As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    So remember all the bitching itt about Canada Post a few weeks ago? CP didn't even attempt to deliver a package today. I think my secret santa used Canada Post, so it might, just might be my gift. I can allegedly pick it up tomorrow after 1300 which is horseshit and that and a lack of "attempted to deliver at this time" is pretty much proof this guy pre-filled the forms and played UPS ninja with my shit.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    SANTA! SANTA! I GOT YOUR PARCEL!

I'm eating a sandwich right now. I'll open and take pics in a bit. :D:D:D:D

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I received a message from my Santa (two actually, both through email and through Hypatia) stating that I have one more thing coming, after Christmas! I can't wait!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    My Santee's gift (the one that wasn't lost in the ether) has been delivered, according to UPS!

• Options
    GiftGet4b.gif
    Turtwig Clause is on the case.
    8303804743_4222e57aed.jpg

A package from overseas?! This gave Uncle Phil a heart attack.
    8304852744_e10c0305ca.jpg

A letter to be opened at the end of the gifting.
    8304852338_febd897292.jpg

Holy goose! This gift is layered like a cake.
    8304851924_5217f062c3.jpg

Everything laid out, ready to go. They are labeled one through four (and a bonus!).
    8304851426_09e26d90b6.jpg

YOU ARE NOT A CAT!
    8304850944_cdbbd5e0f0.jpg

Group 1 contains: pocket pencil wrap, 3 nice drawing pens, and a set of 12 inktense pencils.
    8304849856_75c1e22ede.jpg

Group 2 contains: Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection.
    8303800743_f4901d7d37.jpg

8303799903_72c514b4ce_z.jpg

Gruesome photo from inside...
    8304848906_2f3f6bb7ce.jpg

Group 3 contains: The Arrival by Shaun Tan
    8304848056_31ca01bb05.jpg

8303799043_a3d30beeb3_b.jpg

Group 4 contains: My Santa's band?! This is pretty awesome.
    8303798605_79191de415.jpg

Bonus gift from where my Santa lives.
    8303797777_2f9e6e0bd7.jpg

8303797239_22fd656da7.jpg

Oh geez. A fancy letter!
    8304845388_c84b61d6c5.jpg

Larger image to be able to read...
    8303795583_a5aed33c55_b.jpg

8303796393_24e3435081_b.jpg

8304844622_c0b6347c83_b.jpg

Entire haul including Skylanders figure!
    8304843878_b6f1f756fa_z.jpg

And now I have to clean up after this guy.
    8304843562_349abca2a9.jpg

Seriously, this is such a great set of gifts.

I love the pencil wrap. I've always wanted something fancy like that for my drawing utensils. I'll put the pencils and drawing pens to good use.

Both books are fantastic. An actual zombie book I don't have. I am amazed that you found a book I didn't have. It is pretty awesome too. I can't wait to read it. And The Arrival looks incredible. I skimmed through it and I love that fact that there is no text. All artwork. Two great books I would have never found if you hadn't gotten them for me. Thanks so much.

I can't wait to listen to your CD. I found you guys on iTunes and listened to the samples of some songs. I don't know if this offends you, but I got a Jack Johnson vibe (which is great). Like I said, can't wait to listen to this. I love being exposed to new music. What part of the band are you?!

Love the calendar/planner from your hometown. If you live in places like the ones pictured, you live in one fancy place. Haha.

The letter was phenomenal as well.

If I looked up your avatar correctly, then @darleysam is my Santa. Thank you for everything.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    So I finally was able to get the gifts sent. I'm sorry santee: life with a new baby is crazy. To make up for it, I'll send some more stuff after xmas as well.

GiftGet.gif

No worries Santa! I hope your new baby life is going well, gifts have been gotten! Welcomed my Castle Crasher I got from SDCC!

O98yh.jpg

gRRS0.jpg

I have been wanting to read Perks for a very long time, I'm a few years past the "high school" part of my life but I have heard many good things! Tis required reading of my generation I think. Of course, Batman is always good too! I do have a blu-ray player despite being in the cold frozen north. I haven't seen it since the theatre and it was one of my favorite movies this year!

