As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Really sorry it took me so long to make a proper post, but better late than never right?

GiftGet4b.gif

Last Monday I got a package, and after opening it lo and behold...GIFTS! Cats naturally become curious

2012-12-10145733_zps8343e150.jpg

Ohhhh...a note!

2012-12-10145746_zpse7814b31.jpg

The first gift! I had actually been meaning to start this series, and after devouring this book I'm now hooked. Thanks a lot!

2012-12-10145819_zpsdf5759c6.jpg

Another book? I'm really feeling kinda gay now...timely though!

2012-12-10145849_zps4eb0546f.jpg

Well now I have someone to protect my stuff...

2012-12-10145918_zpsb42170b7.jpg

Oh no! He didn't come alone!

2012-12-10150001_zps1d00f3ba.jpg

Thanks a ton @JClast!

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif
    PA Santa sent me gift 10!
    KCKpZl.jpg
    Extremely relevant right now, Disaster Looms! The end of the world! Space travel! Colonization! Corruption! Bureaucracy!
    Z8WVdl.jpg
    Tens of tokens and dodads!
    lzOHIl.jpg

The internets inform me that it looks like this during play. I'm pretty excited about trying it out this weekend.

Thank you, Santa!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I was just thinking a lot of storm front as gifts this year. We should see what the most common gift is when we're done.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Oh man, I don't fuck around when it comes to bubble wrap. Forever bubblewrap.
    I use polystyrene insulating slabs now to pack my paintings - I've had a couple damaged in transit when just using bubble wrap, so I've given up on it. The slabs are light and I can cut them to fit each painting. None have been damaged since!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So I finally was able to get the gifts sent. I'm sorry santee: life with a new baby is crazy. To make up for it, I'll send some more stuff after xmas as well.

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    Hey @Madpoet. I just mailed an envelope today with a little something more for your gift (more of a gag gift), that just took forever to get here from Cafepress. Hopefully it gets to you since the envelope is a little lumpy and may be slightly over the 1/4 inch.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Home from foreign parts, jet lagged and confused. Secret Santa presents are here waiting for me!

Part 1 of 3 and part 3 of 3.

For now, planning to be patient and await part 2, but we'll see how long my will lasts.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Santa! Whoever you are (stay anonymous for now), you may be pleased to know that your gift has arrived. I have been informed by my lovely girlfriend that she has it, and has removed the customs form so I won't have any spoilers. So, I would traditionally wait until Christmas to open it, but since I'm away this year I shall try to do that tonight and make a Gift Get post before I disappear tomorrow.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

I got two boxes in the mail, both from Amazon, both containing neatly wrapped things, neither of which I was responsible for ordering. This can only mean that my anonymous Santa has struck again!
    001-8_zpsfecaae14.jpg
    The neatly wrapped gifts.
    002-6_zpsc93f2ac1.jpg
    I open the first note first, proclaiming that it's right to open it first, and that it contains a game.
    003-9_zps94ebf214.jpg
    Not just any game, but the PSP game Jeanne d'Arc!
    004-6_zps30983e6b.jpg
    The second gift note mentions a movie, one not on my Amazon wishlist, that ties into the game. What could it be?
    005-6_zpsf52a7691.jpg
    Classic Criterion Collection version of a silent film of Joan of Arc! Fun fact: this movie was lost until it was found in a Norwegian mental institution in 1981.

Thank you so much, still-anonymous Secret Santa!

• Options
    Aww yeah I got a box. Actually two boxes and a shipping envelope. One box is not Santa related though it is a very generous gift from @cardboard delusions to hopefully extend my wifi and make it not absolutely terrible for where I am in this house.

Anyway, gift receiving soon. After lunch. Btw, the big box looks like someone cut the tape. Those damn interstate domestic customs agents. If that's not a thing, the random shipping luck or foul play is suspect.

