As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    photo2_zpse438dbe5.jpg

However, given my love of both Doctor Who and Douglas Adams, I think my Santa is insanely smart, or just really scary.

I now need to own this. NEED TO!

Awesome gifting everywhere!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    GiftGet4b.gif
    I got a tracking number the other day and it said it was to be delivered on Christmas Eve. However, UPS must have known how excited I was and they delivered it a few days early instead!

The box arrived so I brought it upstairs to do the all important cat sniff test.
    oskar_present_zpsd6427e80.jpg
    Oskar isn't sure what to make of it really.

Opened it up and found this letter! Santa revealed!
    letter_zps4f53aa86.jpg
    It's @RisenPhoenix!

And here's what was inside the box. Beer!
    beer_zps00662505.jpg
    You know me so well!

Thanks so much! I'll definitely let you know what I think of them all. And the fact that you're from Australia but living in the states makes a lot of sense since you mentioned Boxing Day. I know when that is but would never actually refer to it.

Thanks @RisenPhoenix!

He also got me Diablo 3 for those that missed the other post.

shadowane on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Hey cat, what's that thing you've got there? Is it for me? No I don't think it's food.
    ss01.jpg

Sorry..
    ss02.jpg

Other cat, you want in on this?
    ss03.jpg

Just me then
    ss04.jpg

PACKING CHIPS! Less tasty than regular chips, but less fattening too.
    ss05.jpg

A letter from Santa! Just in case you all want to know, Santa is real, and he posts here under the name Nitsua. He is also a boss of the highest calibre, so, bear that in mind.
    ss06.jpg

Snoopy guards the first gift..
    ss07.jpg

Frickety sweet! As I've been saying here, my girlfriend (taking the photos) and I are heading off for Christmas, and this looks ideal to take with us. Her family's huuge into board/card games, so this will be played. Dandy!
    ss08.jpg

Next up, Santa and a reindeer who just knows haters gonna hate.
    ss09.jpg

BOOM! Black Orchid! Had this on my wishlist since I read Arkham Asylum and fell in love with McKean's incredible artwork. It's great to have it!
    ss10.jpg

Action shot all up in yo' faces! This box was a weighty fella and no mistake. Let me just say, Nitsua (total boss) is an absolute star for going above-and-beyond the call of duty.
    ss11.jpg

KAPOW! ARKHAM HORROR! This was indeed a thing that I badly wanted and you totally delivered, my man! We've been planning a boardgame-laden Christmas and this might just have to be the centrepiece. Couldn't have timed it better.
    ss12.jpg

Group shot! Hey cat, you want to come see all this stuff I got that isn't food?
    ss13.jpg

... maybe.
    ss14.jpg

Thank you so very much Nitsua, you are a top notch Santa and a gentleman. Have your good self a merry Christmas!

You're welcome and I'm glad it got there on time to use it. I was a little worried about that. Big grin going on on my end with how enthusiastic you are about everything. Really brightened up my Christmas. Thank you for being an awesome Santee.

You're welcome! Thank you again for being a great Santa :)

forumsig.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    VIKING BEER. Now I know I hit the mark. I'm glad to hear you like it @Shadowane - When I return to Australia in the new year I'll be sure to stow some away in my luggage for further evaluation.

Speaking of alcohol, it's my turn!

GiftGet4b.gif
    Gift the first! A Columbia River Knife & Tool utility knife. It's amazing just how useful having a sharp edge on your person can be.

EHSKJ.jpg?1

Gift the second! A rather nifty set of shotglasses, tempered with my love for trap shooting.

8Em7U.jpg?1

Now to the star of the show. I've never received a gift labeled like this that I didn't like.

c0y4H.jpg?1

Inside is a lot of pressure-molded cardboard and a note!

QJM8D.jpg?2

Wine! And a lot of it! An assortment of seven Reds from the Napa and Sonoma valleys, including a dessert wine!
    (Please excuse the terribly washed-out camera phone shot, a new camera is next on my christmas wishlist.)

35cit.jpg?1

Now all through my unpacking I couldn't find anything resembling a username. Thankyou Santa! Reveal yourself that I may shower you with thanks!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Knives, shotgun shells, and alcohol.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So yes, I did escape @Big Isy , the generous man that he is, he even paid for my hot chocolate.

GiftGet4b.gif

Gift get but (shock!) not gift open. I'm keeping the gift until Christmas day. It's currently nestled under my Christmas tree and is the only one I have as my wife is only just wrapping mine.

