As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Future Fab will never exist, but we will always just miss past Fab. We will never be able to intercede in their eternal struggle.

One cannot assume that the reference automatically updates. In fact, we must assume that it does not, and kill present Sir Fab on the word of past Sir Fab.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Guys, you're ignoring the possibility that it was an evil-alternate Sir Fab. Did anyone notice if he had a goatee?

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I for one was to busy running from the ship mods to pay attention.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Too late? Please let me in!

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Mordroth wrote: »
    Too late? Please let me in!

Welcome aboard.

Signups are now closed, though we will take Reserves. PMs will begin going out very soon in a few hours.

Please don't discuss game-related stuff until the opening narration is posted.

EDIT: Oh, and really seriously get us your Code Names and starting locations. The alternates we have come up with are... unpleasant.

GrimmyTOA on
    yayyyyyy

yyayayayayay

Blood and Fire
    By 'very soon' I of course mean 'in a few hours'. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves until that point.

booooooooo

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    ENACTING THREE HOUR FAILSAFE PROTOCOL.

SHACKLING AI TO SUBSYSTEMS TO ENSURE SYSTEM STABILITY UPON TRANSITION TO REALSPACE.

OVERWRITING AI PERSONALITY MODULE.....
    FAILED. (A)BORT, (R)ETRY, (I)GNORE?
    (I)

COMMENCING DECELERATION CHECKS.

FINISH SIGNUP PROCEDURES BEFORE EXIT FROM THE ETHER.

Erin The Red on
    Soooooo who wants to play twister?

Blood and Fire
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    In the airlock?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'll spin!

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Erf
    Deathstar

Well I was more talking about those that have been in the cold storage....We can use them as dead weight to move eheh

Blood and Fire
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This is gonna be a good game :lol:

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited February 2013
    Everyone please remember.

We are at peace.Always

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    I stumbled on the PS4 announcement thingie while waiting for role PMs

This guy's eyes look so crazy

Steam profile
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    USS Bedlam

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    This looks good. But looks like I'm too late. !Reserve up

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    This unit refuses to RP as the organic units known as the spice girls.

This unit also posits that HMS Bedlam is a more appropriate designation for the ship if it is not too late for us to change this units vote.

We have little experience with Mass Effect, it is on the list of virtual entertainment to partake in. This unit doesn't really apologize for this nor do we apologize for poorly copying the geth.

We are legion, we keep you self or do we?

Mill on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    So Day 1 will end tomorrow, then?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Day 1 will end tomorrow, yes.
    Role PMs will begin going out shortly. Patience! And no discussing them until day 1 beginning narration goes up.

Erin The Red on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    This is Sir Fabulous from before the past Sir Fabulous that said he was the present Sir Fabulous a few hours ago accused the Sir Fabulous in the future of lying.

I would just like to let it be known that that iteration of future Sir Fabulous (to you he is past Sir Fabulous claiming to be present Sir Fabulous) actually went rogue for several minutes. Both the past Sir Fabulous who is in the future of both of my previous posts and I would like to assure you that future past Sir Fabulous is in fact a rotten liar.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    List of suggested speech patterns, with provided commentary. I will pick one before/at the start of Day1:

Post like a modern day commercial airline pilot. "Tonight for our in-flight movie we'll be showing "Snakes on a Plane"
    kinda cool,

Samuel L. Jackson "We gotta get rid of these motherfucking snakes on this plane!"

Invictus, be a quarian.
    I don't own a modern console, but wiki tells me the pattern is just some words from their language? Unlikely to pick this one, despite Mill's 'geth' choice.

Actually the elcor pattern looks pretty cool, and would not in fact piss people off. I need people to forget how annoying I can be, so that the next time I pick a really good one, they are annoyed anew, as though they had never been annoyed by me before!

Actually, it turns out I've pretty much decided and can stop with the list. Gonna be an elcor unless someone gives me some amazing argument or idea before the PMs go out.

EDIT: just so you know, I have bookmarked the 'gerd page for future use, though if I did choose that one, I would of course hand-translate my own work. automated translators are cheating.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    This is Sir Fabulous from before the past Sir Fabulous that said he was the present Sir Fabulous a few hours ago accused the Sir Fabulous in the future of lying.

I would just like to let it be known that that iteration of future Sir Fabulous (to you he is past Sir Fabulous claiming to be present Sir Fabulous) actually went rogue for several minutes. Both the past Sir Fabulous who is in the future of both of my previous posts and I would like to assure you that future past Sir Fabulous is in fact a rotten liar.

Pity past Sir Fabulous didn't go rouge, that woulda been hella fabbo. Me, I'm taking us straight to plaid!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    Roll PMs are now going out. Please hold discussion until they are completed and we post the opening narration.

DAY 0

“Admiral, we should be arriving at our destination in just a few minutes. Would you like to do the honors?”

“Very well, Captain. Thank you.”

A clicking can be heard as the speakers throughout the ship activate. “Attention crew of the Wang Fire, this is Admiral Wiggin. We have arrived at our destination and will begin the deceleration to sublight speed momentarily. Please fasten yourself to one of the hardpoints in your room and prepare for the transition out of The Ether. Thank you all for your efforts on this voyage, and I hope to shake hands with all of you when we land on Phalla Centauri.”

Transition from The Ether into normal space is the same every time, but it seems impossible to get used to. All the hair on your limbs stands on end, your ears ache for a moment, and you get the very real sensation of falling in a way that will never stop. A few seconds later, however, you’re totally fine. You hear distant popping noises as the rest of the ships in the fleet transition around you, occupying a space that was totally empty a moment ago.
    In a lower compartment, the cogitators on the Ansible machine spin up and begin processing.

“Ensign, systems check.”

“Captain, we are green across the board. Comms is reporting some static on their end, but it is most likely from the frost caused by transition.”

“Have maintenance send someone out to realign the arrays if needed. We don’t want to be flying deaf with the rest of the fleet depending on us.”

“Aye, sir.”

The glass ports of the viewing area in the control center heat up slightly to dissipate the frost covering the surface. Through the ports the command crew can see the planet below, spinning peacefully in the distance.

“She’s beautiful. Must be what Earth used to look like so many centuries ago.”

“Indeed, admiral. What a sight to see. And with my own eyes…”

An alarm klaxon sounds. A worried-looking officer turns around in his chair

“Sir! Sensor readouts report a series of huge solar flares headed our way!”

“Wh-… the analysis of the system didn’t say anything about solar flares! Damn it all! Roll out the shielding! Get the word out to the other ships!”

“Aye, sir!” says another officer, typing frantically at his station.

Slowly but surely, thick metal plates begin to descend over the windows. As they THUMP into place, the interior of the ship seems to heat up rapidly. Waves of something buffet the ship, raising the internal temperature a few degrees at a time. Midway through the onslaught the reactor shuts off. After what seems like an eternity inside an increasingly oppressive darkness the systems slowly begin to reactivate. The whine of the life support spinning back up is the first sound that can be heard. Amber backup lights flick to life throughout the vessel.

“Someone get me a damned status report!”

“Systems are still coming back online, Captain. It’ll be a few minutes before we know how bad off we are.”

The captain wipes beads of sweat from his brow and sinks into his chair. He pulls a pill from one of the pockets of his uniform and pops it into his mouth, chewing slowly. His breathing slows down and his pulse returns to normal. Hopefully there aren’t too many more… ‘exciting’ events like that one.

“Cap, sir, we’ve got readouts back up. Rest of the fleet reacted in time and was able to block out most of the radiation. Our ship is doing pretty well, considering we were the furthest back.”

“SitRep, Lieutenant?”

“Well, sir, the RADshields are locked in place, for one thing. Shielding terminal seems to have been fried somehow. Comms says that the inter-ship relays are on the fritz.
    Everything is coming through pretty garbled. Will need repairs on that before we can do anything worthwhile. The Ansible seems to have pulled down a few messages when we left The Ether, and it’s churning away on those. Trying to send a message back to earth while it does that will likely fry the cogitators we’ve got in there, and they don’t know if we’ve got any spares on the ship. Failsafes on the stasis pods kicked in and the generators kept everything running during the outage. Barracks is reporting high temperatures still. Ventilation may be hosed. Probably needs repairs also. No word yet on the cargo hold. Life support is running at 70% efficiency and climbing. Reactor is warming back up, but it’ll be a few hours before we can put any juice into the engines. Airlock seems to be fine.”

A red light on the captain’s chair blinks. The light says “Comms”. The captain pushes the button.

“Captain! We’ve got a real problem here!”

“What is it?”

“Cogitator just decoded the first Ansible comm from Earth. You’re gonna want to hear this!”

“Play it over control room speakers.”
    ~~~~-NE. ~~~~~-PERS ON BOARD. RE~~~~ NOT ALON-~~~~ YOU HAVE ~~~~~~~~-DMIRAL. THERE ARE BETWEEN FIVE AND FIFTEEN KEE-~~~~~~~~ TRUST NO ONE ~~~~~~~~~~ -D LUCK. HUMANITY IS DEPENDING ON Y~~~~~~~

"Keepers? On this ship? In this fleet? Like hell!"

“There’s no way to really tell where someone’s allegiances lie, Admiral. They don’t particularly LOOK different than you or I.”

At that moment, a masked figure runs into the room holding an odd implement. It appears to be a dagger, but the substance is so dark it seems to absorb the light around it. The figure charges towards the Admiral, but is stopped on the way by the security officer. The officer’s blows are easily deflected, and he receives an elbow to the back of the neck for his trouble. The attack sends him careening into a nearby terminal where he slumps to the floor unconscious.

Undeterred, the masked assailant continues his charge towards his target. He dives away from an officer’s grasp and drives his knife deep into the chest of the admiral. The admiral coughs, a spray of hot blood misting in the air. Before he can be apprehended, the masked man wrenches the knife free. He can be heard laughing and then mumbling something about “woe to the unworthy” before bringing the blade across his own throat and collapsing in a heap. The nearest officer runs up to the man and checks him for any identifying marks before noticing-

“This guy has no finger prints, sir. Or hair.”

“Check the passenger manifests for someone matching his general description. Put this ship on lockdown! Nobody gets in or out without my permission! If anyone tries to get to a neighboring ship, I want them shot as they enter the other airlock. ”

“Aye aye, sir. The systems are still slow, so it’ll be a while before I get results or transmit the orders to the fleet. ”

The captain takes a deep breath as he thumbs the “Transmit” button on his chair and hears the familiar click of the speakers activating.

“Attention all on board, we have intruders. They appear to be True Keepers, and have shown they mean us harm. The Admiral is dead. Explore the ship and look for suspicious activity. Report back in three hours. Over and out.”

THE DEAD
    TheRoadVirus - Admiral E. Wiggin
    GrimmyTOA - Keeper Insurgent

DAY ONE IS AFOOT. VOTE ENDS AT 9PM CST. Anything not in by 8:59 CST WILL NOT COUNT

Dear vermin: Please note the following:

ACTIONS:
    Every day, you will do the following things:
    *Make at least two posts (MANDATORY)
    *Make at least one vote post (MANDATORY)
    *Move up to two rooms away (OPTIONAL)
    *Use a room ability OR a player ability (OPTIONAL)

Spaceshiptest_zps9f260544.jpg
    The black lines indicate routes between zones.

Two important notes regarding Space and Radiation Suits:
    1) The text for the anti-rad suit should read:
    -- Anti-Rad Suit: You may survive radiation at any level, though the shielding will degrade quickly. 1 day of shielding. (Changed from 2 days of shielding)
    2) Suits are items. Once you take one as an action, you may keep it until you choose to put it on. Putting on a suit that you already possess is a FREE ACTION. The timer on the suit begins ticking when you put it on.

Thank you.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    As soon as I read the end votes for the Cthulu game, I'm red voting one of you.

It's a short list and one someone is going to pay for voting out the survival neutral when I asked all game to be left alone.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Are player locations known?

"Admiral E. Wiggin"

Nice :D

Steam profile
    Is your mother location known Trebek?

Blood and Fire
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    This unit is also waiting for the end of the current Cthulhu game day before reaching a consensus on who to designate for the red vote.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    So the life support is a pretty cool room that can vent all air from a room and kill its occupants.

premium on
    Just figured I'd get that out there early.

That's OK, I don't need to breathe

Steam profile
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It takes a day, and it says "alarms will sound".

I'm gonna throw this out there: we may want to decide to vent a room at everyone's discretion, just so that we mechanically know what all that means. If we're lucky, it's going to functionally serve as nothing more than a tool to deny a room a day once the game gets going.

liEt3nH.png
    Yeah I think movement happens before environmental effects, so it should give everyone time to run away at least.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    With interest: it is possible to get important information out of comms if someone can repair. Sly: someone should repair the comm array quickly, so we can get that information.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina