As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: The gifts (and puzzles) begin to arrive.

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I would not mind that Marceline painting
    not one bit

Franko on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Nobody would, that shit is jawsome

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey Satan
    Just a reminder I'll be out of town from the 20th til the 27th so if your gifts don't arrive in the next week, I won't get them until after that.

No pressure!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    OH SNAP! I got relayed word that apparently the scotch glass *was* from my Satan! Just for whatever reason did not include any satanic information. Sorry for the confusion in the chains, and THANK YOU SATAN, I FUCKING LOVE IT.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    OH SNAP! I got relayed word that apparently the scotch glass *was* from my Satan! Just for whatever reason did not include any satanic information. Sorry for the confusion in the chains, and THANK YOU SATAN, I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Do you remember when you posted about it originally? I don't have a backup since before I swapped out your gift postage.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll find it.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Thanks! I've updated the chains on the previous page so that mug comes first, with your latest post the 2 to maintain the timeline.

I think I get too into this stuff.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I really hope I can afford to participate next year.

Dude I have a Slinky and a Rubik's cube on my wishlist...

It's the thought that counts, not the pricetag!

No, I definitely get that. I kept it pretty simple when I participated before. It's just that most of my jobs have been pretty transient, and I'm used to the end of the year being really bad for work. I wouldn't have even been able to cover what Sara paid in shipping this year. I already made the mistake of signing up for a forum battle when I knew I was going to be between places to live one year. Not gonna deadbeat a Satan.

• Options
    Thanks! I've updated the chains on the previous page so that mug comes first, with your latest post the 2 to maintain the timeline.

I think I get too into this stuff.

I'm not sure there's a too much.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    The packages I sent show delivery for over a week ago, but no word from my Satanee.

Getting nervous, I really hope they were received.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    you can always get a friend to pm them asking whats up

have they logged in??

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have, and they have, although they've not been particularly active lately.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The day is young.

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    . wrote: »
    Except for Usagi, Wednesday went as planned. Yay!

Speaking as the best gay here, we rule.

That's me, always throwing a wrench into the works :D
    Amazon promised me a Wednesday Blitzkreig of gifting randomness but look what happened. Tuesday and Wednesday. Pshaw. Christmas is ruined for me.
    Now I need three times as many gifts, Satan. You can blame Amazon. Or Usagi. Or my greediness.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    I really hope I can afford to participate next year.

Dude I have a Slinky and a Rubik's cube on my wishlist...

It's the thought that counts, not the pricetag!

No, I definitely get that. I kept it pretty simple when I participated before. It's just that most of my jobs have been pretty transient, and I'm used to the end of the year being really bad for work. I wouldn't have even been able to cover what Sara paid in shipping this year. I already made the mistake of signing up for a forum battle when I knew I was going to be between places to live one year. Not gonna deadbeat a Satan.

I'm definitely of the opinion that if you're not sure you'll be able to afford sending something, especially taking possible international shipping into account, you're better off not signing up.

But also if you're not signing up for purely financial reasons, you should sign up for secret saints!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Just did our office Secret Timmy exchange. I was gifted:

1 bag big league chew, 1 iron man pez dispenser, 1 bag of chocolate covered pretzels, 1 harley davidson motorcycle calendar, 1 eye spy weird thingy, 1 magic trick, 1 book of magic tricks (with wand!), Enter the Dragon on DVD, AND....AAAANNND....a Justin Beiber poster.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    well you got something to put all that big league after you chew it

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Mwahahahaha

I just did a thing.

Mwahahahaha

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Ahoy wrote: »
    So apparently Robot Santa doesn't care if you're the world's most regular poster or some sorta shifty lurker!

It seems appropriate that Butters should slip away though...

Well, to be fair...

Well he sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina,
    He's a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize,
    He'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China,
    Tell me where in the world is Butters Sandiego?

Hunter on
  • Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    Mwahahahaha

I just did a thing.

Mwahahahaha

Did you upper deck the toilet at work?

• Options
    Hunter wrote: »
    Mwahahahaha

I just did a thing.

Mwahahahaha

I...I don't want to know what that means.

