As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Line/crowd management

nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
If there was one thing I could fault with last years PAX it would have been line management at some of the events, particularly the big items like the PA Panels. Granted we were in a space that was too small & the population boom took everyone by suprise but it was at times frustrating. Split lines, late entries, baking out on the concrete oven.

I've never been inside the convention center... but this year will there be enough room inside so that our lines don't snake outside for blocks exposing ourselves to the torment of Mr. Sun? Thats the biggie for me... but also things like getting the mob in before the show is scheduled to start (since seating takes so long with so many people) and making sure the line forms orderly without splitting are concerns.

I'm sure that organizers learned from last year but I just wanted to bring it up.

nearlysober on

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2007
    Yes! And if there's one thing I always want to apologize for it's the line issue. We have just didn't have the physical space to make it work at the Meydenbauer Center, but this year line planning and crowd logistics were *huge* priorities for us.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Awesome :D

No need to apologize for last year... like I said it was understandable... we just outgrew our breeches. hehe... breeches.

nearlysober on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, as far as the weather is concerned it's been a much milder summer so far so I suspect it'll be much more comfortable outdoors on PAX weekend.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We'll be lucky if we see the sun in Seattle ever again. He's kinda out today, but it's not all that warm...

TrainwreckX on
  • aragorn18aragorn18 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We'll be lucky if we see the sun in Seattle ever again. He's kinda out today, but it's not all that warm...

Well, it's currently 103 here in Alabama, so I'll take the reprieve.

aragorn18 on
    edited August 2007
    The weather's fine, just a little cool in the mornings.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2007
    I say boo to this weather. BOO!

Bright sunny skies make it so much easier to go to a job that is devouring your soul. I want mid to upper 80's thru the rest of August... we need to soak up and store as much sun energy to prepare for the upcoming 9 months of overcast.

nearlysober on
    edited August 2007

Bright sunny skies make it so much easier to go to a job that is devouring your soul. I want mid to upper 80's thru the rest of August... we need to soak up and store as much sun energy to prepare for the upcoming 9 months of overcast.
    Sounds like you live in the wrong area.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • GodfatherXGodfatherX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    as long as the weather is cooler than what we have had here , 101 today heat index 110 ill be happy

GodfatherX on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Druhim wrote: »

Sounds like you live in the wrong area.

Aye, indeed. Love it or leave it I say. Overcast days make me happy and comfortable.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited August 2007
    Oh don't get me wrong. I love fall weather... in fall. And I LOVE the rain here. Summer in Seattle is a window that does not open long and I appreciate the variety it brings... I just hope it stays open a little longer.

nearlysober on
    edited August 2007
    Looks like it's supposed to warm up into the low 80's over the next week or so, but of course that's only a prediction and that's especially iffy that far out in Seattle.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2007
    warm up...man you guys have it made

Looks like it's supposed to warm up into the low 80's over the next week or so, but of course that's only a prediction and that's especially iffy that far out in Seattle.

GodfatherX on
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I just hope it's not pouring rain like it does all fucking winter in the Pacific Northwest.

smes on
  • SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    smes wrote: »
    I just hope it's not pouring rain like it does all fucking winter in the Pacific Northwest.

Fortunately, it's August. We've had some pretty fucked up West Coast weather lately, though. As well you'd know, fellow islander.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
    edited August 2007
    I don't think it's fair to say the weather's been fucked up lately, it's just been a milder summer than the last few. It's been cloudier, there's been occasional rain but really it's still been pretty dry so it may not be up in the 90's but really there's very little likelihood that there will be anything more than a brief sprinkle or two during PAX.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't think it's fair to say the weather's been fucked up lately, it's just been a milder summer than the last few. It's been cloudier, there's been occasional rain but really it's still been pretty dry so it may not be up in the 90's but really there's very little likelihood that there will be anything more than a brief sprinkle or two during PAX.

I like this way better than the OHGODIMMELTING heat that we usually get in the summer.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BigRed wrote: »

I like this way better than the OHGODIMMELTING heat that we usually get in the summer.

Pfff unless you've been through summer on the Mississippi River at 114 F heat index, 100% humidity, you can hardly talk. WA weather is some of the best in the country.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007

Pfff unless you've been through summer on the Mississippi River at 114 F heat index, 100% humidity, you can hardly talk. WA weather is some of the best in the country.

Because everyone loves constant rain?

futility on
  • KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    futility wrote: »

Because everyone loves constant rain?

Well, he didn't specify where in Washington. The Lewiston-Clarkston valley, for example, has wonderful weather.

Kyouteki on
    edited August 2007
    trust me, im looking forward to a heat index below 110

ohio valley FTMFL

GodfatherX on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Man, I thought i was muggy up here on Lake Erie, but 110 heat index? Fuck.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Woot for Lake Erie summers! 95 degrees and 95% humidity! Blegh... between that and sub-zero winters..it's no wonder I left. Originally from beautifully Elyria, OH.

Steel Fire on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, it is pretty hellish up here. Can't wait until I graduate and can get my ass out of this mess. Here's a nice pic from last winter for reference to those who have never been here during the colder months.
    pic021407_1.jpg
    Lakewood, OH, just west of Cleveland.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Damn, I feel positivly cool, our heat index here in the KC area topped out at 107 today. Although the temperature never got above 98, gotta love all the humidity just hanging in the air, and refusing to fall back down to water the rapidly failing flora in the area.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.