As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

texmex[chat]

AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
5883690098_87c5b51e95_z.jpg

It is the light.

Talk amongst yourselves

ftOqU21.png
Abdhyius on

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    What does Norway know of Tex or Mex?

I miss the taco bar by my old apartment :(

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Found Art is rad.

I am telling you right now that I have used fragments of posts in my poems.

215529374_ucnVU-XL-2.jpg

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Apparently Burger King's twitter was hacked. It's mildly amusing I guess.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Urgh. Skyfalls script feels so out of place. Like, it's thematic points would have been ridiculous pre-Iraq, and post-Iraq they're even moreso.

People running about talking about how we don't need human-intelligence anymore stands out like a sore thumb.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Urgh. Skyfalls script feels so out of place. Like, it's thematic points would have been ridiculous pre-Iraq, and post-Iraq they're even moreso.

People running about talking about how we don't need human-intelligence anymore stands out like a sore thumb.

I liked it

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »
    What does Norway know of Tex or Mex?

I miss the taco bar by my old apartment :(

that together it is the light

did you even read the op

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I am just tooling around with chicago apartments on zillow

it is hard to tell what is near the train >:[

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I kind of want to make tacos.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Note that I say this without relying on the authenticity fallacy (i.e. that "authentic" food is necessarily better than Americanized versions of the same food): Mexican is better than Tex-Mex. Straight-up.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

by train do you mean the subway system or the commuter rail (metra)?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    replaying the Back to the Future games from Telltale

I'm glad they continue the movie traditions of every single person ever falling for Marty pointing vaguely away and yelling "What the hell is that?!", and a Tannen driving into a manure truck semifrequently

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    We finally enforced a unified email signature and stationery on our Exchange.

Naturally, the lady who had pink comic sans on a blue background is bitching to high heaven that she "has to have it that way" because it's "hard to read" otherwise.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Wow yeah inactive fatass alert. Don't even try to start off running.
    I rested for like 4 days after that shit and I got a quarter of a mile into my walk just now and my left leg was like fuck youuuuuu and killed itself.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I would eat found cake.

• Options

what i did when looking for places was type in the directions from the prospective apartment to my work using google maps (they have a nifty public transportation feature that works very well for chicago)

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Note that I say this without relying on the authenticity fallacy (i.e. that "authentic" food is necessarily better than Americanized versions of the same food): Mexican is better than Tex-Mex. Straight-up.

Everything I've heard is that no, not actually.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Feral wrote: »

Naturally, the lady who had pink comic sans on a blue background is bitching to high heaven that she "has to have it that way" because it's "hard to read" otherwise.

Have her checked for color-blindness.

Like, it is a genuine possibility.

EDIT: Send her this - http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    This thread has provided me the solution to my lunch-soup selection problem.

121165.png

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Why do so many vloggers not edit their videos? Like, something will happen - maybe their phone rings - and the video keeps going as they deal with that. Just edit your video.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Chimichangas are the bomb dot com

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

the L I think

the metra is for to/from suburbs, right?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

THE DISEASE IS INSIDE HER

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm invoking Poe's Law.

599990_552912298063119_1665364532_n.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Looks like I might be getting that 30k house and fixing the shit out of it. Gonna make it art.

I'm thinking about picking up a pretty cheap place as well, do some work on it. It's absolutely insane how high rents still are with how absurdly cheap houses are. I could do 15 years fixed and have the mortgage on a small 2/2 be half of the rent on a similarly sized apartment, hell, just a bit more than half of what a studio runs around here, although they're uncommon. Property taxes aren't that bad either, although homeowners insurance rates suck.

It's crazy because the house is probably worth 160,000. Needs about 30-40k worth the work. If that. Needs new doors, new windows, possibly insulation and a remodeled bathroom and new floors.

I could probably yank out the carpets and fix the doors in a week.

Still need to petition my trustee to write a letter of approval for a home loan. Though I don't see why someone wouldn't loan me that money, I mean I've been employed at the same place for almost a decade, make more than enough to cover it, and would be saving $400 a month just in raw rent costs (including the property tax). Plus the 30K covers the repairs so it's unlikely something glaring would happen in the future.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaaand someone stole one of the tip boxes at work again. God damn do I hate the human race.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Particularly this muscle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastrocnemius_muscle
    It fucking hates me.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

the L I think

Yup. Also we have a super duper bus system that i actually like better than the L (although the L is usually faster for getting downtown, depending on where you are)

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

There is only one thing you can do in a situation like this. Hunt her for sport. Just don't be the Gary Busey character.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    This thread has provided me the solution to my lunch-soup selection problem.

121165.png

*checks ratio for permitted reaction selection* :o

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't think I was particularly diplomatic in telling her that it looked unprofessional and she needs to stahp.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    yo can someone jail abd or something? im tired of seeing this bright red desired thingy

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Wow yeah inactive fatass alert. Don't even try to start off running.
    I rested for like 4 days after that shit and I got a quarter of a mile into my walk just now and my left leg was like fuck youuuuuu and killed itself.

try couch to 5k

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm invoking Poe's Law.

If anyone wrote that and meant it honestly they didn't spend a single day of their life in school.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    God Raven, these hipster soups, can't handle it

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm invoking Poe's Law.

picard-facepalm.jpg

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Everything I've heard is that no, not actually.
    Probably because most of the people who talk about it are Texan, and believe that everything from Texas is better.

Ask them about Texas history if you want to hear them be wrong about other things, too.

• Options

the L I think

Yup. Also we have a super duper bus system that i actually like better than the L (although the L is usually faster for getting downtown, depending on where you are)

I want to have 0 cars!

• Options
    yo can someone jail abd or something? im tired of seeing this bright red desired thingy

bitch you know you love me.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular

Have her checked for color-blindness.

Like, it is a genuine possibility.

EDIT: Send her this - http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07052007

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Wash wrote: »
    Why do so many vloggers not edit their videos? Like, something will happen - maybe their phone rings - and the video keeps going as they deal with that. Just edit your video.

These people are not clever, Wash. They just videotape themselves talking! They don't know how to edit video!

This discussion has been closed.