Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

We're talking [chat]ball

12467100

Posts

  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Those meteor videos are stunning. Why can't something this exciting happen here?

    Much smaller target than Central Russia.

    But why would you want that, anyway? 500 people injured, mass panic. Plus, if it happened here, there'd be a handful of videos from people's iPhones, not a few million dashboard cameras capturing the Universe taking a shot across our bow in real-time.

    Edit: Burn on those dinosaurs. The only things they did better than us were suck and die!

    Zoku Gojira on
    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Those meteor videos are stunning. Why can't something this exciting happen here?

    fuuuuck thaaaaaat
    The most interesting geologic /cosmic events in the UK? Tiny earthquake and the coast gradually falling into the sea. I demand more!

    And we never got tired. And we never got old.
    We just ran through the streets forever.
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    The building I work in has a metric fuckton(roughly) of windows. I am near a bunch right now. If a meteor hit right now I'd be like Sid 6.7 at the end of of Virtuosity.

    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
    Haphazard
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Double post

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • CasualCasual Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)Registered User regular
    I got allllllll the badgers

    Revolver Ocelot
    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    The building I work in has a metric fuckton(roughly) of windows. I am near a bunch right now. If a meteor hit right now I'd be like Sid 6.7 at the end of of Virtuosity.

    The building I work in has been described by co-workers as "the glass palace." So, yeah. Glad the Oort Cloud didn't fling its shit closer to my neck of the woods.

    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I got allllllll the badgers

    Put them in your trousers!

  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Those meteor videos are stunning. Why can't something this exciting happen here?

    fuuuuck thaaaaaat
    The most interesting geologic /cosmic events in the UK? Tiny earthquake and the coast gradually falling into the sea. I demand more!

    Several impacts/airborne explosions across Central Russia resulting in 500+ injuries, concentrated in an area the size of the UK, would have meant fatalities. Glad that didn't happen, you should be, as well.

    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • BogartBogart MR. Lady Anime Registered User regular
    Come, friendly meteorites
    And fall on Slough.

    Casual
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Those meteor videos are stunning. Why can't something this exciting happen here?

    fuuuuck thaaaaaat
    The most interesting geologic /cosmic events in the UK? Tiny earthquake and the coast gradually falling into the sea. I demand more!

    Several impacts/airborne explosions across Central Russia resulting in 500+ injuries, concentrated in an area the size of the UK, would have meant fatalities. Glad that didn't happen, you should be, as well.
    Fiiine.
    Bogart wrote: »
    Come, friendly meteorites
    And fall on Slough.
    Slough literally means "swampy hole". I couldn't stop laughing when I found out.

    And we never got tired. And we never got old.
    We just ran through the streets forever.
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Did Putin really take credit and claim that they shot the meteorites down before they could do damage?

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Come, friendly meteorites
    And fall on Slough.

    Would almost certainly catch most of London within the shockwave

    I am okay with this

  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Come, friendly meteorites
    And fall on Slough.

    Would almost certainly catch most of London within the shockwave

    I am okay with this
    I live in London. I'd still be ok with this, there is waaay too much focus on this city.

    And we never got tired. And we never got old.
    We just ran through the streets forever.
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Bogart wrote: »
    Come, friendly meteorites
    And fall on Slough.


    Strike him down and he'll become more powerful than you can imagine


    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Honk wrote: »
    Did Putin really take credit and claim that they shot the meteorites down before they could do damage?

    Nah, this whole rumor has the whiff of batshit-crazy RTV speculation.

    Same people who like to bring on guests who think Obama is literally a lizard-person from outer space.

    Zoku Gojira on
    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
    Honk
  • CasualCasual Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    I got allllllll the badgers

    Put them in your trousers!

    That's ferrets!

    Revolver Ocelot
    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Haphazard
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would not give a shit if I died to a meteorite.

    It would look cool enough to be worth it. Come at me bro.

    Antinumeric
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    Too lazy to check Ebay. Fraudsters selling meteorite bits yet?

    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Did Putin really take credit and claim that they shot the meteorites down before they could do damage?

    I bet he's deeply ashamed he couldn't catch it with his bare hands.

  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Wtf?

