As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] in a box

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Nuclear power plants should never meltdown unless you accept a deal with a shadowy clandestine organization made up of ex-Soviet scientists who want to borrow it to perform weapons research.

or if you cut corners.

Or both.

They just shouldn't be a risk for anything other than hippie riots in SimCity.

a la fukushima?

Everyone knows Fukushima was caused by a large underground hippie rave.

Also I forgot about it, but sure 9.0 earthquakes can cause failures.

Over most of the earth that just doesn't happen though. We need regional disaster coding!

in sim city, disasters does happen a lot

also it was the tsunami flooding it as well that did fukushima in

still though nothing the tornado button can't match with enough clicks

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    See that's just it, they threw out a treaty. To me that's what makes this scarier.
    But I am no expert and do not claim to be. I just don't want to see a bunch of people die because of some crazy chubster with a god-king complex.

• Options
    4830.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    the latest papist PM is goddamn amazing

never change lorc

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    See that's just it, they threw out a treaty. To me that's what makes this scarier.
    But I am no expert and do not claim to be. I just don't want to see a bunch of people die because of some crazy chubster with a god-king complex.

Throwing out the treaty is kind of what they do.

It really means nothing when they do it.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Simcity 4 is 2D.

Simcity is 3D. And maxed out, it looks pretty fantastic.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    yeah the game isn't gorgeous when the settings aren't maxed out

shocker right there

uh, that's way worse than sim city 4

what do they look like when settings are maxed out?

those are the rosiest glasses you're wearing

hlUXPS6.jpg

That screenshot is bullshit - that snapshot is taken before the game renders in the cliff graphics.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    a lion escaped from its feeding cage and killed some zoo worker while she was cleaning the enclosure - tho i dunno why they shot the lion after she was already deaded

poo
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am kinda sort of starting to get worried about this North Korea thing

I know, I know, Saber Rattling

I would be more worried if you were Seoul. I should bug my friend who lives there to see what she says.

But still, suicide by foreign military is not high on their list of things to do this week.

It's Seoul I'm worried about. They're a tech capital. I am getting ready to build a gaming computer. I need a stable economy god damnit.

:P

Really, the thing is, NK would be stomped by a pretty handy global coalition of ass kicking if they actually try anything.

China wouldn't even defend them if they try to invade.

right

i mean, they are definitely fucking delusional

but not the kind that can't surmise that they will have literally nothing to back up any sort of initial attack after they get hatefucked into the ground

I don't agree that they're delusional.

All this sabre rattling by the NK leaders is not about anyone but the north koreans

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    SimCity is on track to be the lowest rated product on Amazon ever. 1789 reviews, of which 1612 are one star.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm, I still want to dye my hair after sleeping.

Kind of unexpected.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    yeah the game isn't gorgeous when the settings aren't maxed out

shocker right there

uh, that's way worse than sim city 4

what do they look like when settings are maxed out?

those are the rosiest glasses you're wearing

hlUXPS6.jpg

That screenshot is bullshit - that snapshot is taken before the game renders in the cliff graphics.

you could terraform them to be quite appealing. Which I spent a lot of time on.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I'm worried about Syria and I don't know anyone who knows a syrian

or, well, worried implies that it might go bad

Syria has gone bad. When your casualty count is a small city's population it is bad.

~70,000 in Syria so far.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    The thing about North Korea is that China doesn't want them to have nukes, so they aren't going to get nukes. Period.

China could end NK without firing a shot, they can stop sending food, and the country will collapse within a week. Or they can shut off the oil pipeline providing NK fuel, in which case the country will collapse within a week.

Now obviously China doesn't want to do this since they haven't already. But I guarentee you preventing a north east Asian arms race is higher on their priorities than maintaing the existence of best Korea.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Kind of unexpected.

Probably easier that way.

During sleeping would just make a mess.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    then find a better shot, I Googled and that's all I can find

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    SimCity 4 looks pretty damn neat still I think. But y'know, everything is fixed in it since it's all sprites viewed in specific ways and distances.

• Options
    it's the only screenshot I've seen of the cliffs

or really, the terrain other than flat grass or blurry background

one thing that is def not helping in the hunt for screenshots is that the fuckers named it just simcity

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    you usually have to be able to play the game to take a screenshot

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »

Kind of unexpected.

Probably easier that way.

During sleeping would just make a mess.

It'd be a pretty mess though.

I wonder if I could die it so that it doesn't look weird in a ponytail. So no one would care at work.

Although what I really want to do is find a better style to wear at work because I am fucking sick of manly ponytails.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @desc I was in power cleaning mode last night and threw on a Rustie playlist

maximum bang

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    simcity.jpg

Versus

SimCity%204%20Deluxe%20Screenshot%202_656x369.jpg?cb=1334003524

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Nuclear power plants should never meltdown unless you accept a deal with a shadowy clandestine organization made up of ex-Soviet scientists who want to borrow it to perform weapons research.

or if you cut corners.

Or both.

They just shouldn't be a risk for anything other than hippie riots in SimCity.

a la fukushima?

Everyone knows Fukushima was caused by a large underground hippie rave.

THANKS, MORPHEUS

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    People who reply to lorc in the future are getting serious infractions. People who talk about him in the chat thread are getting minors.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Casual wrote: »

what's to worry about

Them being crazy enough to try and start something and tons of people dying.

the current crisis is way less serious than the 2010 incident

and even that was no where near a war

basically you cannot use the severity of NK's rhetoric as an indication of how close they are to war, because they pretty much jammed it up to 11 decades ago and broke off the switch

Tossing out treaties is a bit more than rhetoric and you'd be wrong to not be a little concerned here.

An internally unstable North Korea isn't good for anyone, because it may get to the point where they don't care about China not having their backs.

they do not have the ability to not care about China not having their backs

without China they are done, they are so far from being self sufficiant the country would turn into Somalia in less than a month if the Chinese truely decided to stop supporting them

also NK has been throwing treaties out the window for years

it is literally their go to responce for expressing dissatisfaction

Casual on
  • Options
    SimCity 4 is a pixelated mess. I tried playing it before the new game came out. It looks and runs like crap and there are so few cars and pedestrians the cities look abandoned.

• Options
    I just need to say something.

CURVED.

ROADS.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am in penn station. Also I am lonely.

• Options
    Viridian_Woods_Region.png
    SimCity_4-_Rush_Hour_region_view.jpg

this is the source of my worry

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Organichu wrote: »

go write your name in the snow

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Yes.

North Korea will never have nukes.

I love living in 2005, looks like a little storm is headed for New Orleans, I'm sure it'll be harmless and I'm hearing great things about this last Star Wars prequel. Should really redeem the franchise!

(Yes, I understand that the Korean "nuke" isn't really what we think of when we think of nuclear weapons, but ascribing rational actions to North Korea could be a mistake. Especially when they're clearly having some internal issues to work through thanks to Kim Jong Tubbs.)

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

what's to worry about

Them being crazy enough to try and start something and tons of people dying.

I'm skeptical that they would

1) actually go through with it

2) have enough resources to actually harm a "ton" of people

Thom put the good map up, guess a few of their pieces could reach the north outer suburbs of Seoul so yes damage.

Also the war would be costly to both sides.

And let us not forget if they do have a nuke, they may not be able to deliver it but they sure as hell can use it as a booby trap.

Still never underestimate fanatics with weapons. A war on the Korean peninsula would be bad for all of those involved which includes us. Also China and Japan as well.

Some other notes, the M1978 can deliver chemical weapons. If the wind is right, the kill radius goes up and would more then off set it's low rate of fire. I'm guessing they haven't gotten good enough with nukes to get them into artillery shell size, although I could be wrong. The M1978 fires a big honking shell though.

• Options
    Abdhyius, look, SimCity is a shitty cliff simulator. Don't buy it.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

I am one of those but not telling you which.

• Options
    I'm worried about Syria and I don't know anyone who knows a syrian

or, well, worried implies that it might go bad

Syria has gone bad. When your casualty count is a small city's population it is bad.

~70,000 in Syria so far.

if I don't use bad yet I won't run out of stronger words later

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Neville is such a butt to his sister

THAT FUCKING CAT

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    People who reply to lorc in the future are getting serious infractions. People who talk about him in the chat thread are getting minors.

You have to reply to a PM after you add someone to the conversation, or they don't see the PM thread.

• Options
    Viridian_Woods_Region.png
    SimCity_4-_Rush_Hour_region_view.jpg

this is the source of my worry

This is literally the Diablo 2 graphics vs. Diablo 3 graphics argument.

They both look good, they're just different styles.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

You have to reply to a PM after you add someone to the conversation, or they don't see the PM thread.

Alternately: The probability of some moron being unable to resist making a snarky comment is high enough that a reply is not necessary :P

• Options
    the NK leadership is all about rational action

we're not the target audience

although, I wouldn't say the same thing about the lower members of the military, if they believe a fifth of what they're told

north korea would be the worst country to be in a MAD situation with

I mean, there's loads of incidents during the cold war where it appeared like an attack was coming, and a lovely fireworks display was basically only averted because a few levelheaded people took time to pause and often went against protocol

I wouldn't trust NK's military like that

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.