Thank you very @belligerent, these are wonderful gifts. :)

Also, if you do mail anything else message me, I'll give you a more updated address!

Reposted as I got bottom paged and I fixed the images!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hey FedEx! That back door? The one with no number? That is not apartment 1! It's an apartment building, maybe look at the front where there are numbers! What a concept!

I have been waiting impatiently for a poster I had made for my wife. A print of her WoW character I'm giving her for Christmas. I saw FedEx said it had been delivered today, but I didn't see it on my way in. My wife found it on the back porch that belongs to our neighbor.

But wait, next to that.. another box!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w

The cats were uninterested in the box, so no pictures of them.
    box-1_zpsf2ba9074.jpg

GiftGet4b.gif

The rats, especially Hoodrat, were very interested in the mysterious contents! Further proof it could be a head!
    boxopen_zpse090d84e.jpg

A very nicely wrapped head? One that is sweet? This box is weird. Here you can see how excited Hoodrat was about the box, though, since she peed on it. That's Fiona checking it out now.
    boxoutnote_zps1c24db2d.jpg
    insidebox_zpse08c9d14.jpg
    Cookies!

Wait, wait.. holy shit, three pounds of cookies!
    81651_zpscb6c7c7b.jpg

@S-Starwind is a classy classy forumgoer. This awesome looking case of cookies, along with Sleeping Dogs and XCOM? This generosity knows no bounds. Awesome gift. Thank you!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Crazy excited about opening my gift tomorrow. Is the forum doing it's usual festive thing? If so I'll hang fire on the gift get till Wednesday.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    @redfield85 those are some awesome gifts..and a huge Turtwig :shock:
    That zombie book sounds really interesting.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Yea, I plan on reading that zombie book in the next few days.

I won that Turtwig at Dorney Park. Probably the mole bop game. I am a pro.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Crazy excited about opening my gift tomorrow. Is the forum doing it's usual festive thing? If so I'll hang fire on the gift get till Wednesday.

IIRC the mods moved the SS threads over to the christmas forum last year.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    The forum didn't go into lockdown when the Christmas thread appeared last year, did it?

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Wait yeah, now that you mention it I think they skipped lockdown last year, since we were still working out vanilla kinks. I think.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I thought I remember the lockdown happening last year.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    The chocolate ration has been increased to 150 grams per week!

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm putting up a gift get hopefully tomorrow but its from minor incident because HOLY SHIT, ALL MY CHRISTMASES! The parcel arrived this morning too. I am so excited and tired at the same time, its a weird feeling.

• Options
    SOME OF US ARE NOT CONTENT WITH OUR ASSIGNED SANTEES. WE SEEK OUT MORE TO SPREAD OUR INFERNAL CHEER TO.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
  • Options
    I did have 4 Wii U's sitting in my living room at one point (one for me, one for LiLo, and two for relatives for xmas), and I strongly considered making a video like that.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

I woke up this morning to find an exciting e-mail.

5GZsO.jpg

I've heard great things about his game. Thanks santa =D

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Mint wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

OMG OMG!!

Got a packing slip when I got home late friday and picked up the package yesterday!!
    Enter the star of our story... pretty bird ... who had to be convinced to get onto the package by putting his favorite toy in danger.
    dsc01585jc.jpg

now it has been checked for traps its time to open the mystery package
    dsc01587shm.jpg

OH wait a note!!
    dsc01588rg.jpg

It looks like i am really difficult to buy for... well new years resolution to be more active and less lurker -esk...

on to the good stuff!!
    PokeBalls!!!
    dsc01589dd.jpg

the poke balls got put to use straightaway!
    dsc01592ct.jpg
    tossing it at my little sister :)
    dsc01598rn.jpg
    The are so well constructed I love them! i am going to put one everywhere ... in my car ... in my backpack and i'll have to wear one at pax east :)
    so happy with these!!

and last but not least...

