As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unusual death [chat]

The Wikipedia list of unusual deaths is hours of fun.
1993: Garry Hoy, a 38-year-old lawyer in Toronto, fell to his death on July 9, 1993, after he threw himself against a window on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in an attempt to prove to a group of visitors that the glass was "unbreakable." The glass did not break, but popped out of the window frame.
20 crew and passengers died in a plane crash near Bandundu, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, when a crocodile, being smuggled by one of the passengers in a sports bag, freed itself and panicked the passengers who all ran towards the flightdeck. The tiny Filair L-410 Turbolet became unbalanced and crashed, despite the lack of any technical failure. One passenger and the crocodile survived.
Uroko Onoja, a Nigerian polygamist businessman, died after being forced by five of his six wives to have sex with each of them. Onoja was caught having sex with his youngest wife by the remaining five, who were jealous of him paying her more attention. The remaining wives demanded that he also have sex with each of them, threatening him with knives and sticks. He had intercourse with four of them in succession, but stopped breathing before having sex with the fifth.
2007: Humberto Hernandez, a 24-year-old Oakland, California resident, was killed after being struck in the face by an airborne fire hydrant while walking. A passing car had struck the fire hydrant and the water pressure shot the hydrant at Hernandez with enough force to kill him.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I am a very hairy man

lately i have been considering getting rid of the hair on my back, but... that seems quite difficult without an elaborate system of mirrors or someone to help you, at which point clearly you don't need to shave because you've already found true love

http://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Do-It-Yourself-Electric-Back-Shaver/dp/B000HQ0L2E

Everyone knows this is a butt hair shaver

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Uroko Onoja, a Nigerian polygamist businessman, died after being forced by five of his six wives to have sex with each of them. Onoja was caught having sex with his youngest wife by the remaining five, who were jealous of him paying her more attention. The remaining wives demanded that he also have sex with each of them, threatening him with knives and sticks. He had intercourse with four of them in succession, but stopped breathing before having sex with the fifth.

So it is possible

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

So it is possible

Death by Snu-Snu.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wow I'm def gonna get new frames

don't know my prescription... may be on my contact lens box

my frames are super old and bent and not at all good to look at. I'd like a stylish option even if I rarely take it. damn these are cheap.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited February 2013
    Guysamericankitchenandbar.com

5PNIiFT.jpg
    is fake

If you can eat here, you're a shark.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    my favourite is that the crocodile survived

that motherfucker is not messing around

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am a very hairy man

lately i have been considering getting rid of the hair on my back, but... that seems quite difficult without an elaborate system of mirrors or someone to help you, at which point clearly you don't need to shave because you've already found true love

http://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Do-It-Yourself-Electric-Back-Shaver/dp/B000HQ0L2E

I should have made this an affiliate link because I know y'all just bought 50 of them.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Hey great thread, can we talk about how Chandler Parons just became one of my favorite pro athletes? I mean, let's talk about it, guys ... Robbie Rogers just came out last week, too ...

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    2001: Michael Colombini, a 6-year-old American boy from Croton-on-Hudson, New York, was struck and killed at Westchester Regional Medical Centre, by an oxygen tank when it was pulled into the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine while he underwent a test. He had begun to experience breathing difficulties while in the MRI and when an anaesthesiologist brought a portable oxygen canister into the magnetic field, it was pulled from his hands and struck the boy in the head

WHAT

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    had my sister contact some people she used to work with. She seems to think my resume is strong.

Maybe I'll get the job at fidelity, being another phone monkey. Ugh.

well, it's better than doing nothing, and since I apparently can't live on hate ...

• Options
    2002: Richard Sumner, a British artist suffering from schizophrenia, went into a remote section of Clocaenog Forest in Denbighshire, Wales, handcuffed himself to a tree and threw the keys out of his reach. His skeleton was discovered three years later. There were signs that he may have later changed his mind.

creepy

• Options
    my favourite is that the crocodile survived

that motherfucker is not messing around

tired of those motherfuckin' (hairless) apes on his motherfuckin' plane

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

So it is possible

tumblr_loaun8UkdK1ql24gjo1_500.gif

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    re: fieri's restaurant

nyc chatters are going there on the 8th and

well

the real menu's only a lil bit better

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am a very hairy man

I just pick a razor when I buy some for my face and designate it my butt razor.

