As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camelot Unchained] CSE now Unchained Entertainment. CU in late 2025.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited March 2 in MMO Extravaganza
GroupA_800.jpg

Camelot Unchained
is a "tri realm" RVR MMO created by Mythic Entertainment's ex CEO Mark Jacobs.

Tri-realm is 3 faction PVP game, with objectives being fought for like in the popular MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot.

The Factions in the game are, Arthurian, Vikings, and Tuatha Dé Danann (Hibernia like).

Camelot Unchained has horizontal leveling(think planetside), no PVE leveling, Minecraft like housing, and Crafting player driven economy.

Beta 1 starts today July 31st 2018, and will cycle through 3 phases and an open beta in the future. Players playing in Beta will be testing the game as much as playing it, hence the Beta being known as 'Old School'.

During beta, players will be testing RVR, crafting, CUBE building(housing) and debugging. Streaming the game will be postponed as we are still in an NDA for the beginning of the beta test.

The game will launch 'when it's done'.

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Will there be milegates?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    There are so little information at this time that it is impossible to tell right now.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Isn't a thread for this basically as needless as one for Titan if there is basically no information?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Well, this one is to tell people about it. Who doesn't know about titan.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Well now I know that there is going to be yet another mmo glutting the market. I'll throw it up next to elder scrolls online. Hope they intend to launch as F2P!

So hey, I now know that thanks to this thread! It has served a purpose.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Nope. Don't care about teaser trailers. I remember the trailers for WAR:Online.

I remember the promises Mark.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We have literally three details about Titan: it is from Blizzard Entertainment, it is a video game, and it has the codename "Titan."

This at least has a trailer and some details.

YL9WnCY.png
  • JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    IMHO split faction games are a mistake unless you literally have only 3 "servers" -- one for each faction. And even then, chances are one side will have a numerical advantage over the others of a significant amount.

In DAOC, Albion generally had as much pop as Mid and Hibs combined, for example.

I will be honest in that I got over splitting the game population up so damned fast from WoW and other games. There's Tera Online(The Korean update says something about a three-way split but I hope that's just if you want it to be), LOTRO obviously, GW2, The Secret World which while splitting for PvP lets people play together otherwise.

While DAoC had some epic stuff, which they failed to truly capture in WAR, I'm not so sure straight up breaking your server pop up that much seems so fun anymore.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah, if a game if going to have PvP then I will totally prefer three factions as opposed to two. However, I also don't really want to see server split up like that. But, I do love the idea of three disticnt factions on one server. :(

I wish they could figure out a way to combine TSW's three factions can play together, with GW2s kind of WuvWuv.

Let us see if I can accurately describe my idea.

Each server as three different factions, but like TSW the three factions can play nice together.

Then you have PvP which is a little bit like GW2's WuvWuv. Except instead of server vs. server vs. server the factions are grouped up from multiple servers based on populations.

ie: Things are broken down in to "Battlegroups".

Battlegroup 1 is made up of Faction 1 from Servers A, D, F. Faction 2 is comprised of Servers A, C, E. While Faction 3 (being the most popular faction) is comprised of Servers just D, F.

Battlegroup 2 would be Faction 1 from Servers G, C, E. Faction 2 is Servers B, F, D. With Faction 3 being Servers A, C, G.

Then every other week (or what-have-you) the Battlegroups are rearranged based on populations (and/or some other factors).

That way you will always be fighting for your faction and if your faction in your Battlegroup are currently kicking ass then all the servers that form your Faction in that Battlegroup gain (presumably) a bonus.

Since the Battlegroups are formed from servers, you will always be fighting for your Faction with people from your server. Though once in awhile the other members of your Battlegroup's Faction that come from the other servers may change, but you will always be with your server.

This way the population balance between the Factions in PvP can be maintained.

Re-reading that it sounds a little complicated and I am unsure if it could be done, hopefully someone understands what I mean. :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Personally I'm over the whole 3 factions thing as a basis for PvP; It worked once in DAoC but for reasons not exclusively tied to anything the devs were directly responsible for. And GW2's WvW is suffering to a degree from the problems inherent in the system, in terms of the server splits and such and not having as solid a PvE game to back up the PvP when PvP has downtime between engagements. Some people who play WvW only or other PvP aren't sticking around or incentivized to play the rest of the game and that hurts the people who do and would benefit from their interest and business.

I'd personally want to see an evolution of BGs and Arenas into more competitive setups, E-Sports support heavy, that support a base PvP experience that is either in the PvE world or segregated in a large PvP area where there are incentives and consequences to defending or attacking an area. Or perhaps something as simple as just leaving PvP as a possibility in the open world without doing anything more, and having people do stuff like what we used to do in WoW's Hillsbrad with the Southshore/Tarren Mill rivalry.

