and forgot (this happens).

My eye drops to the address, [MYNAME] "Bear is Driving" [SURNAME] and I'm all Ohhhhhhhh. When it comes up later I explain that yes, I have the best Internet handle ever and strangers send me things for free because they're full of Christmas cheer. I don't think my assistant has even had someone from the Internet buy her a sandwich before. Her loss.

Cut to now, 5 hours later, I'm finally home and can take proper pictures.

Lacking pets, I enlist my Lego AT-ST to check out the package and make sure it's free of Ewok vermin:
    giftget1.jpg

Apparently it can't see through boxes (or withstand an attack by stupid teddy bears) so I have to cut it open:
    giftget2.jpg

The report is in: No Ewoks. Good, I fucking hate those things.

Emptying the box reveals:

Fantastic! Thank you as yet anonymous Santa. I have played dysfunctional spaceships with my friends before and we've had a blast. I'm going to introduce it to my family this Christmas for many, many laughs. The board game thread will also be pleased because this is one of the games we try and push on people constantly. I shall give it a place on my board game shelves beside its brother, Galaxy Trucker.

Merry Christmas!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I wanted to send my santee some stuff from the UK in addition to what I've already sent, but sadly my wife will now be unemployed as of 23rd December so we're a bit short on cash for postage. Her employers are the real Grinches, not me :p

I'm still planning on sending the gift over (and I've already sent the main more expensive gifts electronically so I'm certainly no dead beat!) but I'm a little let down I won't manage to do everything I planned for their Xmas gift. I've revealed myself (hehe) to my Santee now though, so they know who I am and to expect a little something in the New Year.

If anyone's curious, I was this Santa:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMiCx4HDkI
    And yes it did take ages to get everyone's avatar from the thread and loop them over my mug. I simply had a sheet of paper over my face so I couldn't see a thing, also I hope someone spotted I went for the "James Bond bad guy stroking a cat" cliche, except with a reindeer.

The follow up package WILL contain another little video to tie things up, when I can eventually send it out. Sorry Santee but I hope you enjoy what you've got up to now :D

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Do you want one of us to send your assistant a sandwich? Is that what this is about? You just have to ask, Bear.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    If it'll stop her from eating canned tuna I'm totally for Internet strangers sending her lunch every day.

EDIT: Doing the gift get post is like the most stressful part of this whole process.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    If it'll stop her from eating canned tuna I'm totally for Internet strangers sending her lunch every day.

All right, guys. What we need to do is clear.

Sandwich bomb.

(Okay, it probably wouldn't be a good thing if she got 47 sandwiches in one day, but seriously, one of us needs to send her a sandwich.)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Agreed. She was the shepherd for the final leg of this package's journey. The Internet must repay her service with sandwiches.