• Options
    Guysamericankitchenandbar.com

5PNIiFT.jpg
    is fake

the real restaurant is, sadly, no joke

• Options
    2004: Francis "Franky" Brohm, 23, of Marietta, Georgia was leaning out of a car window and decapitated by a telephone pole support wire. The car's intoxicated driver, John Hutcherson, 21, drove nearly 12 miles (19 km) to his home with the headless body in the passenger seat, parked the car in his driveway, then went to bed. A neighbour saw the bloody corpse still in the car and notified police. Brohm's head was later discovered at the accident scene.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    2002: Richard Sumner, a British artist suffering from schizophrenia, went into a remote section of Clocaenog Forest in Denbighshire, Wales, handcuffed himself to a tree and threw the keys out of his reach. His skeleton was discovered three years later. There were signs that he may have later changed his mind.

creepy

oh dear god

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I thought about buying glasses online but getting glasses without trying them on seems crazy to me. The fact that a pair looks good on the shelf doesn't mean it'll look good on you.

• Options
    2006: Mariesa Weber, a petite 38-year-old woman, asphyxiated when she became wedged upside-down behind a bookcase in her bedroom while trying to adjust a plug on her television set. Her family, believing she had been abducted, searched for eleven days before finally finding the body.

ahhhhhhhh

• Options
    2004: Francis "Franky" Brohm, 23, of Marietta, Georgia was leaning out of a car window and decapitated by a telephone pole support wire. The car's intoxicated driver, John Hutcherson, 21, drove nearly 12 miles (19 km) to his home with the headless body in the passenger seat, parked the car in his driveway, then went to bed. A neighbour saw the bloody corpse still in the car and notified police. Brohm's head was later discovered at the accident scene.

Your sig is perfect for this.

• Options
    2006: Mariesa Weber, a petite 38-year-old woman, asphyxiated when she became wedged upside-down behind a bookcase in her bedroom while trying to adjust a plug on her television set. Her family, believing she had been abducted, searched for eleven days before finally finding the body.

ahhhhhhhh

what the fuck

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Inspired by SIG's links, someone tell me just how late am I to the @_FloridaMan twitter feed?

Cuz it's amazing.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    this is definitely one of my top 10 pages on the internet

the wiki article collection of unusual articles is also great

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Inspired by SIG's links, someone tell me just how late am I to the @_FloridaMan twitter feed?

Cuz it's amazing.
    a week or so?

• Options
    Last one
    Jimi Heselden, British owner of the Segway motorized scooter company, was killed when he accidentally drove off a cliff on a Segway at his estate at Thorp Arch near Boston Spa.

How did I not know this!!?

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I thought about buying glasses online but getting glasses without trying them on seems crazy to me. The fact that a pair looks good on the shelf doesn't mean it'll look good on you.

WARBY PARKER HOME TRY ON

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    come to me, game of thrones season 2

you've been out for delivery since 5:30 this morning. Surely it shouldn't take 12 hours

• Options

ahhhhhhhh

what the fuck

it's like a page full of totally plausible nightmares

• Options

Cuz it's amazing.

oh my god
    Florida Man Arrested For Crushing Girl's Car At Spontaneous Monster Truck Rally | http://t.co/Yep5zO4J

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I don't want to know these things

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Last one
    Jimi Heselden, British owner of the Segway motorized scooter company, was killed when he accidentally drove off a cliff on a Segway at his estate at Thorp Arch near Boston Spa.

The powerful Segway lobby kept it hush hush.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I predict a riot

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    come to me, game of thrones season 2

you've been out for delivery since 5:30 this morning. Surely it shouldn't take 12 hours

mine hasn't even shippedddddddd

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

Cuz it's amazing.
    a week or so?

Huh, who knew? It's pretty good. I'm usually pretty late to these things.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Tracy J. Kraling, 31, was killed at Regions Hospital in Minnesota after entering a walk-in autoclave. The door closed while she was inside, and the machine automatically started, scalding her with 180 °F (82 °C) water

A walk-in autoclave. Jesus christ, this is the worst idea in the history of ideas.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    What are cloves now?

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Last one

Segway kept changing the subject.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    2008: David Phyall, 50, the last resident in a block of flats due to be demolished in Bishopstoke, near Southampton, Hampshire, England, cut off his own head with a chainsaw to highlight the injustice of being forced to move out.[193][194]

This discussion has been closed.