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Triple post

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I would not give a shit if I died to a meteorite.

    It would look cool enough to be worth it. Come at me bro.

    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
    Honk
  • CasualCasual Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)Registered User regular
    For some reason today I am playing the first ten minutes of dredd through my head a lot. I love his monologue at the start where he talks about mega city one.

    Revolver Ocelot
    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I was wondering what exactly the problem on the carnival ship was, cuz I haven't been paying any attention to that story

    This is like a paragraph into the first story I read about THE HORRORS
    Passenger Janie Baker told MSNBC's Ed Schultz that people managed the situation well and that the crew was "fantastic," but on the final night, "people's tempers started flying." She described one incident where another passenger tried to disrupt a movie, and was taken away by the crew. "If we had gone any longer, it could have been much, much worse," she said.

    Aaaand ok I don't care anymore

    But there was poop everywhere!

    Rich people not understanding that they can't poop in their toilet without running water is not an emergency, it's just them being dumb.

    I mean, it sucks that that's how your vacation goes down, but you've got ziplock bags and hand sanitizer, and you've still got plenty of food and water, and apparently the ship still has power, and the weather is still lovely. It's not like they have to start fires in their cabins for heat.

    I honestly think they had a personal hell there, I don't know about your quote but everything else I've seen speaks to it being very terrible. Simultaneously it seems to me that it was so terrible because they were being dumb and overreacting. Basically when the situation started happening they immediately cast off society and went totally native. So it's interesting to me in a mass psychology way.

    I gotta wonder though, they have a pool I figure. A pool has room for several million liters. Did they have a bucket on the ship? Congratulations - now the 3,000 people on the ship can flush their toilets as usual for 6 months.

    Yeah I was wondering about that

    I mean it's a ship, so I assume it's a good bit more complex than just the simple setup we'd have at home, but surely there must be some way to at least flush it down into the piping?

    But yeah, it seems like the kind of thing where there's just enough danger to start people acting weird, and then after that basically just nothing for people to do, so people just sit around and start thinking up stupid shit

    History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools.
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Did Putin really take credit and claim that they shot the meteorites down before they could do damage?

    I bet he's deeply ashamed he couldn't catch it with his bare hands.

    BDIK_p0CQAAdJx1.jpg

    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
    HaphazardHonkKana
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    so weird

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sorry!

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Quintuple post?

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Ok posting is getting weird

    Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
    Haphazard
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I would not give a shit if I died to a meteorite.

    It would look cool enough to be worth it. Come at me bro.

    There are several known cases of people hit directly who survived. If it's not big enough to flatten a city, and not energetic enough to airburst in the atmosphere, but instead actually falls to the ground, there's a good chance a small meteorite will hit with painful, but not lethal amount of momentum, and be cool to the touch thanks to the low temperatures that basically blasted Superman's freeze-breath at it on the way down.

    Of course, if it's the size of that big space-rock all those gold rush era miners posed standing on top of back in the 19th century, you're gonna be pancaked.

    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I was wondering what exactly the problem on the carnival ship was, cuz I haven't been paying any attention to that story

    This is like a paragraph into the first story I read about THE HORRORS
    Passenger Janie Baker told MSNBC's Ed Schultz that people managed the situation well and that the crew was "fantastic," but on the final night, "people's tempers started flying." She described one incident where another passenger tried to disrupt a movie, and was taken away by the crew. "If we had gone any longer, it could have been much, much worse," she said.

    Aaaand ok I don't care anymore

    But there was poop everywhere!

    Rich people not understanding that they can't poop in their toilet without running water is not an emergency, it's just them being dumb.

    I mean, it sucks that that's how your vacation goes down, but you've got ziplock bags and hand sanitizer, and you've still got plenty of food and water, and apparently the ship still has power, and the weather is still lovely. It's not like they have to start fires in their cabins for heat.

    I honestly think they had a personal hell there, I don't know about your quote but everything else I've seen speaks to it being very terrible. Simultaneously it seems to me that it was so terrible because they were being dumb and overreacting. Basically when the situation started happening they immediately cast off society and went totally native. So it's interesting to me in a mass psychology way.