Anyway, the Santa and Santee meet up:

(Damp) Santee:
    8297705892_66fb70865c_z.jpg
    (Incidentally I never realised I was going quite so grey)

(Generous and awesome) Santa:
    8296656659_a601b40f5d_z.jpg

Both Santee AND Santa, in one place at one time:
    8297721078_d638ef9188_z.jpg
    (Me hugging gift in plastic bag to prevent it getting wet. Also what appears to be two people arguing in the background)

And when I returned I discovered a Steam gift from Big Isy, I mentioned I loved horror over our drink and he sent me Amnesia, awesome! Constantly stalking! :-D

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Neither of you look like your avatars. The illusion is shattered

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I kinda thought he'd have a crown of some sort.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Grinch standing in front of a pub called The Queen.

Come on man we have to work hard to break these stereotypes!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Gotta say, I had a bet riding on Isy showing up wearing rags. Maybe a burlap sack. Since he gives away ALL THE MONEYS for gifts and charity and clearly should not be able to afford normal human clothes after all that.

minor incident on
  • Options
    I know, I was quite relieved he wasn't a giant crab with a monocle though to be fair. His gifting knows no end, he even gifted me a hot chocolate when I met him.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    In-person gifting is awesome. All of my Santees have been oceans away thus far.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    It seems that the mere mention of waiting for the missing part 2 of 3 of my gift was enough to summon the postman to my door an hour or so later. So without further ado:
    GiftGet.gif

My daughter Molly poses with the pile. Two Amazons and a home packed.

A458985B-D745-47A7-A627-FA576C784570-4250-0000032CA3D25C44.jpg

Gift one is the little Amazon package. And comes with bonuses on label! The fun and experimental Double Fine Amnesia fortnight bundle and the frankly ridiculously extensive THQ bundle! Redeemed already so no need to hide the codes from sneaky internet thieves.

49B25DCF-D58E-40C1-A09F-30F5AF823C0D-4250-0000032C9E4E37D5.jpg

Contents, the Hellboy Companion! I love Hellboy and BPRD and this handy collection of plot lines, biographies and artwork will save the regular delving back into my library when a new issue requires searching for clarification of a previous plot point.

4EF65DA9-6132-409F-B8C0-F8A3FB72760C-4250-0000032C976EE3A8.jpg

At this time, no idea who Santa is.

On to the BIG package.

E5E33864-B2AA-44AB-86B5-488CA9E0017C-4250-0000032C8C495075.jpg
    (bonus cameo of daughter 2 in gestation sneaks in here courtesy of my wife)

272799B8-F185-4898-AE22-4398B0934937-4250-0000032C91F96827.jpg

0270280D-DBE9-41F1-B521-91EBF1F61782-4250-0000032C8623D601.jpg

09A0692C-5A96-4494-989E-DF15BBABCA71-4250-0000032C7E05D7E1.jpg

Lords of Waterdeep! Woo! Just in time for family Christmas game times, sweet. My family loves a game of Settlers of Catan but seems to go cross eyed and drift away during an explanation of the rules of Puerto Rico. I hear the complexity of this this is closer to the former than the latter so feeling hopeful!

Package label starts to narrow down Santa as we're now looking at the narrow pool of people I've played forum D&D with in the past who also post in G&T.

And on to the last package. It seems to have been posted from within the UK, which combining with the D&D information Cluedo (or Clue if you're a Yank) style gives me a definite prime Santa suspect.

791A71DD-83B6-46FD-8309-CE8C33131E37-4250-0000032C71236DFC.jpg

Kinder Eggs and Lego! One Kinder egg has gone boom in the post but luckily I have no qualms over eating floor chocolate. The other one is swiftly grabbed by Molly!

04F9A939-B1C8-4704-AA42-BCBB043ED133-4250-0000032C77C155D1.jpg

And finally a Christmas card and some Steam monies. The card confirms suspicions that the Santa responsible for all this brilliant stuff is my old comrade in arms @Anarchy aka Lucan Loreweaver! Massive thanks man. A great haul.

BF22D0C7-55EC-44E7-A125-FCABA3FD33F5-4250-0000032C6B04ACE5.jpg

Bonus pictures:

Kinder Egg toys to race:
    D6348368-4E06-4138-8B46-136360CF1357-4250-0000032C5FBAF800.jpg

And sausage versus siege crossbow who will win?
    C6F7DC0D-6D19-4026-8785-CCB942891BB3-4250-0000032D1D8D5F5D.jpg

Very glad its all finally arrived. I was rather worried when you said you hadn't recieved Gift 2 as my super secret tracking indicated it was out for delivery. Glad you liked it all, let me know how Lords of Waterdeep works out.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    In-person gifting is awesome. All of my Santees have been oceans away thus far.

