Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Phallian [Phalla] - Game Over: GOOD GUY VICTORY!!

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    We were all like "wtf, this makes no sense, he has to know I'm the role recycler." And you did. And I died.

You told me you couldn't die by bad guy kills. So we left you alone. At some point, we just decided it's impossible you didn't get seered yet, so we figured it would be a fine target. How else could we kill you? Voting for you would be a great way to ask for death in return.

• Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Kinda, except whenever a seer, vig, or guardian died, I got to hand their power over to someone. Nerissa got guardian powers, Drez got vig powers. Which made Buzz Buzz awesome. With his sword and killing and cooool. :)

And heh, I was never seered. Serpent suspected me of being evil even after we died.

• SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    buzz was never seered, haha.

• SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    also:

who the heck killed me? :(

edit:
    it was too funny because the night i died, the network was trying to decide whether to guard tux or myself. i said guard tux cause he's badass and all that.

• GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    We were all like "wtf, this makes no sense, he has to know I'm the role recycler." And you did. And I died.

I can finally say this! You realize that whenever you recycled a power you gave that power to the person who had inspired the role with that power?

It was freakish.

Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

PSN: QuipFilter
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    oh this is so awesome I can't wait.

BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    edited August 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    oh this is so awesome I can't wait.
    Spoiler:

edited August 2007
    Wow? Really. That's pretty amazing there, DA.

Hey Nerissa. Your role was a guardian. :P

• cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Which one of you wankers ruined my streak of late-game survival? I didn't even get a chance to figure out how to use my power, because I spent all Day 1 moving =P.

edited August 2007
    Ah... that was me as well Cheez :)

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    Which one of you wankers ruined my streak of late-game survival? I didn't even get a chance to figure out how to use my power, because I spent all Day 1 moving =P.
    Best line ever... "Cheez usually lives a long time..."

I cracked up laughing.

edited August 2007
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh! Yes, I'd been meaning to mention that.

I died night 1.

The player with my role also died night 1.

I had the Nerissa role, and she often dies night 1.

I was just cursed all around.

edited August 2007
    If it makes you feel better the bad guys had a fun time with your power after you were dead.

Edit: Cheez, though Smasher could just swap in "good" for "bad" and have it apply too.

edited August 2007
    me :(

good job. I was soooooooooo angry, i could've been guarded!

anything give me away ?

edited August 2007
    So was I able to throw people off track with my constant guessing, never saying I had a partner and hinting I didn't have kills every night?

RBB was curious why I kept guessing, I told him for fun, eventually, we thought maybe people figured that was a role requirement of mine for something.

Also, I'm hoping making my class seem really weak allowed me to live to this final day.

edited August 2007
    http://phallabaddies.proboards83.com/index.cgi?

Bad guy boards, unlocked.

Serpent, you seemed more excited/active then I remembered you being :P

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Oh, hey, FWD.

I'm you.

You guys. Protocol and activate were the words I kept using. Was trying to tip you off.

Emergency Protocol Gamma. From SP13.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I honestly don't think I did my role justice, though I had a pretty tough lead to follow.
    Spoiler:

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
    edited August 2007
    If it makes you feel better the bad guys had a fun time with your power after you were dead.

Edit: Cheez, though Smasher could just swap in "good" for "bad" and have it apply too.

Well, I'm certainly interested in seeing how they put it to use for their nefarious goals.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

It felt so alone after the last results. :|

fiV9i14.jpg
    edited August 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    Well, I'm certainly interested in seeing how they put it to use for their nefarious goals.
    Something about Squashua and Cuthullu. Don't remember more. It's on the bad guy boards.

edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Also, I'm hoping making my class seem really weak allowed me to live to this final day.

I think it was more the six failed kills. ;-)

edited August 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

It felt so alone after the last results. :|

At least Howl and I didn't show up and mock you like we did Tux.

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So was I able to throw people off track with my constant guessing, never saying I had a partner and hinting I didn't have kills every night?

I love you Ardor, but you weren't fooling anyone pretending not to have a partner, and no one thought for a second that your role was weak. At least, not among the bad guys.

Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
    edited August 2007
    I wish Nerissa were here to unban me from/unlock the network boards. I miss them. :(

edited August 2007
    i seered ardor night 1.

we all knew what was up really early.

also i was SO MAD that he wasn't good, haha.

edited August 2007
    It was worth a shot.

We did have to be killed on the same night to die and we had one kill a night.

I didn't lie about my power. RBB had a strange one. He could target one person a night and if they were one of three roles, that person dies instantly. Once all three of those people are dead, by us or other means, RBB had 2 days of complete immunity, hence him trying to get you guys to execute him. We aimed a kill at him, hoping we'd see a bunch of blue errors pop up to throw the trail off him. Instead, it hit his role immunity and we got nothing.

edited August 2007
    I was more than a little disappointed that I had the prototypical invulnerable role, yet there were at least half a dozen players who had far more powerful defenses.

Burnage wrote:
    edited August 2007
    It was worth a shot.

I didn't lie about my power. RBB had a strange one. He could target one person a night and if they were one of three roles, that person dies instantly. Once all three of those people are dead, by us or other means, RBB had 2 days of complete immunity, hence him trying to get you guys to execute him. We aimed a kill at him, hoping we'd see a bunch of blue errors pop up to throw the trail off him. Instead, it hit his role immunity and we got nothing.

So, not only did you both have to be killed simultaneously, but RBB could attain additional invulnerability on top of that? D: D:

Where's that growing D: when you need it?

Burnage wrote:
    edited August 2007
    Man, I was so tempted to out myself day 1 and be all "haha bad guys can't kill me." Then other people started doing it, and I was like...wait, what? Why am I not special? :(

Plus I worried there was a nulling power. So when Ardor told me he had a nulling power, I was kinda suspicious. Not as suspicious as I should have been, apparently.

edited August 2007
    It was worth a shot.

So, not only did you both have to be killed simultaneously, but RBB could attain additional invulnerability on top of that? D: D:

He had no control over it though. Thanks to the blue message, it was the only thing we could've done to try to save ourselves, hence his gamble. Once Squashua died, we realized we didn't have much time to risk it.

edited August 2007
    This was the most aggravating game protection wise. I think only a once or twice we actually got both of our kills.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    As much as I hate to wait for the morning to read the results, I've got to work tomorrow. Good night all!

Burnage wrote:
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Having bad guy and neutral roles stack on top of the regular roles did create some interesting combinations - the strong neutrals' combination was put to quite good use in the end game.

chirisigtext.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's hard to tell, but I think I ended up doing more good being dead than I would have as a guardian.

edited August 2007

Everybody got at least one ability. Bad guys got something for their role and then for the bad guy role (Witch/Commie/Whatever).

Honestly the bad guys were stacked at the beginning of this game having some of the strongest roles out there.

edited August 2007
    It makes me wonder what's better in the long run; a game with a huge amount of mysteries, or one where the roles are plainly obvious and everyone just has to figure out who is what.

The first sure makes thinks epic, but it can also make things crazy.

Thorgot's had me so confused.

fiV9i14.jpg
    edited August 2007
    This was the most aggravating game protection wise. I think only a once or twice we actually got both of our kills.
    You guys never even considered killing me as far as I can tell. I'm hurt. :P

This discussion has been closed.