    I gotta wonder though, they have a pool I figure. A pool has room for several million liters. Did they have a bucket on the ship? Congratulations - now the 3,000 people on the ship can flush their toilets as usual for 6 months.

    Yeah I was wondering about that

    I mean it's a ship, so I assume it's a good bit more complex than just the simple setup we'd have at home, but surely there must be some way to at least flush it down into the piping?

    But yeah, it seems like the kind of thing where there's just enough danger to start people acting weird, and then after that basically just nothing for people to do, so people just sit around and start thinking up stupid shit

    Unless it is vacuum controlled in some way I dunno, out of three thousand I would hope 2,950 think of using the pool as flush source. So I guess it just didn't work with that set-up.

    Yeah I think they basically lord of the flies'ed themselves, a week more and I figure they would have started killing people off not joking.

  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira That Lizard Came from the Moon!Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Well, it's too damn late, but I'm glad I was up anyway, to check out that coverage.

    Be safe, watch for falling space rocks, never forget to check your references, and never, ever trust a big butt and a smile.

    Good night all.

    Zoku Gojira on
    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I was wondering what exactly the problem on the carnival ship was, cuz I haven't been paying any attention to that story

    This is like a paragraph into the first story I read about THE HORRORS
    Passenger Janie Baker told MSNBC's Ed Schultz that people managed the situation well and that the crew was "fantastic," but on the final night, "people's tempers started flying." She described one incident where another passenger tried to disrupt a movie, and was taken away by the crew. "If we had gone any longer, it could have been much, much worse," she said.

    Aaaand ok I don't care anymore

    But there was poop everywhere!

    Rich people not understanding that they can't poop in their toilet without running water is not an emergency, it's just them being dumb.

    I mean, it sucks that that's how your vacation goes down, but you've got ziplock bags and hand sanitizer, and you've still got plenty of food and water, and apparently the ship still has power, and the weather is still lovely. It's not like they have to start fires in their cabins for heat.

    I honestly think they had a personal hell there, I don't know about your quote but everything else I've seen speaks to it being very terrible. Simultaneously it seems to me that it was so terrible because they were being dumb and overreacting. Basically when the situation started happening they immediately cast off society and went totally native. So it's interesting to me in a mass psychology way.

    I gotta wonder though, they have a pool I figure. A pool has room for several million liters. Did they have a bucket on the ship? Congratulations - now the 3,000 people on the ship can flush their toilets as usual for 6 months.

    Yeah I was wondering about that

    I mean it's a ship, so I assume it's a good bit more complex than just the simple setup we'd have at home, but surely there must be some way to at least flush it down into the piping?

    But yeah, it seems like the kind of thing where there's just enough danger to start people acting weird, and then after that basically just nothing for people to do, so people just sit around and start thinking up stupid shit

    The sewage system relied on pumps. The toilets used a vacuum-flush system, not a gravity flush system. It was inoperative.

  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The ship thing made me patent a "shit-swing" though. You strap yourself in and it swings you overboard and you shit into the ocean in a safe manner. No longer will you have to shit on the floor.

    Tagline is gonna be like: "Just another drop (of poop) in the ocean"

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The birthday was fun. Gift of buns very much appreciated.

    Went to a restaurant bar thing that was almost empty and almost closed and they kept open just for us

    Then i got a message from a certain girl saying hey cadiokids haven't played yet, get over here

    So me and a mate left for that place, where there is only one ticket left

    Which he gives to me <3

    And since as a result i am posting from her bathroom again i owe him a lot of beers now

    ftOqU21.png
    Delmain
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    It was your Birthday, Abdy? Happy belated one!

    Honk
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Doggy is curled up in my lap adorably.

    PSN: allenquid
    Haphazard
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo When life gives you lemons... ...eat your delicious lemonsRegistered User regular
    Our new business cards are fucking busy. TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

    Well done marketing. You've made us all business cards that will be thrown away when the client looks at the back and thinks they are just advertising material.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    My kitten was all "dooon't gooo! don't leeeeeave me!" this morning. I fear for my wallpaper.

    Quid
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You can always tell if a game is Japanese or not due it using serif type for the hud. They always do that for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.