As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 4th (Almost) Annual Phalla Awards! - Congratulations to all our winners!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Zombicide is awesome and everybody should own it. i walked to the guys on the 4th floor at the convention center, walked up to their booth and was all 'take my money!!' and he was like 'for what?' and i was like 'ZOMBICIDE!' and he was like 'LOL we sold out two hours ago' and I was like "NOOOOoooo we were still playing the game two hours ago!"

dreams, crushed.

So i spent that money on other board games instead. And a piece of pizza.
    After learning of that game's existence, it has moved to the top of my "I MUST BUY THIS" list

Edit: For anyone who wants to get friends into playing board games, Betrayal at House on the Hill is a fantastic way to do so. Working towards a common goal and then having someone turn traitor is just great fun

we were quickly being surrounded. We only had a few more turns before the zombies would be upon us and there would be no turning back, no escape, no hope for survival. Everywhere we turned, everywhere we looked there were zombies. The walkers were the most numerous, of course, they were the ones that swarm and kill. Oh, there were runners, and big ones too, but the walkers. There were just so many. We had our objective in sight, we could escape in just a few moments, if only we could somehow clear the way through the oncoming swarm of zombies.

I knew what I had to do.

Half running, half limping from the wound on my thigh which was still open and had puss and blood flowing from it steadily, I jumped into the police car that was there. Luckily, there were keys still in the ignition. Town cops were not the best, or even the brightest, but at this point in time that actually worked to my advantage. As I revved up the engine and pulled the car around to face the oncoming horde, my mind immediately drifted through my short time in this town. The kids I taught at the primary school, the weekends running in the park. The quiet lunches with the math teacher down the hall, I had no idea if he had managed to get to safety or not. I looked into the rear view mirror, zombies everywhere. My friends, we had made it this far together, they were grouped up, firing shots at the walkers and runners. it didn't seem to matter just how much noise we made at this time, they knew where we were, there was no hope of hiding now.

A walker bumped into the front bumper of the car, then another, and another. I was brought back to reality by the smell of their breath and the sound of their low moaning. I loaded my weapon, I put the cruiser into gear. And I stood on the accelerator. The cruiser took off, and I was mowing through a crowd of zombies, knocking them side to side. I didn't know just how many I was hitting and killing, it didn't matter. Each one down was one more breath of life for my friends.

I rounded the corner and then spun the cruiser around. There were still some zombies left! I still had a chance! Taking a deep breath, I offered up a prayer and a blessing and a thanksgiving to whoever could be listening, although I am no longer certain that anybody was. I pressed on the accelerator again. Bowling has never sounded so sweet, or smelled so bad.

But the cruiser got stuck on a body or two, i could not move forward, I could not move back, and as the horde closed in around me, I closed my eyes and waited, hoping that I had bought my friends enough time. The last thing that I saw, the last thing that I remember was the feeling of clammy dead hands grabbing at my neck and at my chest. My last thoughts were of my exboyfriend.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Ahava, you're not helping :p
    I DONT HAVE MONEY DONT DO THIS TO ME

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Jun. 19, 2010 - Ringo thinks he's clever, and lies on top of blackmail during Burnage's [Mini-phalla] Cyberpunk. Can go goose himself. Major offense. (+2, gains trait: Go goose Yourself)
    Jun. 19, 2010 - Egos lets the terrorists win (kowtows to Ringo's blackmail) in Burnage's [Mini-phalla] Cyberpunk. Minor offense. (+1)

I'm terribly saddened that your list is missing all the fun we had together after Cyberpunk, jdark.

Also sad that looking through the last Phalla Awards, we didn't manage to snag the best Duo award. Damn you Blarnfidel!

wait wait...I LET THE TERRORISTS WIN IN BURNAGE'S GAME WHERE EVERYONE IS A FUCKING SK AND THERE ARE TWO SECRET MAFIAS!? HOW DO I LET THE TERRORISTS WIN?

edit: I don't even recall working with Ringo in cyberpunk. The worst I recall was saying Kay might be a legit double agent because I was to cover my ass as a cover agent in my own organization, when kay was actually a double double agent (read first mafia). Basically if you were anything close to a villager, you only had maybe one -two-three people you could trust (the head of your organization and another member of your group I believe who you had no way of verifying) vs. a mafia and a emergent mafia. And you had to kill off all other factions whereas the mafia had an easier job and more power.

HORRIBLE BALANCE

AFTER THE GAME THE MAFIA GLOATED AND EVEN GOT A GJ!

biggest wtf

"Oh yeah good job you were the Navy Seals in a BR game"

The problem with Burnage phallas is that they can still inspire rage and confusion years later.

