As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: Time's up. Only one deadbeat! Come help send gifts to @Franko

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    oh please you are the most unvikingest viking since Wimble :P

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anyway, I should probably try more beers.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Jeez, you refrain from pillage and rape for 30 years and you lose all street cred around here.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    ah I was just joking. Nothing wrong with not liking beers imo

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    Yeah man. I'm crossing my fingers about going to the camp meet this summer and I'm hoping to meet as many of you fine upstanding gentlefolk as possible. If I can swing it, I'll probably do some backpacking around then, too.

Yesssssss

• Options
    Tef wrote: »
    ah I was just joking. Nothing wrong with not liking beers imo

Oh I know there's not, I'm just also aware that I haven't tried many beers, and that there is such a variety that there's probably something I like in there.

I mean, no harm in trying new things. Except to my liver, if I do it excessively.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh yeah, I got another gift in the mail today from the always awesome @Virgil_Leads_You

A wrap warmer thingy for my beer so it stays the proper temperature during the fermentation process.

He's now even more of a boss if that is possible.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    There were a lot less poor people and grotesques at the post office today, so I consider this run of Secret Satans to be a thorough success!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    edit: terrible post ahead, so spoilered, but there's no point editing it out since it's been quoted and I DID say these things so I gotta own them :(
    So I know it is uncool to complain about what you get, and I totally agree with that, but isn't there a rule about just sending a crappy gift to avoid a ban?

Cuz Blake would never say so, but I think his gift being a $2 piece of impersonal plastic was kinda sad. Not that the price matters, because there have been amazing gifts that cost less than that, too, but it also feels like very little thought was put in. I was hoping it would turn out to be a joke or something, so i waited a while before saying something. Maybe I'm being offended FOR him, but I dunno.

I feel lame for making this post, to be fair. But I dunno. I can't tell if I am reacting as a girlfriend or a fair-thinking person.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I feel lame for making this post, to be fair. But I dunno. I can't tell if I am reacting as a girlfriend or a fair-thinking person.

I wouldn't feel especially lame about it, but from here it feels like a lot of your reaction is as a girlfriend rather than an objective observer.

I would presume, for now, that since Blake's satan has not been revealed that they might just be struggling with money immediately post-Christmas, and finding shipping to Aus a bit tricky to swing along with good gifts, so they sent something quick and light to keep within the rules while they work on something better. Hell maybe they're even working on making something and it's just taking a while.

MAYBE IT'S @SHERI AND SHE'S CROCHETING HIM A CLIMBING HARNESS?! How cool would that be?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    See that sounds like a definite possibility. Thanks, @Fyndir. I guess it was just confusing because there was no note or anything with the gift.

If that's actually the case I would like to ask Blake's Satan to pretty pretty please get in touch with me because I just bought Blake's birthday presents and I am worried about potential overlap. Or, if you need help, I am happy to assist!

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    So I know it is uncool to complain about what you get, and I totally agree with that, but isn't there a rule about just sending a crappy gift to avoid a ban?

Cuz Blake would never say so, but I think his gift being a $2 piece of impersonal plastic was kinda sad. Not that the price matters, because there have been amazing gifts that cost less than that, too, but it also feels like very little thought was put in. I was hoping it would turn out to be a joke or something, so i waited a while before saying something. Maybe I'm being offended FOR him, but I dunno.

I agree, it's completely lazy and a huge dick move. Blake will not go un-actual gifted.

I think that everyone who is currently keeping their identity unknown should reveal themselves so the only one with a hidden identity is that shit person, this way we can figure out who it is and ridicule them all year long.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well hey I ain't saying LYNCH anyone because that's not necessary. I am just saying that it's a bit disheartening at the moment is all.

I am happy to hold out hope for a while yet. The Satan can just contact me via PM and we can sort something out.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

I wouldn't feel especially lame about it, but from here it feels like a lot of your reaction is as a girlfriend rather than an objective observer.

I would presume, for now, that since Blake's satan has not been revealed that they might just be struggling with money immediately post-Christmas, and finding shipping to Aus a bit tricky to swing along with good gifts, so they sent something quick and light to keep within the rules while they work on something better. Hell maybe they're even working on making something and it's just taking a while.

MAYBE IT'S @SHERI AND SHE'S CROCHETING HIM A CLIMBING HARNESS?! How cool would that be?

