As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: The gifts (and puzzles) begin to arrive.

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    @Sara Lynn omfg OMFG OMFG

post coming soon once I get my phone to stop being a butt!!

thank

fucking

gawrsh

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Goose! wrote: »
    Anyone have any opinions on what the most comfortable computer chair under $200 might be? I'm looking at chairs on Amazon because I'm a prime member, but I'm open to any retailer as long as its in that price range.
    I got this for my dad on sale at staples for $100 last year. It's comfortable, reclines well enough, and has been holding up in a sign shop that's under constant assault of re-arrangement, and from impacts from heavy materials.
    This year I grabbed this for $168.29 for my room. It was easy to install, can recline okay- not great, and has been getting squeaky lately. Still sits well.
    If you can find a good deal from a local department store, you might get a better product than what you'd get from Amazon. Plus you can probably sit in it and check the durability of the build there. You'll probably get an okay chair whatever route you choose though.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Also joeuser is rad and gifted me warhammer 40K dawn of war 2.

But everyone already knew that.

That he is rad, that is.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Wait shit this isn't the steam thread.

Stuff being bought everywhere!

Joeuser still rad though.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    @Nirya gifted me Dead Island GOTY edition on steam. Thanks @Nirya !

No problem, Goose. I was looking to buy gifts for anyone I had on Steam but it turns out I don't have many of you on there. It is probably because I don't use Steam that much.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I will be really pissed if my gifts got lost after having the person who made them shipped directly

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Sara Lynn wrote: »

thank

fucking

gawrsh

lookit this fucking HAUL:

OYqYLl.jpg

Note:
    Hello, Rolo!

All of these poorly wrapped gifts are for you! How crazy. I really hope you like everything. Some things I took a bit of a chance on. So don't feel bad if you're not crazy about everything. I was going to send you candy but Canada sure is fussy.

Anyway, Merry Satans!

<3 Sara Lynn <3

opening reveals:

BXR8Xl.jpg

GUNSHOW POSTER - OH MY YES
    Anya's Ghost - Heard very good things about this!
    New Frontier - A favorite!
    Kate Beaton calendar - HOW DID YOU KNOW?
    Secret of Kells - HOW DID YOU KNOW X2 COMBO
    Ssandman Mystery Theatre - Awesome!
    Typography Sketchbooks - Neato!

Thank you so much! You stalked me good, took some gambles and ended up right on the money! Gifts were in no way poorly wrapped, although the box did take a few dings from Canada Post (everything inside was fine though).

Going to spend my christmas break reading the crap out of all my sweet books. Whoo!

Brolo on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That ruuuules! Good job Sara!

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Secret of Kells is a gorgeous movie, I love it

• Options
    edited December 2012
    That Gunshow poster is signed at the bottom, btw! It was also Annie's idea, which I thought was awesome.
    New Frontier is something I own, I need to get more of them, but I enjoyed it a lot.
    Anya's Ghost is like my favorite graphic novel, so hopefully you'll like it too! The story is real cute and weird.
    Secret of Kells was a guess, though Annie snooped your YouTube account and saw you "liked" the trailer. Everyone should own this movie anyways.
    Kate Beaton calendar, I wanted one for myself so I ordered the two pack. SAVINGS!
    Sandman Mystery Theatre is Annie's current favorite comic series, that was his suggestion too.
    Typography Sketchbook was a total guess but I was pleased to see it was real big and full of neat stuff.

YOU'RE WELCOME YAY GLAD YOU LIKE EVERYTHING YAY yay yay

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Satan, in case you were planning to get some playmats for me to block projects on, don't worry about it -- i picked up some of these on the cheap! but if you already bought some (i can't imagine you did, that'd be a pain to ship), they will still get put to use; i will, at some point, be insane enough to make a full-size blanket.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    That Gunshow poster is signed at the bottom, btw! It was also Annie's idea, which I thought was awesome.
    New Frontier is something I own, I need to get more of them, but I enjoyed it a lot.
    Anya's Ghost is like my favorite graphic novel, so hopefully you'll like it too! The story is real cute and weird.
    Secret of Kells was a guess, though Annie snooped your YouTube account and saw you "liked" the trailer. Everyone should own this movie anyways.
    Kate Beaton calendar, I wanted one for myself so I ordered the two pack. SAVINGS!
    Sandman Mystery Theatre is Annie's current favorite comic series, that was his suggestion too.
    Typography Sketchbook was a total guess but I was pleased to see it was real big and full of neat stuff.

YOU'RE WELCOME YAY GLAD YOU LIKE EVERYTHING YAY yay yay

Yesss, gonna get that poster framed.

I'm really liking the sketchbook, I'm actually doing some wordmarks myself for clients and have found some things in it that will come in handy already.

Thanks again (to annie as well!) !

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    Kate Beaton calendar, I wanted one for myself so I ordered the two pack

I am real glad I saw this post

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    Kate Beaton calendar, I wanted one for myself so I ordered the two pack

I am real glad I saw this post

PHEW

since the secret is out feel free to PM Annie if you're worried I might have something already

should've posted that in my Satan post anyway, but

yeah feel free to do that

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, apparently a package came for me, and it has the word "Satanee" on the front, I wonder what it i - HOT-A-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

hvpdsk.jpg

It's a fucking awesome spray paint portrait of Marceline from Adventure Time, done by the inimitable @Jokerman!

Holy shit, dude, I love it! Thanks! <3

(Also, thank you for putting up with the list that I never edited. Sorry about that. :P )

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I don't even know what people do with calendars anymore. I can check the date or make a reminder on like the phone, the PC, the laptop, the Kindle Fire, the TV, the Wii homebrew, maybe the 360 or PS3, the digital cameras, the coffee maker, the car, the microwave, the crock pot, the space heater...

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    hey do any of you guys play WoW but don't own Mists of Pandaria but would like to?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    hey do any of you guys play WoW but don't own Mists of Pandaria but would like to?

I've "quit" wow.

I have "quit" wow at least 3 times before that in the past.

you should probably not give me that.

Or maybe you should?

I don't know.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Alright, so let's get this started, first presents have to be sent, so here is a box!
    A2zXc.jpg

Inside the box was a note from the esteemed @DrZiplock
    dSGBT.jpg?1

Oh my gosh a note, this is the best Christmas ever.

Wait, there's more? Holy shit, it gets better?!

I've always felt Halflings were the most criminally underappreciated D&D race
    EPptT.jpg

and now I know it's because we keep killing them and giving away their feet as Satan gifts

Christmas isn't complete without one of these...
    9nZHm.jpg

A Nerf Gun! And one that isn't a Maverick? I am in awe. These discs go really fast though... I may have already had to apologize to a few people...

Presents for my daughter too? On top of the fucking ball
    MKKJV.jpg

The flying screaming monkey as stated in the note. This thing is way too much fun. Plus she can't shoot him too far because her arms aren't long enough so I don't have to worry about her hitting anyone!

The most useful present in the box
    CWbUX.jpg

Oh my gosh it's the space invader hoodie. I lost all my coats a while back, so it has been a rough winter with borrowed and cheapass coats and multiple shirts. I was close to buying it when I heard about the how cold it was gonna be this winter, but I held off because "what if". I love it!

Another item from my wishlist...
    ROrhO.jpg

A sweet Iocane Powder pint glass. I am criminally low on dishes (i.e. I have none and my roommate owns everything in the kitchen). Wait though... there's something missing...
    c7Zag.jpg

Oh right, a second one, how the fuck would I play the game without the second glass? I really am mad at myself for not even considering that scenario until I opened up the second one. Props DrZ

And now winner of "Favorite Thing in the Box"
    tkpRi.jpg
    Tj19O.jpg

It's called Mega Stomp Panic, and it's this little device you hook up to your belt and it makes noises when you walk or stomp. Holy shit this thing makes me smile so much and I know Lynn is gonna love it just as much as I do. And that box art! I love it, it's reminiscent of so many things I adore.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think a gunfight's about to break into my living room. And by that I mean I'm turning this bad boy on and about to shoot whoever just came in with a Nerf gun.

Merry Christmas to my Satan, my Satanee, and everyone in this thread, this has been so much fun.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular

thank

fucking

gawrsh

lookit this fucking HAUL:
    OYqYLl.jpg

Note:
    Hello, Rolo!

All of these poorly wrapped gifts are for you! How crazy. I really hope you like everything. Some things I took a bit of a chance on. So don't feel bad if you're not crazy about everything. I was going to send you candy but Canada sure is fussy.

Anyway, Merry Satans!

<3 Sara Lynn <3

opening reveals:

BXR8Xl.jpg

GUNSHOW POSTER - OH MY YES
    Anya's Ghost - Heard very good things about this!
    New Frontier - A favorite!
    Kate Beaton calendar - HOW DID YOU KNOW?
    Secret of Kells - HOW DID YOU KNOW X2 COMBO
    Ssandman Mystery Theatre - Awesome!
    Typography Sketchbooks - Neato!

Thank you so much! You stalked me good, took some gambles and ended up right on the money! Gifts were in no way poorly wrapped, although the box did take a few dings from Canada Post (everything inside was fine though).
    Going to spend my christmas break reading the crap out of all my sweet books. Whoo!

gotta say, I give extra props to the folks who do handwritten cards rather than amazon ones, feels more personal

sig.png
  • Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't even know what people do with calendars anymore. I can check the date or make a reminder on like the phone, the PC, the laptop, the Kindle Fire, the TV, the Wii homebrew, maybe the 360 or PS3, the digital cameras, the coffee maker, the car, the microwave, the crock pot, the space heater...
    I don't own a cellphone, Kindle or laptop, I don't turn on my PC enough. No coffeemaker or car. I use a paper calendar to write down doctor's appointments. Monthly medication dates. Dates of operations/procedures. Birthdays. Event dates.
    Until I move on up, to the East side, I will use paper calendars..
    I would be more than happy to stop using paper calendars if someone wants to send me a Kindle HD. Just sayin'. Actually, I would probably still use them.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh goodness me, I feel silly.

I looked at the chains and realized that I haven't received my actual Satan gift.

I thought it was Blake!

NOW I AM EXCITED ALL OVER AGAIN.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Oh, hey, apparently a package came for me, and it has the word "Satanee" on the front, I wonder what it i - HOT-A-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

hvpdsk.jpg

It's a fucking awesome spray paint portrait of Marceline from Adventure Time, done by the inimitable @Jokerman!

(Also, thank you for putting up with the list that I never edited. Sorry about that. :P )

!!!!

I'm so glad it arrived in one piece and you like it :). I wanted to make something you'd dig, but this christmas, everything has gone pear shaped.

Also glad you can read my handwriting, that was a concern.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    thoroughly impressed with that Sandman Mystery Theater trade up above

• Options

If no one else would like it, I'd appreciate it. I have some major downtime until work starts up again.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »

hvpdsk.jpg

!!!!

I'm so glad it arrived in one piece and you like it :). I wanted to make something you'd dig, but this christmas, everything has gone pear shaped.

Man, don't worry about me digging it, I've got it on my computer desk, and I can't help but look down every couple of seconds.

It is absolutely badass, I'll be sure to get a frame for it and send you some pics.

<3

(Also, my handwriting is not much better, I'm afraid.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

hvpdsk.jpg

!!!!

Man, don't worry about me digging it, I've got it on my computer desk, and I can't help but look down every couple of seconds.

It is absolutely badass, I'll be sure to get a frame for it and send you some pics.

<3

(Also, my handwriting is not much better, I'm afraid.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqpJ3lDkpM

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

I've "quit" wow.

I have "quit" wow at least 3 times before that in the past.

you should probably not give me that.

Or maybe you should?

I don't know.

I will not enable your addiction i am sorry @slym

If no one else would like it, I'd appreciate it. I have some major downtime until work starts up again.

congratulations, @jokerman!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    It's a christmas miracle!

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    doing mists of pandaria dailies is, turns out, the quickest and most efficient way to break a crippling wow addiction

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    doing mists of pandaria dailies is, turns out, the quickest and most efficient way to break a crippling wow addiction

The way to fix that is to catch all the pets

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hey @Jokerman do you take commissions and/or are you interested in a craft exchange because that Marceline painting is swaaaaaaank

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Also now that I have finished this thing, I can start on the last bit of my Satanee's gift. Pre-emptive apologies that you won't get it by Christmas, Satanee.

THIS THING:

vatLJ.jpg

8nmbq.jpg

wound up taking up all of my time.

Sheri on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    That is awesome Sheri!
    I'm not sure you can mail creepers though.
    FBI on their way.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Glorious Satan, i'm sorry I have not posted pictures of your gifts yet. As it turns out an awesome Dr. Who poster (the exploding tardis/Van Gogh) arrived just the other day. I'll post a picture once I get it framed and hung.

Sorry for being a butt, you're awesome and give awesome presents.

• Options
    That is awesome Sheri!
    I'm not sure you can mail creepers though.
    FBI on their way.

Who said anything about mailing

>.>

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    My darling Satan and fellow forumers,

I am delirious with exhaustion but I sneaked a peak at the sender-less package addressed to me here and it is two zombie related things. These could be from an old friend of mine though! So if they are from someone here could you confirm so I can thank you properly?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Hey @Jokerman do you take commissions and/or are you interested in a craft exchange because that Marceline painting is swaaaaaaank

!!!

PM sent.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    For whoever gets that creeper quilt, you have to put something like a half-inflated air mattress or something like that underneath so that whenever anyone sits or steps on it

Ssssssssssssssssss

• Options
    That quilt is so boss @sheri

The awesomeness that radiates out from it should keep them warm all winter long.

This discussion has been closed.