As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Operation Group RAGE] Star Wars [Mini]series: [Phalla] Squadron - RAGE/MALICE Victory!

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I suggest you die, Rebel scum! (etc etc)

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Neither Bliss nor Heffling seem overly pleased to die for the Empire. I find their lack of suicidal zealotry disturbing.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure which of them is more suspicious at this point. Right now I'm leaning Bliss, but...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Fuck it. Porkins isn't supposed to live anyway and I've got suicidal zealotry in spades. I'll be the one to tie the vote if it really has to come down to it.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Hey, I told the thread how to shoot me when Langly thought I was in nobody's arc. I think I win on suicidal zealotry grounds.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Langly may have thought you were in nobody's arc, but I've actually had orders in to shoot you for some time now. ;>_>

EDIT: In fact, if the vote does end up leaning towards Heffling, I'd urge @The Anonymous to put in orders to shoot you as well.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    It's getting late in my timezone and I don't think staying awake much longer to argue about this would change anything. So, in case I'm dead tomorrow and no mafiosos turn up, please remember that Kilnaga has been shooting lethal lasers before:
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Trv who sees the sd health

Just you?

Unsure. Is kilnaga on our side

What? I mean who gets a status report on the destroyer?

Kilnaga is on rage faction yes

All three commanding officers get the status of the Star Destroyer.

And Kilnaga is being asked about because the enemy Star Destroyer took permanent damage.

But everybody ignored it because we were all concentrating on the Ketbra Incident, which turned out to be misdirection of some kind. Then our SD went down, Megafrost got temp-killed and everybody forgot about his post. And on the next day, Kilnaga tries to get Megafrost perma-killed with the vote. Why? Because Megafrost might have resumed the accusation, had he been revived?

So maybe Kilnaga is now gunning for Heffling and/or me because he shot at those bombers with lethal lasers, and upon realizing that someone else shot them with non-lethal lasers he quickly moved to blame someone before anyone else could comment on it? Dunno, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually. It's the most plausible theory I can think of, especially if Heffling turns up innocent.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    To rule out that other possibility, which I guess is still somewhat likelier, I'm going to vote for Heffling.

Good luck.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Now I'm even more certain its you, for the same exact reason I was voting for Megafrost. Bringing this whole "perma damage thing" against the SD up. I scored hits against the Bottom Line on the night I told everybody I was firing against the enemy SD. That's all that status PM said about my damage against the SD, that I managed to hit the thing. It said absolutely nothing about the damage being permanent. I was the only ship even remotely close enough to the SD to even have a ghost of a chance at hitting it. If I was mafia, and knew I could be so easily given away by the results of my shooting, would I have gone up against a ship I knew would be left standing next turn to testify against me? Absolutely and unequivocally not. That would be just insanely stupid.

This faulty information about my damage against the enemy SD didn't even come from our own team. It came from the opposing faction via a third party.

Also, yesterday I was the first person to say that we should all use non-lethal damage instead of switching over to live fire precisely so we could still stand a chance at finding mafia who are using real lasers. We had no way of knowing both SDs were going to explode and prevent all those people from returning so non-lethal damage was clearly our best option. It paid off too with Infidel's death results. His death is colored as both a village and mafia kill, meaning he was killed by joint fire from both. The only ship that was fired upon by multiple people yesterday was the ship we shot at together, and I know I'm village.

If the village doesn't vote you out, I'm still going to be taking shots at you to make sure you're removed (and I urge @The Anonymous to consider doing the same if the group continues to vote Heffling). I'm more sure than ever that you're who we need to go after.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I agree we should vote out heffling and shoot bliss

• Options
    Here's hoping TA and I are good shots and that we have high enough initiative then?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    It's kinda funny how little I trust any of you.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Trust really has nothing to do with it at this stage. As Langly said earlier, its all about the coloring of the kills in the narration. If you can't trust us, at least trust the host? :P

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    At this point, I don't even trust me.

• Options
    Yeah, let's get rid of Heffling

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Heffling

• Options
    @the anonymous can you shoot bliss please

• Options
    Hound 2 to Wolf Leader, are we boned?

Wolf Leader to Hound 2, copy, we are boned.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Orders sent. Gotta strafe P20 right?

• Options
    Orders for the night:

Get Voted Out. Transfer 1 from Lasers to Engines. Shoot P20. Turn East, Move 5 forward. Engage Hyperdrive.

It's been an honor to serve with you.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vote closes in about an hour

• Options
    I need to shoot at one of you homps.

Which one is bliss?

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »

Which one is bliss?

@SLyM

The one directly behind you who you can't shoot. :(

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

Which one is bliss?

If you have to shoot at someone else, go evasive if possible and pick a target across the map somewhere.

• Options
    Vote closed

• Options
    End - Free-For-All

With the Star Destroyers gone and all the order normally enforced by the command staff removed, the squadrons turned to their own agendas. Some sought to continue the engagement and fired upon their wargame enemies. Others turned their guns on their Op-mates, sure they were the ones responsible for this turning into the mess it was.

Hound Squadron wanted none of it and set their engines to full, pointing out of the engagement. He had a lightspeed button, what better time than to test it now? Once the readout showed he was a max speed, he hovered his hand over the button. Somehow he knew his time in the Sith led Imperial Navy would end like this. They were all crazy bastards.

Down went his hand.

Shredder sent the message nearly 2 minutes ago through his short wave encrypted message device. He hadn't heard back but surely his fellow rebels would support him, right? Where were they?! He smashed the comm display in his fighter out of anger.

