As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose your Own [Mini-Phalla] - GAME OVER, VILLAGE AND EBUM VICTORY

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    EPIC REVEAL: I was granted a power by mid-day event. I hope no one killed me.

MrT.
    Probably a good idea to announce this in thread, yeah. I mean you were going to die Day 2 anyway, so why not?
    Also, having a power totally means you are not mafia.
    Man, you are just super cranky this game.

The word you're looking for is super mafia, motherfucker

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Day 1 Narration

After climbing up the first flight of stairs, we see two signs, pointing in opposite directions. Our exits are WEST towards the Lounge, and EAST towards the Library.

>EAST

We decide to enter the Library in order to search for clues, and to perhaps enlighten ourselves about the manor’s strange rules and effects. After passing several smaller hallways and sitting rooms, we come to the library doors.

>x doors

They are not as grand as some of the doors, however an intricate carved scrawl around the frame depicts multiple scenes of monks with quills and primitive presses - we suddenly realize that the entire human history of written language is carved into this door. There is a curious amount of dust coming from the crack underneath. Almost sandy.

>OPEN DOOR

We twist the handle and open the door, and are subsequently buffeted by yowls and a strong wind. Our eye sensors are overcome with the change in brightness as a noon-day sun beams in the...sky? Taking a step into the library, we can hear the cries and thundering hoofbeats of rider and horse not 100 yards away. The same sense of vertigo from earlier comes again, stronger this time. We are looking at not at a quiet library, but at a small American Western village, circa 40 years ago, just like in the serials we read as a child. To the EAST, a rodeo is currently entertaining a crowd of townspeople, while in the WEST, a saloon is advertising a new shipment of showgirls.

>WEST

Before you can take a step, a shot ricocheted off the wooden frame, nearly grazing our ear. Our core shudders and creaks, as we consider the reality of our own mortality in an instant. We feel powerless.

“What in blazes?”

“HOWDY PARTNER”, a shrill voice cries over the din. A tall man, whip thin and clothed in black, rides an impossibly red horse over the desert expanse and towards the doorway. “You might have found my playground, but you’ll never catch up to me before I’ve had my fun!” The Baron’s Son rears his horse in front of us and makes a strange gesture with his hands with which we are unfamiliar.

“ADIOS AMIGO!” The young villain then flashes into nothingness. We stand alone by the doorway, concerned and shaken.

We decide that we need a drink.

>WEST

We enter the saloon and approach the bar.

>order drink

“We would like a human alcoholic beverage, please”

The bartender spits a thick, dark liquid in the general direction of a spittoon. It generally misses. “We don’t serve your-

>renegade interupt

We reach our and hoist the bartender up over our heads, throwing him through the plate glass window. The ambient music slowly peters out, perfectly timed for the scene. We take a bottle of whisky from the shelf and consume it entirely. We feel no effect.

If we could still sigh, we would.

>x saloon

One of the aforementioned dancers sidles up to the bar, intimately close to our chasis. “I like the way you handle yourself there, stranger. I saw how young Billy took a shot at you, I figure you’re after him. I know a thing or two about this town, let me tell you what I know, and maybe I’ll figure out a way for you to pay me back.

She winks, lacking any unsubtlety.

Dead:
    Mill, Part of the Consensus - Vote
    INANTP - The Detective’s Will, Vig - Spooked out of Existence

The Waitress has given you insight into today’s Choice! If you weren't currently a robot, you would also be worried about a possible bacterial infection. This is your consequence of choosing The Library.

If you choose to travel to the Master Bedroom, There will be an additional Vote tomorrow!
    If you choose to travel to the Gardens, The top two vote earners will be removed from play!

Pms are going out, please wait until I give the all clear

Langly on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    kime wrote: »
    It's Moria form One Piece and you all fail

i don't anime

I love comic books and I love anime

Edit: That's what you get for saying 'i don't anime', motherfucker

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    n6s2JiC.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

MrT.
    Probably a good idea to announce this in thread, yeah. I mean you were going to die Day 2 anyway, so why not?
    Hey, day's over. If the mafia wants to kill me, they'll have to do so tomorrow.

is it a one-time power?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I just wanted to give Iron Weasel some free time to watch Adventure Time.

It isn't on Netflix streaming, and only season 1 is on DVD, but I put that at the top of my queue. At my current rate of consumption, I'll finish the first season in time to be hopelessly out of date with something else altogether.

March 30th, man! Bleep bloop bloop bleep!

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    So we can choose from the Lounge, Master Bedroom and Gardens?
    or just the last two?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

MrT.
    is it a one-time power?
    is it bigger than a breadbox?

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    So we can choose from the Lounge, Master Bedroom and Gardens?
    or just the last two?

The lounge is forgotten, until it isn't any more.

• Options
    Dang amnesia plots.

• Options

MrT.
    is it a one-time power?

I love you, Everything Burrito.

• Options
    PMs are out. Carry on.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

MrT.
    is it a one-time power?
    I love you, Everything Burrito.
    Be mine, pimento piñata porcupine. <3

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Master Bedroom obviously.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    This doesn't excuse you from watching Adventure Time, Iron Weasel*.
    *Not a serious vote.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So it's either one vote that kills two people or two votes that kill one person each

I feel like having two votes is cleaner and less likely to end with strangeness.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    It's not easy, but you have to be persistent. You might have to defeat a demon lord, or warp through several worlds. But once you do, you walk up the wizard stairs, and produce your magic key you got in the water world and unlock the chamber door. Then, you walk right up to the princess, and give her a smooch. ...Does that make sense? Anyway, we should go to the Gardens

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Man, having a tryst with the lady in the Master Bedroom seems all sorts of rude with respect to our host.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    The highway infection is correct, we should go to The Gardens. Also, Baidol should watch One Piece.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Master Bedroom

More votes = more records = better

/look askance at TRV

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    So it's either one vote that kills two people or two votes that kill one person each

I feel like having two votes is cleaner and less likely to end with strangeness.

To Clarify: the effect of the additional vote has not been mentioned. It was not meant to be taken automatically as a Capital V vote. There will be additional democracy tomorrow if you choose that.

• Options

I feel the same way, but at the same time... the 1 vote 2 kills could lead to interesting results?

• Options
    Oh, I can't believe we haven't asked since naming ourselves: Does this unit have a soul?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Oh. Bad job by Langly. I still think the reasoning is sound though.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Agreed - we don't have a clear target yet, so I'd prefer to vote a second time after compiling some more vote info rather than give the mafia an easy chance to split their votes onto two village bandwagons while we continue to flail about. Master Bedroom it is.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Oh, well I still support two separate votes.

The second one might be a public seer or a replacement vig or something.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Gardens

• Options
    Oh, well I still support two separate votes.

The second one might be a public seer or a replacement vig or something.

He says, voting the other way.

• Options
    MID DAY NARRATION
    Oh, I can't believe we haven't asked since naming ourselves: Does this unit have a soul?

We have not yet reached consensus on this topic. Perhaps experimentation on extraneous individuals is required.

Dead: enlightenedbum - Fatal case of Sass Mouth

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    MID DAY NARRATION

We have not yet reached consensus on this topic. Perhaps experimentation on extraneous individuals is required.

Dead: enlightenedbum - Fatal case of Sass Mouth

....gods, let this be a thing that actually just happened.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, what was that, SlyM?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    oh whoops I am good at the readings

Master Bedroom

• Options
    Master Bedroom

More votes = more records = better

/look askance at TRV

Tastes better than blood! Or does it? Hey Finn, you think blood tastes better than ketchup?

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well's a bit of a downer. souls are over-rated and nonexistent anyways.

Master Bedroom sounds like the best choice in the situation, for all instances.
    :winky:

So, who had motive to remove INANTP yesterday, hmm?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Now, now, gentlemen. Let us not be hasty and reactionary. Given that we could be looking at a sort-of bad situation now or an unknown situation (the horrors of which could approach infinity) tomorrow, it seems right and logical to take one's medicine and chase it down with a pint at the local pub. To the beer Gardens we go!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »
    Well's a bit of a downer. souls are over-rated and nonexistent anyways.

Master Bedroom sounds like the best choice in the situation, for all instances.
    :winky:

So, who had motive to remove INANTP yesterday, hmm?

It's INANTP.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

It isn't on Netflix streaming, and only season 1 is on DVD, but I put that at the top of my queue. At my current rate of consumption, I'll finish the first season in time to be hopelessly out of date with something else altogether.
    Its on cartoon network literally every day. You dont need to watch it in order.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

Its on cartoon network literally every day. You dont need to watch it in order.

When you see the wicker devil in the tree afterlife, tell him Jake says, 'Hello.'