Anyway, excited. Will be back for gifts

• Options
    Part of my gift on the label is a, quote, '*Humble* Bonus' and then some codes. I assume these are Humble Indie Bundle codes, but I've no idea how or where to redeem them! They're not for Steam, and logging in to my Humble Indie account I can't see any useful links about activating products other than past purchases linked to my email.

Help?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Part of my gift on the label is a, quote, '*Humble* Bonus' and then some codes. I assume these are Humble Indie Bundle codes, but I've no idea how or where to redeem them! They're not for Steam, and logging in to my Humble Indie account I can't see any useful links about activating products other than past purchases linked to my email.

Help?

I believe its
    https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

, followed by your key, based on previous gifting.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    That did it! Cheers.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Sources say a thing may have showed up! Reports when I find sharp objects!

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    LESS THAN 13 HOURS! @Mr_Grinch, prepare yourself!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    LESS THAN 13 HOURS! @Mr_Grinch, prepare yourself!

I'm prepared.

(And scared.)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Hopefully I'll be too tired to have an anxiety attack :p

• Options
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Alright, now that I'm able to properly check this out let's do this thing!

Two packages showed up from santa. One of them looks suspiciously already opened.
    [img][/img]lS6wi.jpg

And since the cats won't come to the investigation, then the investigation must go to the cats
    [img][/img]O4tPc.jpg
    who appear uninterested. Oh well.

Inside! I find a note. It says "gift 2/3... well hopefully 2." I think that's 3 in the envelope over there. Also one wrapped package further wrapped in bubbles and a lot of room for it to roll around in. We have to talk about your handling of objects fragile enough to need bubble wrap. You live dangerous my friend.
    [img][/img]M9YbB.jpg

It seems oddly shaped.
    [img][/img]eySli.jpg
    but it's just odd enough for me. Troy & Abed and InitiateFailure in the morning! Secret Santa edition. A side comment for security, you really need to stop letting guys like me in here.

That just leaves the envelope. what could be in here sandwiched between cardboard sleeves to keep it flat?
    [img][/img]pPhWs.jpg
    It's art you bastards! You'd best show your appreciation. It's actually a great print design. I just need to find somewhere to put it... Or should I say, Somewhen.

On top of FTL, Fly'n and Hitman Absolution on steam previously, these are cool gifts and a cool santa who had to out himself to me early because of a shipping mistake, but still an awesome haul from someone who clearly stalked as far as my avatar :D

@Cornell002 is good people.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I was messaged on Monday that I had something coming to me via Priority Mail. I didn't have anything yesterday, so I'm hoping something will be awaiting my return home tonight (which will be later, because my wife and I are going out for dinner and neither of us can get home between work and foooood :().

Luckily, it's looking pretty dry out today (unlike Monday where I had a Priority package at the edge of my porch...half way into the bushes...soaking wet).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Hey cat, what's that thing you've got there? Is it for me? No I don't think it's food.
    ss01.jpg

Sorry..
    ss02.jpg

Other cat, you want in on this?
    ss03.jpg

Just me then
    ss04.jpg

PACKING CHIPS! Less tasty than regular chips, but less fattening too.
    ss05.jpg

A letter from Santa! Just in case you all want to know, Santa is real, and he posts here under the name Nitsua. He is also a boss of the highest calibre, so, bear that in mind.
    ss06.jpg

Snoopy guards the first gift..
    ss07.jpg

Frickety sweet! As I've been saying here, my girlfriend (taking the photos) and I are heading off for Christmas, and this looks ideal to take with us. Her family's huuge into board/card games, so this will be played. Dandy!
    ss08.jpg

Next up, Santa and a reindeer who just knows haters gonna hate.
    ss09.jpg

BOOM! Black Orchid! Had this on my wishlist since I read Arkham Asylum and fell in love with McKean's incredible artwork. It's great to have it!
    ss10.jpg

Action shot all up in yo' faces! This box was a weighty fella and no mistake. Let me just say, Nitsua (total boss) is an absolute star for going above-and-beyond the call of duty.
    ss11.jpg

KAPOW! ARKHAM HORROR! This was indeed a thing that I badly wanted and you totally delivered, my man! We've been planning a boardgame-laden Christmas and this might just have to be the centrepiece. Couldn't have timed it better.
    ss12.jpg

Group shot! Hey cat, you want to come see all this stuff I got that isn't food?
    ss13.jpg

... maybe.
    ss14.jpg

Thank you so very much Nitsua, you are a top notch Santa and a gentleman. Have your good self a merry Christmas!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    is that similar to cards against humanity?

