As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I seem to have received a mysterious parcel in the mail...

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    In the horrible event that my package to my Santee was lost in the mail, what process should I go through to prevent myself from being banned? Starting to get rather worried.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    In the horrible event that my package to my Santee was lost in the mail, what process should I go through to prevent myself from being banned? Starting to get rather worried.

You have any proof you sent it?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    A note to my Santa, the address I gave is my parents house.
    Get a proxy to drop me a note if you think it should have been delivered and I'll give them a call.

Yeah, my copy of the customs form with santees address and official post office stamp (Mailed Nov. 30th) and a receipt in the car. Is two weeks abnormal for shipping internationally within NA?

Sorry for the delay in my gift-get post, Santa! Having some stupid technical difficulties with my camera. I will get it up ASAP!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I GOT IMPATIENT! Santee, check your email!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited December 2012
    It's going to take a combination of devices, but I just may have a replacement for my SD card reader that took a crap on me at the most optimal of times...

edit: VICTORY

UEAKCrash on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular

Yeah, my copy of the customs form with santees address and official post office stamp (Mailed Nov. 30th) and a receipt in the car. Is two weeks abnormal for shipping internationally within NA?

It depends on the method of shipping. My gut reaction is "No", because I've traded board games across NA numerous times, and it's almost always arrived a week later (sending and receiving). Of course, I compare that to when I place orders for small game pieces like heroclix, and those always take 2-3 weeks to arrive, even though it looks like they use standard parcel post.

You shouldn't feel overly concerned yet. There's certainly an array of possibilities. Besides, you seem to have your bases covered if the worst does happen, so let it play out. You've made a case that you're on top of being a good Santa. ;)

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I did, redfield85, I did!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited December 2012
    Giftget.gif

A mysterious package was wedged in between my front doors when I got home from work today!
    1.JPG
    A foreign package is placed upon our floor, and our new kitten (he's only 4 months old!) Krieger Sandvich was the first to investigate.

2.JPG
    Then the black-hole herself, Yoshimitsu Capoeira, returning for her 4th duty as postal inspector.

3.JPG
    Then finally Nibbler Genasi for his 2nd tour of duty.

4.JPG
    Yoshi decides to test the structural integrity of the package, immediately bowing the box under her immense weight.

5.JPG
    Nibbler conveniently finds something else to do in the house briefly, and allows his younger brother and older sister to take the brunt of any potential explosives.

6.JPG
    Aw yeeah! Got me some weapons to annoy my wife with! I've been meaning to delve into the world of Nerf a bit, so this is was a good guess! Santa implies a possible erotic usage of these in his letter and Mrs. UEAKCrash questions his motives. Sandvich on the other hand immediately spots neat orange things that he's going to hide under the couch as soon as they are loose.

7.JPG
    TF2 hats! The physical kind! Santa mentions that these would be excellent for use in my state (Michigan) to keep my scalp warm. As someone who tends to have less hair on his head than most, hats are always appreciated! Are these hand made? They sure look like it! Nibblet quickly investigates the fabric for any foreign smells and subtly scopes out any potential suckling surfaces (he's a big baby.)

8.JPG
    The cat-swarm has the sudden realization that there is loose crunchy things behind the food-dispenser and poop-scooper who is currently holding the bright flashy thing.

9.JPG
    Woo! First season of Community. I have seen so many references to this show and have been meaning to check it out sometime. Again, good guess Santa, I haven't seen a single episode of this! Funny use of the class-heads too! Where's scoot though?!

10.JPG
    What's this now? I opened everything and then read the note so I was a bit confused about this one at first. The note explains that Santa has always been a little bit jealous of the awesome Santas who make their gifts every year. He said that this year is different! Apparently inside this book is one of his own stories, which is super-cool. I haven't dug through to find it yet, but I'm very excited to check it out. Looks like an interesting book! Very neat present!

11.JPG
    The whole haul. Sniffed by the Niblord.

12.JPG
    KritzKrieger noms upon the crunchies while Yoshimitsurugi stands guard.

13.JPG
    "What the hell did you say about my weight earlier?"

Thanks a ton, @noir_blood !! Very cool giftage! My wife has already given me a dirty look over the devilish grin I had when I opened the Nerf guns! Merry Christmas!

Bonus picture:
    14.JPG
    Yoshi is really bad at staying still for pictures sometimes.

UEAKCrash on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Earlier today, in the Steam thread I responded to a post about how everybody should buy FTL with a post about how I'm broke (which I am). SANTA HEARD
    I heard you were broke... and, therefore, could not procure a certain Rogue-like space ship experience.