Purely by chance we were roughly 30 minutes drive apart. Crazy coincidence!

Also not opening this gift is going to kill me, but then I'll feel so much better on Christmas Day :D

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Just got up, yay pics! That was awesome but next time I'll have some sleep beforehand and not walk the distance or work the night before :p

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Dear Santee: My present says it should be delivered today, but tracking shows it in Washington. My apologies if it doesn't reach you by the 25th.

Dear Santa: You're making me sweat like I'm sweating for my Santee.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    When I arrived home from a Mayapocalypse party late last night, I found a package waiting for me.

GiftGet4b.gif
    THE MANLY ART
    yMX08l.jpg
    THE MOST DANGEROUS KICK OF AN EXPERT KICKER
    P2vcYl.jpg
    It also has parlor tricks for faking demonstrations of ones mighty strength.
    BOIRyl.jpg

This is pretty fantastic. No longer will I have to worry about being ambushed by undesirables armed with canes and boxing training. Thanks, Santa!

Frem on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Seriously, that is a British-ass British pic

• Options
    edited December 2012

Seriously, that is a British-ass British pic

I never noticed, but that's true:

- It's pissing it down.
    - There's a pub called The Queens in the background.
    - There's also a red postbox.
    - I have large sticky out Prince-Charles-Caricature-esque ears.

Also I believe it's "arse", not "ass" good chap.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    When I arrived home from a Mayapocalypse party late last night, I found a package waiting for me.

GiftGet4b.gif
    THE MANLY ART
    yMX08l.jpg
    THE MOST DANGEROUS KICK OF AN EXPERT KICKER
    P2vcYl.jpg
    It also has parlor tricks for faking demonstrations of ones mighty strength.
    BOIRyl.jpg

This is pretty fantastic. No longer will I have to worry about being ambushed by undesirables armed with canes and boxing training. Thanks, Santa!

Oh hey! I gots me one of those!!! ;)

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Hey Santa - I'm back home now for a week, so if your package gets delivered at my house I won't be able to pick it up until the 31st at the earliest. Don't bite your nails too hard if tracking shows it as undelivered.

Santee - I posted your thing last week or so. It may not get to you before Christmas if it hasn't arrived today but hopefully it won't be much longer :)

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »
    It seems that the mere mention of waiting for the missing part 2 of 3 of my gift was enough to summon the postman to my door an hour or so later. So without further ado:
    GiftGet.gif

My daughter Molly poses with the pile. Two Amazons and a home packed.

A458985B-D745-47A7-A627-FA576C784570-4250-0000032CA3D25C44.jpg

Gift one is the little Amazon package. And comes with bonuses on label! The fun and experimental Double Fine Amnesia fortnight bundle and the frankly ridiculously extensive THQ bundle! Redeemed already so no need to hide the codes from sneaky internet thieves.

49B25DCF-D58E-40C1-A09F-30F5AF823C0D-4250-0000032C9E4E37D5.jpg

Contents, the Hellboy Companion! I love Hellboy and BPRD and this handy collection of plot lines, biographies and artwork will save the regular delving back into my library when a new issue requires searching for clarification of a previous plot point.

4EF65DA9-6132-409F-B8C0-F8A3FB72760C-4250-0000032C976EE3A8.jpg

At this time, no idea who Santa is.

On to the BIG package.

E5E33864-B2AA-44AB-86B5-488CA9E0017C-4250-0000032C8C495075.jpg
    (bonus cameo of daughter 2 in gestation sneaks in here courtesy of my wife)

272799B8-F185-4898-AE22-4398B0934937-4250-0000032C91F96827.jpg

0270280D-DBE9-41F1-B521-91EBF1F61782-4250-0000032C8623D601.jpg

09A0692C-5A96-4494-989E-DF15BBABCA71-4250-0000032C7E05D7E1.jpg

Lords of Waterdeep! Woo! Just in time for family Christmas game times, sweet. My family loves a game of Settlers of Catan but seems to go cross eyed and drift away during an explanation of the rules of Puerto Rico. I hear the complexity of this this is closer to the former than the latter so feeling hopeful!

Package label starts to narrow down Santa as we're now looking at the narrow pool of people I've played forum D&D with in the past who also post in G&T.

