As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sheraton TV hacking? Necessairy?

ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the swordhttp://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
I know last year they have available TVs for consoles brought into pax. Will that be available this year? Also--

Does anyone know sheratons TV policy or know anything more detailed about these rooms? they seem really, really nice. If the RCA (composite) plugs are available it won't be an issue. However, I did hear from someone here that a universal remote is useful in accessing these tv's

I promise not to do anything that can't be undone on these TV's. If I can figure out how to get a scsi controller to not be flaky on me, I think hacking the back of a tv so it appears that no one had even touched it shouldn't be too hard.

Viscountalpha on

• SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm having a hard time understanding this post, unless you mean just talking about getting your XBox or whatever hooked up to a hotel TV.

However, DO NOT FUCK WITH HOTEL PROPERTY. We really don't want PAX getting a bad reputation, and it's hard enough for hotels to deal with having so many people crammed in all at the same time. If property gets destroyed/damaged, they aren't going to be very friendly about having PAXians around next year.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • saliansalian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    From what I've seen at nice hotels, odds are the tv on the wall will be a small plasma or lcd, and if that's so, they are locked to a spinal wall-mount, so the composite plugs should be visible. Granted, I haven't seen the insides of too many nice hotels.. :\

salian on
    PAX Prime 2011 Omeganaut
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    stayed in the Sheraton earlier this year, they have tube tvs with the stupid lockbox on them :(

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone know what the situation is at the Red Lion on 5th?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Same question applies to the Crowne Plaza

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Samyel wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time understanding this post, unless you mean just talking about getting your XBox or whatever hooked up to a hotel TV.

However, DO NOT FUCK WITH HOTEL PROPERTY. We really don't want PAX getting a bad reputation, and it's hard enough for hotels to deal with having so many people crammed in all at the same time. If property gets destroyed/damaged, they aren't going to be very friendly about having PAXians around next year.

Dude, chill. I'm taking a hand saw or anything like that. Torx screws are really common and its not a serious offense. Trust me, I don't fuck other peoples shit up. Usually they get pissed if you do worse things. I know we need to leave a good impression, which is why I am asking-- "what is the status of the TV's at the sheraton?"

I would rather avoid any problems if I can make it work without any modifications.

Viscountalpha on
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My experience is that the more expensive the hotel, the more likely it is to have some available composite jacks on the front of the TV.

TrainwreckX on
  • kazuokazuo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If I can hook up a 360 to the TV at motel 6, I have no idea why these nice hotels would not be able to allow hookups for a 360 as well.

kazuo on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My experience is that the more expensive the hotel, the more likely it is to have some available composite jacks on the front of the TV.

I wish I had confirmation of this or not.

Viscountalpha on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My hotel has HD 26" LCDs in every room.
    All rooms have windows that open, 26 inch HD LCD TV's, cable, in room movies, data port telephones, voicemail, electronic door locks and include hair dryers, irons and ironing boards and complimentary in room coffee and tea.

Notice how they said nothing about an Internet connection? The rooms don't have Internet! :(

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • person34person34 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Actually on the official site, it has a bulleted list of all the ammenities the rooms come with, and the first one is high speed internet access (charge) which Im assuming there is access to high speed internet if you dont mind paying for it.

Clicky here for proof!
    Edit: Added link to the site with the info.

person34 on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    person34 wrote: »
    Actually on the official site, it has a bulleted list of all the ammenities the rooms come with, and the first one is high speed internet access (charge) which Im assuming there is access to high speed internet if you dont mind paying for it.

Clicky here for proof!
    Edit: Added link to the site with the info.

We are talking about different hotels. My hotel is the Executive Pacific.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • person34person34 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ah, see I was going with the OP. I missed where you were talking about a different hotel, but looking back on it you did.

My bad...

person34 on
This discussion has been closed.