As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Beer Steins - East run

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I brought mine back home in my checked luggage from prime. They were totally fine. Then again, I packed it in the middle of my clothes ;) but the box itself was solidly packed with bubble wrap.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I know, I was supposed to post a photo, but time... Life has been too nuts.

I got mine, it holds glorious beer, and is now one of my favorite steins.

Thank you for organizing it :)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • mcslantymcslanty Registered User regular
    awesome. i know me and my buddies will be ordering, awesome lookin stuff. GJ

• University OgreUniversity Ogre Registered User regular
    I most definitely would like one of these. That Stein is awesome.

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Ooooohh...

Why do I not have this already? I'm in!

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    I regret not putting myself in the raffle for one at the GP4CP get together back in December, so COUNT ME IN!

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    I am totally looking forward to this, count me in!

fss_overall.png
  • elle21elle21 Registered User new member
    I definitely want one or two of these. I'm in!

• kikura1kikura1 Registered User regular
    I want!!

• ElfertonElferton Registered User regular
    I want!

• StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    These are awesome! I'm in for 2!

bftgk95jb551.png

• katstrawderkatstrawder Registered User regular
    I want 5 please! I am assuming there will be a formal sign up?

<a href="ArdentlyCrafted.com">ArdentlyCrafted.com</a> - Articulated Paper
    Dolls on Etsy
  • Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    Sweet! Count me in for a pickup at PAX!

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
    I want 5 please! I am assuming there will be a formal sign up?

The OP discusses that there will be an order form at a later date.

• mikh1313mikh1313 Registered User new member
    ...and my money is yours. Love the crest design!

• SnazzyGentSnazzyGent Registered User regular
    I'm in as well. I can't resist a good liquid delivery apparatus.

• ForumLurkerForumLurker Boston, MARegistered User new member
    Beautiful design, would definitely be in for one.

• TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    HEY ALL, How can I get some?

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
    HEY ALL, How can I get some?

Read the OP :)

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Alright so I've hit a couple snags.
    The first one is time. I had to put this on hold while I took care of some life and work issues the last week or 2. To be safe we need to allow 3-4 weeks for delivery from the time of order and PAX is about 5 weeks away. That's cutting it close.
    The second major issue is delivery and storage on my end. I'll need someone with a truck (or other spacious vehicle) to help me pick them up from the shipping destination. Then I either need to store them at someone else's huse, or lug them up all the stairs to my 4th floor apartment, only to carry them all back down when I take them to PAX (no elevator and narrow stairs that turn every 5 steps make luggage carts unusable).
    I've already sent out a message or 2 asking for help, but I dunno guys. It looks like I might have to say I can do this :( If someone else in the Boston area wants to jump in and take charge right now, let me know and we can work together.

HI3789R.png
  • TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    By any chance do you have a price for a rush order? they should have an option to rush the order with a fee

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Even if we cant get them in time for East, id still be up for getting them shipped out to me since i missed the last run if there is enough interest.

0j92muX.png
  • SnazzyGentSnazzyGent Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to help make this a reality in whatever way I can. I'm not local (I'm down south in Philly), but let me know if there's anything that I can do.

• TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    I already have some so I'm not in on this, but have you considered potentially having them shipped directly to Boston? You can ask your hotel if they'll accept the packages (normally not a problem, but depending on quantity I can see it being more of a potential hassle) and arrange for the delivery to get there on PAX Thursday or something. Just a thought so that more people can get their hands on these! (I ordered mine and had them shipped from the Prime order - they're totally awesome)

JQ1qRPt.png
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    I want one! Maybe 2.

Ok it looks like we might be ok here. Everyone thank @khadour for helping. And tune in tomorrow (hopefully) for more updates.

HI3789R.png
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Also, you may be able to get them shipped directly to the hotel- I've never had /that/ big of a shipment sent, but I've frequently gotten things mailed to my hotel destination, just called to warn them.

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Ok it looks like we might be ok here. Everyone thank @khadour for helping. And tune in tomorrow (hopefully) for more updates.

I owe that man a drink at game night!

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    @khadour is pretty much the best.

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
    The problem with getting them shipped to the hotel is that many of them need to be packed for individual shipments to people. So I'd still need to get them to a shipping place to take care of that. I expect even many if the ones being picked up in person will need to be packed up for safe transport back home so that's me taking them to the for asking and then right back to the hotel for pickup.
    It's cool though. Khadour's got our transport and storage needs handled. (Most likely. I don't want to say for sure in case something comes up.)

HI3789R.png
    @hkadour is pretty much the best.

I dunno who this hkadour is, but if you says he's the best, I'd like to meet him :p

HI3789R.png
    @hkadour is pretty much the best.

I dunno who this hkadour is, but if you says he's the best, I'd like to meet him :p

Haha, actually, I'd love to see Khadour as an HK unit. Meatbags everywhere.

fss_overall.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    The steins usually arrive on a pallet, and are pretty labor intensive to track and pack.

@khadour and @punzie - thanks for pulling it off.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Also @punzie - if you need extra hands to deal with these at PAX, you know where to find me.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I'd be fine with having them direct shipped after pax...less fuss.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Haha, actually, I'd love to see Khadour as an HK unit. Meatbags everywhere.
    Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squisy parts. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea...

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    It's cool though. Khadour's got our transport and storage needs handled. (Most likely. I don't want to say for sure in case something comes up.)
    I've got it covered. The HHR will fit a significant amount of cargo, so a full pallet of steins should be no problem, and we've got plenty of room in the garage.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

I did the last of my homework this morning and updated the pricing list on the OP. Steins will be $8.50 each. Yes, it's $0.50 more than last time. While I didn't see Lexicongrrl's math and stuff, I suspect most of it is because they have to travel across the country to get from the factory to me instead of the 2 states they had to travel to get to her in Seattle.
    I'll start work on the order form in a few. Expect it to be up this afternoon.

HI3789R.png
    @punzie ROCKS. (I copy/pasted to ensure the correct spelling of your name, haha.)

fss_overall.png
    edited February 2013
    Hear ye, Hear ye, Here's an order form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XmEd6PqSfBHIQH5Lu0tCyCtBW6-H-MIpgDKhALljvb4/viewform
    Isn't that an attractive looking link?

Directions:
    1. Fill out the form.
    2. Wait for a Paypal invoice (I'm doing these manually, but I'll try to be speedy).
    3. Pay said invoice. I want to put in the (first?) order on Monday, 2/25. That means if you don't pay BEFORE then, you will not get in on this order. We may be able to do a second order, but it will REQUIRE you to pay for packaging and shipping from me to you because they will not be here in time for PAX.
    4. Wait.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
This discussion has been closed.