As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM | Christmas is over; you may resume buying solely for yourself.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    X-Com for $17.50 on Greenmangaming with code:

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Enjoy!

That is super damn tempting.

That is super super damn tempting.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    1. Do those GMG codes work with anything and/or are they single use?
    2. Didn't somebody mention that GMG was going to discount XCOM Slingshot today?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So I get FTL gifted to me by @Projectmayhem (classy gent he is) and while I'm in the middle of it, @Khildith sends me a code for Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition. So much classiness I can't keep up. At the moment my heart is racing cause of this:
    [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/10991425471 81868133/BA27D253518C654B9D6BB62B5B14D5E88FFD33D1/[/img]

well done!

Here's my first win, from (apparently) last month:
    5978CF31FBDCC3A153C15BEE9B63BEED18B50BF5
    It's captioned, "Die, you son of a bitch."

1. I have no idea how you got enough scrap for 4 Shields AND all those weapons AND all that Engine AND all the power needed for it all...

This. I suck balls at this game and have to resort to cheating to get all that stuff. Even with all that stuff, I still suck!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    jclast wrote: »
    1. Do those GMG codes work with anything and/or are they single use?

They work with most any item in the store unless it is explicitly listed as not being compatible with vouchers. It *seems* you can use the 30% code as much as you want, though I want to say only one one item per "basket" as I earlier tried putting DS2 and Binary Domain together and it always defaulted to only discounting the more expensive game, even though I've used the code several times this sale.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks to the ever classy @Shogun for Bully Scholarship Edition!

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    phekno wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So I get FTL gifted to me by @Projectmayhem (classy gent he is) and while I'm in the middle of it, @Khildith sends me a code for Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition. So much classiness I can't keep up. At the moment my heart is racing cause of this:
    [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/10 991425471 81868133/BA27D253518C654B9D6BB62B5B14D5E88FFD33D1/[/img]

well done!

Here's my first win, from (apparently) last month:
    [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560959774303821987/5978 CF31FBDCC3A153C15BEE9B63BEED18B50BF5/[/img]
    It's captioned, "Die, you son of a bitch."

1. I have no idea how you got enough scrap for 4 Shields AND all those weapons AND all that Engine AND all the power needed for it all...

This. I suck balls at this game and have to resort to cheating to get all that stuff. Even with all that stuff, I still suck!
    Learn to love the teleporter. Killing the crew gives more scrap than blowing the ship up.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Enjoy!

This is the Steam thread. No one should be posting, supporting or evening whispering seductively about non-Steam deals. Especially tempting ones...wonderfully...tempting...stupidly awesome ones... :)

It's a Steam Key. Close Enough.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Enjoy!

This is the Steam thread. No one should be posting, supporting or evening whispering seductively about non-Steam deals. Especially tempting ones...wonderfully...tempting...stupidly awesome ones... :)

It's a Steam Key. Close Enough.

Nope - if it tempts me personally, it shall not be posted (I was kidding, I totally appreciate all the cross-posted deals).

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    As a newly recent XCom owner, I love it more than I thought I would.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have a question about big picture mode. On steam I have it set so videos do not auto play. I hate auto play, it irritates me all out of proportion to the situation at hand. However, if I am in big picture mode the and choose to visit the store page for a game I own, the damn videos auto play! Not only do they auto play, there seems to be no way to stop them! Haaaaaaaaate. Am I missing a simple setting, a button, something. I don't want this to happen!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

It's funny (and I hope this is ok to discuss as the statute of limitations should be way past us at this point). I lived on an island growing up and a friend of mine on the "mainland" and I used to swap games despite the warnings that we shouldn't copy that floppy.

Two of the games he introduced me to via blue, hand labelled 3.5" discs were Quest for Glory 2 and X-com. I still remember how devastated I was when disc 2 of that stopped reading. Isn't it weird the games that stick with us like that? I was super excited to see that you could still get the original digitally. I repaid the favor with a copy of Epic Pinball (the full version, I was a big spender) and Sam & Max.

• Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular

Thanks. Thanks a lot!

I just told my wife, "No, I have enough games to play." And, "I'm sure these games will go on sale again in the future."

There is a special place in gamer hell reserved for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Some Humble Bundle keys, let me know when they're used and I'll edit this post.

Dungeon Defenders Complete = 850ER-5RXL3-0P2VP

Reposting for the new page. Fun game, comes with all the DLC too.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

It's funny (and I hope this is ok to discuss as the statute of limitations should be way past us at this point). I lived on an island growing up and a friend of mine on the "mainland" and I used to swap games despite the warnings that we shouldn't copy that floppy.

Two of the games he introduced me to via blue, hand labelled 3.5" discs were Quest for Glory 2 and X-com. I still remember how devastated I was when disc 2 of that stopped reading. Isn't it weird the games that stick with us like that? I was super excited to see that you could still get the original digitally. I repaid the favor with a copy of Epic Pinball (the full version, I was a big spender) and Sam & Max.

