As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 2/27/13: Hey. We can't help being great.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Graphic Violence
Batman Inc. #8, reminiscing of the good old days and the big moment in case you didn't read the newspapers a day or two ago:
batmaninc8a_zps2b7124d5.jpg

batmaninc8b_zps42c6126c.jpg

batmaninc8c_zps53665d7f.jpg

batmaninc8d_zps9ac10301.jpg

batmaninc8e_zpsa420c5e1.jpg

Uncanny X-men #2, Scott and Emma OTP, and say hello to the powerful Goldball! Plus a look at the Xavier School's floorplan:
uncannyxmen2a_zps9a90b2c0.jpg

uncannyxmen2b_zps48069ea1.jpg

uncannyxmen2c_zps4ad497bc.jpg

uncannyxmen2d_zps4eba2803.jpg

uncannyxmen2e_zpsc26c5696.jpg

Uncanny X-Force #2, Betsy plays Punch-Out, Puck plays Wolverine jr.

uncannyxforce2a_zps89eca410.jpg

uncannyxforce2b_zps54946724.jpg

uncannyxforce2c_zpsc942e386.jpg

TexiKen on

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I read Batman Inc #8. First new comic I've bought in months. I tend to wait for a bunch of issues to hit the $1.99 price on Comixology rather than buying right away. Everything about it was great except one, small problem I had.
    Nightwing gets the Worf-effect. Again. Really, I wish writers would stop doing that. If you want him out of the way, there are plenty of ways to do it that wouldn't Worf him. Hell, a simple additional flood of ninja that causes him and Damien to be separated would do the trick.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    My not MOTW was that my lcs was sold out of Batman Inc and I've thusfar avoided all spoilers. On top of that it's sold out online too, they never sell out. Must be good, will see on Tuesday when they get a batch in.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The last 3 pages of Uncanny Avengers #4
    z8FGkTs.jpg

PlFa3OY.jpg
    3SgxYEd.jpg

LPgLU3U.jpg

what

what

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It's also worth noting that Remender has said the next twenty four issues of Uncanny Avengers, while divided into different arcs, all feed into one mega-story.

Dude specifically said that a lot of the time travel shit that is gonna pop up with Kang and Immortus and Rama-Tut won't be fully explained until issue 17.

I think Uncanny Avengers is gonna be one of the best books at Marvel now that it's gotten its' foothold.

CYpGAPn.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I guess I will have to read that then

especially as Cassaday is no longer on art duties

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    z8FGkTs.jpg

PlFa3OY.jpg
    3SgxYEd.jpg

LPgLU3U.jpg

what

what
    Onslaught makes way more sense in this context than it did in the '90s.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    The entire issue/the last two pages of Robots in Disguise 14 holy fuck
    read this series whenever you get the chance, be it in trade or backissues or whatever i really don't care, just god damn
    okay so the entire issue was fucking bleak, the Decepticons have won, Megatron's been given a new body, the head of Autobot security Prowl was revealed to have been under Decepticon mind control to manipulate events as of issue 4, heroes have fallen and died, Megatron claiming that planet explorer Ironhide and the Dinobots were dead, the enormous last line of defense Omega Supreme was taken out several issues ago so that he couldn't deal with what happened this issue, Prowl forming the torso of the gestalt cybertronian Devastator, combining with the Constructicons to crush the city. Megatron was able to manipulate energy from the planet to force combination and drive cybertronians insane if they left the city, such as the Aerialbots, who turned into Superion when they left back in issue 4. It looked like that nobody was going to stop the entire takeover of the planet.

Narration, page 21: Overwhelmin' odds. No hope. A future so bleak I don't wanna be there. Things lookin' as dark as they can look. Times like this make a fella feel alive.
    Last panel, page 21, Prowlvastator crushing buildings.
    Dialogue: "I think that's our cue, amigos...
    7a0917fc-ebcf-4600-9ecb-2eed7bead012.jpg
    ...Time for us ta 'bot up and save the world.

Antimatter on
  • Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Question about Batman, Inc:
    Given Morrison's super-decompressed style there, I couldn't tell if Damien defeated his twin or not. Yes, it's comics we're talking about there, so the arrow through the chest, jaw, and where ever else Damien shoved it, should have been lethal. But we never saw the super soldier actually fall over.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    z8FGkTs.jpg

PlFa3OY.jpg
    3SgxYEd.jpg

LPgLU3U.jpg

what

what

I actually had to look up who the heck the final page was referring to.

To further indicate which of the past few decades were the ones during which I did or did not read comics, my main reaction to the end of Uncanny Avengers #4 was:
    What the fuck, is that Sunfire?!

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yes, he joins the team in the next arc.

Along with a couple of Avengers.
    Wonder Man and Wasp

Trust me you are lucky to have missed the original incarnation of that character.

But this

this is a whole new ballgame

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I would trust Remender to do well with any character in comics right now. WHIZZER ongoing written by Remender? Whatever.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    FF #4 takes a breath before inevitably following up on Scott's pronouncement from last issue, and we get an adorable story about She-Hulk and Wyatt going on a date which the jealous moloids try to sabotage with Bentley's help.
    mLhNxu5.jpg

02vdfUz.jpg

SLmvNlN.jpg
    Qpjd5K4.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hawkguy #8 features Clint predictably getting himself into trouble over a pretty girl.
    QSfWdW7.jpg

The issue takes an interesting turn though when we learn the tracksuit draculas are maybe a little bit better connected than anyone assumed.
    G9LEQP7.jpg
    kOA7ZJi.jpg

WtyiAG2.jpg
    KYoKDj3.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Hawkguy #8 All the crime families / powerhouses decide on what do with mr barton.
    dlqgjJg.jpg

fDaoAQa.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #23, the story of where she ended up in issue 11 to joining the final battle against stryker in issue 18
    lFzVU0D.jpg

dlYjsjV.jpg

vmAhFWp.jpg

The Flash #17 Beautiful double page as always from Manupal, where Flash "defeats" grodd by having a mammoth trapped in the speed force chase him.
    qm88SWc.jpg

And the new design for the Reverse Flash!
    M6A1qgd.jpg

An interesting development in Red Lanterns #17
    HApDzzB.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm actually really surprised how badly Clint screwed up in Hawkeye

basically the whole issue I was thinking "what the heck, dude. you're better than this."

