As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Twilight Imperium] Game 5 - Round 8: Game Over!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Jol-Nar, have you made your decision on your action yet?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • calibercaliber Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for the delay. With the semester coming into its final stretch, the University is obviously busy preparing FINals, assigning projects, and hearing disseration defenses.

That said, we Play Production, exhausting Rigel III to build a Mech and four Fighters on Nar.

caliber on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Naalu

Can't play on secondary

TG/AC/PC: 0/4/0
    SA/FS/CP: 0/4/1

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    No SA, so Pass.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    PLAY

Exhaust Rarron (3R) to build 2 destroyers and 1 fighter in Rarron.

TG/AC/PC: 5/5/0
    SA/FS/CP: 1/7/1

MrBody on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    creuss passes

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    Game's wrapping up then. Am I allowed to tell everyone my secret objective?

It's your secret to tell or keep.

Currently Playing:
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Muaat

I play on the secondary, spending a Strategic Allocation to build two fighters in Quaan.

TG/AC/PC: 0/5/0
    SA/FS/CP: 0/5/0

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited April 2013
    I believe that's all the Production Secondary calls, so it's now Yin's turn.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2013
    Activate Trade primary to rake in....oops. Looks like the Muaat pirates have been too aggressive against helpless merchant ships. Both of Muaat's trade deals have disappeared!

I'm sorry, as trade master I absolutely cannot authorize any new trade deals until this pirate threat is dealt with, out of concern for the safety of our shipping personnel.

MrBody on
    Muaat had only one trade agreement (Their [2] with Naalu's [2]); you can choose to break another agreement if you wish before trade goods are collected.

Current Agreements:
    Jol-Nar [3] <--> L1z1x [1]
    Jol-Nar [1] <--> Yin [1]
    Naalu [1] <--> Yin [1]
    Naalu [2] <--> Muaat [2] - BROKEN

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Can I break Muaat's single contract extra hard? >_<

Break Jol-Nar's more valuable treaty for their attack attempt.

Well, they're equally valuable for Jol-Nar (as they hold two [1]-value contracts from other players) but I'll assume you're going to break the Jol-Nar-L1z1x agreement.

Yin collects 2 Trade Goods, while Jol-Nar collects 1 (from Micro-Technology). The floor is open for trade negotiations, at least until Yin decides to close them.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Negative. No trade deals will be approved out of concern for the safety of our merchants until the Muaat pirate menace is eliminated.

That's too bad :(

Currently Playing:
    Muaat, your action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »

Break Jol-Nar's more valuable treaty for their attack attempt.

Yeah, 'cause we're the problem. :rotate:

edited April 2013
    Pffff, (space) hypocrite.
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    I'll note, once again, that we believe ourselves to have been mathematically eliminated from contention. We will however play spoiler by ruthlessly attacking whichever race is foolish enough to claim this bonus point.

MrBody on
    Muaat

Play Plague on Saudor.

Plague
    Choose a planet your opponent controls. Roll a die for each Ground Force unit on that planet. If the number rolled is even, that unit is destroyed. Your opponent retains control of the planet even if all of his Ground Forces are destroyed.
    Play: As an action.

Yet another reason to not get ground forces.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    no sabo

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    let the gasbags die

Currently Playing:
    Wait I thought they were made of vapor!

I love gas!

That vapor though...

no sabo-we are not afraid of puny plagues

PSN SeGaTai
    Vote NO on sabo.

Everyone knows tanks can't be bombarded from the air and are immune to germs.

Muaat's card goes through.