Once upon a time, my best friend (who remains so to this day) excitedly picked up disk 2 of Space Quest II, and said, "Look, <Tamin>, it sticks!" and happily stuck a magnet to it.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    That Dungeon Defenders code was used by someone by the way.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    phekno wrote: »

Thanks. Thanks a lot!

I just told my wife, "No, I have enough games to play." And, "I'm sure these games will go on sale again in the future."

There is a special place in gamer hell reserved for me.

Houn: Fucking sales.

Houn's Wife: What now?

Houn: GMG has XCom on sale for like $17.

Houn's Wife: That's not bad. How much is it normally?

Houn: $50.

Houn's Wife: ...buy it.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular

I hear you. I still know more about games I haven't played in 10 years than I do my mothers birthday.

I loved Quest for Glory.

But Xcom...You can also use it as a tool to save earth (or die trying) for the people who gifted you.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116346827
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116346722

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I own (and haven't beaten) New Vegas (last save from early 2011 has me at 60 hours). Is it worth it to get the 20 buck Ultimate Edition, or cheaper to get the DLC that's actually good? I'm avoiding reviews since I don't want to be potentially spoiled on the main game.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Huge thanks to all these guys for the gifts they sent, and I'm sorry for not thanking all of you earlier:

@IvanIssacs for the Earth Defence Force Aerialist Munitions Package!
    @Viking for They Bleed Pixels!
    @AerynKelly for Deadlight!
    @CanadianWolverine for Tidalis!
    @Triple B for Assassin's Creed 2!

You guys are all straight up awesome.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    @cardboard delusions is truly amazing, I woke up this morning to discover Bioshock Infinite had been gifted to me.
    I have no words.... Thank you

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Just played Thirty Flights of Loving and Gravity Bone. Thirty Flights of Loving...wasn't quite as good as I expected it to be? Gravity Bone was pretty cool, though. This is probably just because it was the "gamier" of the two.

Both games sort of imply that lots of "game-y" stuff is going to happen, but then subvert that by skipping around in time.

Gravity Bone sets itself up as having lots of missions that you will eventually go through, and a scoring system, etc., but really there's just the two missions.

Thirty Flights of Loving sets up the whole heist movie thing, but then skips most of the actual heist part.

I enjoy them mostly for the art style, music and general sensibility on display. Obviously they're pretty low on gameplay and mechanics.

The thing I love about Thirty Flights is the range of the experience. I enjoyed Dear Esther for what it was when I allowed myself to step outside of my reasoning and immerse myself. Even though certain mechanics of Dear Esther are counter immersive, like the general trudging along. The narration in it is kind of one-note over the top melodrama as well, which isn't for everyone. Personally I loved the self indulgent tone of the whole thing.

Thirty Flights of Loving gives me a far greater range of emotion in a much more engaging manner on every level. Gravity Bone is great too.

I think stripping out the game while still keeping the hint of mechanics around the edges makes Thirty Flights the superior story-experiencing-device-thing. I think I'll go play it again.

Drake on
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Enjoy!

BUY IT!

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular

It is Giant Bomb's GOTY!

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Just played Thirty Flights of Loving and Gravity Bone. Thirty Flights of Loving...wasn't quite as good as I expected it to be? Gravity Bone was pretty cool, though. This is probably just because it was the "gamier" of the two.

Both games sort of imply that lots of "game-y" stuff is going to happen, but then subvert that by skipping around in time.

Gravity Bone sets itself up as having lots of missions that you will eventually go through, and a scoring system, etc., but really there's just the two missions.

Thirty Flights of Loving sets up the whole heist movie thing, but then skips most of the actual heist part.

I enjoy them mostly for the art style, music and general sensibility on display. Obviously they're pretty low on gameplay and mechanics.

The thing I love about Thirty Flights is the range of the experience. I enjoyed Dear Esther for what it was when I allowed myself to step outside of my reasoning and immerse myself. Even though certain mechanics of Dear Esther are counter immersive, like the general trudging along. The narration in it is kind of one-note over the top melodrama as well, which isn't for everyone. Personally I loved the self indulgent tone of the whole thing.

Thirty Flights of Loving gives me a far greater range of emotion in a much more engaging manner on every level. Gravity Bone is great too.

I think stripping out the game while still keeping the hint of mechanics around the edges makes Thirty Flights the superior story-experiencing-device-thing. I think I'll go play it again.

I liked Dear Esther for a lot of the same reasons. These are games that you kind of have to suspend your expectations and just see what they're showing you. A lot of people aren't prepared to do that, which is valid, but makes those types of games really hard to swallow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I own (and haven't beaten) New Vegas (last save from early 2011 has me at 60 hours). Is it worth it to get the 20 buck Ultimate Edition, or cheaper to get the DLC that's actually good? I'm avoiding reviews since I don't want to be potentially spoiled on the main game.

