As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ogre Battle: [Mini-Phalla] of a Lordly Calibur - MAFIA and Pumpkinhead Victory!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Blahmcblah and Mikey are both worth investigating, but for now I'm feeling Mikey CTS.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    blahmcblah

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Look at my hard core one word post! Helping the village at it's finest.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Warban

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Vote count thus far

Blahmcblah: 4 (Langly, lucedes, blaze_zero, BradicusMaximus, Warban)
    MikeyCTS: 3 (Slym, BradicusMaximus, Megafrost)
    Langly: 1 (Blahmcblah)
    Bradicusmaximus: 1 (Anialos)
    Warban: 1 (INANTP)

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Still missing votes from Alegis, Assuran, and CesareB

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    And sir fabulous. I think thats it though?

• Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Ok, I've got a massive headache, so for the moment blahmcblah.

Will be back in a few to actually talk about stuff, but first is aspirin and beer.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I think Mikey and blahmcblah are both valid choices, but I'd prefer a clear winner.

• Options
    Mikey CTS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Staff party was alright. Didn't mind being a designated driver so fortunately for you guys no drunklegis.

Let's see here

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    God, I really hope we didn't start another 2-villager wagon...

Blahmcblah needs a bigger lead. Unless we're trying to tie it again because we're that stupid.

• Options
    I like the Mikey wagon more because less people are pushing it.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So it's a possible vote manipulation lead on (just?) one of 4 persons. Keep in mind that doesn't really give us a better mafia guess rate (than a completely random guess) in itself. It's good to combine with other facts and/or suspicions and cross the lists.

I'll go for Mickey CTS to add to the suspense

• Options
    Though after that post I'd really like to pile votes on CesareB

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Got my numbers confused with vanilla werewolf. If it's 20% here as is common then 1 out of 4 is better than 1 out of 5.

• Options
    I like the Mikey wagon more because less people are pushing it.

This is dumb. You're basically advocating a close vote when we know that vote manipulation caused a tie last night. The winner of the vote, by definition, will have more people "pushing it." Are you just conceptually against someone winning the vote, then?

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Got my numbers confused with vanilla werewolf. If it's 20% here as is common then 1 out of 4 is better than 1 out of 5.

We've had enough deaths without publicly hitting a mafia that 1/4 seems about the same as random chance. Unless the fire-guy hit some mafia for us.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    Are you just conceptually against someone winning the vote, then?

Yes that is the logical conclusion from my statement.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The larger the odds of us hitting a mafia, the larger a percentage of the village the mafia is. As such they are more capable of putting weight behind a vote that will not harm them as long as a few villagers think "hmm yes that sounds plausible".

The number of people willing to go "Yup blahmcblah that sounds good to me kay bye I'll check this thread tomorrow" intrigues me.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Ok, we can assume that there are anywhere between 3-6 mafia total against us. That fits in the 10-20% range normal for phalla. So, for arguments sake, let's assume the worst and say that there are 6 and we haven't gotten any of them. The "haven't gotten any of them" is almost assured due to previous narration results, but I guess the SK idea isn't completely outside the realm of possibility, just exceedingly unlikely.

So, with that in mind... why is SLyM still alive?

He revealed as a lovers mason, hasn't (to my knowledge/publicly) been confirmed by a seer or a guard (assuming either of those are left), and the mafia hasn't killed/tried to kill him? Why wouldn't they?

Then, you have Bradicus. He deliberately tied up the vote between SeGaTai and SLyM, then right at vote close changes it to SeGaTai, kept hounding the Invictus vote almost making too much of a stink about it, tied (on paper) the vote last night then convinced/hauranged blaze_zero into changing leading into shenanigans tie, then today right as SLyM makes a vote on MikeyCTS he changes over. Now, all of this disconnected doesn't really show anything... but when you factor in the above about SLyM it seems sketch to me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm of the same mind as Assuran on this current vote. Mikey and blah both seem like good targets, but shenanigans and vote manip. Factor it in with the above about SLyM and Bradicus though, and I'm wary.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    This has certainly been an interesting day so far. Don't really like either of the vote leads, so I'll stay put.