But I am 100% sure that is not what I am referring to.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Broke the mind of a particularly dumb student

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Just did our office Secret Timmy exchange. I was gifted:

1 bag big league chew, 1 iron man pez dispenser, 1 bag of chocolate covered pretzels, 1 harley davidson motorcycle calendar, 1 eye spy weird thingy, 1 magic trick, 1 book of magic tricks (with wand!), Enter the Dragon on DVD, AND....AAAANNND....a Justin Beiber poster.

Oh man, chocolate covered pretzels. I used to eat so many of them in secondary school. I think they were called Flipz or something. But I haven't seen any for years and years.

I found a wee stall at the market in town which sells American foodstuffs last week, and I searched with some excitement, but alas there were none.

• Options
    Mwahahahaha

I just did a thing.

Mwahahahaha

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=upper deck

• Options
    Mwahahahaha

I just did a thing.

Mwahahahaha

That is so gross.

Stop being so gross people.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm rarely disappointed by urban dictionary

• Options
    Mwahahahaha

I just did a thing.

Mwahahahaha

That is so gross.

Stop being so gross people.

I could have went with blumpkin.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blumpkin

or worse...like the rusty trombone
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rusty trombone

• Options
    Hunter.

No.

Bad.

• Options
    Hot Carl?

Angry Dragon?

Alabama Hot Pocket?

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    usps is telling me that the packages have arrived 2 days ago... kinda worried now hmmmmm

• Options
    @Hunter don't you dare ever hot carl me.

• Options
    Hot Carl?

Angry Dragon?

Alabama Hot Pocket?

No.

Bad Hunter. Very bad.

• Options
    @Hunter don't you dare ever hot carl me.

How about an Alabama Hot Pocket then?

• Options
    Hot Carl?

Angry Dragon?

Alabama Hot Pocket?

The Alabama Hot Pocket's got nothing on the Alabama Crab Dangle

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Here comes the Funcooker

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I always enjoyed the idea of the Glass Bottom Boat

• Options
    Ugh.

Everything is ruined forever.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Alaskan Pipeline or bust

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Everybody shut up! Sorry, that was rude, but aaah, I got another box!

YvbUe.jpg

And it came from fricking miles away. How exciting!

MdobC.jpg
    The box came with complementary bubble-wrap. Amazing! I already know I will get at least an hours entertainment from this box.

iZbZ1.jpg

Oh my gosh so many things! And in absolutely lovely wrapping paper. Seriously it's so nice and textured and fancy.

Njqc5.jpg

I got stickers! Of a bird who apparently works as a postman, and a tiger who is just nuts possibly as a result of smoking opium?? And some trees. So cool.

onPZy.jpg

The smallest wrapped thing was a neat embroidered spider badge. I can only assume the skull and crossbones is a warning that it is highly venomous, so I handled it with great care.

a4pyv.jpg

What's next? Keyboard paper? Wow I always wanted... uh... what the hell is keyboard paper? Apparently it's note paper you insert into your keyboard so there is NO WAY you're not noticing those notes when you go to do computer stuff. I can't claim to understand it but it's adorable and I'd love it just for the slogan on the packet - "Goodbye dark circle - hello raccoon!" What? Who knows! Koreans!

0A806.jpg

Next is a CD of classical music tracks which is awesome, because I love classical but I never buy any because I don't know anything about it.

P2I1f.jpg

Aaaaand socks. With aliens on. This is pretty dang convenient because I destroy socks and never have enough. I have actually asked my parents to get me some socks for christmas, but I know they won't get me any with aliens on!

e4QOG.jpg

And finally the biggest thing. Hard to make look exciting in a photo but it is a beautiful sketchbook and oh my god do I love new sketchbooks I rubbed my face all over this when I unwrapped it.

WTiEF.jpg

And on top of all that I got a card with some cool Korean art and a Korean recipe on the back which is awesome and i will definitely be trying it out asap. Getting hold of the required flower buds will be interesting I think.

8zVQm.jpg
    FyDsl.jpg

Thank you so much @Lost Salient! You are really, really good at picking gifts, these are all wonderful. Sooo happy with all the crazy Koreanness.

And the note in the card said I'm getting a third package as well and I just cannot deal, I am overwhelmed, thank you again!

This discussion has been closed.