A very sweet looking game!!
    dsc01596g.jpg
    I cannot wait to play this!!

my awesome HAUL!!
    dsc01595k.jpgdsc01595k.jpg

Thank you Secret Soviet Santa!

I'll be having good times with the game and the pokeballs!!

You got gifted awesome crafty stuff just like you gifted me awesome crafty stuff. It's a Festivus miracle!! Also, I'm still waiting for you to fill me in on how part of your gift was delivered in person onto my porch Come on, the suspense and terror are killing me.

• Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    Hey guys, just wanted to say - thanks, and Merry Christmas. You all came through at a very hard time for me, and I appreciate it. Streb, you are an awesome Santa, and those folks involved in the amazon/german chocolate extravaganze are absolutely awesome. From my wife and I, thanks, and cheers!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I still think its badass Khoo gave out those statue blanks, and the game usb. Only someone as awesome as Khoo could give sweet swag like that.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    I still think its badass Khoo gave out those statue blanks, and the game usb. Only someone as awesome as Khoo could give sweet swag like that.

You are damn right. :D

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I got a gift!

But since the thread is so close to ending, I'll wait until the next thread to post what I got.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty sure we keep this thread past 100 pages, no? I swear that happened the past few years.

Also, when does the holiday lockdown happen? I thought it happens Xmas eve.

Also also, we opened our gifts tonight. I got all the things.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Ugh. My daughter decided that 4:30 in the morning is the best time to get up for Christmas.
    I did land the Batman trilogy on Blu-ray and the Shelob LotR Lego set, so pretty excited about that.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    GiftGet4b.gif

In addition to two giant bags of pretzel pieces, my Santa has also bestowed upon me the gift of games!
    xcom_zps715c52d5.jpg
    &
    TelltaleTheWalkingDead_zps8bf71a61.jpg

Thanks Santa @The_Spaniard!

EDIT: I just realized/remembered that XCOM fills a bit of a hole in my life. I had commented in the Steam thread that X was the only letter missing from my Steam alphabet. It is now... complete.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/ArcSyn/Secret Santa/GnT Secret Santa 2010/GiftGet4b.gif

Holy shit @Big Isy , holy shit.

Let's recap! First I received a book:

mj9XH.jpg

Awesome!

Next up came some digital gifting:

X-Com (on my projector!):
    qeCfX.jpg

Dead Island:
    Dead_island_PC_packshot.png

Amnesia:
    nextamnesiagame-600x489.jpg

and the THQ bundle!

Then last up came a gift in person:

8296656659_a601b40f5d_z.jpg
    Presenting Big Isy.

The pressie has sat under my tree for the last couple of days, begging to be opened. This morning it was!

8Yt8U.jpg

And what is it?

wmOv8.jpg

Holy shit! Just a bloody PSP Vita!

OeZO0.jpg

Happy Mr_Grinch!!

Thank you Isy, this is utterly amazing!

• Options
    So glad you like it!

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Some extreme classyness there. Well done @Big Isy

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Isy man you're allowed to keep some of your paycheque for yourself!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    merry christmas duders. i guess we're not doing the holiday forum this year?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It would appear not.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif
    Turtwig Clause is on the case.
    8303804743_4222e57aed.jpg

A package from overseas?! This gave Uncle Phil a heart attack.
    8304852744_e10c0305ca.jpg

A letter to be opened at the end of the gifting.
    8304852338_febd897292.jpg

Holy goose! This gift is layered like a cake.
    8304851924_5217f062c3.jpg

Everything laid out, ready to go. They are labeled one through four (and a bonus!).
    8304851426_09e26d90b6.jpg

YOU ARE NOT A CAT!
    8304850944_cdbbd5e0f0.jpg

Group 1 contains: pocket pencil wrap, 3 nice drawing pens, and a set of 12 inktense pencils.
    8304849856_75c1e22ede.jpg

Group 2 contains: Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection.
    8303800743_f4901d7d37.jpg

8303799903_72c514b4ce_z.jpg

Gruesome photo from inside...
    8304848906_2f3f6bb7ce.jpg

Group 3 contains: The Arrival by Shaun Tan
    8304848056_31ca01bb05.jpg

8303799043_a3d30beeb3_b.jpg

Group 4 contains: My Santa's band?! This is pretty awesome.
    8303798605_79191de415.jpg

Bonus gift from where my Santa lives.
    8303797777_2f9e6e0bd7.jpg

8303797239_22fd656da7.jpg

Oh geez. A fancy letter!
    8304845388_c84b61d6c5.jpg

Larger image to be able to read...
    8303795583_a5aed33c55_b.jpg

8303796393_24e3435081_b.jpg

8304844622_c0b6347c83_b.jpg

Entire haul including Skylanders figure!
    8304843878_b6f1f756fa_z.jpg

And now I have to clean up after this guy.
    8304843562_349abca2a9.jpg

Seriously, this is such a great set of gifts.

I love the pencil wrap. I've always wanted something fancy like that for my drawing utensils. I'll put the pencils and drawing pens to good use.

Both books are fantastic. An actual zombie book I don't have. I am amazed that you found a book I didn't have. It is pretty awesome too. I can't wait to read it. And The Arrival looks incredible. I skimmed through it and I love that fact that there is no text. All artwork. Two great books I would have never found if you hadn't gotten them for me. Thanks so much.

I can't wait to listen to your CD. I found you guys on iTunes and listened to the samples of some songs. I don't know if this offends you, but I got a Jack Johnson vibe (which is great). Like I said, can't wait to listen to this. I love being exposed to new music. What part of the band are you?!

Love the calendar/planner from your hometown. If you live in places like the ones pictured, you live in one fancy place. Haha.

The letter was phenomenal as well.

If I looked up your avatar correctly, then @darleysam is my Santa. Thank you for everything.

You are correct, sir! I'm so pleased it got there in time, I was certain it'd be after Christmas. I probably could've sent it a couple of days earlier if I hadn't made a last-minute decision to rewrite The Raven... but I'm glad it was worth it :) I'm not at all offended by the comparison to Jack Johnson, he's been a pretty big influence on us since the start. I was super worried that you had either of those books, since they seemed right up your street and that meant you could already have them. Since that's not the case, I'm psyched that it worked out :) I got Zombies a couple of Christmases ago and loved it to bits, and The Arrival is just something anyone with an appreciation of art and storytelling needs to read. So thank you for being a great Santee, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! And thanks again to @Nitsua for being an outstanding Santee and completing my link in the chain :) Merry Christmas to both of you, you excellent people.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    In relation to the last post, I'm treating myself to a 16gb Vita Memory Card for my birthday (the 28th). I want to load this baby up with stuff :)

• Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    In relation to the last post, I'm treating myself to a 16gb Vita Memory Card for my birthday (the 28th). I want to load this baby up with stuff :)

Post-Christmas birthday solidarity bro-fist! (December 27th here)

• Options
    My nephews 4th birthday is on the 27th too. I have not gotten a gift yet, he'll have to wait til next month :lol:

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    I got my gift Santa! You are most excellent and I love my present! I have limited computer access atm, but I will put up a proper Gift Get with pictures when I am able!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Well I can't wait long enough for the next thread so...

GiftGet4b.gif

So yesterday evening I checked my e-mail and found this:

Zohvw.png

GOG.com games! Thank you so much! I actually have the CDs for Planescape Torment but have only played the first part of it. With the GOG.com release I'll definitely try to play more of it, along with the rest of the games. All the other games I don't own but have been curious to try out especially Magic Carpet. I've heard far too much good stuff about it to ignore it!

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone! I can't wait 'til the Christmas Hangout opens up.
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    merry christmas duders. i guess we're not doing the holiday forum this year?
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    It would appear not.

Negative_man.jpg

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg