As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, Santa. I mean... I'm speechless.

Photos to come in the morning. I still don't really know what to say. You're fantastic!

I think maybe RisenPhoenix has died of excitement.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    the long awaited (by me) second package from my awesome santa @mere_immortal arrived today!

Giftget.gif

2012-12-17162532_zpsbcd81440.jpg
    A box from England!

2012-12-17162614_zps1f366f8e.jpg
    An envelope and a bunch of packaging material!

2012-12-17162659_zps3c14d8f1.jpg
    A card, in which mere_immortal laments previous santas not sending me enough candy!

2012-12-17162817_zpsd8a4f321.jpg
    An awesome book of traditional recipes from where mere_immortal is from! I can't wait to try some of these out.

2012-12-17162921_zps05661a5d.jpg
    Flying Saucers! Don't know what these are, but I look forward to cracking them open and finding out.

2012-12-17163003_zpsef4e7fa7.jpg
    An assortment of tantalizing retro sweets. Also some Michael Bay Transformers candy, which seems... less retro.

2012-12-17163035_zps66091ee8.jpg
    CANDY SHRIMP! Man just look at these fucking things. I LOVE THIS CANDY.

2012-12-17163102_zps62d1927d.jpg
    Chewing Nuts! Judging by the weight of this bag I expect great things.

2012-12-17163148_zps120e1b91.jpg
    Stingers and Refreshers! I tried a couple of these and they are real tasty. Laffy Taffyesque.

2012-12-17163323_zpseb516930.jpg
    Cadbury Fudge! I already ate two of these 0_0

2012-12-17163415_zps58cea915.jpg
    Wham Tongue Tingling Chew Bar! Do they have pop rocks in them? Have to try some and find out.

The Whole Shebang, including the stuff I received in the first package.
    2012-12-17164155_zpsca315023.jpg

Thanks a ton mere_immortal! You buried me in holiday cheer and cool stuff! I'll have to remember to blame you next time I go to the dentist ;)

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I used to buy that stuff as a weekend treat walking home from school on fridays. A quarter of cola bottles, rhubarb custards etc.

Flying saucers are awesome, be prepared to eat most of them in one go because you'll find it hard to stop.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT! YOU GOT WHAM AND FLYING SAUCERS. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.

Seriously, no local places sell those tings here and the ones in the supermarkets contain Gelatine which is a big no :(

edit: @mere_immortal, where do you live? We should meet up. Bring sweets.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Wooo it arrived!

Hope you enjoy everything man, I still find the transformers candy sticks weird in that cube of sweets! Looks like you're blasting through Consider Phlebas too!

Have an awesome Christmas!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    I swear to God, I didn't even notice the books and games :lol:

• Options
    Big Isy wrote: »
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT! YOU GOT WHAM AND FLYING SAUCERS. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.

Seriously, no local places sell those tings here and the ones in the supermarkets contain Gelatine which is a big no :(

I am currently investigating the website I saw on the packets http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/index_test.php?gclid=CO2Fu-zDorQCFYXLtAodrVUAIQ

Rhubarb and custards yeahhh http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/best-rhubarb-custards-youve-ever-tasted-p-470.html

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012

edit: @mere_immortal, where do you live? We should meet up. Bring sweets.

From here http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/!

Which turns out is actually only about 5 mins from me : O

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Oh my god, I love you guys.

• Options
    OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK
    #THEY HAVE GELATINE FREE SWEETS. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I need to know.
    Those candy shrimp, are they actually shrimp flavored? I mean, it'd hardly be the weirdest edible that's been gifted, but it'd certainly be high on the list.

• Options
    I believe they were strawberry or raspberry.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I need to know.
    Those candy shrimp, are they actually shrimp flavored? I mean, it'd hardly be the weirdest edible that's been gifted, but it'd certainly be high on the list.

Hah that would be awesome but nope, kind of strawberry/raspberry flavoured.

They are however also amazing, it was difficult not to crack open that bag and go halves on em.