I already sent something to @Theidar sorry!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    While I appreciate the sentiment whatever happens happens and I'm not going to get that upset over it. And I would far rather give them the chance to hit the deadline rather than make a big fuss before it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hey do you want to have your own little game of National Treasure?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

Not liking a gift, thinking it's sad and disappointing, is totally reasonable, but being offended might be a bit much for just getting kitschy junk in a secret gift exchange. Calling them out publicly kinda comes off as greedy; I'm not sure what other personal restitution than shameful purchases would rectify your concerns. A rule, maybe? I'm not sure I'd be a fan of the spirit of such a rule.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I love how many books I got from nice people this year

My (still a mystery) Satan and WAH and Caulk Bite and Stale and BEAST! are the best people in ever

Sorry other people who aren't the best

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I love how many books I got from nice people this year

My (still a mystery) Satan and WAH and Caulk Bite and Stale and BEAST! are the best people in ever

Sorry other people who aren't the best

I know who your Satan is

:bz

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I KNOW AND IT'S KILLING ME

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Is that the real reason you've been texting me so much?

Buttering me up so I'll spill all the goods!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Is that the real reason you've been texting me so much?

Buttering me up so I'll spill all the goods!

Hot.

• Options
    hot buttered Sass

Nah the real reason is boredom due to unemployment and lack of desire to work on my resume

Oh hey wait that's what I'm doing right now, too

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    You say the sweetest things.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    LIVE NUDE BUTTER WRESTLING

LOST SALIENT vs. SASSORI IN A FIGHT TO THE DEATH

• Options
    I mean the only problem for me would be butter in awkward spots.

Well, that and a deep fear of titty twisters.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    being disappointed with a gift is fine.

Calling out for their name so that they can be publicly mocked for their choice in gift is absolutely not okay. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think it is a good idea to want to verbally abuse someone for their choice in present in a internet gift exchange?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Hey so how bout that holiday spirit eh?

Ho ho ho bitches

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I mean the only problem for me would be butter in awkward spots.

Well, that and a deep fear of titty twisters.

But the butter would render that course of attack unusable

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My satanee is still going to get more things, but to be honest thanks to moving craziness it's not going to be the thing I planned (which makes me VERY sad), and it will probably be sent next week. It will still be hand-made things, just different kinds of hand-made things. There is an off-chance it will arrive after the deadline, depending on shipping and so forth.

She will still get the planned thing when it's finished of course, it's just that the pace on it is crazy slower than I thought it would be and the time I've had available is crazy less than I thought it would be and it will probably be about in time for the next secret satans. :P

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    I'll only be really disappointed if I don't get anything. And really even, then, whatevs! I know I got my person some cool stuff, at least, and that's enough for me.
    Though that's not to say I dislike receiving stuff. I am materialist as fuck.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I got paid this morning so I am going to be purchasing the last of my gifts for @Sara Lynn tonight, finishing them over the weekend, and shipping them directly.
    Shipping might take a while, and i couldn't afford to get everything I wanted to, but I'm happy with it on the whole and I'm glad I sent a hold over gift.

• Options
    If this proves to be some kind of record for deadbeat Satans I'm going to be so disappointed you guys.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    There's still three gifts to not-satanees from me to go.

If a bunch of folk get stiffed, I'll be first in line to help make amends, anyway.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Legba wrote: »
    If this proves to be some kind of record for deadbeat Satans I'm going to be so disappointed you guys.

Nah, I'm sure it'll be like the other years where some people are just hell of late. There'll probably be a couple deadbeats but shit happens.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    People always pick up the slack, too.
    The worst thing to come out of deadbeat satans is the waiting, and a ban that could have easily been avoided by not being a shitheel.

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'll only be really disappointed if I don't get anything. And really even, then, whatevs! I know I got my person some cool stuff, at least, and that's enough for me.

Definitely. The best part is right after you send it out and you can't wait for your Satanee to get it.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    I'm still waitin'
    not much else to say
    but I have confidence :)

• Options
    Franko wrote: »
    I'm still waitin'
    not much else to say
    but I have confidence :)

http://youtu.be/aJ7E7kJlZMI

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Satanee you're gonna get my package in the mail sometime next week. Be gentle, FedEx!

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357