As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

how do elves even know how to build a god damn Smartphone anyways

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My system seems to be warming up a little.

Hmm, probably needs dusted?

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I need help with an issue I'm having trying to stream video over wifi with Raspbmc.

I'm using Plex Media Server on my PC and installed the plexbmc plugin on the Pi.

When I go to access the server on the Pi via the video add-ons menu, it appears that I have connected, but as soon as I attempt to access any folders I get an error message "Error Script Failed: plugin.video.plexbmc"

I've checked my firewall and there doesn't appear to be any restrictions there. I've reinstalled the plugin on the Pi and reinstalled the Plex server on the PC, but I still keep getting the same error message.

Heeeeeelllllllppp

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    This is neat. I can draw across the keyboard and it will pop the word up after I lift the stylus up.

yeah, that's a pretty old tech now that is incorporated into basically every touch keyboard now. The difference is how good their predictive algorithms are.

Swift Key Flow seems to be the best.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I think it's finally time for me to buy an SSD.

I built a friend a new box with an SSD in it, and it was glorious.

I already have on in my Mac. But to see it on a Windows machine is something. You just aint used to being able to do windows things inside of 5 seconds

the one 240gb model I got him was only $200 and balls out quick

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    This is neat. I can draw across the keyboard and it will pop the word up after I lift the stylus up.

yeah, that's a pretty old tech now that is incorporated into basically every touch keyboard now. The difference is how good their predictive algorithms are.

Swift Key Flow seems to be the best.

It is so nice compared to thumb typing, until I meander like I'm drunk.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Huh. I never noticed it? I'll check again when I get home.

Ok so I rechecked this.

If it hasn't been expanded there is a 2x symbol in the bottom right hand corner.

If it has been expanded it disappears.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    huh

weird

what app?

i only have the foursquare app on my ipad and it goes 2x and then the 2x becomes a 1x

poo
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It's called drop it.

It lets me input urls and it uploads them to my Dropbox.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Yo, anyone got them Ingress invites?

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I think pooro was playing it

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    My BIOS stuff is the slowest part of my startup now that I have an SSD.

I uh, think I did something wrong though. It keeps saying there are no drives detected when the AHCI whatsit pops up.

But really, everything moves along pretty fast so I'm pretty sure the SSD is doing its job. What with the OS and some steam games being installed on it and all.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Anybody want an Android phone with a 5 inch screen, a dual core A9 chip and dual sim capabilities? For $149? It has a bunch of other cool features too.

Search Kogan Agora phone. I'd link but I'm on my phone and copy-pasting urls is a pain in the arse.

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    For shame Chris, that post was basically an advertisement.

For fuckin kogan.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I've ordered one.

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    And you can too for only $149!! While stocks last.

You will be disappointed. The only things Ruslan kogan sells that are worth their money are the ones do not have his name on them.

It can't possibly be as bad as a Galaxy Ace. In which case Amy comes out way ahead.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    For fuckin kogan.

Shepard

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hey guys okay so you can link your kindle to your audible books now and they will sync together so listening to one up to blank point syncs up the ebook to that point automatically.

But umm, I can't figure out how to set it up

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Set up Whisper-Sync? Haven't tried it.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    This help?
    I have the audiobook in my Audible Library and have also bought the Kindle version of the same book. Yet, they aren’t syncing?

If your Audible audiobook and Kindle book are not syncing this may be because your Amazon ID and Audible account are not linked. In order for Whispersync for Voice and Immersion Reading to function properly Audible must be able to communicate with your Amazon account and vice versa. If your username is not your full email address or you are not using your Amazon account with Audible you may need to link the accounts.
    In order to do this:
    Visit https://www.audible.com/acc-merge.
    Enter your Audible username and password when requested.
    Enter your Amazon email and password when requested.
    Select the credit or debit card you wish to use as the Default Card for Audible purchases.
    It's important to remember that from that point on, your old Audible username will no longer work, so you will access your Audible account with your Amazon credentials.
    Once the accounts have been linked you should now be able to sync your Audible audiobook and Kindle book.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I dunno how long this is going to last, but Adafruit has RaspberryPI boards in stock RIGHT NOW

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    If I'm looking for a laptop that I can play video games on what should I be looking for and who actually makes good laptops these days

GW2 runs fine on my MacBook but everything is on low so I've decided it's time to look at something new

edited January 2013
    probably Dell, and you just need to make sure you get the right video card and the right heat dispersion and probably avoid whatever the Celeron of today is

Jasconius on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    how much are you looking to spend T4CT?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I though dell was bad has that changed

$1000 was my upper limit for building a desktop so probably around there? Preferably under, I don't need a beast of a machine, just something better than my 2010 MacBook Pro

I got a Sager laptop last year for gaming from Xotic PC and its a beast and runs GW2 well. Paid around $1400 though, but they have models starting around 800 (w/geforce 600+M series cards). I previously had an ASUS laptop and was really pleased with it too. Just make sure you get a SSD for it, that will really help with the laptop's performance.

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    If I'm looking for a laptop that I can play video games on what should I be looking for and who actually makes good laptops these days

GW2 runs fine on my MacBook but everything is on low so I've decided it's time to look at something new

How portable are you looking for the laptop to be? Do you have a screen size preference at all?

hLeTR.png
    Semi portable. I'm a fan of anywhere in the 11-13 inch range. 15 is my upper limit

Dunno I've only had one, but for what it was (cheap and refurbished), it served me pretty well

I think that their reputation is unfairly tarnished by their abysmal Optiplex business machine crap

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

They're terrible for desktops, but I'd bet they're fine for gaming laptops. Probably not the cheapest, and you'll probably have to strip out some bloatware, but that's kinda the game. I don't know what the current state of discrete mobile graphics is, but I'm sure you could find some examples on Newegg in the 750-1000 range to give you a baseline for comparing specs and brands.

If you're shooting for a gaming laptop you're looking at a 15-17 inch range more likely

if you want to play games it would be criminal to go below 15 inches

but just remember that 17, while nice for games, does put you into "it's so heavy I cannot actually hold it on my lap for more than 20 minutes" territory

which is true of most "hardcore" gaming laptops

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I picked up a 17-inch laptop my last year college, which was great for bringing home on breaks, not so much for bringing to classes or doing anything at all with it once college was over. I'd definitely advise 15inch at the highest.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    i went the gaming laptop route once. never again

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    blech gaming laptop

poo
    the nice thing about computer hardware today is we've kind of gotten to the point where unless you're running 1080p full AA then you don't really need a landcruiser to run a game

an average i5, 8 gigs of RAM and a mid-high mobile GPU should be totally fine and at least vaguely in your price range

My main thing is that I was gonna build a desktop rig

But I fly and move places and travel pretty constantly. For work related stuff or where I don't wanna game I'm still just gonna take my MacBook but I want something I can game on and still be portable.

This discussion has been closed.