Do away with restrictive factions and do without or make them optional NPC affairs or player created and fluid.

488W936.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Factions work fine provided they're allowed to re-balance themselves IMHO.

Like telling someone to pick a faction from the very start for PVP is basically throwing the idea of pop balance to the wind.

Asking everyone to sign up on monday for a merc faction for the week/month and giving bonuses to factions who are under represented so far in sign ups on the other hand would lead to better balance IMHO without completely doing away with faction loyalty.

Course this would imply they made a MMO with PVP I enjoyed but still GW2 WvW is fun because of the whole:
    Warhammer_WAAAGH_Orks_by_faroldjo.jpg
    WAAAAAAAAAGH

Aspect to it.

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    The three-faction system banks heavily on players identifying themselves with one of the sides. It's just tribalism. Having players choose a new side every week would totally defeat the purpose.

• Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    The three-faction system banks heavily on players identifying themselves with one of the sides. It's just tribalism. Having players choose a new side every week would totally defeat the purpose.

I agree. Perhaps if there was some way to scale the rewards/bonuses to favor the underdogs?

May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    He's been posting in some forums I am a part of. He started a thread asking questions and seeing what people wanted to see.

http://www.keenandgraev.com/forums/index.php/topic,4982.0.html

He also made a thread about MMO combat.

http://www.keenandgraev.com/forums/index.php/topic,4987.0.html

PNA1v.jpg
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    JediNight wrote: »
    IMHO split faction games are a mistake unless you literally have only 3 "servers" -- one for each faction. And even then, chances are one side will have a numerical advantage over the others of a significant amount.

In DAOC, Albion generally had as much pop as Mid and Hibs combined, for example.

DAoC worked and Planetside worked. There are kinks in the system but the 3-way setup is generally more fun in a pvp game (in my opinion).

I can't say I have high hopes for this new MMO though... Mark Jacobs was the guy in charge of Warhammer Online and that game had an infamously poor development. But then he did also have a finger in DAoC which I enjoyed back in the day.

I guess I'll be curious to see what his third attempt will be. That teaser trailer was awful though and badly produced. Looks like some intern made it in After Effects

If those forum links posted above relate to this MMO it really sounds like this is an indie-MMO at best, so don't expect anything too fancy:
    If you could name three things that would make you want to play a next-gen MMORPG what would they be? Also, what three things would cause you not to play the same MMORPG?

Please keep in mind the following:
    1) That the MMORPG would be created by an independent studio, not backed with stupid amounts of money. Think old school MMORPGs, before the coming of the Blizzard-like budgets and way beyond that now.

2) That the MMORPG could be either FTP, BTP, Subscription, Light Subscription+ or Full Subscription+

3) That the MMORPG would follow more of the Minecraft approach to beta releases of the game. In other words, put out early builds and let people truly participate in the evolution of the MMORPG.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    DAOC and PS 3 factions on a single server work(ed) because people couldn't easily transfer around, developed a sense of server/faction pride, and fought endlessly over territory. You could always open the map and see how your side is doing.

In WAR most of the fighting seemed to be done in instances that had little bearing on the 'real world'. Same for WOW.

The three 'faction' fighting in GW2 is really just three different servers, there's no feel of fighting for a particular side and zero server loyalty with all the transfers back and forth. And consequently, no real balance.

The three factions is intended to be self regulating so that if one side gets too strong, the others gang up on it. It is preferable to a snowball system with only two participants where as soon as one side gets ahead, they get stronger, and then get more ahead, ad infinitum.

This has failed in GW2 due to the in game incentives, so that when one server takes the lead, the two weaker servers viciously tear into each other. But looking at the in game incentives, this is entirely predictable and rational behavior.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah I was excited at first for the free for all server vs server style of GW2 but it completely removes faction loyalty and rivalry and really undermines the whole experience

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
    Most people forget that Warhammer developers were pushed over a threshold by EA. Even the dudes in the development blog wore sunglasses because EA had them working to the bone.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    Neli wrote: »
    I can't say I have high hopes for this new MMO though... Mark Jacobs was the guy in charge of Warhammer Online and that game had an infamously poor development. But then he did also have a finger in DAoC which I enjoyed back in the day.
    I guess I'll be curious to see what his third attempt will be. That teaser trailer was awful though and badly produced. Looks like some intern made it in After Effects

I'm of the mindset that both WAR AND DAoC had infamously poor development. I would often say back in the day during DAOC "Mythic comes up with interesting ideas, but is terrible at implementing them."

They had no clue what they were doing with regards to class balance in DAOC. They basically balanced to the Spreadsheet: Whiniest and/or highest population got the buffs. Real issues were never truly dealt with -- rather they would place bandaid fix on top of bandaid fix. Their handling of the Atlantis expansion was so bad they actually made official Pre-TOA servers you could roll on.

A lot of bias towards Albion with ridiculous class abilities, IMHO. Infiltrators got their most damaging attack as a Front-Positional, and a whopping 9 second stun after evading. It was basically an I-Win button. Longbowmen could mess with you with that sand in the face move, then Trip you+pointblank aimshot you, then if it was still going badly just Grapple you until the zerg came by to roll you. Minstrels being able to SOS their group to safety if facing an unfavorable situation. 3 stealth classes for Albion vs two for Mid and Hib -- including providing runspeed. Albion tank class could Guard say, a Wizard. To block all attacks against them so they could free-cast on you, etc.

And you could say I was biased (Nightshade main), but I felt they bungled the whole stealther/assassin vs. everyone else balance pretty badly as well. Ironically enough, it was most balanced when the game came out -- your opening attack from stealth on a cloth-wearer did 80-90% dmg with your poisons likely to finish them off. But against anyone wearing at least Mail, you had maybe a 50/50 chance of winning from stealth if given at least a full minute unmolested to fight them. If caught against them unstealthed ... dead. If fighting a Scale/Plate wearer of any kind at any time. Dead.

Eventually though, your stealth opener only did maybe 25% of the life of a clothy, and they rebalanced assassins to be basically light evasion-based DPS. This allowed them to kill basically ANYONE from stealth after that. So then they started providing buyable abilities that were basically I-Win buttons against assassins. IE: Shadowmaster already could have their pet intercept from-stealth attacks for them -- but later they had an ability to temporarily raise the level of their pet from L50 to *L80* to essentially Curbstomp you at will. Many other examples of similar things to that on other classes.

Okay rant over :)

This game is already shaping up to be a good one. Mark Jacobs has started kickstart in March of 2013. The game was named "Camelot Unchained" and takes place before DaOC, with some epic faction leaders.

Link to news and new trailer in the OP.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    Well now, this is something.

Reading the interview and his blog I gotta say I love what I am hearing. This is definitely sounding like my kind of game. :D

Biggest thing people should take note of is this "RvR isn’t the end game, it’s the only game!".

I am also liking how upfront and honest he seems to be with his feelings and opinions on what he has planned.

I'm certainly going to keep my eye on this one and will probably kick a fair amount of money their way come my next paycheck.

• JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    I would have been sold on Abe vs. Vikings vs. Irish. Not so sure about this Arthur fellow.

Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    I'm not familiar with kickstarter projects. Are there any great games out there based on kickstarter funding that I could check out?

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Is this game about an elven slave called Arthur who goes around killing evil and decadent human slave traders with the help of his gentlemanly orc friend?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    I'm not familiar with kickstarter projects. Are there any great games out there based on kickstarter funding that I could check out?

Honestly most of the games funded via Kickstarter are still being developed.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

Faster than Light would be one of those.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    A lot of bias towards Albion with ridiculous class abilities, IMHO. Infiltrators got their most damaging attack as a Front-Positional, and a whopping 9 second stun after evading. It was basically an I-Win button. Longbowmen could mess with you with that sand in the face move, then Trip you+pointblank aimshot you, then if it was still going badly just Grapple you until the zerg came by to roll you. Minstrels being able to SOS their group to safety if facing an unfavorable situation. 3 stealth classes for Albion vs two for Mid and Hib -- including providing runspeed. Albion tank class could Guard say, a Wizard. To block all attacks against them so they could free-cast on you, etc.

And you could say I was biased (Nightshade main), but I felt they bungled the whole stealther/assassin vs. everyone else balance pretty badly as well. Ironically enough, it was most balanced when the game came out -- your opening attack from stealth on a cloth-wearer did 80-90% dmg with your poisons likely to finish them off. But against anyone wearing at least Mail, you had maybe a 50/50 chance of winning from stealth if given at least a full minute unmolested to fight them. If caught against them unstealthed ... dead. If fighting a Scale/Plate wearer of any kind at any time. Dead.

You were definitely biased :p As soon as you started talking about how great Albion had it in the stealth game I knew you were playing a stealther. And it's true, alb stealth classes were more and better, but the stealth 'mini game' was not only insanely stupidly implemented, but almost completely irrelevant to how things were going as a whole. I'm sure every time an infiltrator dragonfang spammed a shadowblade to death the shadowblade felt pretty steamed, but those 1v1 fights were pretty meaningless overall.

In the non stealth aspect, at the beginning, Midgard just rolled over everyone, with ease, because there weren't even immunity timers. So healers could just chain insta stun everyone until they were dead. You could literally have 4 midgard guys wipe out a whole army of albion/hibernia. So, the balance at the beginning was pretty bad. Also shadowblades could 2h backstab and one shot kill people - and if you killed someone in one hit, you didn't drop stealth. So even the stealth balance at the beginning was atrocious.

In terms of the 'visible' war, albion was unquestionably the weakest. It had, inexplicably, way the heck more classes, which meant all the key abilities were very diluted, being spread across a ton more classes.

Hibernia, for example, got mezz and heals and speed and end regen all on the same (armor wearing) class, the bard. Mezz was on sorc, speed was on minstrel, and end regen was on paladin, and heals were on cleric, for albion.

Or take the midgard healer: chain wearing, insta mezz/stun, insta self heals, etc. The primary CC class of midgard (and CC was the way you won your big fights, always, every time. Same for 8v8 fights). The primary CC class for albion had no instant CC of any kind, wore cloth, and had no heals. Again, huge disadvantage for albion.

Or, let's look at the infamous enchanter. the 'stun-nuke-nuke-dead' class. It was hibernia's main nuker, had pbaoe, had stun, and had a pet class. Albions counterpart did not have stun and did not have a pet. The pet was a big deal, because any damage at all interrupted you and the pet could nuke you without LOS through stone walls and such.

There were no non stealth albion classes that were better than their counter parts - across the board they were weaker and more diluted, which meant any alb 8 man group was just less good than an equivalent hibernia or midgard 8 man group.

So Mythic decided to give albion two *ridiculous* realm abilities that basically gave them an auto win in any 8v8 fight as long as they were up (30 minute timer I think?) Clerics got bunker of faith, which cut incoming physical damage to basically nothing, and minstrels got Sos, which let you move at sprint out of combat speeds during the entirety of the fight. So you ignored roots and snares. You could still be mezzed/stunned, but with purge you could clean that. So alb groups would pop bunker of faith and sos, and just massacre the hibernia/midgard casters (who couldn't kite them) while ignoring the melee damage, then mop up the rest of the group.

This of course led to the completely predictable result of the 'good' alb groups fighting you, rolling you with the RA's, then sitting at their pk for 30 minutes until they came back up.

That said..I did really like the realm ability system and it definitely kept your interest in continual RR high. You got many really awesome amazing abilities as you did more and more RVR, stuff that really changed your character.

I don't think the game had much in the way of 1v1 balance (some classes literally couldn't catch others ever) but I think it was trying to balance around 8v8 and the overall realm war. But then they added in the stealther 'mini game' which was also poorly balanced.

I mean, RvR *was* the end game. When the game released the highest tier dungeons weren't even itemized. They added in more stuff like the dragon zones (and everyone RUSHED to find ways to exploit the crap out of those things because they dropped the respect stones). I really liked Diamond Falls though. That was something that got even the pve players to come out and fight for. Basically it was an incredibly desirable dungeon that only the realm who controlled the most keeps had access too. So you'd gather up a bunch of bros, take some enemy keeps, then rush into DF when you got access to it and clear it of baddies. Then you'd frantically get your farm on before the baddies regrouped, took back more keeps (now that your entire population was farming diamond seals) and came down to push YOU out. The narrow corridors and restricted lines of sight and angry monsters all over made fighting down there quite interesting.

ToA I consider to have been a pretty big pile of fail. Some of the artifacts were straight up OP, some were useless, all required insane amounts of grinding. Then they introduced champion levels and abilities and dual classing I think at one point? I had pretty much checked out by then. They had a lot of great concepts though.

steam_sig.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Darkness falls was pretty awesome, my mains were a Hunter and a Spiritmaster, as a Hunter I felt the pain from all of the other stealth classes, sure our bow shot fastest but it was the alpha strike that won the battle. I enjoyed the Spiritmaster once bladeturn came into play but I still got trounced by stealthers all the time.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    Mythic brought us Splaterball on aol, and for that I will be eternally thankful.

Vorpal: Bard having everything was a BAD thing. I had a L50 Bard before the L50 Nightshade. I rerolled bc I was tired of being dead all the time, and first. So I would get next to no RP bc everyone and their mother would be alpha-targeting the Bard to death.

And yes, early on the instant aoe mez for Midgard was retarded...

And the reason I complained about those specific things about Nightshade is bc they BROKE the paradigm of realm balance. Assassins were meant to prey on lone clothies and hunt Archers. Both scenarios I compared basically reversed the matchup with no effort on the enemy part. The highest evasion class in the game having an after-evade 9 sec stun (longest stun in the game too) was incredibly imbalanced. Albion groups being able to choose their engagements or just SoS out of an ambush or bad situation was also bad design.

• AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about DAOC was that you could toggle your cape hood up and down.

I really hope this turns out well.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Strika wrote: »
    Mythic brought us Splaterball on aol, and for that I will be eternally thankful.

Magestorm was my favorite back in the day.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed that Abe isn't a faction.

Because that would be fucking baller.

I suppose I'd probably pick the Tuatha then.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I know it's just a buzzword, but "old school" is the worst way to describe an MMO to me. MMOs have evolved a lot over the past decade+ and for good reason.

That said, RvR is fun stuff in GW2, and I never played DAoC, so I would be interested to see another implementation of this in an MMO.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    Adellios wrote: »
    My favorite thing about DAOC was that you could toggle your cape hood up and down.

I really hope this turns out well.

Which is something no one else seems to have bothered including. Truly Mythic was ahead of it's time. :P

Vorpal: Bard having everything was a BAD thing. I had a L50 Bard before the L50 Nightshade. I rerolled bc I was tired of being dead all the time, and first. So I would get next to no RP bc everyone and their mother would be alpha-targeting the Bard to death.

And yes, early on the instant aoe mez for Midgard was retarded...

And the reason I complained about those specific things about Nightshade is bc they BROKE the paradigm of realm balance. Assassins were meant to prey on lone clothies and hunt Archers. Both scenarios I compared basically reversed the matchup with no effort on the enemy part. The highest evasion class in the game having an after-evade 9 sec stun (longest stun in the game too) was incredibly imbalanced. Albion groups being able to choose their engagements or just SoS out of an ambush or bad situation was also bad design.

Also remember that scouts had access to shields, and could thus shield slam :D (granted most assassins would evade it, but it let scouts tear up hunters/rangers)

I would say albion groups were most powerful with their RA's up, least powerful with them down. Of course, they can choose to fight with them only up. But overall I liked the realm abilities. I heard they got some tuning and standardization after ToA, but I didn't play much after that. I regard the golden age as after .. SI? but before ToA.

Although some of the classes they added in SI were hilariously broken.

steam_sig.png
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Enig wrote: »
    I know it's just a buzzword, but "old school" is the worst way to describe an MMO to me. MMOs have evolved a lot over the past decade+ and for good reason.

That said, RvR is fun stuff in GW2, and I never played DAoC, so I would be interested to see another implementation of this in an MMO.

Yea this kind of worries me as well.

DAoC was my first mmo, my first charachter had ~100 days played. I've gone back a few times and while they've done a lot to make the game less a pain in the ass to get in to, the engine age and things they just can't change really show.

The UI is ridiculously dated, and even though it can be customized to a point it still is pretty bad. Even something simple like keybinding requires knowing the exact location of the button you wish to modify.

If RvR is the only game though I'm not sure I have much to worry about. Old school leveling to me brings up thoughts of daoc at launch or everquest leveling rates, death penalties, and lots of grinding.

The thread posted earlier about combat gives me hope. I really loved melee combat in DaoC. Reactionary styles, positionals etc. It felt good when fighting other melee or in pve. RvR it could be kind of a pain with people running through you etc. They made it a lot better (in daoc) when they widened the arcs for a back chain, side chain etc.

It could just be ruby glasses but DAoC is also one of the only games I feel that melee hits have some *oomph* to them.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »
    I really loved melee combat in DaoC. Reactionary styles, positionals etc. It felt good when fighting other melee or in pve. RvR it could be kind of a pain with people running through you etc. They made it a lot better (in daoc) when they widened the arcs for a back chain, side chain etc.

It could just be ruby glasses but DAoC is also one of the only games I feel that melee hits have some *oomph* to them.

I'm still searching for a game that allows me to play my old DAoC Reaver. So many reactionals and positionals! In a toe-to-toe fight is was pretty much ass, but as soon as I got a block ("Thunk!") or parry ("whoosh!") or if my opponent turned away for a split second... well, that was the end of them.

26904.png
    Reaver was probably the best class they added. The caster ones were pretty much brokenly OP across the board.

Shroom caster could set up dense fields of pets that could nuke you without LOS.
    Bonedancer had a pile of pets and an instant cast life tap, and could basically beat anyone else 1v1 with just that one button.
    Necromancer...when released the necromancer could tell his summoned form to wait below in safety, then stroll up to the relic keep and pick up the relic while in shroud form, all while 100% completely invincible.

steam_sig.png