As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

M&M 3rd Edition: "And Justice for All." OOC

• SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Destroyah I love the backstory for Technical by the way, it was well worth the wait. I'm really looking forward to reading that story your working on while we're setting things up.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Hmm, reading about Titian's prominent people gave me a cool little idea.

Flytrap, in one of his many plans to alter the genes of every man and woman on the planet, brought to life his newest plant based creation: Deciduous. Finding his previous creations often failed due to their inability to adapt, he gave Deciduous a much greater intellect along with tremendous healing ability. But intellect lead to introspection, and eventually to something Flytrap had never counted on, empathy.

In the middle of a battle with several superheros, Flytrap had managed to infect a large crowd with gene altering chemicals, turning them into subservient plant creatures. Yet, seeing the pain of the transformation, Deciduous could not longer fight the heroes, turning against Flytrap and providning a cure to the chemicals.

Today, under the custody of Dr. Curtis Myers, he attempts to gain understanding of people and their emotions, as he still finds animal life alien and strange. Yet he has strong desire to protect others from harm, and the hope he can convince his father to find a more humane and gentle method of bringing his dream to fruition.

How's it sound?

I like the idea of Deciduous actually, especially since you took the effort to read through the info on Titan and came up with something linked to it. The fact that it happened to be Flytrap of all earthly things is amusing. It reminds me a bit of Awesome Andy and I would be interested in seeing you fully develop the character. A much better fit for this universe than the Professor.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl
    mikesdrawing_zpsd9cd35c0.jpg

Five years prior...
    A meteorite is detected at NASA on course to make landfall in Antarctica. Scientists determine the crash will be non-threatening to human population; a team is assembled to collect whatever remains. The team reported their findings, and the covert operations of the US government was put on high alert. Top secret reports indicate that some form of craft was recovered. Attempts are underway to reverse engineer the vessel's technology at Chimera Laboratories under strict federal supervision.

Meanwhile, across the planet, a young brunette girl washed ashore near the city of Titan. The amnesiac girl was rescued by the Copper Crab, who delivered her to a hospital for care. When instruments delivered strange readings and needles wouldn't peirce her skin, the RSRU were called in to take her into custody. Paniced, the frightened girl fled through the hospital wall and flew away. The event was writen up in a report and filed away.

Report from Channel 12 News, 4 years ago...
    Sources tell the Channel Twelve team that a flying girl caught the teenage jumper at the last moment and whisked to safety. After his unlikely rescue, he was found hours later in a local hospital, where he had admitted himself for psychological care. Doctors tell us he claims that this girl told him her name was "Astro Girl". After a long conversation, this "Astro Girl" convinced him to seek help. His family has given a statement, sending their thanks to the mysterious girl who saved their son's life. The question still remains, though, who is this "Astro Girl" and where did she come from?

Current day...
    Look! Up there in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's Astro Girl! Yes, Astro Girl, strange visitor from another world with powers and abilities beyond those of mortal men. Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

In her short time on her new home planet, Astro Girl has become a beloved heroine not just in Titan, but across the entire world. In Africa, the people of wartorn nations celebrate when she drops of relief packages or busts up the armored tanks of brutal warlords. Astro Girl toys and manga are the hottest fad in Japan (and though she receives likeness rights, she gives most to charity). Fashion designers work her trademark violet, gold, and white into their designs in Europe. Then back in her adopted country, she rescues cats from trees as well as darts in front of bullets. Her Saturday morning cartoon (which she also donates the proceeds) is one of the highest rated children's program. She can't be everywhere and fix every problem, but she does more than anyone could ever ask. Around the world the people love their heroine from the stars.
    Unknown to the people of Titan, the world and Astro Girl herself, she is one of the Vanguard Daughters: a reconnaissance agent sent ahead of Triferean invasion forces to take out planetary communications. And also, like all Vanguards, one of the many daughters of the immortal supreme overlord Tyrranus: a god-like figure who has conquered multiple worlds across untold numbers of universes. While enroute to their next conquest, Astro Girl's stasis pod sustained heavy damage from rebel forces and crashed on the planet Earth. Suffering massive trauma, she flew off over the ocean in an unknown direction. Vanguards are meant to assimilate into a planet's society then strike when the fleet is ready to move. Exhausted, she collapsed into the sea and washed ashore at Titan city. It was there that her first encounter with Copper Crab convinced her she must be a hero - one sent from the stars to guide humanity. This was not by coincidence. To adapt to a society, Vanguards are programmed to absorb the physical, mental and social traits of a species through biometric first contact. They psychically imprint the ideals of that society to blend in. This is how she learned English and Earth behavoir. And because her first contact was with a hero, she believes she must be one, too. She adopted the monicker Astro Girl and went about helping people everywhere - not just in Titan, but around the world, completely unaware of her true origins. For five years she's saved many lives and had an impact on so many more. But will the father ever come looking for his wayward daughter?

Short Story
    Paris, France
    There are so many things Astro Girl had seen and done that no other human being ever will. This world was a beautiful place with so many wonders to explore - the endless sand dunes of the Sahara desert; dancing with the lights of the Aurora Borealis; and the view from above the planet of Titan at night. Maybe even sitting atop the Eiffel Tower while enjoying a café, as she was now. Feeling a bit chilly, Astro Girl drew the cape over her shoulders as she sipped her espresso.

Paris was particularly beautiful at night. Someday she’d have to find the time to come visit the Louvre during business hours. She could see the lights of the Inverted Pyramid and marveled at the design. Astro Girl was shocked out of her reverie when the cries of someone in danger pierced her ultra-sensitive hearing. In a blur of purple and white, she was gone.

On a dark street corner, a young purse snatcher armed with a snub-nosed thirty-eight pushed a woman to the ground as he ran away with his prize. He turned back to make sure she was on the ground and then as he turned his face collided with Astro Girl’s shoulder. Stunned by the impact he stumble back and hit the ground.

“You probably want to give that back,” Astro Girl told him in even tones. The youth shouted some in French, which Astro Girl didn’t understand, then drew his firearm on her. “Apparently you haven’t heard, but that won’t do you any good,” Astro Girl said, trying to talk him down calmly.

The shot rang out and, much to the muggers chagrin, Astro Girl was unphased. The pancaked bullet hit the ground just before her feet with a metallic ting. Astro Girl sighed and took the gun from him, then squeezed it like it was clay. In a panic the mugger scrambled to his feet, only to be hefted over Astro Girl’s head with one hand. Calmly she removed the purse from his thrashing grip as he cursed then offered it back to the lady he had tried to rob.

“Did you want to press charges, madam?” Astro Girl asked.

The former victim smirked, “Non, I think a bath would be most appropriate.”

Astro nodded, bid the French lady farewell, and then she was off in the air to the Saint-Martin Canal. On arrival she floated over the water and held the mugger there with her. “Do you speak English?” Astro Girl demanded.

“Oui, uhh I mean yes,” he shouted back, struggled not to fall.

“Good. Don’t run off just yet. You would get far anyway,” she replied calmly, and then gently set him down by the water side. He looked up at her, completely shocked by these turn of events. “I want you to do something for me. Do you think you can do something for me?”

The young mugger could only nod with eyes widened.

“Go home and get back in school. Do something amazing with your life. Become a veterinarian or an architect. Can you do that for me?” Astro girl asked softly.

He nodded to her again.

“Good. Now run along and be amazing,” she smiled at him.

With a howl he was off. Astro Girl took a deep breath, hoping that he would follow her advice. She wasn’t so naïve to attempt this with every crook she caught, but this boy wasn’t even thirteen yet. He deserved a chance to try to build something still. He still had the potential to do something. Wasn’t that a chance worth taking? Besides, encounters with super-power girls from outer space she found had a tendency to scare people straight. A pleasant scent found its way to Astro Girl, disrupting her internal monologue.

“I should bring some baguettes home for the boys,” she exclaimed.

Astro Girl Cosmo Magazine interview
    (accompanied by some professional-quality photography of AG in costume and fashion wear)
    COSMO: Astro Girl, thank you so much for making time to come see us here at Cosmos.

Astro Girl: No problem. And thank you for being so forgiving about having to reschedule.

COSMO: Not at all! How could we possibly keep you from stopping a brushfire in Tanzania.

AG: Just trying to help.

COSMO: And people love you for it. But, AG, that does beg the quest: why do you do it? Why do you put your own neck on the line every day for people all over the world?

AG: How could I sit back and not do anything? It seems to me that with all the power I've been gifted with it would be incredibly callous and even cruel not to use my abilities to help. For evil to win all it takes is the inaction of one good person.

COSMO: Very true. But what about you? What do you want, AG?

AG: There's not a lot that I do want. I've been gifted with the ability to go anywhere, to do anything. I've danced in the lights of the Aurora Bprealis. I've shared a cup of coffee with the President of the United States. I shook hands with the Prime Minister of England. I think mostly what I want is to be a good ambassador for my people. They're out there, among the stars somewhere, and eventually they come to visit and I can only hope I'll have made a good impression. So you'll welcome them as much as you've welcomed me to your wonderful, beautiful world. And really I just want to help. It breaks my heart to see others suffering, so if it means taking fire from a tank (which, I'm here to tell you, even being invulnerable that still hurts) then I'll do what it takes.

COSMO: How did you come to Earth?

AG: Honestly, I crashed. (laughed) I came here in a pod that crashed in the Antarctic. I've been back a few times but I've never been able to find the wreckage. It's either lost in the ice or someone has taken it. It doesn't matter though - Earth is my new home and I love it here.

COSMO: For the good you do, what work are you most proud of?

AG: I'm proud of everything I do, but if I could only do one or two things I would pick my charity work and relief efforts. At the end of the day, I do more good through charitable organizations than I ever could flying around the world saving the day. Particularly in the field of education. Education is the great equalizer, and some day a young mind will find a way for the human race to reach the stars, just like my people. Unfortunately, everyday there are young minds starved for education in third-world countries and the inner city. My charity work helps to build schools in Africa and provide after-school activities for those inner city kids.

COSMO: Children are our future. So what can you tell us about your people? You've always been hesitant to speak about them in interviews before. Why is that?

AG: There's not much to tell. As I've said before, when I crashed on your planet I was severely injured. It's a miracle I didn't burn up on entry. I don't remember much from before the crash. I'm still sorting it out, but I know this - our people aren't that different from each other. We have more in common than we do difference, so we should look to bridge those commonalities for the good of everyone.

COSMO: So tell us, how do you keep your hair so fabulous with all that flying around?

AG: A girl has to have her secrets.

COSMO: Come on. Women want to know how you keep your hair so beautiful.

AG: Well, I followed my stylist's advice. Flying at the speed of sound has it's drawbacks, like split-ends. But my stylist put me on saloon quality shampoo and condition, as well as a light leave in wax to help buffer against some of the damage. It's a very simple solution and now I rarely have a problem with it anymore.

(Two months later, her stylist was booked out six months in advance thanks to AG's endorsement and COSMOS.)

COSMO: AG, one last question before you go. Anyone special in your life these days?

AG: No, and that sort of thing is complicated for me. While I may appear human, as much as I'd like to be I'm not. I've never tried to hide this and always been upfront about my origins. It's complicated cause while outside I have the exact same symmetry as a human being, I am actually a different species. My people evolved on an entirely different planet in an entirely different solar system. It can get a little confusing sometimes.

But if you're asking if I get lonely, yeah sometimes I do. I'm still a woman. And that's okay, because everyone gets a little lonely sometimes. It's a bitter-sweet sensation for me. Despite our difference we're still very much the same. We have the same emotional ranges, similiar values, and most of all the same drive to make a connection with people. So while I may not be human, I do share in "the human condition", and that thought helps me.

Character Sheet

Motivation: Doing Good

Astro Girl genuinely desires to do good in the world.

Complication: Fame

Astro Girl is known throughout the world as the heroine from beyond the stars. Normally, this doesn't bother her much. She doesn't mind signing a few autographs or shaking hands with officials, and as long as the money goes to a good cause she mostly allows anyone to use her image in the media. However, you never can tell when the media will turn on you...

Complication: Weakness (Cosmic Power)

Thus far, Astro Girl has managed to stand up to everything from bullets, knives, and RPG fire; even a crashing 747 airliner wasn't enough to take her down. However, there is one source she might suffer tremendously from exposure to - the very source she was created from, the cosmic energies of the universe.

