As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Forums Ventrilo / Discord Server

• J*RodJ*Rod Extra Credits web team member USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ah, Ventrilo. I miss when I hung out on the Janus Syndicate server back when the group was together.

J*Rod on
    The star is silent, but prominent.

Co-admin of EC Network | Founder of JS* Media
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Scrotore wrote: »
    Do you need to authenticate a username and password to get in? Because that's what it is saying I need to be able to.

Yes, you need a password. See this post for a hint.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ScrotoreScrotore Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Scrotore wrote: »
    Do you need to authenticate a username and password to get in? Because that's what it is saying I need to be able to.

Yes, you need a password. See this post for a hint.
    I knew exactly what it was thanks.

• WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The server seems to be in the process of dying.

I'm unable to successfully connect to the server, even though before attempting Vent says "Server is available. Press connect." If someone did manage to join, Vent showed them a 14 second ping.

A traceroute successfully completes, but one out of the three packets times out.

Edit: It's back to working fine now apparently.

Woggle on
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Can I put in a request for a Mechwarrior Online channel? There are about 10-15 of us regularly using this vent for that game but we just channel hop right now. Thanks!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    altmann wrote: »
    Can I put in a request for a Mechwarrior Online channel? There are about 10-15 of us regularly using this vent for that game but we just channel hop right now. Thanks!

Sure. Done.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    altmann wrote: »

Sure. Done.

Ah shit, I totally had forgotten to ask about this, thanks altmann! Double thanks to PMAvers for setting the channel up!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ewokfuzzynuttzewokfuzzynuttz Spanaway, WaRegistered User regular
    anyone playing dayz that uses this vent?

XBL-ewokfuzzynuttzz
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i do from time to time.
    Play Day Z that is,

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I logged on a week or two ago and SniperGuy forgot who I was.

I was actually kinda sad... I do miss the olden days, and since coming to college I've been on less and less and less.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Can I get a private channel setup for my regular D&D game? PM me if you have any questions

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    I logged on a week or two ago and SniperGuy forgot who I was.

I was actually kinda sad... I do miss the olden days, and since coming to college I've been on less and less and less.
    Saw your brosky @TheRat at PAX. Good times. Me and mighty met him in person, gerbil lazerbeard and xieflow were away from us at the time tho.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Xieflow2Xieflow2 Registered User regular
    I think we've hit some sort of achievement, of the 40 something people on Vent not in idle channels right now, we're at about 24 people all playing Mechwarrior Online. So wooo Mechwarrior.

Wombat!! i know who you are. why aren't you in here more?

• Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I dunno, I got occupied with school, and then only played games with dudes who didn't have vent for a while, and kinda fell offa it. I miss it, so!

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Incident with an Star Wars soundboard guy today. Sad days. They are getting clever

@Wombat!! : I demand you get your face in here for a game or two of not planetside2. the rest of these chumps wont shut up about it.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Been seeing a Schwarzenegger sound boarder popping in the past few days.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Been seeing a Schwarzenegger sound boarder popping in the past few days.

We've had problems with him in the PS2 channels before, and I think that @Sniperguy has banned him at least once.

EH28YFo.jpg
    Banned him today already. If you turn on view guest tags, anyone without a tag is an admin that can ban people.

jCyyTSo.png
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    someone called Flynt Fossy is broadcasting static on the root channel or whatever you call the top-most channel.

• youeffedyoueffed Registered User regular
    I... will be on

• MarauderMarauder Registered User regular
    So when I try to connect it just says "Contacting Server" but never actually connects.....

• ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    Marauder wrote: »
    So when I try to connect it just says "Contacting Server" but never actually connects.....

Same problem here.

I have googled it but I mostly find a bunch of forums asking the same things with no solutions.

I recently reinstalled Vent on my PC,as I reinstalled my OS. It used to work. However, I vaguely remember having the same problems the first time around, and it had something to do with ports and my router.... but I cannot at all remember what it was. Any ideas? Thanks.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • MarauderMarauder Registered User regular
    Yeah, I actually had it working before my HDD failed. I am also now on Craphouse Networks, and for whatever reason, I have to reset my wireless router about once or twice a day for their shitty cable modem to recognize it. Worked fine with comcast, never had these issues. I blame them....they're easy scapegoats, and have a long and unsavory list of bullshit that makes me hate them with the heat of a thousand suns.....

But they're the only last mile cable provider in my section of Orlando.....so I suffer on......

Hm, no clue. Sorry.

jCyyTSo.png
    Starting a separate thread on the problem on the Tech forum... its been hours and I have found no solution that works.

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2013
    Actually, my WoW guild's vent works perfectly. Can someone message me full Penny Arcade vent information? I have been using the one posted, but I'm either misreading it, or I am looking in the wrong place.

EDIT: I feel so stupid. I used the wrong info. I'm gonna go ahead and stop posting and talking to people before I give myself brain damage.

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    Okay, so you really need to set the top channel to mute. Twice in the past two days I've joined vent and two people have been having really personal, emotionally charged conversations. I don't know if these are troll conversations or whatever, I try not to stay too long to listen in, but it's super awkward and easy to avoid if we just mute the channel.

ok [guest] can't talk in the lobby.

jCyyTSo.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    Server fell off the deep end it seems.

steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh good, not just me. HALP

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    OH GOD EVERYONE PANIC.

is @thatguy the one in charge of this server?

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    @PMavers I thought?

• WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, PMavers is the head honcho.

It's been down most of the day I think.

edited February 2013
    Shit, I forgot that was today. They're doing a datacenter relocation in Chicago where it's hosted, and will be down for around a day.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    awww :(

edited February 2013
    It's funny, I had this message on my GameServers dashboard warning me about the Chicago move for about a month, and I was all, "Oh, that's nice, doesn't really affect me..." since I'm used to my servers being hosted in the NY data-center for TF2.

Completely forgot where the Vent itself was hosted.

Supposedly some servers will be coming back online this evening as they rack & power them up, so I'll be keeping a eye on it. Probably won't be up until tomorrow, though.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sooooo wrong thread.

HappylilElf on
  • SilverEternitySilverEternity Registered User regular
    Still down I assume?