This is not to be allowed, not at this time of year!

Merry Christmas!

Your G&T Secret Santa
    ftllog-100004556-large.jpg

I was just gifted FTL. Holy shit.

WHO ARE YOU SANTA? WHO ARE YOU?????????

Oh, Santee, once you check your email and get your first set of goodness, you will know who I am. If you don't want to be spoiled on what I am making for you, do not check out my Twitter tonight. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and take a peek and see how bad I am at drawing. Oops, said too much. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

Not super-abnormal, no. It usually takes 1-2 weeks for something sent via normal mail to get here (Canada) from the USA, but it can take longer if Customs decides to lose it for a week or two or if it's the holiday season or something. ;)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    So, this isn't exactly a Secret Santa GIFTGET, but I did get a gift from a Secret Santa. He's not mine, but @Big Isy sideswiped me with a gift. I don't know. Maybe he's not content with just one Santee. The man's a generosity machine. How generous, you ask?

I'll tell you.

Not content to merely ravage my Steam wishlist or anything so mundane, he has branched out. The mail just came, and apparently the crazy classbastard tracked down my REI wishlist and bought me...

Cloud2go%20Dec%2014,%202012,%205:38%20PM.png

A $75 Gerber knife.

I'm kind of speechless, Isy.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    He wears the classiest of monocles.

Santee,
    I always think I'm almost done, but then I remember that I shall be undertaking...embellishments.
    But the cape is going to be complete tonight! That's right, there is going to be a cape!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited December 2012
    Give @Big Isy's hunting motif in the steam thread, I think he's just declared you the Most Dangerous Game and given you something to defend yourself with to make it more interesting.

SniperGuy on
    edited December 2012
    You know what's fun? Going back and reading all of your Santa's old posts about you.

Santee: Sup bro.

UEAKCrash on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Give @Big Isy's hunting motif in the steam thread, I think he's just declared you the Most Dangerous Game and given you something to defend yourself with to make it more interesting.

Oh my. =[

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Next time I'm in Vermont I'll make sure to do that. The funny thing is the price different between Xenoblade on Amazon and GameStop. New @ GameStop $50. New on Amazon (from third party sellers) $150. The sad part is they are probably selling them too.

It is only available new through GameStop or Nintendo's site. The people selling on Amazon are just trying to see if people will bite at the price.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Sorry LPM, this Santa is mine. All mine.

All. Mine.

Giftget.gif
    So, I saw Redfield's post at work, shortly afterwards I saw two steam gifts pop into my email account. Of course, it being a work computer and all, the boss would likely get annoyed if she caught me installing games on it. But I'm home now, so it's time for the Gift Get post that Red's been waiting for.
    Unfortunately, I find myself completely lacking in cute animals that I could pose on my keyboard at the moment, so, straight to the inbox for screenshots.
    But first: Christmas Clippy is still in my photobucket, let's bring him out again.
    Clippy-gift.png
    1_zpsa3a18eff.gif

And the emails themselves, text is highlighted because it's hard to read dark grey on light grey text.
    First up, The Walking Dead.
    2_zpsdb2010c5.gif
    Clearly, an attempt to ready me for the coming Mayapocalypse. I'm sure the information I get from this game will be instrumental in assuring that my horrible mutilation and or zombification takes place slightly later in the day. I may even make it to 10:00, 10:30 in the morning.

Next up, the Hero Academy Gold Pack.
    3_zpsca3758ae.gif
    I've never heard of this one, but from a few minutes of research, it looks like a further attempt to insure my existence in the post apocalyptic hellscape that is surely our future. Perhaps, with the tactical acumen I'll acquire while mastering this game I'll be able to survive until 11:30. Maybe even Noon.
    Oh, Santee, once you check your email and get your first set of goodness, you will know who I am. If you don't want to be spoiled on what I am making for you, do not check out my Twitter tonight. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and take a peek and see how bad I am at drawing. Oops, said too much. ;)
    No worries about spoiling a surprise there Redfield. Never got into twitter.
    Many thanks @redfield85

see317 on
    Bonus picture of my cat Krieger, when he was a bit younger:
    PAXCat.JPG

• never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to get concerned.. I sent gifts, one is showing as delivered but I haven't heard anything yet. It says delivered on the 10th. Hmm...

see317 wrote: »
    Sorry LPM, this Santa is mine. All mine.

All. Mine.

Giftget.gif
    So, I saw Redfield's post at work, shortly afterwards I saw two steam gifts pop into my email account. Of course, it being a work computer and all, the boss would likely get annoyed if she caught me installing games on it. But I'm home now, so it's time for the Gift Get post that Red's been waiting for.
    Unfortunately, I find myself completely lacking in cute animals that I could pose on my keyboard at the moment, so, straight to the inbox for screenshots.
    But first: Christmas Clippy is still in my photobucket, let's bring him out again.
    Clippy-gift.png
    1_zpsa3a18eff.gif

And the emails themselves, text is highlighted because it's hard to read dark grey on light grey text.
    First up, The Walking Dead.
    2_zpsdb2010c5.gif
    Clearly, an attempt to ready me for the coming Mayapocalypse. I'm sure the information I get from this game will be instrumental in assuring that my horrible mutilation and or zombification takes place slightly later in the day. I may even make it to 10:00, 10:30 in the morning.

Next up, the Hero Academy Gold Pack.
    3_zpsca3758ae.gif
    I've never heard of this one, but from a few minutes of research, it looks like a further attempt to insure my existence in the post apocalyptic hellscape that is surely our future. Perhaps, with the tactical acumen I'll acquire while mastering this game I'll be able to survive until 11:30. Maybe even Noon.
    No worries about spoiling a surprise there Redfield. Never got into twitter.
    Many thanks @redfield85

Whether you love or hate zombie stuff, The Walking Dead game is absolutely amazing. You will grow to love the characters and will tear up a few times throughout (if you don't you are a monster!). Plus, it has been said by many (myself included) to be their game of the year. To be honest, I am really surprised it hasn't been gifted more in this thread (although I admit to skipping pages in this thread so I might have missed it).

Hero Academy started on the iOS and moved to Steam. You can play cross-platform, which is pretty cool. I guess you could call it a turn-based strategy game. You get 5 action points per turn where you can place units, equip them, attack, etc. You win by either destroying all the enemy crystals or they run out of reinforcements. You should have all the teams available from the pack I bought, so hopefully you can find one that you really like.

I am shipping a box of goodies to you tomorrow, so it should be there next week sometime (I will make sure of it). And I am also working on something else which might get there the following week. Hopefully I don't screw it up. Haha. Happy Holidays!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Phew, it wasn't me! Zombies really, really scare me!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'll be mailing my stuff out sometime soon. I had to buy some different stuff because my santee went and got them something and messed up my gift theme-age, so I just went another route and picked up some other stuff. (And kept what I originally bought. Puh.)

Still think its good stuff though. Just gotta box it and send it. Woo. Glad to have that out of the way.

steam_sig.png
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Woooo! I'm glad my gifts came to you safe and sound @ueakcrash! I hope you and your wife have an great Christmas and enjoy Community.

Oh, and the hats are handmade, but not by me. Got them from etsy.

Now it's my turn, for....

Giftget.gif
    Before getting this package today, my Santa had already gifted me twice with ebooks:

The-Stupidest-Angel-928613.jpg

The Stupidest Angel is awesome. The only other book I read of Moore is Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, in which Raziel has a small role, so it was cool seeing him again.

51LTTMTaVRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

This one I'll probably get to afterwards.

5EF15C1E-D7A7-40AF-A939-D98F4B883EFF-1333-000002B8DC8AF8E2.jpg

Now a wild box appeared!

D2DC7C89-192D-431A-93C4-5A31FB81E66C-1333-000002B8F37641D1.jpg

This is a job for the CHRISTMAS AVENGERS

E049A3A7-D2FC-49AB-AF32-31101AE6D2D9-1333-000002B9056B3733.jpg

The two heavy hitters start off by investigating the box....

F64AA588-BE97-4389-828F-6B434BA183D5-1333-000002B918E8DCEE.jpg

Oh no! The goodwill and cheer was simply too much for them!

5DF6F38E-6AE3-4413-8185-7C6A9A51CDE5-1333-000002B9224B213C.jpg

Captain America decides to take one of the presents head on! Will he reveal what's underneath the colorful masking?

6E3EFD4E-5333-4731-8662-47C3F5E46803-1333-000002B92B12078D.jpg

YES This is awesome, as I been meaning to play this game, and didn't get to. Oh man, I can't wait to do start inhabiting some steampunk era bodies. But wait, what about the other box?

C792BBAB-F130-4B5B-A5E2-6937C8EB71EC-1333-000002B936701E7F.jpg

Ironman, Iron Fist and Dr. Strange step up to the plate and give it their all!

78FFD254-3EA2-4A73-A522-16586F35776B-1333-000002B94167CD3A.jpg

Holy eff! It's GAME OF THRONES SEASON ONE This is incredibly generous Santa! Despite having HBO, I never got around to seeing the show(though I've read the books), so you can bet I'll be dipping into this during the Christmas Break. In fact, this gift was so great that as you can all see, our superheroes could do nothing else but bow down to it. Is this the end for our Marvelous heroes?

AFB865A5-EDFF-40EC-9D35-5B53512CB3E2-1333-000002B94980CE21.jpg

NO Super Awesome and totally stud DEADPOOL arrives to the scene, armed to the hilt! This will clearly be the battle of the century! Wait..Deadpool seems to be getting distracted...

3020BFD9-FDAC-44C1-B44F-64234E6D788D-1333-000002B95C7593C3.jpg

Oh Deadpool!

1A00100C-C410-4443-98C1-50DA183E7828-1333-000002B9626FCC94.jpg

The gifts again.

My Santa, despite knowing my hatred of puzzles, still had me decipher his name. Using my supreme skills, and okay, a pretty generous set of hints, I have determined that @figd is my Santa! Thank you so much!

noir_blood on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    So, this isn't exactly a Secret Santa GIFTGET, but I did get a gift from a Secret Santa. He's not mine, but @Big Isy sideswiped me with a gift. I don't know. Maybe he's not content with just one Santee. The man's a generosity machine. How generous, you ask?

I'll tell you.

Not content to merely ravage my Steam wishlist or anything so mundane, he has branched out. The mail just came, and apparently the crazy classbastard tracked down my REI wishlist and bought me...

A $75 Gerber knife.

$75?! What makes that knife $75?! It's a nice looking knife, don't get me wrong, but wow. I've got a Gerber multi-tool but it was only $30.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Well, obviously, it's because it's 06 F.A.S.T.

You gotta pay for speed, mate.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That is incredibly classy Isy. Very, very classy.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    @noir_blood i like you because you know how awesome iron fist is.

• PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    Hodgkins, IL, United States 12/13/2012 8:31 P.M. Departure Scan

12/13/2012 10:15 A.M. Arrival Scan

Indianapolis, IN, United States 12/13/2012 7:52 A.M. Departure Scan

12/13/2012 7:01 A.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 12/13/2012 4:30 A.M. Departure Scan

12/13/2012 2:34 A.M. Arrival Scan

Knoxville, TN, United States 12/12/2012 10:03 P.M. Departure Scan

12/12/2012 6:43 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/12/2012 6:38 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    It is getting closer santee...

I'll tell you.

A $75 Gerber knife.

$75?! What makes that knife $75?! It's a nice looking knife, don't get me wrong, but wow. I've got a Gerber multi-tool but it was only $30.

Oh man. It's a nice knife, with a quality blade and a slick opening mechanism. I've absolutely paid more for a knife. It's just like any other collection, I suppose.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Santee, I was sad to hear that I didn't get a job I was psyched about today. But I channeled everything into finishing your package and will send it out tomorrow. and if part of it breaks and liquid ruins the entire box... Merry christmas!

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular

I'll tell you.

A $75 Gerber knife.

It's tactical, man. You could get a red dot sight on that baby, maybe a flashlight. You'll be knifing people so accurately, they won't know what hit 'em.

It'll go great with your coffee.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PuCtZC9S9hc

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @see317 My wife made those brownies you sent me and they are delicious. Thanks again for everything!

Steam: offday
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Top Secret gossip: @Big Isy would have sent @minor incident a PSVita if he didn't have one already.

e: update for santa: The Elements of Style has failed me, it wasn't powerful enough to boost my english and thus I ended up missing the A- grade by twelve hundredth of a point.

I am sorry, Santa.
    You know you're taking university way too seriously when having a B+ and being way above the class average is seen as a failure.

Dac Vin on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Top Secret gossip: @Big Isy would have sent @minor incident a PSVita if he didn't have one already.

Thanks for the help, Santa!

Edit: Yeah I was a little annoyed he already had the Vita but it worked out for the best with the Steam thread shenanigans popping up outta nowhere.

Big Classy on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Pemulis wrote: »
    Hodgkins, IL, United States 12/13/2012 8:31 P.M. Departure Scan

12/13/2012 10:15 A.M. Arrival Scan

Indianapolis, IN, United States 12/13/2012 7:52 A.M. Departure Scan

12/13/2012 7:01 A.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 12/13/2012 4:30 A.M. Departure Scan

12/13/2012 2:34 A.M. Arrival Scan

Knoxville, TN, United States 12/12/2012 10:03 P.M. Departure Scan

12/12/2012 6:43 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/12/2012 6:38 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    It is getting closer santee...

You tricked me when I saw my town on this list haha.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    A message from Proxy? Huzzah! My gift is nearly here! ANTICIPATION ... KILLING ME

cs6f034fsffl.jpg