As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    SECRET SANTA EPILOG: So @aioua definitely made me work for my bounty of gifts, with a crazy code it took a village to solve, an embedded code in an image, perilous underground mining in Minecraft, many, many ship explosions in FTL, a chess puzzle and, finally, an incomplete QR code. It turns out the solution to the QR code involved using the position of the chess pieces in the solved puzzle to recreate the pixels. Very clever. Here's the web link embedded in the code I'm posting for all to see:

goo.gl/QMET

Well played, aioua. :P

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    I was so sure that it was going to say "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." :P

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Well played indeed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Ooooo, I've been proxied!!! Something is flying across the Atlantic and should be with me soon!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Haha that is amazing! Well played, @Aioua!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @cloudeagle

WOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOP
    rA5mT.gif
    WOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOP

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That's lovely. I had my Santee send me a recipe for deviled eggs for no reason whatsoever. Well, I asked for a recipe using paprika. He made the leap to deviled eggs. It was amusing for me, mainly. And that's what's important in the end.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    SECRET SANTA EPILOG: So @aioua definitely made me work for my bounty of gifts, with a crazy code it took a village to solve, an embedded code in an image, perilous underground mining in Minecraft, many, many ship explosions in FTL, a chess puzzle and, finally, an incomplete QR code. It turns out the solution to the QR code involved using the position of the chess pieces in the solved puzzle to recreate the pixels. Very clever. Here's the web link embedded in the code I'm posting for all to see:

goo.gl/QMET

As they say, it's all about the journey.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's lovely. I had my Santee send me a recipe for deviled eggs for no reason whatsoever. Well, I asked for a recipe using paprika. He made the leap to deviled eggs. It was amusing for me, mainly. And that's what's important in the end.

To really activate the flavor of paprika, you want to heat it in oil. I use it in stir fry with peppers, onions, and zucchini. Stir fry those veggies together, and serve them over a small bed of brown rice.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    I'll be traveling for a week starting Monday, so just in case this is all over by time I get back I wanted to say thanks again to my awesome Santa @Elkatas and awesome Santee @Turkey! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and I can't wait for the G&TSS 2013!

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

goo.gl/QMET

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that time and work and that is simply perfect.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hahaha. So pissed.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Asiina wrote: »
    After it sitting under my tree for weeks, I finally opened my present.
    GiftGet4b.gif

First of course I forced my cats to pose with the box. They were less than impressed.
    BvLc2.jpg
    tLAjV.jpg

So I guess I'll just open it
    Pae4Y.jpg

Awesome! I have the base game, but none of the expansions, so this will go really well. Dominion is great for coming up with insane card combos.

And of course now that the box is empty...
    8uZ1X.jpg

*sigh*

Thanks Blackbeard7

I'm glad you like it! The shipping gods deemed it that I could not ship to you my original idea via any means known to man, so I'm happy this worked out too.

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Was it a human hand? I'm pretty sure you can't ship those

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Was it a human hand? I'm pretty sure you can't ship those

Nah, there's no problem with shipping limbs, you just have to add the word "Novelty" in front of it on the forms.
    Pretty sure you could ship just about anything that way.

• Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,
    I am back home - if you intended to send a package, it has not arrived. Please contact me if you need anything from me.

davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Forgive me Santa. This is long overdue!

Chandler clearly does not trust me, or the strange box I have placed near her.
    [img][/img]2012-12-24_14-16-12_21_zps0e94e569.jpg

A beautiful blue box!
    [img][/img]2012-12-24_14-17-11_415_zpsef4eff3a.jpg

I am ashamed to admit that even with this super clear hint smacking in my face...I had no idea what was behind the wrapping paper.
    [img][/img]2012-12-24_14-17-37_119_zps08e9ea02.jpg

Ah! Of course! I only play Starcraft...so what else could it have been? This is wonderful! Now I can bm my friends and family in person!
    [img][/img]2012-12-24_14-18-30_509_zps58d26494.jpg

Thank you so much @mxmarks ! Sorry i took so long to post this. :oops:

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Santa has given the wife a tracking number.

Christmas to come in 2013.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    GIFT RECEIVED.

Alas, I must go to work. Pictures have been taken and I am in AWE. In addition to a boatload of awesome Steam Gifts, my santa got me a handcafted AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME thing, and a huuuge box of chocolate. Oh, and some cat toys that my cat is now desperately trying to annihilate. PICS TO COME but THANK YOU SO MUCH @12gauge

• Options
    edited December 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    GIFT RECEIVED.

Alas, I must go to work. Pictures have been taken and I am in AWE. In addition to a boatload of awesome Steam Gifts, my santa got me a handcafted AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME thing, and a huuuge box of chocolate. Oh, and some cat toys that my cat is now desperately trying to annihilate. PICS TO COME but THANK YOU SO MUCH @12gauge

Haha, great that it got to you in reasonable time - and good to know that the tracking is worth nothing. :D

Happy New Year!

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, stopped by the post office today. Still nothing. No messages, e-mails, tracking numbers, nothin' from my Secret Santa.
    I hate to say it, but I think I've been scrooged.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Entriech wrote: »
    So, stopped by the post office today. Still nothing. No messages, e-mails, tracking numbers, nothin' from my Secret Santa.
    I hate to say it, but I think I've been scrooged.

This is my boat. Well except I haven't been home yet today.

EDIT: Scratch that, I have been proxied, christmas is still on it's way for me, and all is well with the world.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    @Entriech I'm sorry to hear that, I've been deadbeated before, so I know how it feels :( The upside is Easter Bunnies are awesome!

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    GiftGet4b.gif

Wife informed me that gifts had arrived!