-ABILITIES-
    Str 12 Agi 3 Fgt 8 Awr 1
    Sta 12 Dex 1 int 0 Pre 3

-POWERS-
    Flight: Flight 9 (1000mph) * 18pts

Invulnerability: Enhanced Stamina 10, Immunity (Life Support) 10, Impervious
    Toughness 12 * 42pts

Super-Senses: Senses (Extended Hearing, Ultra-Hearing) 2 * 2pts

Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 and Enhanced Strength (Limited to
    Lifting; 400 tons) 2 * 22pts

-ADVANTAGES-
    Attractive 2, Power Attack

-SKILLS
    Insight 7 (+8), Perception 7 (+8), Persausion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throwing 7 (+8)

-DEFENSES-
    Dodge 8
    Fortitude 12
    Parry 8
    Toughness 12
    Willpower 6

-OFFENSES-
    Initiative +3
    Unarmed Attack +8, Close Damage 12
    Thrown Attack +8, Ranged Damage 12

Abilities 40pts + Powers 84pts + Advantages 3pt + Skills 13pts + Defenses 10pts

Unspent Power Points: 3
    Hero Points: 1

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Deciduous character stats. Need a little ruling, is psychic descriptions common or very common? I thought he should have an immunity since he lacks a normal meat brain for other meat brains to connect to. I called it common (10 rank immunity) but if it is very common (20) i can tweak.
    ABILITIES
    Str 1, Stam 4, Ag 5, Dex 0, Fighting 6, Int 0, Awa 0, Pres 0 - 32pts

SKILLS
    Acrobatics 14 (+19), Stealth 14 (+19), Combat (Affliction) 4 (+10) - 16 pts

ADVANTAGES
    Interpose, Defensive Roll 5, Hide in plain sight, takedown, uncanny dodge - 9 pts

DEFENSES
    Dodge 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 9/4, Parry 10, Will 6 - 17 pts

POWERS - 76 pts
    Affliction: 10 [Daze, Stun, Sleep] Fortitude. Cumulative [rank 5], Progressive [rank 5]. This is a poison effect, DC 20, DC 15 cum or progress
    Regeneration: 20, Innate, Persistent [10]
    Immunity: Critical, Disease, Fatigue, Poison, Sleep, Uncommon Descriptor: psychic
    Strike: 8 , grab-based physical damage, DC 23
    Elongation: 5, 250 feet, +5 to grab checks

Attacks:
    Affliction +10 DC 20 fort
    Grab +10 DC 23 tough
    unarmed +6, DC 16 tough

Complications:
    Prejudice: Being a vegetable in a world surround by meat is hard. Many fear the sight of me, consider me an abomination.
    Quirk: Very difficult to understand the motivations and "emotions" of these meat creatures. I only know it is wrong for them to suffer, so I always strive to remove their suffering.
    Relationship: Father is flytrap. He only wishes to help all meat creatures, but his methods are not acceptable. I must try to help him see the error of his ways.

Built to survive, Deciduous lacks many of the weaknesses of meat creatures. Originally created to assist in the gathering of materials (including test subjects) for his father, Deciduous is also built for stealthy infiltration.

Much of the world of meat in confusing, not the least the constant division into categories. Deciduous knows he is vegetable matter and he is different from the meat creatures. Yet they divide themselves into so many groups: people, animals, bugs, nobles, mutants, soldiers. All with different treatment, different rights. It can be very overwhelming. Deciduous tries to simply, knowing he must reduce suffering in anyway he can. Either by offering Dr. Myers tissue samples to reproduce his regeneration, or by containing those creatures that erroneously cause suffering to their fellows. While he knows many heros use suffering, Deciduous feels his application of tranquilizers will aid in bringing those erroneous creatures into containment with a minimum of suffering.

He has lived in Titian for his whole life (8 months) but only with meat creatures for 4 months, mostly spent in the lab. He remains with Dr. Myers in the labs, to provide relief from suffering however Dr. Myers suggests. He knows to trust Dr. Myers because Justice told him to. Justice was there when Deciduous tried to make father see reason. Justice spoke to Deciduous before, when Deciduous was collecting materials, saw the mind inside and sought to reason. Justice spoke of ending suffering and doing good. It is what made Deciduous think, and decide.

EDIT: Final powers, added elongation and a grab based strike (so he can do something against the poison immune).
    EDIT 2: Added earned power point to elongation.

zekebeau on
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    ... So I'm posting what I have written so far. I could and do expect to write more, just because I want to look at Technical's years in the slammer and how he actually became Technical.

I was in a bit of a sad mood when I wrote some of this, so I apologize if it's a little angsty/maudlin. Still, given the subject, some of it was inevitable.