As his hand made contact with the exposed wiring under the comm shell and plasma electricity flowed through his body, the last seconds of his life were spent cursing the faulty TIE technology.

Permanently Killed:
    Malkor (Lamshwoop, Skull) MALICE TIE Bomber- Sealing leak, Test Casualty
    Heffling (Wolf, Hound) RAGE TIE Advanced - Engine overload, Test Casualty
    Bliss101 (Bliswonowon, Hot) RAGE TIE Interceptor - Missile Jam, Test Casualty
    Matev (Shredder, Foot) MALICE TIE Interceptor Wing Leader - Electrocuted by comms, Test Casualty (Tied the vote)

In the end, the prototype hardware claimed the lives of the remaining rebels. Not knowing the internal threat had been eliminated, Imperial squadrons attempted to get firing solutions and finish off other wargame members. Countless pilots were seconds away from being snuffed out.

Then every fighter shut down. Pilots were feverishly attempting to get their equipment back online when they saw a large capital ship uncloak in the middle of the battlespace. One by one the remaining squadrons were tractor beamed into the hangar bay. When done, the mysterious ship entered lightspeed and what was once a piece of space lit up by laser fire and darkened by death was now just another technology created asteroid field.

Lightyears away and days removed from the deadly wargame, the surviving pilots found themselves in an ornate room, members of the Dark Council in front of them. One by one they were called up and were given awards for their service. As they left, they all had the same gap in their memory and the same questions about what they had done to be awarded the gold hardware on their chest and the new ranks on their shoulders. They would pay little mind as they took their new posts, leading the powerful new Imperial Navy and the fresh shiny line of TIE snubfighters backed by their new dreaded Star Destroyers.

RAGE and MALICE Operation Groups are VICTORIOUS

Victorious Living:
    CesareB (Seadevil, Glowing Anglerfish)
    GrimmyTOA (Darkshooter, Firehawk Xtreme)
    Invictus (Arba'Arba-Hei, Blontharks)
    Kilnaga (Porkins, Red Squadron)
    Langly (Tello, Green)
    SLyM (Greyearl, Winged Hussars)
    Smasher (Target, Dirty Dianogas)
    T_A (Monobear, Hope's Peak)

AWARDS

Primary Objective:
    All of RAGE and MALICE Operation Group (awarded posthumously as well)

Secondary Objective:
    All Rebels (awarded posthumously) - Kill the Sith Lord watching over the exercise
    @Langly - Do the most damage to the enemy Star Destroyer
    @Malkor - Do the most damage to the enemy Star Destroyer (revoked posthumously)
    @Invictus - Have the best kill percentage of all squadrons in your Operation Group
    @The_Anonymous - Have the best kill percentage of all squadrons in your Operation Group

Tertiary Objective:
    None

Bonus Objective:
    @capfalcon - At one point 50% of the members of your channels were rebels
    @The_Anonymous - Disable two squadrons with your Swarm ability
    @Langly - Destroy a Star Destroyer
    @Smasher - Disable a squadron with your cluster missiles

• Options
    edited January 2013
    First, let me say thank you to everyone who has played in my Mini Series. They've had their fair share of MASSIVE problems and broken mechanics. But I hope they've been fun as well. Because of your patience and willingness, I've been able to test a cornucopia of mechanics. I've tested in-thread orders, toothless mafia, puzzles, alternate wincons, split mafia, communication restrictions, communication manipulation, two types of battle mechanics, factions, split factions, vote immunity, so so so many power-types, and so much more.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. EVERYONE.

As far as this game goes, tons of problems. Heres a limited list:

1) Vote should have always killed the top two. It destroyed vote records AND made votes seem worthless for the first two days. Worked much better once changed but the damage was already done.
    2) Map size was too large for the restrictions in place. The map should have either been smaller or range penalty should have been less. Firing arc could have used widening as well. Furballs should have been able to be created within movement range but not through enemy squadrons.
    3) Higher damage output from squadrons. This is partly because of #2, but the stats should have allowed for more easy disabling. On top of that, respawning should have been more limited.
    4) Rebels were pretty underpowered and not geared enough to meet their primary objective. #2 and #3 would have solved much of their issues, though.
    5) Sith Lord has massive problems with his abilities, but I think it would have been solved if #2 was solved.
    6) Conusing ruleset. This is a result of never having done a game like this and not anticipating the clarifications that would be needed.
    7) Many others.

Again, thanks for playing. I hope that despite the issues of the mechanics in the game that you still had fun. I had fun watching you all.
    Coming soon:

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force II

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Ha! Eat that! Porkins lived. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's over i win

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YES YES

• Options
    Ok so why did bliss die

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    ......T_T Dammit Malkor. Just......God. Dammit. T_T

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ok so why did bliss die

matev removed his vote in the other thread and put it on Cesare

creating a tie between malkor and bliss.

which meant all three of them died.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I lived!

I was almost sure when I got the @ notification that I was dead, and then when I saw the game was over I thought we'd lost.

• Options
    So had we pushed Bliss instead of Heffling that wouldn't have happened and RAGE would have won solo? :(

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    :(

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Matev...

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    IT'S NOT MY FAULT
    It totally was my fault
    Except where Malkor didn't vote.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Why did you do that

• Options
    Matev wrote: »
    ......T_T Dammit Malkor. Just......God. Dammit. T_T

yeah, had malkor voted cesare, malkor and you would be alive

langly, slym, cesare and smasher would be dead

• Options