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Nice. Lots of Board games this year!

It's more like Calvinball, if Calvinball were a card game.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

No.
    It's a very random game. Like you will play a card that says everyone picks a number, if they picked an even number they lose (are out for that 'game'). Play until there are winner(s) or everyone loses. Repeat.

Custom Special on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Some of you might remember the creepy costume shop next door to me that had the evil Santa with the sack of bloody doll heads I posted a photo of before.

Well, they've upped their game.
    Cloud2go%20Dec%2021,%202012,%206:34%20PM.png

Near as I can tell, that's Lizard Santa wielding a candy cane rod, a molesty bear, and Charlie Sheen in one of those dollar bill hurricane booth things.

Merry Christmas everyone!

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    From Hotline Miami

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

No.
    It's a very random game. Like you will play a card that says everyone picks a number, if they picked an even number they lose (are out for that 'game'). Play until there are winner(s) or everyone loses. Repeat.

Kind of sounds a little like Flux, which is awesome! Playing this tomorrow. Thank you again, Nitsua!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Hey cat, what's that thing you've got there? Is it for me? No I don't think it's food.
    ss01.jpg

Sorry..
    ss02.jpg

Other cat, you want in on this?
    ss03.jpg

Just me then
    ss04.jpg

PACKING CHIPS! Less tasty than regular chips, but less fattening too.
    ss05.jpg

A letter from Santa! Just in case you all want to know, Santa is real, and he posts here under the name Nitsua. He is also a boss of the highest calibre, so, bear that in mind.
    ss06.jpg

Snoopy guards the first gift..
    ss07.jpg

Frickety sweet! As I've been saying here, my girlfriend (taking the photos) and I are heading off for Christmas, and this looks ideal to take with us. Her family's huuge into board/card games, so this will be played. Dandy!
    ss08.jpg

Next up, Santa and a reindeer who just knows haters gonna hate.
    ss09.jpg

BOOM! Black Orchid! Had this on my wishlist since I read Arkham Asylum and fell in love with McKean's incredible artwork. It's great to have it!
    ss10.jpg

Action shot all up in yo' faces! This box was a weighty fella and no mistake. Let me just say, Nitsua (total boss) is an absolute star for going above-and-beyond the call of duty.
    ss11.jpg

KAPOW! ARKHAM HORROR! This was indeed a thing that I badly wanted and you totally delivered, my man! We've been planning a boardgame-laden Christmas and this might just have to be the centrepiece. Couldn't have timed it better.
    ss12.jpg

Group shot! Hey cat, you want to come see all this stuff I got that isn't food?
    ss13.jpg

... maybe.
    ss14.jpg

Thank you so very much Nitsua, you are a top notch Santa and a gentleman. Have your good self a merry Christmas!

You're welcome and I'm glad it got there on time to use it. I was a little worried about that. Big grin going on on my end with how enthusiastic you are about everything. Really brightened up my Christmas. Thank you for being an awesome Santee.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Okay, since my memory card reader on my laptop isn't working right now, it will have to suffice for the moment to say that @parabola did indeed find me some rather cool viewing material with CNN's Cold War! I do so love a good set of documentaries, and this one definitely sounds good!

Also, I find it difficult to not like the cover for some reason.
    coldwarax06610a09jpg1a2.jpg

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    @initiatefailure
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Alright, now that I'm able to properly check this out let's do this thing!