I can't say I won't go back and tweak some of this later. But either way, it's a start. Seems like Technical is one of those characters I make once in a while where I get wrapped up in his story and just want to write everything. :)

Also, Mikey, both of us used Channel 12 independently of the other. Guess it's canon now. :P

Zeke, Deciduous is awesome! I love the concept.

Responsibility:
    “The FOOLS! The short sighted fools!” The Tech-Master interes his hideout shouting angrily. The android Edison looked up from a mass of wires and circuit boards, “What is the problem Master? Did you not get the materials you needed?”
    Robert Lewis snarled, “No! The fool Titan and her lacky the Copper Crab stopped me from liberating the isotopes I needed from that Russian freighter! I was lucky to avoid being followed all the way back here.” “Speaking of that, Sir. There’s something you need to see.” The AI Madam Curie spoke up, her voice coming from speakers set all around the large room. “I’m putting up news coverage of your fight with the two heroes on the main screen.”
    The Tech-Master scowled and stomped over to the large tv set on one wall of the warehouse room. His anger quickly dissipated as he watched the news reporter continue, “... we have confirmation from the Titan Police Department. The villain Tech-Master fired on a thankfully empty building. However, the energy blast passed through the structure and hit a full school bus passing by on the other side. At this time, we do not have the full story but Channel 12 will continue to update you as we learn more details of this senseless rampage of destruction perpetrated by the deranged mastermind.” Just before the news feed cut back to the studio, Robert could see a building collapse in the background. Just how many blasts had he fired to distract his pursuers? His enhanced mind ‘helpfully’ provided the answer he didn't want. 27, twenty-seven. If one had done that kind of damage, what about the other twenty-six?
    Part of him wanted to roar and rage about the small-minded authorities that had driven him to this, but a large part of him wanted to hold his head in his hands and weep. He compromised by falling hard into a nearby chair and sitting, frozen. Marie broke into his thoughts, “So far, the news says that over thirty bodies have been found, Sir. Though the news was quick to point out that there are still out of control fires raging and the full extent of the damage isn't known yet.” Sarcasm practically dripped from the ‘Sir,’ it was an emotion he was not used to hearing from the AI. Robert looked up at Marie’s nearest visual pickup, “What would you have me do, Marie? I've spent almost three years reaching for the universe. And I’m so close, I can feel it.” The AI had a response ready, “But is it worth it? I’ve watched you nearly kill yourself time and again in dangerous experiments with insufficient safety equipment or protocols. We've both watched you crawl home nearly dead after betrayals from your ‘allies’ or fights with heroes.” She paused for a moment, “And by my calculations, you've been directly or indirectly responsible for over three billion dollars in property damage and over sixty fatalities. I’ll spare you the counts of non-fatal injuries. Of course, your escapades today will require me to recalculate those totals.” Her tone held more anger than he’d ever heard before, more than that, there was disappointment behind the anger. Robert dropped his head and closed his eyes. Did she think he didn't know what he’d done? What consequences his choices carried? Who was she to talk to him that way!
    Evidently, she was going to tell him, whether he wanted to hear it or not. “You programmed me, gave me sentience, ... life. You are my creator and I your creation. But more than that, in every way that matters, you are my father. And I your daughter. Please just stop this. Turn yourself in and let this mad crusade end.”
    Again, that mad dichotomy, he wanted to smash everything in this small office and he wanted to curl into a ball in the corner. He heard Edison come up behind him, “Please, Marie and I’ve talked about this time and time again. At first, you just did only what you had to to continue your work and we followed you willingly. But as time passed, you got more and more desperate. Caused more destruction to get what you needed.” His artificial voice grew very quiet, “We can’t follow the path you’re walking anymore. You programmed us both with a conscience and it’s had enough. My god, you even worked with that madman Flytrap!”
    “I had no choice,” Rob protested. The words sounded hollow even to himself. “I know I've done terrible, awful things, but I can change. Really, we’ll move and setup again far away from Titan. Maybe in the Far East, where I can work the Black Market to continue my research. We can disappear.” He was grasping at straws and knew it. Edison shook his head, “That won’t work, not as wrapped up as you get in your work. You’d need some rare compound and have no way to get it and work with the wrong people.”
    The Tech-Master, Robert Lewis, hung his head, “Yeah, you’re right. When did you two get so smart?” Marie’s voice answered him, “We had a good teacher and father.” Robert smiled, “And who was that?” He held up a hand to forestall a response, “I know, I know. It was a small joke. I guess I better call the police.”
    “ We've already called them, Sir. They should be arriving any minute,” Marie told him. Over the small sounds of his lab, Rob could hear sirens coming closer. Again, a faint smile, “You two know me too well. Ok, disable the security systems and all intruder deterrents. As long as nobody is trying to dissect either of you, just cooperate with the police. We’ll talk as soon as we can. ... It’s time to face the music.”

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    Ok, @sakutian I am working on the Calvin and Hobbes idea but running into mechanics issue. Basically, to fully do what I want (Hobbes as a character that can be interacted with) they would need to be statted seperately.

I am thinking Hobbes is a tiger that looks like a massive tiger but talks only to Calvin and can either astral project or turn invisible. It always follows Calvin around (I see Calvin sitting in high school with Hobbes next to him in class trying to distract him or go outside). It provides all the attack powers (clawing and biting). Calvin has "imagination" powers, able to draw people into fantasy worlds? Kinda what I am hinging on right now.

sig4.jpg
    @Talonrazor Have you thought about building Hobbes as a Sidekick? You could take it as a Power instead of an Advantage to reflect the magical nature of him. Or maybe Hobbes is a Summon instead. At Rank 10 Hobbes would have just as many PP has Calvin.

edited February 2013
    I do have some issues with you making Hobbes as a second character, and it might be to your advantage to make the tiger a minion or a sidekick as Mikey already suggested. Even having him be a Summoned creature wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm going to leave it up to you but since I'm wearing my GM hat I am strongly in favor having Hobbes as a sidekick/minion/summons. Sidekick works especially well with what you seem to be trying to do.

The major problem with making him as a second character is I would basically be handing you twice as many power points as every other player and that wouldn't be fair.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    I meant doing him as a Summoned Heroic. I am currently statting Calvin as such and I am loving it so far. Imaginary attacks, Transmogifer Ray Gun, an awesome red truck named The Red Wagon....

Yes!

sig4.jpg
    Sorry Talonrazer, I didn't realize you'd been planning handly Hobbes as a summoned heroic.

Oh zekeabeau psychic is actually going to be considered an uncommong descriptor in this setting. Psychics aren't running around all over the place, and those who do have that ability are prized.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    I have no idea why I love setting characters up to fail so much...

Anyway, I think I've got it down now. I would have given her Enemies as a Complication, but I didn't want to step on your toes as the GM. The Triferaen and whether you use them or not is completely up to you.

I actually did do the math, too. She is in fact faster than a bullet and could catch a crashing 747.

It is interesting how you've taken one of the most well now superheor backgrounds and given it a little twist to make it your own Mikey. The Trifeaen could make for an interesting plot twist as well. My one note is that the hero you mentioned in Astrog Girl's background is the Copper Crab, not the Copper Crap.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    edited February 2013
    One of the things I enjoy the most when writing is taking a trope and turning it on its head. Thus we end up with Astro Girl. My character in Talonrazor's game, the Raven, also emerged from this thought process.

Whoops! Fixed it.

Mikey CTS on
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Copper Crap!

A villain must now call him that. Sounds just like the stupid thing a thug would say.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    So what happened to Edison after Technical was locked up?

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Copper Crap!

A villain must now call him that. Sounds just like the stupid thing a thug would say.

"I am... the Copper Crapper! Beware my foul deeds!"

Sakutian wrote: »
    So what happened to Edison after Technical was locked up?

I was going to be writing that part when I had the time, though I had been thinking that the two AI's did cooperate with the authorities and that Rob said that if the two of them were destroyed that he would break out of jail and make the people responsible pay.
    I'm thinking that after he got released, he took the two as assistants again in his work. I was also thinking that before he became Technical that he was working at Chimera Labs.

steam_sig.png
    Sounds good to me, I was just wondering becuase I liked what I saw of that android.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, he was who I had fully in mind with the Minion advantage. Same with Marie and the AI feature.

Rob might/might not deny it, but those two are his kids in his mind and he will protect them at any cost.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Under-Earth! Land of forgotten wonders! For many aeons, the centre of the planet has hidden a vast paradise land, with it's internal sun and moon circling the great central skystone upon which the under-heavens lie. Steaming jungles, deep oceans, towering mountains, roaring volcanos and extremities of weather, flora and fauna never before seen upon the outer surface, all these things and more are hidden below, only accessible through lost tunnels and passageways through the mountains and oceans of humanity's world.

Great civilizations aplenty have been forged in these lands, wrought by the hands of the people of Ultima, many of which appear human but for strange skin tones, such as the amphibious water peoples, and the rich, red skinned volcano people. Others are yet more stranger, such as the wild and savage blue ape-men, the powerfully built and industrious serpent-men, the be-winged and beaked skydivers. Yet even as many of these civilizations lie in crumbling ruins, their magnificent art and cunning crafts locked within mouldering tombs of ancient kings, one land stands above all. Ultima! Greatest of Kingdoms! It's reaches are further than any surface empire, and it's population is great, though varied, with all cultures and under-races making up the greatest empire the Under-Earth has ever seen. The art of Ultima is as refined and varied as can be imagined, and though it's cities appear to be created in an ancient style of stone towers and high walls, the technology of Ultima is very advanced, with ray technology, repulsor units and more being relatively common.

And how has Ultima stayed a bastion of technology, learning, art and order? The answers are many, but highest amongst them stands one: the Ultiman Kings. Unlike the Kings of the surface past, Ultiman Kings and Queens have never had absolute rule, instead they are more public servants of the highest respect and honour, being held in great regard for their wisdom and strength, but sharing power with the Senate, which as many representatives from across the Empire. The Royal line is hereditary, and for good reason. For thousands of years ago, in Ultima's darkest time, an oath was sworn between the unknown first King and Gaea herself, who blessed him with the strength of the lands in return for service towards Ultima, her chosen kingdom. Ever since then, the royal descendants of that first king, no matter who marries into the line, have displayed superhuman physical strength, speed and endurance, as well as more unusual abilities. It is said that even in their youth, the air, sea and earth allows them passage wherever they go, so they may defend all the peoples of their Kingdom, whether they live in the depths of the mountain caverns, the highest of the volcanic peaks, or the deepest under-ocean crevasses. Some say that the land whispers to them, telling them of it's knowledge, and others that the strongest willed of rulers can even learn to shape the earth, sea and sky as they see fit, causing swirling tempests, terrible tidal waves and surging earthquakes. Regardless, the compact has forever been kept, and Ultima has been protected by it's royals for more than ten thousand years.

The under-earth is deliberately kept a secret. The reason for this is simple, it's people have no desire for their lands to be plundered and pillages by those on the surface, who desire to rapaciously consume all natural resources. Though some men and women have found their way to Ultima, such as Rudyard Kipling and Jules Verne, they have always been welcome but had their memories of the under-earth stripped from them when they leave.

Such a thing would also have happened to a young Dr Jessica Verne, an anthropologist, archeologist and explorer from the University of Titan who was determined to prove that the journals she had recovered belonging to Kipling, her ancester Verne and even further back to Polo and Pliny did in fact suggest the existence of the under-earth and a great kingdom there. After a long expedition and a search that nearly cost her both her academic credibility and her life, Dr Verne finally managed to uncover a secret Tibetan pass in which a tunnel to Ultima lay. Travelling through, she was set upon by local carnosaur riding raiders, who were quickly and easily dispatched by Orion, the young Prince regent of Ultima, who intervened to save her. She was welcomed, as her ancestors were, but told that she would have to forget Ultima when she left. Orion, however, argued against this, saying that the time had come for the under and outer earth peoples to join together and forge a future together, rather than hiding in fear. His father Hyperion accepted this, as did the senate, and what better ambassador for their people as Orion, their shining prince, master of arts, fair to look upon and deadly in battle? Travelling to Titan with Dr Verne, Orion has set up an embassy there, but during the recent conflict has formally declared that he will step in to protect the people of Titan from such criminals.

This has been received well by the people. Already beloved for his noble yet friendly demeanour, Orion had quickly become a super-celebrity in Titan, attending high society parties in his royal finery, appearing on talk shows and taking time to give aid in troublesome times, such as when a twelve story fire threatened the lives of dozens until Orion stepped in and saved them from the blaze. Possibly the most glamorous diplomatic figure in America, he is a dedicated champion of justice and patron of the arts, with Ultiman wealth providing him with a rather pleasant townhouse where he and his entourage of fellow diplomats, aides and so on are living. Dr Verne has been recieved by the University with great celebration, and named the official representative of the United States to Ultima, a position she fulfills at the embassy, questioning it's inhabitants about art, culture and so on. So far, she and Orion have remained professional, but there is a definite hint of attraction between the two. In the mean time, though, Orion is often seen flying above the city and appearing at state events, giving talks to political leaders about a bright future of co-operation, but also retaining the honour and dignity of an Ultiman. With crime sweeping Titan, he is honour bound to step in and hold up the legacy of Justice, a woman he never met but has publically lauded for her steadfast dedication and courage.

