As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Twilight Imperium] Game 5 - Round 8: Game Over!

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I do believe bereg and Lirta were initially occupied by the Naalu or are you postulating that they defended it so poorly they wanted you to have it?

PSN SeGaTai
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Bereg and Lirta are now, and have always been, proud members of the Naalu polity. Any so-called "memories" of a brief Jol-Narian occupation are obviously fever dreams brought on by the Naaluvian penchant for overindulgence in psionic recreation! This slander is un-standable-for!

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    AGAINST

I would rather smash everyone else's toys than get one of my own.

seek counselling

PSN SeGaTai
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Bereg and Lirta are now, and have always been, proud members of the Naalu polity.

Yeah, now...

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    For

I would like to keep my hand, thank you very much.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    L1Z1X: Against

The Ghosts of Creuss: 19 votes - Abstain
    The Embers of Muaat: 11 votes - For
    The Yin Brotherhood: 5 votes - Against
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 15 votes -
    The Naalu Collective: 5 votes - For
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 8 votes - Against

Jol Nar to make the decisive vote.

We are receptive to inducements.

Yeah, now...

With no inducements forthcoming, the Universities vote For the proposal. Let special forces and black ops commandos go forth into the galaxy and spread their cheer!

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Oh well.

We still got to punch SeGaTai's gasbag ambassador right in his stupid gasbag face, and in the end that's most important of all!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    All players draw 1 Action Card to their hands, I'll send out the draws shortly. As far as the secondary goes, I believe Naalu is the only one who would have any interest in playing on it. Once he decides to play or not, the turn will pass to the Yin.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Naalu

I PLAY the secondary ability, spending a Strategy Allocation Counter to refresh Bereg.

TG/AC/PC: 0/4/0
    SA/FS/CP: 1/4/1

Pass on secondary

Naalu was the only one with exhausted planets, so he was the only one I needed to hear from for the secondary. Yin, it's your turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited February 2013
    Activate Production
    Exhaust every planet to build 1 carrier, 3 cruisers, 2 destroyers in Rarron

MrBody on
    edited February 2013
    Secondary plays, everyone! (And I'll update the map once everything's resolved.

EDIT: OK, math works, never mind. 9 resources + 2 from Production --> 1 Carrier (3R), 3 Cruisers (6R), 2 Destroyers (2R).

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Naalu

I PLAY the secondary ability, spending an SA Counter to purchase 3 cruisers (6R), exhausting Druaa & Bereg.

TG/AC/PC: 0/4/0
    SA/FS/CP: 0/4/1

L1Z1X

We PASS on the secondary of Production

Muaat

I PLAY on the secondary, spending a SA and exhausting Darien (2R) Muaat (4R) Capha (3R) Tar'Mann (1R) and Sarween Tools (1R) to build 1 warsun (10R) and 2 fighters (1R) in Quann

TG/AC/PC: 0/7/0
    SA/FS/CP: 2/5/1

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited February 2013
    Well that's not ominous.

Jol Nar PLAY on the secondary. We spend a SA and Exhaust Jol (1), Nar (2), and using Sarween Tools (1) to build two Mechanized Units.

GrimmyTOA on
    Just wating on Creuss for their secondary play before moving on to Jol-Nar's turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Creuss

Play on secondary, build 2 cruisers and 1 carrier in Lodor, exhaust Creuss(4) and Lodor(3)

TG/AC/PC:3/6/2
    SA/FS/CP:1/8/3

PSN SeGaTai
    Round 7: Action Phase Update 1

At the start of the Action Phase, Yin plays Action Card "First Strike" to take the first action before going into the standard order. (AC 3 --> 2)
    The Yin Brotherhood: Swap Resource and Influence values of Rarron.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Play Primary Ability of (6) Warfare II Strategy card, placing the High Alert token into the Mecatol Rex system.
    Nobody plays on the secondary.
    The Naalu Collective: Activate Bereg-Lirta IV system (CP 2 --> 1).
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Mechanized Units, and 2 Ground Forces from Naalu Home System.
    Land 1 Ground Force and 1 Mechanized Unit on each of Bereg and Lirta IV.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Play Primary Ability of (3) Assembly Strategy card, drawing 2 Action Cards and 1 Political Card. (AC 6 --> 8, PC 0 --> 1)
    L1z1x discards Action Card "Faulty Targeting Systems" to comply with hand limits. (AC 8 --> 7)
    L1z1x claims the Speaker Token and selects Jol-Nar to play a Political Card.
    Jol-Nar selects Political Card "Unconventional Measures" from their hand. (PC 3 --> 2)
    Before voting, L1z1x plays Action Card "Thugs", barring Creuss from voting. (AC 7 --> 6)
    Voting resolves FOR the agenda (33 votes from Muaat, Jol-Nar, Naalu versus 13 votes from Yin and L1z1x) and all players draw an Action Card. (Creuss AC 5 --> 6, Naalu AC 4 --> 5, L1z1x AC 6 --> 7, Yin AC 2 --> 3, Jol-Nar AC 4 --> 5, Muaat AC 5 --> 6)
    Naalu plays on the secondary (SA 2 --> 1), refreshing Bereg.
    The Yin Brotherhood: Play Primary Ability of (4) Production Strategy card, exhausing Rarron (3R), Vefut II (2R), Hercalor (1R), Qucen'n (1R), Thibah (1R), Tiamat (1R), +2R from the primary ability to build 1 Carrier (3R), 3 Cruisers (3R), and 2 Destroyers (2R) at Rarron.
    Jol-Nar plays on the secondary (SA 4 --> 3), exhausting Nar (2R), Jol (1R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 2 Mechanized Units at Nar.
    Naalu plays on the secondary (SA 1 --> 0), exhausting Druaa (3R) and Bereg (3R) to build 3 Cruisers (6R) at Druaa.
    Creuss plays on the secondary (SA 2 --> 1), exhausting Creuss (4R) and Lodor (3R) to build 1 Carrier (3R) and 2 Cruisers (4R) at Lodor.
    Muaat plays on the secondary (SA 4 --> 3), exhausting Muaat (4R), Capha (3R), Darien (2R), Tar'Mann (1R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 War Sun (10R) and 2 Fighters (1R) at Quann.

Current Map: Round 7, Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 5 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 4 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 4 VP
    The Embers of Muaat: 4 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 1 VP
    The Yin Brotherhood: 1 VP

Public Objectives
    [1 VP] I now spend 3 Command Counters from my Command and/or Strategy Allocation areas.: L1z1x, Creuss, Naalu, Muaat, Jol-Nar
    [1 VP] I am blockading an opponent's Space Dock.: Jol-Nar, Muaat
    [1 VP] I control planets with a total influence greater than the player to my immediate right and greater than the player to my immediate left.: Creuss, Yin, Jol-Nar
    [1 VP] I control Mecatol Rex.: Creuss
    [1 VP] I successfully invaded one planet containing at least 1 opposing Ground Force this turn.: Jol-Nar, L1z1x
    [1 VP] I now spend 4 Trade Goods, 3 resources, and 3 influence.
    [2 VP] I have 5 Technology Advances of the same color.
    4 Stage II Objectives remain hidden.

Secret Objectives
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 Secret Objective
    The Naalu Collective: 1 Secret Objective
    The L1z1x Mindnet: [2 VP] Threatening: I control systems adjacent to 2 different player's Home Systems.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: [2 VP] Master of Ships: I control Mecatol Rex, I have a Space Dock here, and at least 8 (non-Fighter) ships in the Mecatol Rex system.
    The Embers of Muaat: [2 VP] Conqueror: I control all the planets in another player’s Home System.
    The Yin Brotherhood: 2 Secret Objectives

Universities of Jol-Nar - caliber and GrimmyTOA:
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 5
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 3
    Fleet Supply: 4
    Command Pool: 3

Trade Contracts: L1z1x [1], Yin [1]
    Technology: Hylar V Assault Laser, Deep Space Cannon, Magen Defense Grid, War Sun, Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters, Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Micro Technology, Nano Technology, Graviton Laser System

Worlds:
    X - Jol (1R, 2I)
    X - Nar (2R, 3I)
    R - Arinam (1R, 2I, B)
    R - Meer (0R, 4I)
    R - Rigel I (0R, 1I, G)
    R - Rigel II (1R, 2I)
    R - Rigel III (1R, 1I, B)
    The Naalu Collective - stever777:
    Action Cards: 5
    Political Cards: 0

Strategy Allocation: 0
    Fleet Supply: 4
    Command Pool: 1

Trade Contracts: Yin [1] (Naalu [2])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Enviro Compensator, Hylar V Assault Laser, Hybrid Crystal Drives

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Abaddon (1R, 0I, R)
    R - Ashtroth (2R, 0I)
    X - Bereg (3R, 1I, R)
    X - Lirta IV (2R, 3I, G)
    R - Loki (1R, 2I)
    The L1z1x Mindnet - Iron Weasel and Fidoh:
    Action Cards: 7
    Political Cards: 1

Strategy Allocation: 2
    Fleet Supply: 5

Trade Contracts: Jol-Nar [3] (L1z1x [1])
    Technology: Enviro Compensator, Stasis Capsules, Cybernetics, Neural Motivator, Hylar V Assault Laser, Automated Defense Turrets, Assault Cannon

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Faunus (1R, 3I, G (x2))
    R - Saudor (2R, 2I)
    R - Vega Major (2R, 1I)
    R - Vega Minor (1R, 2I, B)
    The Ghosts of Creuss - SeGaTai:
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 6
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 8

Trade Contracts: (Creuss [2], Creuss [2])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters, Hylar V Assault Laser

