As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great and Wonderful PAX SECRET BOBCAT GIFT EXCHANGE 2012 Edition EXTENDED TO NOV 18th

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Ok, so i know i'm a little late getting my package out. But sheesh it was hard to cram that bobcat into a fedex box. He was PISSED! So enjoy giftee! ;)

Also, on the receiving end, my gift is reported as a two part-er and half was delivered (and its wicked sweet!). I'll post pics when part two gets here. But i will say that my Dec has been kinda crappy cause of work and this gift made me go from :( to :D instantly! :D <-see

edit: i panicked a little at the fedex store and forgot to mark the box as gift exchange or PAX or bobcat or anything. I am fail. But there is a card that says from JimmyWild in it. So at least there is that. Sent it fedex 2 day, should arrive on Wed i spose. I'll check tracking tomorrow to confirm.

JimmyWild on
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Just got home and found my bobcat!
    20121210_175207.jpg

There were a lot of packages!
    20121210_175345.jpg
    20121210_175309.jpg
    20121210_175237.jpg

What a great present, it will get a LOT of use this holiday season!
    20121210_175404.jpg

Thanks a TON to Nullzone, truly awesome opening all the packages, and it fits perfectly into my collection! I'll find you at PAX to get that d20 and thank you in person!

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Glad you like it! 7 Wonders is one of my favorite games and in my experience is always enhanced with the inclusion of the expansions, so I had to get the set :D

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Because I am a lazy ass, I have to report that my package has been sent out today. Also because of the previously mentioned reason, I brilliantly forgot to add packing insulation to my box. To my giftee who should be getting the box sometime next week or so the post office assures me, I will be hoping that the bobcat within will arrive intact and alive and not be a thin slurry splattered against the sides of the box. If this is not the case, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to ship you a replacement.

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Bobcat on the move. It's a Chinese bobcat, so it might actually be a tiger.

T12WO5XhRsXXa74xk2_044308.jpg_310x310.jpg

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Whatever it is, it is REALLY damn excited about heading someone's way. Look at that face and be afraid?

• draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So a we missed you tag was left today... so i gotta go pick something up tommorow... maybe my Bobcat? I will update when i confirm if thats what it is

draklan on
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    When I came home from work this afternoon, a much anticipated parcel was waiting on my doorstep! I opened the box to discover:
    2012_12_12_13_18_10_154.jpg

The joy! The rapture!

Until I opened the card:
    2012_12_12_13_18_24_236.jpg

So, Frugus, I shall wait as instructed. And I will post again when I receive the second part of the Bobcat.

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    So my post office is silly and apparently decided I wasn't home the other day (when I, in fact, was). Supposefdly a note was left for to pick up a box at the post office, but I've yet to see this note. Luckily, Zerzhul played messenger monkey and clued me in to this.

Presents! Bobcats!
    Picture001.jpg
    Funny story, I won that game in a raffle last weekend. My bf wants his own copy though, so now I have a Christmas present for him. Hooray!
    And I get to learn about cooking for myself. Because I'm terrible at it.
    Picture002.jpg
    And packing material to pop! (Which was slightly more exciting when I misread it as "full-air extreme."

Thanks Kropotkin! :D

I'm so glad you got the Bobcat gifts, I was quite worried when they didn't arrive!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    but... but what if they suffocate?

zerzhul wrote: »

If you're asking about the bobcat that I'm waiting to open, I am just going to have to trust that Frugus put a sufficient number of air holes in the box prior to shipping.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    edited December 2012
    BOBCAT GET!

I come home to find a box at my doorstep. (Sidenote: This year has been particularly fun as I get the added mystery of not knowing which Secret Santa the box came from :P)
    Y3gz5.jpg

SWEET a telephony router! ...wait, that can't be right...
    2WaFB.jpg

...oh. OHHHH.
    jUGG6.jpg

Thank you so much, @JimmyWild! It's all awesome, I couldn't have asked for better. And the QC book is signed! That's amazing that you ran into Jeph when you bought it :D

Nullzone on
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    DashD wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »

If you're asking about the bobcat that I'm waiting to open, I am just going to have to trust that Frugus put a sufficient number of air holes in the box prior to shipping.

Oh no no no...

No one worry.

I made sure everything was sealed tight to preserve freshness.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    All right! Glad you got it @Nullzone :D

I was looking all over for the right size box and couldn't find one. Then at work, i saw a pile of router boxes. And that one was just about perfect. lol

But yeah, it was complete chance that i ran into Dragon's Lair when i did and saw they had a few artists signing books. Wasn't on your list, but thought was pretty cool! :D

My bobcats should have arrived to my bobcat-ee today. Tracking says they were delivered.... Hopefully they're not getting surly while in the packaging.

• draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    I'm still currently thinking the most amazing gift I've seen has been the Squirrel underpants. Cuz... Well that was so just insanely awesome. It's always fun to see what people choose.

The confusion continues!! Turns out the scotch glass WAS from the OTHER gift exchange, and I have received NO bobcats thus far. The world is topsy turvy!

Bah the sorry I missed you tag was for a watch I'd ordered quite some time ago and thought I'd never see. So bonus that I got my watch but still no Sign of a Bobcat.

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    The bobcats move in truly mysterious ways. I found this just sitting in the living room...
    DSCN1860.jpg

I wonder what's inside it?...Oooh boxes!
    DSCN1865.jpg

But wait, surely boxes contain things right?
    DSCN1873.jpg
    DSCN1874.jpg
    DSCN1875.jpg

But wait, there were three presents and four boxes... I wonder what's in..
    DSCN1880.jpg

Praise be to the Cardboard Tube! A messenger!

Thank you, thank you, thank you @Zerzhul! These are truly awesome gifts that you got me. I'll enjoy each any everyone of them to bits. I had to admit I wasn't expecting the bobcat, but it made the smile on my face grow to ridiculous proportions. Just look! :D

OMG the drama of trying to post a picture somewhere to put in this response! lol anyway. So got my second part of my gift. It's about as cool a gift as humanly possible. I literally said, involuntarily, "oh my %^&*ing god" out loud when i saw it. Like, i'm in shock from the awesomeness! I'm going to have to try not to wear the shirt every day lol. And I'll proudly display the Rebel Alliance in my room!
    20121213_094849.jpg

So thank you Lady Lilybell (I think it's from you i couldn't exactly read the card, but i think it says 'Lils' :D)

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Yes, JimmyWild, you were my giftee. I had to make you the picture after I saw one of your twitter posts. Since you express a deep love for Genesis, you needed a tee.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Came home from a very rough day at work to find 2 boxes from Amazon waiting for me. My bobcat has arrived! I will post pictures later when I have time to remember how to do it, but thank you very much Cynthetic they were awesome!

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    I received a package today! But as I also partake in SE++'s Secret Satan, I could not be sure who it was from, Bobcat or Satan. Only when I opened it did I learn the truth.
    axAuNl.jpg
    dIGjRl.jpg
    jve3ol.jpg
    Herm...these appear to be record shaped. I only know this because Satan gave me on last night. But I asked for a number of records, which ones could these possibly be?!
    6BeAvl.jpg
    Oh my! Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"; arguably one of his best albums and my personal favorite. But what is record number two!?!?!
    0aMjhl.jpg
    yMw4cl.jpg

OHMYFUCKINGGOD!! YOU GOT ME DETHALBUM III ON VINYL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qxeC-QOsM

That is my response to that!!! I got to see these guys live in concert twice; most brutal fucking show on the face of the goddamned earth!

Yoshamano, you fucking rock, you magnificent son of a Bobcat!

6rceun58332p.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, you are so precious to me.
    Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, what is inside that we can see?
    Bobcat127.jpg
    Why, a bag full of Princesses and a Missy Piggy. Could this be all for me?

Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, filled with goodies inside.
    Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, what else is there that you should not hide?
    Bobcat124.jpg
    A sequel to Catan and a lip-gloss/necklace set. Why, even girls need to be pretty while trying to win all that is kept.

Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, you are going to make me smile.
    Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, what contents are worth my while?
    Bobcat123.jpg
    Beautiful dish hand towel and handkerchief all done handmade. A candy cane ornament--to represent the Bay Area--and COFFEE to not let my sanity fade.

Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, what a lovely little treat.
    Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, what is within that I could eat?
    Bobcat122.jpg
    Cookies, mini panettone and Jewish coins with some to spare. Why, even Santa knows that CHOCOLATE ALCOHOL BALLS fill the air.

Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, you are so brown and fat.
    Box, Box, oh beautiful Box, is...is that a bobcat!?!?
    Bobcat121.jpg
    No. Not a bobcat, but music to give to the ears. A CD of selections from Spotify to keep me happy for a year.

Thank you to Rogue_Hunter for making this Northern California girl get out of a funk. Now, to find out if those chocolate balls can get me drunk!
    Bobcat125.jpg

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited December 2012
    So arriving at home I am greeted by 2 mysterious boxes. I don my lucky cap and an old man in a cave grants me a weapon to defeat the evil packing tape
    Opening_zps402ae184.jpg

Sitting on top I discover
    PrinceofPersia_zpsb7a8d4d3.jpgPrince of Persia I Wii game I have been meaning to play since I saw it at PAX East. Sweet.

Also inside were several wrapped packages with cards. After reading the card I realize I stumbled upon a puzzle! The packages must be put into the proper order for the clues to make any sense at all!
    Organinzing_zps698fd5b6.jpg

After carefully arranging them I open the first package and see...
    Pikmin2_zps8a30affc.jpgPikmin 2! A beloved series I have never played before

Moving on I find...
    BitTripComplete_zpsb1b15ba2.jpgBit Trip Complete. I almost bought this last week but decided against it. Phew.

Next I discover...
    DrawnTolife_zps3874d1e4.jpgDrawn To Life another on my list of meant to play games

As my thesaurus quickly empties I open...
    FortuneStreet_zpsbbffd643.jpg Fortune Street. As a Monopoly addict I have wanted this game since launch.

Heading into the home stretch I stumble upon...
    DeBlob_zps2449b2ae.jpgDe Blob. I actually own the sequel but never played it because I did not have the first.

The last package. What horrors could possibly await? A family reunion? Crowded elevator? NKOTB Reunion tour?
    MadDog_zps1ede102b.jpgMad Dog Mccree! A game I always wanted to try in the arcade but never could bring myself to spend the $2. Now I shall!

The Whole lot
    Allmybobcats_zps01425444.jpg

Thank you again Cynthetic, it was way more than I was expecting. You have given me more than enough games to last me until I can get a Wii U. I appreciate you trying to get a Virtual Boy too, I have been trying for years without much luck. One day. Also you gave me just enough points to reach Platinum Status on Club Nintendo for the year!

I have one more thing to pick up for my Santee and the package will be in the mail today. Should arrive pretty quickly.

pureval on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    Yay! I'm glad you liked them. Your wish list had so much awesome stuff on it, and I was like, "look at all these games. Games are the best." :D

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Taking a break at the 17th hour of what will be known as one of my more "memorable" days at work, I am greeted by a strange package...
    Bobcat%20003.jpg

Just what my brain has been begging for! A dose of (in)sanity from my fellow PAXians!

My brain essentially resets and my body forgets that it needs food, rest and all that jazz. It's Christmas.

But, business first. Or rather. SAFETY FIRST!
    Bobcat%20001.jpg

I get an actual factual bunch of life saving material - MY ZOMBIE PERPARDNESS KIT!!!!
    Bobcat%20002.jpg

I am sorry if I am in no state to express the gratitude that I am feeling right now. Trust me, this could not have arrived at a better time. I mean, just the snacks, I can't wait to go back at work just to make everyone jealous - and yes, I am bringing the Sonic Screwdriver and will be waving it at everything in sight :) The work load shall be reduced by 99 %

Thank you so much Kirindal! I LOVE IT!

Ps. By any chance, did we meet at international food exchange from the last PAX? Some of these items make me remember a certain someone someone. My apologies if I am mistaken.

Pps. OH, DID I MENTION HOW I ALWAYS WANTED A DOCTOR'S SONIC SCREWDRIVER? NO? SO HAPPPYY!

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    Yes, JimmyWild, you were my giftee. I had to make you the picture after I saw one of your twitter posts. Since you express a deep love for Genesis, you needed a tee.

Well thank you (once again). Very thoughtful and appreciated gifts! :D

edited December 2012
    My Bobcat showed up I will post pictures as soon as I charge the camera.

LOL ok and man I need pictures :)

draklan on
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    I received a package today! But as I also partake in SE++'s Secret Satan, I could not be sure who it was from, Bobcat or Satan. Only when I opened it did I learn the truth.

Yoshamano, you fucking rock, you magnificent son of a Bobcat!

:D I'm glad you like them, and that video seals the deal, lol.

pa_forums_sig.jpg
    edited December 2012
    When I checked the mail today I had a pleasant surprise waiting for me. My Bobcat gift had arrived. It even bore the sacred name.

a Bobcat smuggled across the Border? Achievement unlocked for someone.
    Alpha Cat investigates the new intruder
    Alpha Cat "Luke" demands the intruder surrender the box as Luke has dibs on all boxes in this house

With the intruder chased out of the Box Luke makes himself at home.
    Bobcat! (literally)
    Bob the Cat has a tummy ache it appears
    No Wonder there was a tummy ache

Bob the cat and his Litter?!? and hairball

Spcial thanks to LTAcosta for being an awesome Bobcat Gifter. I love it all and the Reese peanut butter cups are like my favorite treat so well done sir. very imaginative and awesome on so many levels.

draklan on
    Today was a most excellent day! I managed to pick up an extra 10 hrs at work and returned home to find a package waiting for me!
    2012_12_14_17_04_59_756.jpg

Huzzah! This means I am now allowed to open my bobcats!
    First, a letter:
    2012_12_14_17_05_22_340.jpg A very nice letter, too.

Then:
    2012_12_14_17_06_40_42.jpg A Cards Against Humanity sticker

Followed by:
    2012_12_14_17_06_29_820.jpg Two Star Wars mouse pads

And to complete the first package:
    2012_12_14_17_05_49_207.jpg"Prime Dust" (aka dice that were sent from PAX Prime to Frugus and then back to me)

And FINALLY! The box I have been waiting to open!
    2012_12_14_17_07_36_576.jpg Settlers of Catan, so that Monopoly and CAH will have a new friend to play with!

My new bobcats!
    2012_12_14_17_08_51_956.jpg

Thank you, Frugus, for the awesome gifts! Hopefully one day I will have the time and money to make it to East (although I am still a little bitter that it removed the one yearly excuse for all my college friends to come visit me :( ), and I do hope that one day you can make it out to Prime and gather some new Dust personally! Thank you, again, I love my bobcats!

PAX_Badge_Sig.png

seems like this has been a good year for bobcatting

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    draklan wrote: »
    No Wonder there was a tummy ache

Bob the cat and his Litter?!? and hairball

Spcial thanks to LTAcosta for being an awesome Bobcat Gifter. I love it all and the Reese peanut butter cups are like my favorite treat so well done sir. very imaginative and awesome on so many levels.

I'm glad you liked it! I always try to do something creative for this exchange. Last year, I hid the gift under coal. I was a little worried that you wouldn't notice stuff was inside, that's why I left some of the string sticking out, lol.

AN9buWz.png
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Got to use my gift for the first time this past Sunday, and wanted to share:
    20121216_145928_zps4693c8a3.jpg

Thanks again @Nullzone!

It's always funny to me to see the different ways people stack their cards in 7 Wonders...

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Someone should be on the lookout for a long box by Wednesday at the latest.

Warning! The bobcat will be angry for not having food for that long.

I should note it's coming from the US Postal Service folk.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Finally got my bobcat in the mail, should be there on Wednesday.

• DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    thank you sekrit bobcat for being an stand up dude...
    khJlc.jpg

you are an amazing human being and know that I had my entire office playing Zombie dice today and you have killed my offices productivity. If I am unemployed after the holidays you have only yourself to blame for being amazing.

Dangeresquetoo on
    I received my bobcat yesterday :) Will be taking pictures and posting about it tonight.