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Man, this was a great week in comics. Most everything so far has been good on both sides of the big two, as well as over in Masks.

Also, Damien Wayne is a hero.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    That's a cool reverse flash design. Very Kirby.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Today's haul:

Crimsondude on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Journey Into Mystery #649 continues to be surprisingly funny and super bloody. Guest starring Captain Marvel (no, not that one) and Hellcat!
    5Aloxyp.jpg

Must be a clown hearse.

/facepalm

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Uncanny X-men #2, Scott and Emma OTP,

Noooope, sorry, X-treme X-Men #11 Scott and Dazzler OTP
    Uhh, alternate reality Civil War Cyclops that is.
    7SVDcvj.jpg

Elderlycrawfish on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Uncanny X-men #2, Scott and Emma OTP,

Noooope, sorry, X-treme X-Men #11 Scott and Dazzler OTP
    Uhh, alternate reality Civil War Cyclops that is.
    7SVDcvj.jpg

Wrong! Howlett/Hercules OTP!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I'm actually really surprised how badly Clint screwed up in Hawkeye

basically the whole issue I was thinking "what the heck, dude. you're better than this."

I expect Clint to only make bad decisions, but this issue was impressive even by those standards. Favorite issue of the week but I was cringing the whole time.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Like what the hell Clint? Of course Cap and Stark are pissed. What were you thinking.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Like what the hell Clint? Of course Cap and Stark are pissed. What were you thinking.

He didn't seem particularly surprised they were pissed.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
    Avenging Spider-man was amazing this week, Yost has a great feel for Spock.

Fairly lighthearted issue, with Ock being called by the FF for an important task.....
    Babysitting!
    Avengeringspiderff2_zpsc46e4ed1.jpg

Shenanigans!
    avengeringspiderff3_zps01e366c4.jpg
    I love how he holds Bentley
    avengeringspiderff1_zpse9a69a6d.jpg

The story basically revolves around the Time Variance Authority coming
    To eliminate the FF, which turns out was because of a Bentley invention, to which Ock has a rather Ock-ish solution ( I'd love to know what was said heh)
    avengeringspiderff5_zps98fb7146.jpg

And at the end we get a look at things to come.
    Throughout the Time Cops visit, they know he's Ock, it escalates because they try to talk, but almost blow his cover, so he's constantly webbing people in the mouth. Once they leave, they are discussing Ock at the office, and reveal that they can't stop what's coming, and we get this as the final page
    avengeringspiderff4_zps41b005d5.jpg

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    all that and you still managed to miss the real best part of the issue
    0vIycxB.jpg
    IWtV6BL.png

Honestly, I was already worried about 5 pages , if I could I woulda posted the whole issue, it was really good.

It was Sophie's Choice picking those 5 pages heh

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    way too short to be Death's Head.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yeah, Avenging was great
    I really like that it has an overarching plot and a consistent writer now, while still being a team-up book

The next issue is called "Kill Thor"
    avenging.jpg
    Build up to Spider-Man leading the Sinister Six? :D

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    prefer human sized to transformer size myself and that's the best of his current redesigns i've seen. doesn't explain why there are currently 2 different sized versions running around (here and iron man) although i suppose it can be handwaved as he is fond of time travel.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    If I remember right, the smaller version of Death's Head is from the future, where he got smaller after a run in with Doctor Who.

• manjimanji Registered User regular
    yeah, he runs into the 7th doctor at the end of i think target 2006 (transformers story), gets shrunk to human sized with the master's tissue decompression eliminator (no idea why the doctor has this) and then stranded in the far future to fight marvel UK mad max types the dragons claws for a bit. he does eventually get killed by deaths head 2 if you follow that timeline far enough (setting him up for a guest spot in shows up in capt britain and MI13)

Young Avengers #2

I love the pop art trippyness of this sequence featuring Loki rescuing Billy and Teddy from a dimensional prison that is essentially a bunch of comic panels.
    kYzslJz.jpg
    9P5kH4v.jpg

R8W2pEz.jpg
    AOKEgxP.jpg

And then, as Loki is wont to do, he says what we have all been thinking.
    3MlUvNs.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I love Kid Loki so much

CYpGAPn.png
    So of course this was made by someone on tumblr. It combines a gay boy, KG, and animated gifs.

tumblr_miw5fwlMY31qh6tcno1_r1_500.gif

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I love that the recap page for YA 2 was one big shout-out to the Tumblr following

I want to see that list of alternative pseudonyms

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Avengers Arena #5 gives us some backstory on Kid Briton, a teenage Brian Braddock from another universe
    0zubZAP.jpg

He's an asshole. And because his powers, like Captain Britain's, come from self-confidence, he feels this is a license to be a smug bully that cheats on his girlfriend.

Basically, being a cocky dick gives him the strength to be an even cockier dick so basically he's invincible, right?
    G6Y1fTx.png
    Eeg71ui.jpg

hm. perhaps not so much.