New Vegas has some really good DLC's, particularly Old World Blues, but IMO they're all good for various reasons and distinct enough to warrant playing all of them. The Ultimate Edition has gone on sale for $10 before, so I wouldn't pay $20 for it atm (though it is more than worth it). I'd wait and see if it goes on sale again.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if there is any dlc missing from the Civ V Goty?

Other than Gods & Kings. My google fu fails me on this.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Damn, I'm getting hammered by class today. @Fig-D just gave me FTL. Thank you!

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Looks like amazon is adding some more games to the Editor's choice collection:

1/1-1/2:

The Secret World - $17.99

1/1-1/5:

Mass Effect Trilogy - 29.99
    Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - 14.99
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 26.99
    Mass Effect 3 - 14.99
    Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - 19.99
    Battlefield 3: Premium Edition - 35.99
    Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition - 29.99
    FIFA Soccer 13 - 19.99
    FIFA Manager 13 - 19.99
    Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection - 29.99

If you have the $5 off promo, it will apply to these games.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Grats to @Shade!

Didn't feel like setting up another 24 Hour After Christmas thing on Steamgifts, so @BrocksMullet wins "giveaway" number 4! My regular schedule shall resume tomorrow.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    I am hoping for a FarCry 3 sale, but that probably won't happen. Unless I have missed the small window for FC3 sales. I'm not happy about the Ubisoft-ness, but it sounds like FarCry 2 with all of the issues fixed and more exciting stuff added.

Or, since The Walking Dead was awesome (and is one of the games in my giveaway) and Jurassic Park has dinosaurs, a Telltale JP sale (otherwise I'll grab it at 50% on January 5th).
    I've heard nothing but bad things about Telltale's Jurassic Park game. From what I played of it, it was essentially "Quick-Time Event: The Game" with absolutly none of the elements that makes Walking Dead good.

This is good to know. I was disappointed that they missed the whole point of the shaving cream can being buried signifying the dominance of nature over man's ambition...and I was almost lured in by the dinosaurs alone.

Speaking of dinosaurs, I don't post ridiculously often so my hidden sig link probably isn't generating much interest, so I'm not sure how to let people know about my giveaway"] more openly and I am surprised at the lack of explosions or zombies + dinosaurs. Lots of love for Spec Ops and FTL (probably because they don't involve in-depth work. I'm also wondering about the fancy graphics I see people with with their giveaways, which are probably related to that other site.

• Options
    Krummith wrote: »
    Looks like amazon is adding some more games to the Editor's choice collection:

1/1-1/2:

The Secret World - $17.99

1/1-1/5:

Mass Effect Trilogy - 29.99
    Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - 14.99
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 26.99
    Mass Effect 3 - 14.99
    Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - 19.99
    Battlefield 3: Premium Edition - 35.99
    Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition - 29.99
    FIFA Soccer 13 - 19.99
    FIFA Manager 13 - 19.99
    Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection - 29.99

If you have the $5 off promo, it will apply to these games.

FECAL MATTER.

I could have waited a week on Kingdoms of Amalur. Its pretty good actually! I'm kinda disappointing in myself for poo-pooing it when it came out based on the demo.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

I think its missing Korea, and maybe something else. I know I got the GOTY a while ago and it didnt come with Korea.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    According to Google the GOTY doesn't include Korea or the Wonders of the Ancient World pack

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

From poking around on the Steam page, it seems like the Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World DLCs are missing, and they're conveniently in a two-pack for 1.24 right now. I have no idea why 2K would keep any of the DLC out of the GOTY edition, but there you go.

bobwoco on
    Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Are the DLC in the AssRev Gold edition worth it?

Help me with your wisdom, Steam thread.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

BUY
    BUY
    BUY
    I have no actual productive input for your question, but do you expect to hear something else from this thread?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    übergeek wrote: »
    Al Baron wrote: »
    signature.png

And @ubergeek and @Masume take the gold.

Thanks! I do have half a minute here and there. It will be my mini Skyrim.

Big thanks to @AIBaron from me as well! That's about the same amount of time I have to work with for RPG's. ;)

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

BUY
    BUY
    BUY
    I have no actual productive input for your question, but do you expect to hear something else from this thread?

Well, I'm getting AssRev, that's for sure :P

Just wondering if normal or gold edition.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Earlier today someone offered up a spare copy of Mark of the Ninja.
    I offered to hump that person's leg.
    I'm not sure who that was. But @Kilnaga came and gifted me the game.
    And so, Kilnaga, pick a leg. 1,2,or would you like both?
    Also you get to pick the accompanying lighting and music.

• Options
    edited December 2012

AssRev may not be my favorite of the Ass series, The Lost Archive was pretty decent DLC. And buying the Gold Edition is cheaper than buying AssRev and that one DLC separately.

EDIT: Turns out my math is horrible and the difference is a) only one cent and b) in favor of separate purchases. But I'm the type of asshole who would spend that one cent so my game could say GOLD next to it.

Fig-D on
This discussion has been closed.