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Lodor (3R, 1I, G)
    R - Mallice (0R, 3I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Mirage (1R, 2I, F (x2))
    R - Tequ'ran (2R, 0I, R)
    R - Torkan (0R, 3I, B)
    R - Wellon (1R, 2I)
    The Embers of Muaat - Void Slayer:
    Action Cards: 6
    Political Cards: 0

Fleet Supply: 5
    Command Pool: 2

Trade Contracts: (Muaat [2], Muaat [2])
    Technology: Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Micro Technology, Hylar V Assault Laser, Deep Space Cannon, War Sun, Neural Motivator, Magmus Reactor

Worlds:
    X - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    X - Darien (2R, 4I)
    X - Capha (3R, 0I)
    R - Centauri (1R, 3I)
    R - Gral (1R, 1I, B)
    R - Quann (2R, 1I, G)
    X - Tar'mann (1R, 1I)
    The Yin Brotherhood - MrBody:
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 3
    Political Cards: 1

Fleet Supply: 7
    Command Pool: 2

Trade Contracts: Jol-Nar [1], Naalu [1]
    Technology: Hylar V Assault Laser, Automated Defense Turrets, Enviro Compensator, Stasis Capsules

Worlds:
    X - Hercalor (1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Qucen'n (1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (0I, 3R, G) *values swapped*
    X - Thibah (1R, 1I)
    X - Tiamat (1R, 2I, Y)
    X - Vefut II (2R, 0I, R)

Special Effects
    Minister of Peace - Creuss may cancel a fleet's movement into a system containing an enemy fleet, so long as he does not control either fleet. The target system remains activated by the attacker. This ability is discarded after it is used.

Multiculturalism - Creuss has copied Naalu's racial ability regarding their initiative number for the duration of round 7.

Order of Play
    The Ghosts of Creuss: (0.6) Warfare II
    The Naalu Collective: (0.7) Technology II
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (3) Assembly
    The Yin Brotherhood: (4) Production
    Universities of Jol-Nar: (5) Trade II Current Turn
    The Embers of Muaat: (8) Bureaucracy

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Play (5)Trade II: receive 3 + 2 (from contracts) + 2 (from micro tech) TGs. Open negotiations between all. The spice must flow.

Direct financial sweeteners to: Department of Faculty Recreation, 1 University Ave, Jol.

Yin draws 1 Trade Good and L1z1x draws 2 Trade Goods. The following contracts are open:

Naalu [2]
    L1z1x [1]
    Creuss [2], Creuss [2]
    Muaat [2], Muaat [2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Cruess will offer deals to the muaat and naalu

PSN SeGaTai
    Naalu offers a deal to Muaat

Muaat: I will accept the offer of 2 for 2 from Naalu and the offer of 2 for 2 from Cruess, pending acceptance by Jol-Nar.

L1Z1X offers trade deals to any who are willing.

A 1 is better than a 0!

edited February 2013
    Jol Nar would like to take this opportunity to remind the Mindnet of the unique terms of our trade agreement. We thank the Mindnet for their continued cooperation.

As for the other trade proposals -- our Scienticians are working overtime to ram through the paperwork, but are finding it difficult to do so using this outmoded, cumbersome, and above all cheap equipment. Whatever can be done about such a situation?

GrimmyTOA on
    Oh, right. We owe you some money, don't we?

L1z1X transfers 1 TG to Jol-Nar

Currently Playing:
    Thanks kindly. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship with the Mindnet.

And we look forward to nerve-stapling your people and feeding them into the assimilation vats!

... organics think that stuff is cool, right?

Currently Playing:
    Jol-Nar we would give you 1 TG to approve the deal w/ Muaat. You can ask them for promised goods next turn-especially as they stand to bring in more TGs than us and are more dangerous with them.

PSN SeGaTai
    Pending Muaat's agreement to give us a Trade Good upon the play of the Trade card next turn, I believe we would be amenable to that deal. The Provost will, of course, have to chip in.

• calibercaliber Registered User regular
    That sounds like a perfectly acceptable level of extortion donation for our acceptance of Creuss-Muaat trade practices.

edited February 2013
    You're giving back the top two players (movement 3 cost 10 warsuns!!!) their trade deals along with giving up any hope of catching up with them for a measly one trade good each? Are we still buying Creuss' story that he's a poor underdog waif?

Good lord man, at least demand an entire turn's worth of trade income from them. They can either delay breaking even for a turn in exchange for guaranteed trade deals, or they can refuse and still make net zero income next turn but with no guarantee they'll have the chance of getting treaties next turn. It's still the better deal for them to pay you off at that price. They can refuse out of principle but you still come out ahead with a 4 TG income to their zero. With the 1 TG deal you're actually coming out a loser within a fraction of a turn.

MrBody on
    I'll agree to giving one trade good to Jol-Nar, if further extortiontrade negotiation is necessary I will be here.