The genius, of Burnage phallas, is that they can still inspire rage and confusion years later.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    that one was just horrible though. just a huge fuck you to other players that didn't have specific roles. cool ideas. but without the ability to form alliances and massive paranoia with the implementation of double agents + emergent mafia and such they had no chance against an organized force who had more weaponry at their disposal and no such trust issues.

Egos on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Burnage wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    This thread is really reminding me that I need to get back into Phalla.

Hells yes. I'm pretty sure "Burnage Phalla" is still a genre.

EDIT: In the same way that "Tarantino" and "Christopher Nolan" are very particular types of films.

Montauk Phalla is like my Reservoir Dogs.

I tried reading Montauk Phalla once.

It... didn't go well.

I was self-proclaimed 'network' 'head' in Montauk Phalla
    the network consisted of me trying to make sense of it all
    and Infidel who wanted nothing but to "blow everything up"
    I gave up and went with infidel's plan

I miss burnage phalla

Alegis on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    CONFESSION TIME

I NEVER LEARNED TO READ

(apparently)

You learned to enjoy great tasty beers though

Remind me not to vote for you again!

Alegis on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ahava, you're not helping :p
    I DONT HAVE MONEY DONT DO THIS TO ME

you see, the thing is, that the situation up there was entirely accurate.

if you run out of zombies to place on the board because all the zombies are already there, then you lose the game.

So I literally drove over I think 12 zombies, just so that we could get some zombies into the reserve pool so that we didn't lose the game.

so. much. fun.

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    Oh shazbot, I'm nominated for an awa-

Oh. Ooooooh. Yeah, that's.... I'm amazed I even won that game. Thank you, Murderbot.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Ringo wrote: »
    Jun. 19, 2010 - Ringo thinks he's clever, and lies on top of blackmail during Burnage's [Mini-phalla] Cyberpunk. Can go goose himself. Major offense. (+2, gains trait: Go goose Yourself)
    Jun. 19, 2010 - Egos lets the terrorists win (kowtows to Ringo's blackmail) in Burnage's [Mini-phalla] Cyberpunk. Minor offense. (+1)

I'm terribly saddened that your list is missing all the fun we had together after Cyberpunk, jdark.

Also sad that looking through the last Phalla Awards, we didn't manage to snag the best Duo award. Damn you Blarnfidel!

wait wait...I LET THE TERRORISTS WIN IN BURNAGE'S GAME WHERE EVERYONE IS A FUCKING SK AND THERE ARE TWO SECRET MAFIAS!? HOW DO I LET THE TERRORISTS WIN?

edit: I don't even recall working with Ringo in cyberpunk.
    I don't recall anything about it except being blindingly mad.

I went back and read our proboards, and I still have no idea why. And all my comments in the thread are gone...

It's entirely possible I was just hung up on something stupid, and that I was the one in the wrong.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well I feel doomed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Reading Death of Phalla and Pokephalla makes me feel like building a time machine just so I could go back in time and kick myself for the way I was acting. It's no wonder I was voted out both games- acted like a fool and an obvious potential mafia. It should have been obvious- if you act like a whiny asshole, you will get voted out or killed, either because you're a mafia or you're a goddamn pest that is giving everyone a headache.

I said in the aftergame that you were too obvious "against the vote/bw" the previous day and too perfect of a pariah to be mafia in normal circumstances. But people like pariahs. And you didn't read your role pm correctly :(

re: Death of Phalla

Tell me about it. Hindsight is 20/20- there are a lot of things I would have done differently now- like not make myself a big target, and to keep my mouth shut and not lie about my role unless I have a good/not obvious cover story, and about 97 other ideas.

Past me, you're an easily-manipulated idiot who shoots your mouth off before you know what the hell is going on. In the future, you WILL learn, but it's going to take a year or two for the lessons to finally sink in.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Just a reminder - Only 1 hour left to make your voice heard for today's votes!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So I guess the magic box doesn't count for most improved player even though it was 2nded :?

Well, technically, it's not an actual player

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »

BL, this is why you need to play more often.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    So I guess the magic box doesn't count for most improved player even though it was 2nded :?

Well, technically, it's not an actual player

It got hit with vote manip last night.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Night 3

The lights dimmed. A screen suitable for watching movies descended from the ceiling.

The sound of an unseen projector kicked in.

This is what you hear in the Living Mirror of Heaven.

Word on the street is there's a man who's got to host an awards show. Or is it a funeral? Maybe it's both, at the same time. You honor people either way. But then what does it mean if they read out your name? After all. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

The man on the screen morphed into a smiling officer of the Ministry of Truth. “HelLOOOOOOO LONDOOOOON!” INANTP shouts, “Welcome to the doublethink PARTY! Hate is love, good looking folks, it is the time of year to let go of grudges and celebrate! Obi, put your mouth on Spoit's! Jdark, MrT, hug time. I will be there as soon as I can to help things along! Just need to get out of this Ministry building...”

The camera followed him out, conveniently enough. He put on his jersey and took up position at the starting line. From there, it was slow motion time. INANTP took the lead early thanks to being a skeleton and not having to deal with wind resistance, but the muscles of the other runners were beginning to prove valuable. They shot ahead, leaving him apparently distraught. Looking for an easy out, he leaped into a weirdly nearby ocean.

“To me, my reference!” he called out. A colossal cladoselache rose up beneath him from the depths, and he cackled with delight as it leapt out of the sea. He pulled up the reigns with a manic grin.

The screen displayed FIVE MINUTES LATER.

INANTP and his whale were promptly shown in space. “Well I am fucking lost,” he proclaimed. Flagging down a passing ship, he secured transport for himself and his shark. While thanking the helpful robot for letting him on board, the conversation was interrupted with a loud siren. “What is that?” INANTP inquired.

“The Someone's Trying To Crash Us Into Another Ship Alarm,” the robot replied.

“Haha!” INANTP shouted, turning to the camera and giving it dual finger guns. “References.”

He kicked open the door to the cockpit, demanding that the culprit stop what they were doing. The man at the cockpit turned slowly. “Don't worry, you can trust me,” he insisted, “I'm a cop.”

INANTP did not trust him. They both drew lightsabers and had a fight scene. It was alright, but there was already a bit of a murmur growing in the audience as people turned back to their pre-existing conversations.

“Look, tell the giants to keep this on the down-low!” they heard INANTP yell.

“Oh ho ho, Lady of Pain, I didn't know you were so good with your AH OH GOODNESS.” they heard him squeal.

“A is for assassination. B is for bloodshed. C is for carnage,” he elaborated.

I KNOW WHAT M IS FOR,” his colleague elaborated.

“Look, give me the mic, I'll sort this out. What's something they'll never believe? FOUR DAYS IN ONE DAY, that sounds crazy.”

But at that point, everyone was talking about something else. It was only the sound of him stepping through the screen that caused them to look up. “Hahaha, hey, hey, what's up, how you all doing tonight,” he smiled, gesturing at the crowd. “Good film right? Oh man, you don't know how hard it was to get Pie on board.” Stepping up to the podium, he gave another nod.

“It is my honor, nay privilege to present two awards to you today.” INANTP grinned wide, before looking down. “Not sure why we're working off of these wills here but HEY! Thematics. I didn't organize the shindig.”

He pulled out a hammer and seven candles, pausing as he looked at them. “Is this uh, is this the most improved item?” he called to the side. “I don't...I don't know what's meant on this card by 'the symbols of self-evaluation'? Like, is it...is it a Seventeen Candles reference? I mean I get the hammer I guess, it's a tool for building things so like, home improvement, but I don't...like is there supposed to be a stand? I think I'm missing some things.”

No one replied.

Eventually he shrugged and smiled to the crowd. “Everyone has to start somewhere folks, and we all start small. But with effort, and determination, we can grow into a – oh maybe it's the protein shake. That might – we can grow into a Big Name Player. Tonight we honor the individual who has most impressed us, who has accelerated his engine furthest, who has built himself up to be a legend in a year's time. Theoretically. Maybe he'll quit. It's my pleasure to name PREMIUM as the MOST IMPROVED PLAYER!”

The crowd applauded the dwarf as he walked up to the stage. “Listen uh, this might not all be for you,” INANTP explained as he handed him a protein shake, a hammer, and four candles, “But a lot of this is just a bunch of junk, so uh...I guess take the honor?”

He waited for the applause to die down, then continued. “Now let's talk real for a moment folks. We're all human. We're all selfish, whiny little assholes. And that's okay! But because of it, sometimes we get tired. Maybe it was a bad day at work, maybe we misread someone's intent in the lack of tone of forums, maybe we're sore and cranky – who knows. Sometimes, we're just in a bad god dang mood. And we lash out. As long as you don't fume impotently alone forever, that's okay. Come back and squeeze someone's shoulders and acknowledge things, and they'll squeeze right back, pat your back, and welcome you into the circle again.”

A manic grin spread across his face. “But if you gotta lash, oh man, make it something hilarious. Ensuring that his name will be further synonymous with mayhem and chaos, it is my honor to award the MOST HILARIOUS SINGLE MELTDOWN BY A PLAYER award to BEEEEEEEDLAAAAAAAAAAM!”

The skeleton pulled out a pair of model ships awkwardly jammed together and proudly extended them towards the man in the bird costume that approached the stage. “The uh, the will requested that they be together like this,” he explained.

Returning once more to the podium, he extended his arms. “It's also very strange for me to announce this, but there were only a single seconded nomination for the Best Duo or Team, so I'd like to recognize LANGLY AND MYSELF (INANTP) for being bros to the end.”

He pointed at the turtle in the suit in the crowd and winked. It was very strange to see a skeleton wink, but phalla. “I'll give you your trophy later.”

Today's Vote
    BEST BETRAYAL is still anyone's game though, so here are your nominees!”

Langly and INANTP run off with the Holocron (Darth Hekatombe)
    Link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/24615279/#Comment_24615279

Cythraul and Obi form a network then get converted (House of Phallenstein)
    Link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/168583/the-house-of-phallanstein-game-over-monster-neutral-jdarksun-mrt-victories/p1

Infidel bullies his roommate into reveal he is mafia (Elementalist)
    Link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/141005

Rawwking Goodguy sells out the network (Majora's Phalla)
    Link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/161226/majoras-phalla-game-over-link-them-victory/p1

Today's nominees
    “In addition, let's hear your nominees for:”

Best Writing By a Host or Co-Host (The Bestselling Novelist Award)

“and”

Memiest Meme/Most Graphic Graphic (The Hilarious award)

“Tip your servers folks, see you on the flip side!”

Vote in "color=goldenrod" for Best Betrayal

Nominate in "color=red" for Best Writing By a Host or Co-Host (The Bestselling Novelist Award)

Nominate in "color=blue" for Memiest Meme/Most Graphic Graphic (The Hilarious award)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Being on the receiving end of it, and in my second game I'd want to go with Infidel bullying his roommate, but he didn't really betray anyone so much as trick?

Also Oops I forgot to colorize my second of Egos' suggestion.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    INANTP and Langly are going to win too many awards

but INANTP and Langly for the Cereal Killer phalla. Greatest writing in a phalla ever.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    oh and Cythraul and Obi. Can't get much worse than the guard and a confirmed villager dismantling the village network every day on the promise from the mafia that they would be converted before the end of the game.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Cythraul and Obi. I think I was the last actual villager in the 'network'. Fun times.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Cythraul and Obi for Best Betrayal.

Hmm... Most Graphic Graphic? Egos goes insane on the mafia proboards in Blackout in Phallaville. Hilarious, indecipherable, pictures and dancing midget facetious ensues. (That goes in this category, right?)

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Also, if @Egos would like to dig up the links, because I'm lazy and forgot the URL.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Egos goes insane on the mafia proboards in Blackout in Phallaville. Hilarious, indecipherable, pictures and dancing midget facetious ensues.

I was mafia during that game and I second this nomination so hard.

edit: Or wait, was that another game that I was mafia with him?...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Egos goes insane on the mafia proboards in Blackout in Phallaville. Hilarious, indecipherable, pictures and dancing midget facetious ensues.

That was the one he went insane on. Mafia was: You, me, egos, Slym, shalmelo, Koan, warban, Infidel, Roman~

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Also, can we nominate INANTP for that narration right there? Because that's a pretty damn fucking awesome narration. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    We should do another surprise category today, given how things turned out.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »

That was the one he went insane on. Mafia was: You, me, egos, Slym, shalmelo, Koan, warban, Infidel, Roman~

I don't believe it! Speaking of,

shalmelo is ALWAYS evil

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Also, can we nominate INANTP for that narration right there? Because that's a pretty damn fucking awesome narration. :P

We really don't need to inflate his ego anymore than it is. :P

But for real, INANTP needs to be writing books or something. Everything he writes is pure gold. Cereal Killer narrations, the thing he wrote for his and Langly's escape from Phallacron, the narration just a few posts up from this one.

WRITE A BOOK ALREADY SO I CAN GIVE YOU SOME MONEY!

• Options

I don't believe it! Speaking of,

shalmelo is ALWAYS evil

I think I almost have to second this one. The poor bastard seriously has been mafia almost every game the past couple of months. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Obi and Cythraul

You guys.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    man i don't mind being nominated but that one is not the one to do that for

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Were [b[farangus[/b] in this time period"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    man i don't mind being nominated but that one is not the one to do that for

I don't think I've played in any of your other phallas, right?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Rawkking Goodguy

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    My ego demands to be stroked.

Someone nominate me for Star Wars narration or I'll do it myself ;p

This is probably a case of newness, but CapFalcon's narration for Unknown Armies was amazing. I know absolutely nothing of that setting, but I am a sucker for that kind of writing.

Taya is always evil. . Also, could be said for Kime.

Infidel bullying his roommate leaps from phalla land to real life. Now THAT is a betrayal.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I'll second CapFalcon for Unknown Armies.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I wouldn't call it insane

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Wasn't rawkking goodguy talking to himself on a proboards for a game this period?

steam_sig.png