Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Myrtle Beach and Points Beyond

13

Posts

  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I just want to say

    if you send me screenshots of cross-browser compatibility issues in 3mb bitmap format, you are not an internet professional and I have lost all respect for you

    file formats and typography: zero tolerance issues

    see, this is why I married you.

    Shit that drives me nuts.

    When I ask you what format your file is in, you do not get to answer "I saved it in Adobe."

    You do not get to design your business card in Word, and you do not get to design your letterhead in Photoshop. You do not send me 8-bit Bitmap files for a print job, and you do not get the job for free when you say shit like "This isn't how it looked on my screen" when you set up a photo display in fucking Excel.
    word <3

    kQwcZLJ.png
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Liking Heinlein is not a sign of being an elitist prick, it just means you like reading shitty science fiction penned by a racist, deranged old pervert.
    hi dyna, it is so nice that you could join us
    Somebody has to fight the Heinlein love.

    Damn dog, I thought you were legit.
    I loved Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress...after reading Farnham's Freehold, and the various books in which the main character uses some science fiction convention to fuck female relatives I kind of lost my taste for him.

    He can't be that bad. I mean, he did come up with the idea for waterbeds.


    And he was pro orgy.
    Pro orgy with close relatives.

    gusinrepose.png
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, who doesn't have a hot sister they want to fuck?

  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, who doesn't have a hot sister they want to fuck?

    I don't, can I borrow yours?

  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, who doesn't have a hot sister they want to fuck?

    I don't have a sister.

    Edit: Damn you hunter!!! Foiled again!

    steam_sig.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    so who saw daniel johnston in cocert last sunday?

    me

    I did

  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Liking Heinlein is not a sign of being an elitist prick, it just means you like reading shitty science fiction penned by a racist, deranged old pervert.
    hi dyna, it is so nice that you could join us
    Somebody has to fight the Heinlein love.

    Damn dog, I thought you were legit.
    I loved Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress...after reading Farnham's Freehold, and the various books in which the main character uses some science fiction convention to fuck female relatives I kind of lost my taste for him.

    He can't be that bad. I mean, he did come up with the idea for waterbeds.


    And he was pro orgy.
    Pro orgy with close relatives.

    I was wondering about that after reading this "He also examined the relationship between physical and emotional love, speculated about unorthodox family relationships, and the influence of space travel on human cultural practices."

    Slightly disturbing.

    PierceNeck wrote: »
    People still do the anal thing?
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All great writers are at least a little crazy.

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm back from lunch, I'm sure you all missed me.

    SC is better than your mom (I'm assuming).


  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    By the way, I still need some really good road trip songs to put on my CD.

    Like CLASSIC road trip songs.


  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    By the way, I still need some really good road trip songs to put on my CD.

    Like CLASSIC road trip songs.

    http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/topgun/playingwiththeboys.htm

    PierceNeck wrote: »
    People still do the anal thing?
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    By the way, I still need some really good road trip songs to put on my CD.

    Like CLASSIC road trip songs.

    http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/soundtracks/holidayroad.html

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I had fun when I went to myrtle beach when I was a kid

    but you pretty much have fun everywhere when you're 10

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • JinnJinn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ride the new Zeppelin coaster

    i think that's the only thing worth going to Myrtle Beach for

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    FISHING
    also
    NOT NJ

    we already went over that


  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What is the #1 most rockin song you can think of?


  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    What is the #1 most rockin song you can think of?

    http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/rockyoulikeahurricanelyrics.html

    Here, I totally agree with you. And I'm way ahead of you, I got that downloaded already.

    Along with most of Boston's discography.


  • RageRage Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Hey, safe journeys and all that

    Hurricane season is spinning up, so to speak, and you may be there just in time for Dean to drop a load of ow right on the Carolinas

  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rage wrote: »
    Hey, safe journeys and all that

    Hurricane season is spinning up, so to speak, and you may be there just in time for Dean to drop a load of ow right on the Carolinas

    I've been watching that for a while, thank god it looks like its gonna miss us:

    strm4_strike_720x486.jpg


  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.


  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.

    Being 16 and carless says probably not

    Thanks for asking, though

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.

    Being 16 and carless says probably not

    Thanks for asking, though

    My bad, I just assumed you were Dave Grohl in real life.


  • RageRage Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Rage wrote: »
    Hey, safe journeys and all that

    Hurricane season is spinning up, so to speak, and you may be there just in time for Dean to drop a load of ow right on the Carolinas

    I've been watching that for a while, thank god it looks like its gonna miss us:

    img]

    Well that's good news then. Just keep an eye on things nonetheless - I was in Ocean City, MD a couple years back and Hurricane Isabel was projected to track a similar path. Instead she took a hard right off the islands and smacked right into the east coast.

    Was cool for me in 'life experiences' because I'd never been in a hurricane before, but man...still scary business.

    Anyway, my only advice is if someone says "time to evacuate" - i suggest doing it :^:

  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.

    Being 16 and carless says probably not

    Thanks for asking, though

    My bad, I just assumed you were Dave Grohl in real life.

    oh god that would be the greatest

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.

    Being 16 and carless says probably not

    Thanks for asking, though

    My bad, I just assumed you were Dave Grohl in real life.

    oh god that would be the greatest

    I just pretty much assume everybody in SE++ is the real life counterpart of their avatar.


  • RageRage Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.

    Being 16 and carless says probably not

    Thanks for asking, though

    My bad, I just assumed you were Dave Grohl in real life.

    oh god that would be the greatest

    I just pretty much assume everybody in SE++ is the real life counterpart of their avatar.

    So can I ask you to bring back Ziggy Stardust and how do you do the spinny glass globe thing anyway...

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rage wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

    My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

    I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

    What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

    Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

    You'll be like less than 2 hours away from me

    Nice, I'm going out saturday night if you wanna try and meet up.

    Being 16 and carless says probably not

    Thanks for asking, though

    My bad, I just assumed you were Dave Grohl in real life.

    oh god that would be the greatest

    I just pretty much assume everybody in SE++ is the real life counterpart of their avatar.

    So can I ask you to bring back Ziggy Stardust and how do you do the spinny glass globe thing anyway...

    Obviously you can.


  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Myrtle Beach is cool. Just stay either North of it, in Calabash, or south, in Georgetown. Either of those are best places for fishing. If you like Miniature Golf though, or your parents, just go down 17 Business, or King's Hwy, and you can hit up all the putt-putt places. We are the putt-putt capitol of the world. Ha. Ha ha.
    There's a lot in Myrtle Beach, and I hear growing all the time, but I will always remember the putt-putt courses most of all. They are what made me love that town as a kid. Especially Hawaiian Rumble and that Spyglass place... good memories.

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    it'd be like Jurassic Park, but with bananas
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dizzen wrote: »
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Myrtle Beach is cool. Just stay either North of it, in Calabash, or south, in Georgetown. Either of those are best places for fishing. If you like Miniature Golf though, or your parents, just go down 17 Business, or King's Hwy, and you can hit up all the putt-putt places. We are the putt-putt capitol of the world. Ha. Ha ha.
    There's a lot in Myrtle Beach, and I hear growing all the time, but I will always remember the putt-putt courses most of all. They are what made me love that town as a kid. Especially Hawaiian Rumble and that Spyglass place... good memories.

    Every year at the Jersey shore we used to go to this really big place that was built on the side of a hill, and the course had par 4 and 5 holes, and they were mini golf. That place rocked. We'll definitely be playng a round or two in Myrtle beach.


  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Myrtle Beach is cool. Just stay either North of it, in Calabash, or south, in Georgetown. Either of those are best places for fishing. If you like Miniature Golf though, or your parents, just go down 17 Business, or King's Hwy, and you can hit up all the putt-putt places. We are the putt-putt capitol of the world. Ha. Ha ha.
    There's a lot in Myrtle Beach, and I hear growing all the time, but I will always remember the putt-putt courses most of all. They are what made me love that town as a kid. Especially Hawaiian Rumble and that Spyglass place... good memories.

    Every year at the Jersey shore we used to go to this really big place that was built on the side of a hill, and the course had par 4 and 5 holes, and they were mini golf. That place rocked. We'll definitely be playng a round or two in Myrtle beach.

    I hate missing threads when I work.

    Anyway, Wise_A, what days you plan on coming down? Like I said, I live an hour from MB. Drop me a line or something and maybe I could go up there and point something out... or something?

    steam_sig.png
  • Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I'm from South Carolina, and I used to live outside Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is pretty awesome, we go there for vacation every year. Most of the younger crowd comes in the first two weeks of june with the young adult population dropping off as the months progress.

    The strip sucks. Your best bet for entertainment is broadway at the beach, but barring finding some young people to hang out with you really are gonna have a hard time not hanging out with your parents.

    Also, don't go during black bike week.

    I did that once.

    Our week trip was cut several days short. Apparently I'm a cracker. I had no idea.

    (Edit: Just saw the other posts, outside Myrtle Beach = Georgetown. I used to live in Georgetown.)

    (Double Edit: Didn't realize we had that many SCers here, I'm from Greenville, currently in College outside Chattanooga)

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited August 2007
    hey whores

    i'm in aruba

  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm from South Carolina, and I used to live outside Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is pretty awesome, we go there for vacation every year. Most of the younger crowd comes in the first two weeks of june with the young adult population dropping off as the months progress.

    The strip sucks. Your best bet for entertainment is broadway at the beach, but barring finding some young people to hang out with you really are gonna have a hard time not hanging out with your parents.

    Also, don't go during black bike week.

    I did that once.

    Our week trip was cut several days short. Apparently I'm a cracker. I had no idea.

    (Edit: Just saw the other posts, outside Myrtle Beach = Georgetown. I used to live in Georgetown.)

    (Double Edit: Didn't realize we had that many SCers here, I'm from Greenville, currently in College outside Chattanooga)

    Cool, I'm from near Florence. Florence is actually a nice town as well. It's not big enough to get lost in, it's got all the necessities, and it's getting more good stuff almost monthly. I like Florence. Even the name Florence. Flowrinse. Floureense.

    steam_sig.png
  • Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Also used to live in Hartsville (yes, hartsville.) also Darlington (yeehaw).

    Really, I suppose I may be the most blessed human ever to have lived in the redneck towns that I have without dripping the accent everywhere (or being able to spell correctly for that matter).

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm an hour from Myrtle Beach. It's okay, though I'll always pick the mountains over the beach for a vacation.

    Edit: I went to college in Hartsville Grandaddy. Boy is there fuck all to do there.

  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited August 2007
    aruba was pretty

    my hotel had the only private beach on the island

    it was radd

Sign In or Register to comment.