I have no pets but I figured Cubebot could help me out with the unwrapping.
    img0955l.jpg

Two packages! Cubebot is happy about where this is going. Let's check out the first one!

img0956pl.jpg
    img0957ek.jpg

YOU SLY DOG! You got me the Mass Effect Trilogy! Complete with autographs from what I assume is the dev team! This is amazing. I can't believe it. So so so so happy right now.

What's in the next package?

img0958nj.jpg

SON OF A BEE STING! What have you done!? I was thinking to myself "Yeah I'll take it nice and slow into the Mass Effect universe" and what do you do? You push me into the deep end my friend! Several Mass Effect comics and a novel. Not in the picture is a car decal with the N7 logo, also a NHL arcade voucher for PS3. The Mass Effect skin for iPhone is awesome, and a book all about Pokémon. I love it!

Upon closer inspection:

img0960s.jpg

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS! You got them to sign the Art book too?!
    This is the best Christmas ever!

I want to scream your name from the mountains.. however there is no name.. :(

How can I properly thank you?!

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Who on the forums works at Bioware? Who still browses here, of course.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Wife informed me that gifts had arrived!

I have no pets but I figured Cubebot could help me out with the unwrapping.
    img0955l.jpg

Two packages! Cubebot is happy about where this is going. Let's check out the first one!

img0956pl.jpg
    img0957ek.jpg

YOU SLY DOG! You got me the Mass Effect Trilogy! Complete with autographs from what I assume is the dev team! This is amazing. I can't believe it. So so so so happy right now.

What's in the next package?

img0958nj.jpg

SON OF A BEE STING! What have you done!? I was thinking to myself "Yeah I'll take it nice and slow into the Mass Effect universe" and what do you do? You push me into the deep end my friend! Several Mass Effect comics and a novel. Not in the picture is a car decal with the N7 logo, also a NHL arcade voucher for PS3. The Mass Effect skin for iPhone is awesome, and a book all about Pokémon. I love it!

Upon closer inspection:

img0960s.jpg

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS! You got them to sign the Art book too?!
    This is the best Christmas ever!

I want to scream your name from the mountains.. however there is no name.. :(

How can I properly thank you?!

HO. LEE. CRAP. It's a good thing I don't know your real address because I would definitely be breaking into your house to steal that haul. That is AWESOME!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Happy New Year, everyone! Well, it is in England!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Who on the forums works at Bioware? Who still browses here, of course.

@vsove would be my guess.

Edit: nope, he didn't take part this year according to the OP.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Vendal Thornheart also works there, but I don't think he took part either.

• Options
    GiftGet4b.gif

Many MANY thanks to @12gauge for an awesome gift! Check all this craziness out!

Xcom, I wonder?
    MeAQ7.jpg

Roland the cat pounces on his toys immediately. I have some mice that are like the little rope mice but mine were made out of fuzz and cardboard and he soundly removed their heads. These are MUCH sturdier though and will vex him for quite a while. He says thank you! And what's that?!
    gwiT1.jpg

A MOTHERFUCKING CHRYSSALID GUARDING MOTHERFUCKING KINDER EGGS?!
    G320F.jpg

One of my favorite unavailable-where-I-live treats and a badass pixel/bead chryssalid thing? I cannot be more in love with this thing. It's amazing. @12gauge for CLASSIEST OF LADS

ALL MY THANKS!

• Options
    What is that made out of? It looks awesome!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I love this thread, and I have to make it a point to participate next year.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I love this thread, and I have to make it a point to participate next year.

You better. Or we'll kick your ass.

(Because the meaning of Christmas is intimidation and peer pressure)

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It's a thick sheet of plastic with little multicolored beads on it. @12gauge what are these? I want to make one too! This is so cool.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Perler Beads. You can find them in craft stores like Michael's in the US.

If you have a SHIT TON of time you can make awesome stuff like this guy does: http://www.atimewellwasted.com/

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Happy New Year, you peanutheads.

At this point, if you haven't received anything, you should probably fire a PM off to Hypatia. If you mailed something recently and your Santee has yet to respond, then I suggest grabbing receipts, tracking numbers, and whatever proof you have that belated holiday joy is en route. If you haven't sent shit yet, then you gotta a lotta 'splainin' to do. Grovel appropriately, send something a damn good gift ASAP, and you may yet escape Yuletide wrath. No guarantees, however! Whatever a your situation, I suggest sending your Santee a PM to let him or her know what is up. It ain't Christmas no more, and we're done with reindeer games. Get those gifts out.

If you are a Santee and remain giftless with any recent word from your Santa, then send Hypatia a PM too. Mail might be a bit slow due to holiday traffic, so wait a day or two if you Santa contacted you a some point last week.

Let's wrap this up in a timely fashion, people.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Perler beads are awesome. I spent some time making sprites out of them but got out of it and haven't made any in awhile. They work really well for making sprites though. It's just kind of hard to get the colors exactly right. You always need certain colors, especially black.

Here's some of the ones I made if anybody wants to see.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I finished the Amazing Spiderman @urahonky! out crashed so much but it's a testament to how fun it is that I managed to complete it! They did a crazy good job with the story keeping it set after the events of the film. Thanks again mate!

Also, I am so glad you're enjoying your gift @mr_grinch! Have you let the missus have a go on Uncharted yet? :p

I gotta delay the purchase of my own vita a bit due to needing a new phone and a few other things but rest assured, we'll be multiplaying soon enough!

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It's a thick sheet of plastic with little multicolored beads on it. @12gauge what are these? I want to make one too! This is so cool.

@Sniperguy - here is a link to a US site - http://www.pixelhobby-usa.com/

They are excellent for 8-bit stuff (if you want to do an exact replication).

davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    I was going to say, they didn't look like Perler beads that my kids use, because they are round and have holes in them.

That pixelhobby site looks awesome though! Might have to use that for a few fun projects.

4dm3dwuxq302.png