And on to the last package. It seems to have been posted from within the UK, which combining with the D&D information Cluedo (or Clue if you're a Yank) style gives me a definite prime Santa suspect.

791A71DD-83B6-46FD-8309-CE8C33131E37-4250-0000032C71236DFC.jpg

Kinder Eggs and Lego! One Kinder egg has gone boom in the post but luckily I have no qualms over eating floor chocolate. The other one is swiftly grabbed by Molly!

04F9A939-B1C8-4704-AA42-BCBB043ED133-4250-0000032C77C155D1.jpg

And finally a Christmas card and some Steam monies. The card confirms suspicions that the Santa responsible for all this brilliant stuff is my old comrade in arms @Anarchy aka Lucan Loreweaver! Massive thanks man. A great haul.

BF22D0C7-55EC-44E7-A125-FCABA3FD33F5-4250-0000032C6B04ACE5.jpg

Bonus pictures:

Kinder Egg toys to race:
    D6348368-4E06-4138-8B46-136360CF1357-4250-0000032C5FBAF800.jpg

And sausage versus siege crossbow who will win?
    C6F7DC0D-6D19-4026-8785-CCB942891BB3-4250-0000032D1D8D5F5D.jpg

Very glad its all finally arrived. I was rather worried when you said you hadn't recieved Gift 2 as my super secret tracking indicated it was out for delivery. Glad you liked it all, let me know how Lords of Waterdeep works out.

Tried it out tonight with the in-laws and it seriously could not have gone any better.

- Simple rules with easily graspable goals.

- All done in a nice concise time frame.

- I can call the cubes wizards and rogues while my mother-in-law calls them purples and blacks and everyone is happy.

- Close score line right until the end.

- I won.

Hell, even my Father-In-Law who often loses interest half way through a game and starts taking his turns at random was engaged right up to final turn.

Really good stuff. Could not be more pleased.

Thanks again!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif
    A box!
    b8Dvwl.jpg
    Packing material
    tIpdml.jpg
    A letter
    loyO2l.jpg

I should note that my mother was hovering nearby with a camera for some reason. I would later learn The Jaxx had previously contacted her.
    The first box! (please pardon my shirt and the condition of my room. :)
    V6bojl.jpg
    Bam!

pmYUf.jpg

IT'S A NEXUS 7 TABLET!!!
    rhVGZ.jpg
    With case!

cVSgN.jpg

Further unboxing
    Oa2xwl.jpg

nCrHfl.jpg

(There's a few more photos here, but Imgur is hanging when I try to upload them.)
    Thank you, The Jaxx!

vaAfX.jpg

Everything together:

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
    my PA Santa gave to me...
    You'll just have to open it up to see!!! (Nexus 7 and case)
    The Maly Art of Bartitsu
    Disaster looms
    Nine emblems per level in a sweet-ass ninja game!
    8GB of Batman storage!!
    Awesomenauts (day 7.2)
    Seven games of fun
    PA's Precipice of Darkness
    5 x $5 gift certs to Oxford Comics
    Four strangely colored knights
    Three paperback books
    Two games in a series
    and a 2D action game not in a tree

pwSLTl.jpg

I'm totally blown away. Wasn't expecting generosity of this caliber. Thank you very much, The Jaxx!!!

• Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    @frem

Glad it all came together. It was a lot of fun and of course, the wife said I had to spend more on her. :p

Have fun and enjoy it all!

• Options
    I awesome'd your post purely because of your beard.

Also, whilst mentioning @TheJaxx , I'd just like to say a big thanks to he and @Aioua . Two of the gifts I ordered for my santee wouldn't let me pay as I don't live in the states so they both ordered something for me. It was very much appreciated.

And thumbs up to @Kendrick and @crucialityfactor who both answered the call too.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

So a box appeared today...and I did just order a last minute gift through Amazon...better be safe though!
    ABox_zps53076533.jpg

My instincts have proven correct! Santa is here! For some reason one of the gifts wasn't wrapped...but had a gift note on the packing slip.
    Gift2Note_zpseda79c7f.jpg

The Ocean's Trilogy on Blu Ray! There's something about the comedy in these movies that just hits me in all the right ways.
    Oceans_zpsb9680377.jpg

Gift number the second is more mysterious though...
    Gift1Note_zps4f2e50d7.jpg

999! It all makes sense (for the moment)! If someone didn't end up getting this for me it would have been my first purchase after Christmas. Really intrigued by this game.
    999_zps336bbf8c.jpg

You may recall that the first note hinted at more to come. If so, I am indeed a lucky Santee.