Two packages showed up from santa. One of them looks suspiciously already opened.
    [img][/img]lS6wi.jpg

And since the cats won't come to the investigation, then the investigation must go to the cats
    [img][/img]O4tPc.jpg
    who appear uninterested. Oh well.

Inside! I find a note. It says "gift 2/3... well hopefully 2." I think that's 3 in the envelope over there. Also one wrapped package further wrapped in bubbles and a lot of room for it to roll around in. We have to talk about your handling of objects fragile enough to need bubble wrap. You live dangerous my friend.
    [img][/img]M9YbB.jpg

It seems oddly shaped.
    [img][/img]eySli.jpg
    but it's just odd enough for me. Troy & Abed and InitiateFailure in the morning! Secret Santa edition. A side comment for security, you really need to stop letting guys like me in here.

That just leaves the envelope. what could be in here sandwiched between cardboard sleeves to keep it flat?
    [img][/img]pPhWs.jpg
    It's art you bastards! You'd best show your appreciation. It's actually a great print design. I just need to find somewhere to put it... Or should I say, Somewhen.

On top of FTL, Fly'n and Hitman Absolution on steam previously, these are cool gifts and a cool santa who had to out himself to me early because of a shipping mistake, but still an awesome haul from someone who clearly stalked as far as my avatar :D

@Cornell002 is good people.

One more present incoming good sir. :winky:

• Options
    Awwwww yissssss time for the
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Got home from dinner to find a mysterious white parcel:
    P1000244_zpscdb0be3d.jpg
    Presents of Secret Santa past Nappa and Vegeta stand guard over the box to ensure my safety.
    P1000245_zpse79d6bde.jpg
    Vegeta sends Nappa in to investigate for Dragonballs and unknown power sources.
    P1000246_zps3aba7770.jpg
    The guards have discovered a note along with three boxes
    P1000247_zpsc6117d2e.jpg
    Numba One is a Magic Deckbuilder's Toolkit! I picked one of these up when I got back into Magic a couple months ago and pulled some decent cards.
    Plus (as mentioned in the note), I am a nerd and therefore love having sweet boxes to store my stuff in!
    P1000250_zps822a3702.jpg
    Number Two is a SWEET custom (heh) life spinning life counter! This thing looks wicked awesome!
    It's hard to tell, but it's gold lettering and the background of the text is actually a deep navy (and navy blue is actually one of my favorite colors).
    P1000251_zps851ee6e6.jpg
    Nummer Tres was in a box from Fantasy Flight Games, so I was expecting some game stuff inside. Instead I have been sent Giant Ginger cookies and Sugar Drop cookies.
    P1000252_zpsbf4647ad.jpg
    The whole haul.
    Vegeta rated it over 9000.

Thanks to my Santa, the one and only @Jeddy Lee!
    Thanks for everything, I told my wife that my WICKED AWESOME CUSTOM LIFE COUNTER means I will definitely have to hit up a few more drafts at the local store.
    And it may actually surprise you to know that I tend to get plenty of cookies from Alaska (born in Fairbanks, plenty of family still there). :)

• Options
    KitsunekariKitsunekari Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Part 2!

I got another package in the mail from Amazon. Inside was a wrapped present with a note...
    photo1_zps503cf3c1.jpg

I'm not entirely certain what's going on with Santa this year but apparently there's some epic battle, or at least that's what it seems like in my head.

And then inside was a book I've never heard of!!
    photo2_zpse438dbe5.jpg

However, given my love of both Doctor Who and Douglas Adams, I think my Santa is insanely smart, or just really scary.

• Options
    Cornell002 wrote: »

One more present incoming good sir. :winky:

I don't know if i could handle more. At this rate, Chevy Chase is going to show up at the door and act super racist.

• Options
    It seems that the mere mention of waiting for the missing part 2 of 3 of my gift was enough to summon the postman to my door an hour or so later. So without further ado:

GiftGet.gif

My daughter Molly poses with the pile. Two Amazons and a home packed.

A458985B-D745-47A7-A627-FA576C784570-4250-0000032CA3D25C44.jpg

Gift one is the little Amazon package. And comes with bonuses on label! The fun and experimental Double Fine Amnesia fortnight bundle and the frankly ridiculously extensive THQ bundle! Redeemed already so no need to hide the codes from sneaky internet thieves.

49B25DCF-D58E-40C1-A09F-30F5AF823C0D-4250-0000032C9E4E37D5.jpg

Contents, the Hellboy Companion! I love Hellboy and BPRD and this handy collection of plot lines, biographies and artwork will save the regular delving back into my library when a new issue requires searching for clarification of a previous plot point.

4EF65DA9-6132-409F-B8C0-F8A3FB72760C-4250-0000032C976EE3A8.jpg

At this time, no idea who Santa is.

On to the BIG package.

E5E33864-B2AA-44AB-86B5-488CA9E0017C-4250-0000032C8C495075.jpg
    (bonus cameo of daughter 2 in gestation sneaks in here courtesy of my wife)

272799B8-F185-4898-AE22-4398B0934937-4250-0000032C91F96827.jpg

0270280D-DBE9-41F1-B521-91EBF1F61782-4250-0000032C8623D601.jpg

09A0692C-5A96-4494-989E-DF15BBABCA71-4250-0000032C7E05D7E1.jpg

Lords of Waterdeep! Woo! Just in time for family Christmas game times, sweet. My family loves a game of Settlers of Catan but seems to go cross eyed and drift away during an explanation of the rules of Puerto Rico. I hear the complexity of this this is closer to the former than the latter so feeling hopeful!

Package label starts to narrow down Santa as we're now looking at the narrow pool of people I've played forum D&D with in the past who also post in G&T.

And on to the last package. It seems to have been posted from within the UK, which combining with the D&D information Cluedo (or Clue if you're a Yank) style gives me a definite prime Santa suspect.

791A71DD-83B6-46FD-8309-CE8C33131E37-4250-0000032C71236DFC.jpg

Kinder Eggs and Lego! One Kinder egg has gone boom in the post but luckily I have no qualms over eating floor chocolate. The other one is swiftly grabbed by Molly!

04F9A939-B1C8-4704-AA42-BCBB043ED133-4250-0000032C77C155D1.jpg

And finally a Christmas card and some Steam monies. The card confirms suspicions that the Santa responsible for all this brilliant stuff is my old comrade in arms @Anarchy aka Lucan Loreweaver! Massive thanks man. A great haul.

BF22D0C7-55EC-44E7-A125-FCABA3FD33F5-4250-0000032C6B04ACE5.jpg

Bonus pictures:

Kinder Egg toys to race:
    D6348368-4E06-4138-8B46-136360CF1357-4250-0000032C5FBAF800.jpg

And sausage versus siege crossbow who will win?
    C6F7DC0D-6D19-4026-8785-CCB942891BB3-4250-0000032D1D8D5F5D.jpg

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Currently stood on a street corner waiting for my Santa.

For the record I'm very early, he's not late.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

:winky:

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Your present is a knife.

It will be delivered directly to your gut.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Let's give Grinch some Christmas music to pass the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6q50aY4ZI

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Two Headed Boy for Steam gifts of Sniper Elite V2, Max Payne 3, and The Walking Dead!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

For the record I'm very early, he's not late.

And this was the last we've ever heard of Mr_Grinch. We shall remember him fondly.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Seems my post got eaten up, phone probably acting up. Anyway, grinch lives! He escaped my tired clutches, I could not trap him!

Apologies for being late, stupid buses not running same time schedule on the weekends as on the weekdays. The walk did me good though, despite the sweat :p

It was really nice meeting you, mate and it sucks I ha to work last night, was a bit dizzy. We definitely need to do the movie thing, that would be ace! also to rest of thread, grinch has the pictures, GET HIM! (my phone didn't have the greatest camera)