• Options
    I just want you to know, you killed me. All this sugar. I will have the greatest death. Also, its an hour away. Now I just need a car, some insurance and some fuel.

• Options
    candy update: flying saucers are so good. whoa.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    candy update: flying saucers are so good. whoa.

If jealousy could kill, I would be so, so very sorry.

• Options
    Now to set up my own sweet export company.

The plan worked perfectly.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    @see317 has escaped across international lines. Ending pursuit protocols. Suspect @Kanden may warrant additional investigation...

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I didn't even do anything.

• Options
    Uhoh, I think he's overloaded again!

I just ordered £30 worth of sweets. For myself. That is the first physical thing I bought myself since getting my first wage and only the second actual thing.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Package shipped and also got a proxy from my Santa saying the other part of my gift has shipped and should be here very soon after Xmas.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK
    #THEY HAVE GELATINE FREE SWEETS. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you don't mind me asking... am I remembering correctly that you are Muslim and hence no gelatin? If so do you know if every day marshmallows contain the type of it you're not supposed to have? We have a couple that comes to our house a lot and one night we tried to find a definite answer and while we searched the web the husband said fuck it and ate his weight in smores anyways. I always feel sort of bad because now they make us have them every time they visit despite us never getting a solid answer (they both love sweets). While they apparently don't care, if there is an alternative we should be buying I certainly would.

• Options
    There are some that don't have gelatine but they taste bad. Usually its best to find ones that have halal gelatine, thats what our local place sells.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Awesome thanks!

• Options
    candy update!

chewing nuts: chocolate covered caramel nuggets. kinda like sugar babies. incredibly tasty, possibly the worst thing you could even imagine for your teeth.

wham bar: no pop rocks, real tasty though. like a slightly gooier laffy taffy. i was mistaken before, these are seriously the worst fucking thing for your teeth.

chewits: like cola flavored starbursts. they taste almost exactly like pepsi. real tasty.

• Options
    CHEWITS TOO? oh man, you lucky sumbitch.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

I have been a bad santee, and not posted this as soon as I should have. Truly sorry, santa, just been a bit down due to some family issues of late. But the lovely gifts I've received will surely aid in my recovery!

The first that I received was an electronic gift card to the Cheesecake Factory, along with a fantastic yet vaguely disturbing YouTube video from my santa that I posted previously :lol: I do love me some cheesecake, but the wife does not, so this gets to be selfishly applied almost entirely to me, mwahahaha. Some of the cheesecake will go towards developing an appreciation for it in my son now, so that he doesn't grow up like his mother :P

Later I received a gift card through Fandango for one of the better movie theaters on our island. This will be used within the next 2 weeks so that the wife and I can go see The Hobbit on an IMAX screen along with the first 9 minutes of the new Star Trek film. And then used some more for a couple movies on my own when the little guy is in day care and the wife is at work. Probably followed by some delicious cheesecake.

Most recently I received a copy of Mark of the Ninja through Steam. I've heard nothing but great things about this game, and have been wanting to play it for quite a while.

I've also been promised some delicious UK chocolate goodies when possible, though I do hope santa takes his time on those given his wife's unfortunate new unemployment.

So thank you, thank you, thank you again Santa @Mr_Grinch Everything was very well chosen, and much appreciated. My best wishes for your wife's job search.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Hey Santa! I'm going to switch it up this year - when I receive my gift, I'll be posting video of the entire process!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hey Santa! I'm going to switch it up this year - when I receive my gift, I'll be posting video of the entire process!

And so ends to tradition of gift pictures with animals to videos of cute animals that just happen to have gifts in them.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    There are some that don't have gelatine but they taste bad. Usually its best to find ones that have halal gelatine, thats what our local place sells.

I had no idea Muslims had to avoid gelatine. Now I wish I had packed a bunch of the awesome vegan marshmallows that I use at the bakery into your care package.

Next time!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    candy update!

chewing nuts: chocolate covered caramel nuggets. kinda like sugar babies. incredibly tasty, possibly the worst thing you could even imagine for your teeth.

wham bar: no pop rocks, real tasty though. like a slightly gooier laffy taffy. i was mistaken before, these are seriously the worst fucking thing for your teeth.

chewits: like cola flavored starbursts. they taste almost exactly like pepsi. real tasty.

I always enjoy eating a wham bar by folding it up into a block then going at it that way.

Also I think there were some fruit salads in the cube, they're awesome!

• Options

I had no idea Muslims had to avoid gelatine. Now I wish I had packed a bunch of the awesome vegan marshmallows that I use at the bakery into your care package.

Next time!

This is actually why I love the core concept of your bakery! <3

• Options
    Fruit salads and blackjacks used to come together. I'm gonna break and order a bunch of these soon enough.

sig.gif
  • Options
    candy update!

I always enjoy eating a wham bar by folding it up into a block then going at it that way.

Also I think there were some fruit salads in the cube, they're awesome!

I shit you not, I lost a tooth into a Fruit salad sweet. Worth it.

• Options
    mere_immortal, my girlfriend wanted you to know that she wants to eat ALL the parma violets in the world.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Zuh!?! I now have something inbound from both UPS and FedEx and I don't know what either of them are! Santa, is that you?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    mere_immortal, my girlfriend wanted you to know that she wants to eat ALL the parma violets in the world.

People tend to be on either the Parma Violets or Fizzers side of things, gotta say I'm more of a Fizzers person.

However... http://www.amazon.com/Parma-Violets-Giant-pack-5/dp/B004THM8Q4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355790257&sr=8-1&keywords=parma+violets

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Sherbet dabs. Except now they're all health and safety nonsense and come excessively wrapped. and flying saucers. But only if you nibble the wafer edge off (in a Jacques Clouseau voice) and then stick them on the roof of your mouth til they've dissolved!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Mint wrote: »

Giftget.gif

Thanks so much @Mint for this barrage of awesome gifting! I can only assume you made the Wheatley and painting yourself, so when I say you're crafty, there's an awesome double-meaning. Crafty because you make awesome things and crafty because I still have no idea how some of my gifts were delivered in person and some were mailed O_o You crafty goose. Also, Kush is extremely weird about not eating stuff when he is outside of his tank, but when I put him back in, I gave him some of the treats and he DEVOURED them. He absolutely loves them, and wishes me to send on his thanks. And I thank you for including something for him, that was hella cool. I will post pics of when the Lego set is complete if ya like, but I will have to wait til my exams are done (Tuesday) before I get started :)

Please excuse me not taking pics of the actual unwrapping Santa @Mint, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a little kid when it comes to presents and ripping them open immediately. Plus my turtle is skittish and it would just be damn near impossible to set it all up LOL.

@never-ending-reign
    woot! I am glad you enjoyed your gifts!
    yeah I was happy ish with the painting I hope you enjoy it and the wheatly :)
    I am happy kush enjoys his treats too!! yeah!

Giving has to be the most fun with SS

@Mint Oh, Kush most definitely loves them. he was scavenging his tank for more after I'd already given a bunch. Also, I put together the Lego set last nite, will put up a pic later. It was so awesome to have Lego again. The Wheatley was a huge hit, my roommate and girlfriend both bugged right out over it. I have the painting mounted on my wall already. Did you knit and paint them yourself? Also, mojitos are the bomb, and it didn't last long :) As were those pretzel pieces, though I'm still a little perplexed by the Tim Hortons cup that came with it. Was it just to drink out of? I thought it was some sorta hint that was supposed to drive me crazy. And I have to know... HOW DID PART OF THE PACKAGE ARRIVE FROM A LOCAL DELIVERY?!?!? I MUST KNOW! Merry Christmas to you!

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to whatever turns up for me. Been such a poor couple of weeks between massive work load and illness I can't shift 100%.

On the plus side I break up for 2 weeks on Friday :)