TL;DR Glamorous super-celebity Orion, Prince of Ultima, imagine Prince William on his recent visit to the states. People love him, ultimate eligible bachelor etc etc. Come from Ultima, which is like a cross between the Savage Land, Atlantis, Aquilonia and Barsoom, with a bit of emphasis on the ancient style yet advanced technology and so on. Lizard people! Dejah Thoris style princesses! Giant dinosaurs!

Solar on
    /words

I was at my first day on the job today

and I had very little to do this afternoon

so, out came the notepad...

Glad you had some time because that is pretty darn cool.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Solar, that is truly amazing. The only way it could have been better is with gorillas, but I think you covered that well enough with ape-people. I see I will have to up my game....

edited February 2013
    Solar and Horseshoe both make me improve my game when I'm playing with them. :)
    It's just how it happens.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    Complications an shit

Responsibility: Orion has a responsibility to Ultima, he must protect it's reputation and people and act as befits a prince and ambassador of his homeland. If he was called home he would be sad to leave the land of the stars, but he would feed obliged to do so.
    Relationship: Dr Verne is Orion's closest surface friend and confidant, and he feels strongly about her. Where she to be threatened or hurt, he would be alarmed and angered by this greatly.
    Honourable: Orion is an honourable and upstanding man. He will not harm the innocent and he will not allow evil to be done in his presence. He respects courage and heroism, and will react poorly to cowardice, greed or other such things.
    Fame: Orion is very well known, his fame is rather widespread, and this can sometimes cause him problems. It can also, however, be beneficial as well, on occasion. Regardless, whenever he is out in public he is highly likely to be quickly recognized and surrounded by various interested people.

We can have more than one complication? I didn't realize... I added Fame to Astro Girl as a complication.

Yeah you can have more than one complication.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    edited February 2013
    If you read the DC Adventures version of the rules plenty of the characters have loads and loads of the damn things

Superman has about eight

Solar on
    If you look at the heroe's handbook it tells you to choose atleast two complications, which seems like a good idea since it gives you a chance to earn some extra hero points.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Psst... added a little design to my character.

Mikey CTS wrote: »

Very very cool.

So I switched around some points to give Technical the Eidetic Memory advantage. It was too fitting not to.
    I've edited the post with his stats accordingly.

steam_sig.png
    You know I didn't think this would get much interest but I'm pleased to see some people have come up with solid heroes aside from the two players who I already knew would knock it out of the park.

Thanks for letting me know about the change to your stats destroyah, that does make a lot of sense.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    edited February 2013
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

I love it! I actually have an image of Orion right in my head, but I am no artist, sadly.

Physically he is like Ultimate Namor, except with long hair, but the costume he wears is more like when regular Namor was in the X-Men, crossed with Aquaman, and with a big red cape!

Solar on
    edited February 2013
    Send me the details. I'll see what I can do when I have some free time.

@Talonrazor got me started drawing again with the Beacons and now I can't seem to stop.

Mikey CTS on
    I love your art. It works well for Comic Book games.

You should totally do a Beacon group shot. Because that would be awesome and I would totally use my publication design skills to make a comic book cover :P

sig4.jpg
    Hmm... I'll need to get some proper comic layout pages. I think I can do that, yeah.

I'll need a little more detail about what some of the character look like but yeah, totally do able.

Basically this guy
    ftcYxls.jpg

I know it's Greg Land, and I'm sorry, but Land is the only artist that ever drew him!

Crossed with this guy
    fhjCuqL.jpg

Pimpin'
    Except wearing a boss red cape
    H1WTFSh.jpg

regal

Ohh that's easy enough. No problem.

Sweet! If you get the time, I'd love to see the results. In my head he is a little younger than anyone in those pictures except the first, but in terms of massive muscles, capes and a love for forearm jewellery, all those things are right on the nail.