• Options
    For what its worth, I tied the Sega/Slym vote up when there was still an hour left and was constantly staying upated with the thread in case nobody else pulled through. We were lacking like 4-5 votes when I made that vote. I swapped votes during the same minute everyone else did when he made that supposed reveal. As for convincing blaze_zero to vote for vagrant_winds, he was already wanting to, he just didn't want to end up with another vote tie. After he did end up swapping over vagrant was already up by one. I can see being iffy on Slym considering he made that reveal and is still alive but I think you're questioning my allegiance because we have next to nothing to go on.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    This has certainly been an interesting day so far. Don't really like either of the vote leads, so I'll stay put.

mafia mafia mafia mafia mafia

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that found that post extremely suspicious

• Options
    Anialos anyone?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure there are too many people popping in once a day, six hours earlier, to pull that off.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ungh. The activity in this is abysmal

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Vote Closed.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Day 5

Hugo’s Journal, Deus 19:

There was not much keeping us in Lehoboth. The survivors were sent back eastwards, to hopefully keep them out of harm’s way, while we went the opposite direction, towards Phuntua. We have sustained heavy casualties in this march, the infiltrators are really taking a toll.

The distance between Phuntua and Lehoboth was twice a long as the distance between Tubulk and Lehoboth, so we had a long journey on our hands. The road is also much more dangerous. At dusk we were attacked by a gang of Ravenmen. The Golem Lucedes tried its best to defend its master, Dollmage SLyM, but could not protect him from attacks from the skies. A ravenman caught the dollmage in the head with an axe. SlyM fell dead in the middle of the road, and Lucedes collapsed into a lifeless heap of clay.

We fought the rest of the ravenmen back without further notable casualties, and found a safe place off the road to set up a camp. The morale of the troops is dire at this point, and it doesn’t take much suspicion to be killed as a possible infiltrator, as Blahmcblah found out.

Tomorrow we will arrive at Phuntua. Maybe we will find good news there.

-Hugo

The Dead

Blahmcblah - Revolutionary Soldier - Executed by Kime’s Army
    SLyM - Dollmage (Mason, Animator) - Massive Ax Headwound
    Lucedes - Golem (Mason, Animated, Tough, Resistant) - Returned to a pile of clay

Inactivus Warnings: MikeyCTS , SirFabulous

There are a few PM’s that need to go out. Day 6 will begin as soon as I post a message confirming that those have been sent. Vote close will be tomorrow at 11PM EST/8 PST.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    The number of people willing to go "Yup blahmcblah that sounds good to me kay bye I'll check this thread tomorrow" intrigues me.

OH WOW

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hey a member of the mafia contact me, I'll tell the thread who you are so we can kill you. Maybe then the village will play mafia instead of waiting for someone to lead them around.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I mean this can't be that interesting a game for you guys right

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    OOooOooOooOOooOooOO

i'm sorry village

you can do it, maybe!

OoooOOOoOOooOOOooOO

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRT

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Also apparently I'm lightheaded and "don't feel like myself" today? If anyone knows what that's about feel free to let me know.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Anyway apparently we'll all just vote for the first vote that someone gives a reason for so Anialos for being the opposite of helpful

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS. Again.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Anyway apparently we'll all just vote for the first vote that someone gives a reason for so Anialos for being the opposite of helpful

I believe in you! Or do I? Nah, I believe in you. Oh, and Bradicus.

• Options
    Also apparently I'm lightheaded and "don't feel like myself" today? If anyone knows what that's about feel free to let me know.

The only time I've seen 'lightheaded' used as an after narration condition (as that's what I'm assuming you're talking about) was in Mass Ephalla (I think) which meant you'd been targeted by a kill but had been guarded.

I have no idea if that even makes sense in this game or why you would not "feel like myself" today, though.

"Never Hit"