As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where is DLC for RSPOD3 on Mac?

itatemykidneysitatemykidneys Oh wellRegistered User regular
Forgive a man if this is mentioned elsewhere but I thought it'd be easier to group my questions in one neat post.

First up, I know I have the Fanfic pack with the furries and rule 63 and all, as it's an option in the game. So that's covered.
And I read on Steam that Mac will get the Beginning of the End DLC soon, which is fine, I don't have to worry about it right now.

The question I've had for a while is: how do I know if I have "Lair of the Seamstress" DLC installed or not?
See, I'm new to using Steam and really only used it to download and play the PA threequel since it wasn't said to be on Playstation Network (and I really liked 1&2 so I want to keep up with this series until the close), so I don't know if it's automatic, or if there's a link to download the update.

Unfortunately, I haven't actually played the game in a while, much less finished it, but I don't think there's an update option from the game's menus, right?
It also wasn't until later that I learned it was on the App Store, which might have made it simpler to follow; the bright side is that now I have Steam, and can join in on the deals and neat content it offers.

In any case, I just wanted to make sure I have the available DLC ASAP while it's free, that is, assuming it stops being free at some point.
Thanks in advance for any answers you guys have.

It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it.

• Options
    MacAnatomistMacAnatomist VicenzaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Lair of the seamstress should be already be uploaded from Steam.
    If your classes are all 40 level or more, you should go on the last floor of the temple and go into the blue portal.
    It's the last DLC (Beginning of The End) which is MIA for Mac and mobile versions.

MacAnatomist on
  • Options
    itatemykidneysitatemykidneys Oh well Registered User regular
    Ahh, thanks. As long as it's in there and ready for me to get to it, then I'm good. So when the next DLC comes out, do I open the game, or Steam, to download it automatically? And is there a prompt about it anywhere?

• Options
    Steam should make the trick.
    Plese, pay attention that the next (and last) DLC will be available not in the game, but from the menu -->"The Beginning Of The End"

• Options
    Ohhh, so it won't be peppered in with the campaign, I see. Thanks again for the information, I think I got it all now. =]

• Options
    Except for the DLC, which is still missing for mac and mobile devices :/

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I thought Steam said that BotE is out for PC and Xbox, but the other platforms are still being worked on--which suggests they're gonna be there for Mac?
    I mean, we do have the other two, right? I don't see why they wouldn't add the last one.

itatemykidneys on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    I checked with the porting team and they say the DLC is ready for iOS/Mac/Android but they're still waiting for approval from some of the platforms.

• Options
    That's a breath of hope.
    Thanks.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I've been just informed that the DLC has gone live for Android, iOS, and Mac.

EDIT: Note, the Steam & Amazon Mac versions haven't gone up yet.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Is there any news about the 2DLC for mac on Steam?
    Everyone seems to ignore it.

• Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    I keep checking steam about 2 times a week, but nuthin'...

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    edited March 2013
    It's out.
    P.s.: you'll find the dlc in the menu section.

MacAnatomist on
  • Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    bagged it.

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump