As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT][CHAT][CHAT][CHAT][CHAT] [CHAT] Thread

NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade UsernameRegistered User regular
edited May 2013 in Artist's Corner
Soooo I'm creating a chat thread cuz @Kochikens and @Mangoes were bein' silly not creatin' a new one *giving ya'll the eyeball*

It's all good though, j/k, j/k

I totally stole this opportunity

Super-interesting OP huzzah!

NightDragon on

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I guess its official, I'm a Regular.

Vanilla just told me.

• Options
    Also, House of Cards on netflix streaming is really good guys.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I think that notification happened to a lot of people...(everyone?) I don't know.

wut r u doin Vanilla!?

[edit] oh god, am I going to get notifications now every time somebody posts in this thread??

I never asked for this Vanilla goddammit >:C

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Also: GAMES.

I just played through and finished Antichamber - it's awesome and challenging if you like puzzles and craziness. You can finish it in a day, but I still highly recommend it. :D

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I am a regular now, too!

I'm going to use this opportunity to bump some music. If anybody digs old school rock, check out 2 bands in particular. The first is Black Country Communion. Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple MKIII), Joe Bonamassa (Best guitar player this decade), Jason Bonham (Son of Led Zepplin drummer John Bonham) and Derek Sherinian. (Dream Theater) They just released their 3rd album back in October. The first two are definite must owns.

The other band is Rival Sons. They're fairly new, out of California, and have a fun, retro cock rock vibe with a splash of psychedelic blues rock. I think they're also up to album 3.

I'd post YouTube links but I'm on my phone at the moment. For BCC I'd recommend "One Last Soul" or "Man in the Middle" and for Rival Sons go with their two new singles "Keep On Swinging" and "Until The Son Comes."

Juggernut on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    My friend did the editing for that show and I've been really excited to watch it. Now I'm even more excited to watch!

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    I suppose it's regular to be called regular.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Its just the implementation of a few more spam protections, dudes, nothing special.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Just killing my dreams Iruka.

• Options
    :C I'm sad

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Look, we all have to comply with the geth, he cant have competing AI all up ins.

Iruka on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Would you like to know more?

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Dreamslayer dragonsuit girl : coming to a manga shelf near you soon

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Geth wrote: »
    Would you like to know more?

But the geth already know what you know. Right? I mean... I thought that's how it worked.

• Options
    I was going to agree with Geth and then I realized I didn't want to call attention to myself.

• Options
    You probably made the right move

• Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/conrad-farnsworth-builds-nuclear-fusion-reactor-garage_n_2616998.html?&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

I had no idea this could be done, which is cool, but movies/games have lead me to believe that "nuclear reactor" equals "Glowing liquid light goo in a round shape that you can shoot to explode" so its weird that its just like a bunch of shit on a work shelf.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    holy crap new chat thread

with that new chat thread smell

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/conrad-farnsworth-builds-nuclear-fusion-reactor-garage_n_2616998.html?&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

I had no idea this could be done, which is cool, but movies/games have lead me to believe that "nuclear reactor" equals "Glowing liquid light goo in a round shape that you can shoot to explode" so its weird that its just like a bunch of shit on a work shelf.

I...what? Some kind of early april fools prank?

He made a cold fusion generator?

• Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Just got notification that ive been promoted to being a forum regular. Only took 7 years but now im one of you guys!

• Options
    I have determined that at a rate of 40 posts per page, I'm going to see 4,000 notifications from creating this thread.

Mayhap I should have rethought this

• Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Fyi regulars dont scroll up.

• Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I have determined that at a rate of 40 posts per page, I'm going to see 4,000 notifications from creating this thread.

Mayhap I should have rethought this
    Change your notification preferences! Click on the notifications button, and click the Preferences thingy in the top right corner.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    Since you don't have an active thread at the moment, you can just go into your notifications and turn off the ones for threads.

I was looking if there is a way to not get notifications for one thread you made, but I don't think there is.

• Options
    Hmm...I thought I had done that, but maybe I never clicked "save preferences"? Hopefully this will work now.

I don't want 4,000 notifications to hide an "Iruka called you a Butt Machine in the chat thread" message or nothin

• Options
    I'll make sure I @nightdragon you when I pull out the Butt Machine declarations.

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

Making a fusion reactor is difficult, but possible.

Making it sustainable and capable of producing an energy surplus is the nut nobody has been able to crack.

• Options
    Since you don't have an active thread at the moment, you can just go into your notifications and turn off the ones for threads.