Thank you so much @mxmarks !
    BothGifts_zps8c67e931.jpg

Also, side note: a 2nd box came as well which ended up being a gift from my sister that I accidentally spoiled myself on. Oh well!

• Options
    Yay, @Frem! That's an awesome gift! I've been anxiously awaiting your GIFTGET because @thejaxx asked me to consult on his gift choosing and he did an awesome job with the Nexus 7, I'd say. It's awesome to see it all come together.

Woots for both of you!

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    As an aside, everyone should gift Grinnch stuff on steam if they feel like gifting randomly. His backlog is puny!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    As an aside, everyone should gift Grinnch stuff on steam if they feel like gifting randomly. His backlog is puny!

Gamebank™!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    So glad the gifts arrived @crueltyfactor - I'm sorry it's not more personalized, but glad they arrived safe and sound and you can begin enjoying them!

...that second gift though...THAT'S the one I hope you enjoy, and the gift I used the most (and simultaneously, the least) amount if stalking for.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    GiftGet4b.gif

And the mystery of the orange chocolate.
    20121221215517.jpg

Orange-flavoured!
    20121221215501.jpg

I'm sooo! ... I don't actually know what it says.

Thanks again, Niceguyeddie616!

t santee: Sorry for my extreme tardiness! I'll make sure to ship it this week! [edit: by this week I mean next week >.<]

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Epic GiftGet4b.gif time.

A brief note, since I was in the midst of selling my former residence and finding a new one at the time of signups, I gave the Secret Santa organizers my parents address since I wasn't sure what my address would be (makes shipping a bit of a hassle, that).
    Earlier this week I got a call from my mom telling me a package had arrived, and I told her I'd be up on Saturday to get it since fighting rush hour traffic would be enough to kill the christmas spirit in pretty much anyone.

Over the course of the week, three more packages arrived, but there wasn't any need to let me know this, seeing as how I'd be up on Saturday anyway, so it was with no small amount of surprise when my mom pointed to a stack of unwrapped packages under their tree and said they'd all arrived. Once again, I'm amazed and humbled to see the generosity (or possibly insanity) of the posters on this forum.

That said, there's still need for the Pug Patrol to inspect the packages for any potential grinchiness.
    12_22_12010_zpsfd53d994.jpg

12_22_12011_zps82d29d90.jpg
    Blurry the pug (actual name Cid) says "All clear here, give me a cookie"
    Twisty the pug (actual name Freddie) is not convinced (or still investigating the dots of peanut butter used to get the first picture).
    Sadie is there too. Not sure what she's looking at though. She's pretty much blind, so she probably doesn't know either.

So, with that cleared, I was allowed to take my packages home for to do the unwrapping thing upon them...
    Opening the box, I see a note, clearly labeled spoilers and a pile of wrapped packages.
    12_22_12015_zpsb81b0fa0.jpg
    Dear see317,
    Merry Christmas!
    All of my gift choices were based n what was said in the initial SS message, what I stalked of you, and my own personal flavor.
    So, to the gifts! (you might want to open them and then come back to read this in fear of spoilers.)
    1- Saga and Thief of Thieves vol1: You said you generally read sci-fi/fantasy, so I thought Saga would be a grat story for you. It is pretty awesome. Most say it is Romeo & Juliet meets star Wars. I wouldn't disagree.
    2- Batman Handbook: I believe you said this, no?
    "Every time I see one of these posts, I'm thankful that someone else got The Riddler as their Santa. To my Santa, I'm no Batman" <<yup, that's a thing I said>>
    Well, no more excuses! I expect your next Santa to riddle the shit out of you and for you to have no issues solving them.
    3- Finn Flash Drive: I was close to finishing my shopping for you and saw that you had the Adventure Time comic on your list, but I didn't want to over comic you. <<I don't believe this is possible -See317>> So, I thought this little guy would do.
    Skyrim NES Cart:I've had a place bookmarked for months and as soon as you said Skyrim in your SS hints I knew what I was getting you. From what I've read, it is an actual NES game. Which one? No clue, but if you can find an NEW, let me know!
    5-TastykakesThese are pretty much a Northeast thing, so I figured what the hell. NOMNOM NOM
    6- Hero Academy
    7- The Walking Dead
    Enjoy it all! the last fewgifts will be trickling inthere very shortly.
    <3<3<3,
    Santaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Setting the spoiler filled note to the side I start in on the wrapped goodies
    But wait, there was more to the note!
    12_22_12016_zps4e6865d0.jpg
    With the note read, and tantalizing spoilers safely ignored for the moment, it was time to empty the box:
    12_22_12017_zps0ff0f5a4.jpg
    I don't remember exactly the order I opened these in, but here are pictures that I took:
    12_22_12018_zps2d377844.jpg
    Tastykakes, two varieties I've not seen before. I know kakes are delicious, but hard to find out here in the wilds of Colorado. You have to track down a reliable cheese steak place to find a steady supply of these. Seriously, Tastykakes are like crack filled twinkies, delicious and highly addictive. These will be devoured quickly, despite my attempts to save the deliciousness.
    12_22_12019_zps41824f40.jpg
    NES Skyrim and an 8GB Adventure Time flash drive. It's hard to see due to my poor camera skills, but the Skyrim guy is actually pixel art. I want to find an NES, but at the same time I'm worried it would spoil the magic.
    12_22_12020_zpsf5f8df26.jpg
    Graphic novels, stickers, and the Batman handbook.
    Absolutely awesome. I got the Superman handbook from my Santa in a previous Secret Santa, so I've really no excuse not to be prepared when I see a super villain robbing a bank with a death ray, freeze ray, immobilizer ray, or really any kind of ray based device.
    12_22_12021_zpsdea5bcb3.jpg
    Not the whole haul...
    Also, posted earlier in this thread, I got a pair of steam games gifted to me, Hero Academy, a turn based strategy game, and The Walking Dead. Also, according to his PMs, there's another thing arriving soon.
    Massive thanks to @Redfield85, this is really awesome stuff.

This was all in the large box on the bottom of the pile. The other three are from the Critical Failures Secret Santa.

see317 on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So I have collected a bunch of pictures off our camera phones, now I just need to black bar the visible addresses, and I'll make a post at some point tomorrow.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

20121221215517.jpg

Orange-flavoured!
    20121221215501.jpg

t santee: Sorry for my extreme tardiness! I'll make sure to ship it this week! [edit: by this week I mean next week >.<]

Glad to see that the whole gift finally got to you! I was worried at this point it wasn't getting to you before Christmas. I was gonna pack some more stuff in but VAT tax was ridiculous on everything. I'm glad you enjoyed everything! The other Phoenix Wright games, especially Trials and Tribulations are pretty great!

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I'm home now and at the address I sent in my original PM! No present has arrived yet and I'm only here til the 30th, let me know if a present is going to arrive later than that!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I'm now at home and *not* at the address that I originally gave. Will check for parcels when I get back on the 2nd.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    My Santa and I are attempting to meet up as he is apparently ridiculously close, but he works weeks and I work a lot of weekends. We're tryin' though!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    GiftGet4b.gif

eYL2G.jpg

D: Man, just when I was expecting this to be finally over, @Mechanical strikes again. Thanks man!
    Impeccable timing, too. Just the other week I was listening to a podcast where they talked about all the Lucasarts adventures. They said that they should've just made Fate of Atlantis into the fourth Indiana Jones film, instead of that flaming turd we got instead. Can't wait to try it!

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

20121221215517.jpg

Orange-flavoured!
    20121221215501.jpg

You are lucky, Terry's Chocolate Oranges are amazing. Ya gotta smash the shit out of em before eating, literally hold the orb in it's wrapper and slam it onto a hard surface. I like throwing em at walls. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MintMint Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    GiftGet4b.gif

OMG OMG!!

Got a packing slip when I got home late friday and picked up the package yesterday!!
    Enter the star of our story... pretty bird ... who had to be convinced to get onto the package by putting his favorite toy in danger.
    dsc01585jc.jpg

now it has been checked for traps its time to open the mystery package
    dsc01587shm.jpg

OH wait a note!!
    dsc01588rg.jpg

It looks like i am really difficult to buy for... well new years resolution to be more active and less lurker -esk...

on to the good stuff!!
    PokeBalls!!!
    dsc01589dd.jpg

the poke balls got put to use straightaway!
    dsc01592ct.jpg
    tossing it at my little sister :)
    dsc01598rn.jpg
    The are so well constructed I love them! i am going to put one everywhere ... in my car ... in my backpack and i'll have to wear one at pax east :)
    so happy with these!!

and last but not least...

A very sweet looking game!!
    dsc01596g.jpg
    I cannot wait to play this!!

my awesome HAUL!!
    dsc01595k.jpgdsc01595k.jpg

Thank you Secret Soviet Santa!

I'll be having good times with the game and the pokeballs!!

Mint on