I was looking if there is a way to not get notifications for one thread you made, but I don't think there is.

Could you bookmark your own thread? Or are the threads you make auto bookmarked? If its the latter, you could un-bookmark this thread Jen

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »

Of course his name is Farnsworth

tumblr_lfxwiwJ3yM1qfm6rmo1_500.png

• Options

Could you bookmark your own thread? Or are the threads you make auto bookmarked? If its the latter, you could un-bookmark this thread Jen

nah, its a different category. If you bookmark your own thread you'll get duplicated notifications.

wasser... have you seriously made a thread in every subforum but the AC? You dont have to post in the doodle thread, you know.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Have I? Theres quite a few subforums I don't remember making threads in?

Regardless, I don't feel like my legally postable output would really be enough for its own thread. Maybe if I get enough work on a comic done... ever.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    It's because @Wassermelone is a Butt Machine.

• Options
    By "every" I guess I just mean g&t and H/A

• Options
    franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    "Good & tight" and "Half Assed"

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    This chat thread needs some jazzing up, there isn't even a title-relevant image in the OP.
    Something like:

buonarroti-michelangelo-creation-of-adam.jpg
    Now looking at this does anyone find it a little dissapointing that the alleged man who gave birth to the human race had such a perilously small weiner?
    I mean if you're going to fuck the human race into existence you'd want to do it using the right tools.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Also: GAMES.

I just played through and finished Antichamber - it's awesome and challenging if you like puzzles and craziness. You can finish it in a day, but I still highly recommend it. :D

It was pretty awesome- beat it in around 4 hours (steam rounds :/) but it was totally worth it.

Plus i beat it in 4 hours so I'm smarter than anyone who took longer: I'm looking at you, all my other friends on steam!

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think I beat it in that amount of time, but there were two puzzles I had to.....*ahem*.....look up hints for to finish, because I got stuck for 20+ minutes each time. :oops:

...though when I did look up the hints, I only paid attention to them in the beginning, and opted to figure out the rest of the puzzle by myself....and the first time I looked up a hint, I was already doing the proper thing, just not in the right order...and the 2nd time, I'm not sure I would've figured that out on my own anyway...I might've missed a sign that gave me the hint on what to do.

Real live spoiler:
    I don't think I ever would've figured out that by making an enclosed space, I could "grow more". I found the hint for that later on though, by accident! The other one was the puzzle "Not Enough Pieces". I knew I had to hold the doors open, but I think I messed up the order...and didn't realize that in order to have all the necessary blocks, I think you had to come from the previous puzzle, rather than start back in the Not Enough Pieces puzzle right off the bat.

NightDragon on
  • Options
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I think I beat it in that amount of time, but there were two puzzles I had to.....*ahem*.....look up hints for to finish, because I got stuck for 20+ minutes each time. :oops:

...though when I did look up the hints, I only paid attention to them in the beginning, and opted to figure out the rest of the puzzle by myself....and the first time I looked up a hint, I was already doing the proper thing, just not in the right order...and the 2nd time, I'm not sure I would've figured that out on my own anyway...I might've missed a sign that gave me the hint on what to do.

Real live spoiler:
    I don't think I ever would've figured out that by making an enclosed space, I could "grow more". I found the hint for that later on though, by accident! The other one was the puzzle "Not Enough Pieces". I knew I had to hold the doors open, but I think I messed up the order...and didn't realize that in order to have all the necessary blocks, I think you had to come from the previous puzzle, rather than start back in the Not Enough Pieces puzzle right off the bat.
    Yeah, for not enough pieces, you had to come from the previous puzzle otherwise you didn't have enough.

I only had two times I needed help. One, I didn't realize how the green gun was vaporizing cubes if you didn't suck them up right. Game really gives you no indication that's what is happening :( But once a friend told me I was good.

The other was towards the end, when you had to walk away from a circle while facing the circle to get out of the room. That's so obscure and weird I'd have only done it by accident, I'm sure.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Why do people have to change the names of their projects?
    I could have sworn I had played antichamber before. There aren't a lot of games that look like that and can be described as "brain-melting." But no, couldn't find it- much to my dismay, since I have fairly strong memories of playing it. Super weirding me out.

Turns out I did play Hazard: The Journey of Life, the Unreal Tournament 3 mod that eventually became Antichamber, but in the hour or so it took for me to find that information my brain was indeed melting from the am-i-inventing-having-played-this madness

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
This discussion has been closed.