Plague on Saudor: 4d10 = {9, 8, 4, 6}, 3 Creuss Ground Forces are removed. It will be L1z1x's turn to act; game state update coming soon.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2013
    Round 8: Action Phase Update 4

The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate Arinam-Meer. (CP 1 --> 0)
    Move in 1 Destroyer from Lodor and 1 Destroyer from the Wormhole Nexus.
    PDS Fire destroys 2 Creuss Destroyers.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Play Primary Ability of the (4) Production Strategy Card, exhausting Rigel III (1R) +3R from Sarween Tools and Primary Ability to build 4 Fighters (2R) and 1 Mechanized Unit at Nar.
    Muaat plays on the secondary (SA 1 --> 0), using 1R from Sarweek Tools to build 2 Fighters at Quann.
    Yin plays on the secondary (SA 2 --> 1), exhausting Rarron (3R) to build 2 Destroyers (2R) and 1 Fighter (1R) at Rarron.
    The Yin Brotherhood: Play Primary Ability of the (5) Trade II Strategy Card, breaking the trade agreements between Muaat [2] - Naalu [2] and Jol-Nar [3] - L1z1x [1].
    Yin gains 2 Trade Goods ( 2 from agreements ). (TG 5 --> 7)
    Jol-Nar gains 1 Trade Good ( 1 from agreements - 1 non-primary + 1 from Micro Technology). (TG 0 --> 1)
    Naalu gains no Trade Goods (1 from agreements - 1 non-primary).
    The Embers of Muaat: Play Action Card "Plague", targeting Saudor. (AC 4 --> 3)
    The Plague effect destroys 3 Creuss Ground Forces.

Current Map: Round 8, Action Phase Update 4

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 7 VP
    The Embers of Muaat: 7 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 6 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 5 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 1 VP
    The Yin Brotherhood: 1 VP

Public Objectives
    [1 VP] I now spend 3 Command Counters from my Command and/or Strategy Allocation areas.: L1z1x, Creuss, Naalu, Muaat, Jol-Nar
    [1 VP] I am blockading an opponent's Space Dock.: Jol-Nar, Muaat, L1z1x
    [1 VP] I control planets with a total influence greater than the player to my immediate right and greater than the player to my immediate left.: Creuss, Yin, Jol-Nar
    [1 VP] I control Mecatol Rex.: Creuss
    [1 VP] I successfully invaded one planet containing at least 1 opposing Ground Force this turn.: Jol-Nar, L1z1x, Muaat
    [1 VP] I now spend 4 Trade Goods, 3 resources, and 3 influence.
    [2 VP] I have 5 Technology Advances of the same color.: Jol-Nar
    [2 VP] I successfully invaded two planets, each containing at least 1 opposing Ground Force, this turn.: Creuss, Muaat
    3 Stage II Objectives remain hidden.

Secret Objectives
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 Secret Objective
    The Naalu Collective: 1 Secret Objective
    The L1z1x Mindnet: [2 VP] Threatening: I control systems adjacent to 2 different player's Home Systems.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: [2 VP] Master of Ships: I control Mecatol Rex, I have a Space Dock here, and at least 8 (non-Fighter) ships in the Mecatol Rex system.
    The Embers of Muaat: [2 VP] Conqueror: I control all the planets in another player’s Home System.
    The Yin Brotherhood: 2 Secret Objectives

Universities of Jol-Nar - caliber and GrimmyTOA:
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 4
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 0
    Fleet Supply: 4
    Command Pool: 2

Trade Contracts: Yin [1] (Jol-Nar [3])
    Technology: Hylar V Assault Laser, Deep Space Cannon, Magen Defense Grid, War Sun, Duranium Armor, Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters, Light/Wave Deflector, Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Micro Technology, Nano Technology, Graviton Laser System

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    R - Arinam (1R, 2I, B)
    R - Meer (0R, 4I)
    R - Rigel I (0R, 1I, G)
    R - Rigel II (1R, 2I)
    X - Rigel III (1R, 1I, B)
    The Naalu Collective - stever777:
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4
    Political Cards: 0

Fleet Supply: 4
    Command Pool: 1

Trade Contracts: Yin [1] (Naalu [2])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Enviro Compensator, Graviton Laser System, Hylar V Assault Laser, Deep Space Cannon, Hybrid Crystal Drives

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Abaddon (1R, 0I, R)
    X - Bereg (3R, 1I, R)
    X - Lirta IV (2R, 3I, G)
    R - Loki (1R, 2I)
    The L1z1x Mindnet - Iron Weasel and Fidoh:
    Action Cards: 5
    Political Cards: 1

Fleet Supply: 5

Trade Contracts: (L1z1x [1], L1z1x [1])
    Technology: Enviro Compensator, Stasis Capsules, Cybernetics, Gen Synthesis, Neural Motivator, Hypermetabolism, Hylar V Assault Laser, Automated Defense Turrets, Assault Cannon

Worlds:
    X - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Ashtroth (2R, 0I)
    R - Faunus (1R, 3I, G (x2))
    R - Saudor (2R, 2I)
    X - Vega Major (2R, 1I)
    X - Vega Minor (1R, 2I, B)
    The Ghosts of Creuss - SeGaTai:
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 7
    Political Cards: 1

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 8
    Command Pool: 0

Trade Contracts: (Creuss [2], Creuss [2])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters, Maneuvering Jets, Hylar V Assault Laser

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Lodor (3R, 1I, G)
    R - Mallice (0R, 3I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Mirage (1R, 2I, F (x2))
    R - Tequ'ran (2R, 0I, R)
    R - Torkan (0R, 3I, B)
    R - Wellon (1R, 2I)
    The Embers of Muaat - Void Slayer:
    Action Cards: 3

Fleet Supply: 5
    Command Pool: 0

Trade Contracts: (Muaat [2], Muaat [2])
    Technology: Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Micro Technology, Hylar V Assault Laser, Deep Space Cannon, War Sun, Duranium Armor, Magen Defense Grid, Neural Motivator, Magmus Reactor

Worlds:
    X - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    X - Darien (2R, 4I)
    X - Capha (3R, 0I)
    X - Centauri (1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (1R, 1I, B)
    X - Quann (2R, 1I, G)
    X - Tar'mann (1R, 1I)
    X - Tiamat (1R, 2I, Y)
    The Yin Brotherhood - MrBody:
    Trade Goods: 7
    Action Cards: 5

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 7

Trade Contracts: Jol-Nar [1], Naalu [1]
    Technology: Hylar V Assault Laser, Automated Defense Turrets, Enviro Compensator, Stasis Capsules

Worlds:
    X - Hercalor (1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Qucen'n (1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (0I, 3R, G) *values switched*
    X - Thibah (1R, 1I)
    X - Vefut II (2R, 0I, R)

Special Effects
    Enhanced Armor - Until the end of Round 8, L1z1x's Cruisers have the Sustain Damage ability.

Corrupt Empire - The first player to attack Jol-Nar in Space Combat or Invasion Combat will gain 1 VP.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective: (0) Warfare II
    The Ghosts of Creuss: (3) Assembly
    Universities of Jol-Nar: (4) Production
    The Yin Brotherhood: (5) Trade II
    The Embers of Muaat: (7) Technology II
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (8) Bureaucracy Current Turn

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2013
    Not going to affect anything. Might as well trot this out for laughs.

Secret Objective: [2 VP] Industrial: I control Mecatol Rex, and I have all 3 of my Space Docks and all 5 of my Dreadnoughts on the board.

Good lord. As if capturing Mecatol wasn't enough, you have to build 37 resources worth of stuff spread out over 3 systems and not have a single one destroyed! This sucker might as well be worth 10 VP since if you can manage it you've already won anyway.

This is why we tried to draw a 2nd SO to maybe get one not involving Mecatol.

Additional Secret Objective: [2 VP] Diversified: I control Mecatol Rex; I have a Space Dock here, and I have at least 2 Technology Advances in each of three different colors.

*sigh*

MrBody on
    I can see why you took that risky assault on Mecatol Rex, at that rate you and Cruess were probably the only two with SOs involving it.

It was half the objective and half that Yin pretty much have to take Mecatol because that's the only planet that turns their flip ability into something that can be competitive.

But geez it's not so much the taking Mecatol part of that objective as it is the whole spacedock/dreads rest of it. Some designer out there thought that was on the same level as the other SOs O_O

Yes, Industrial is bananas.

Our action will be posted when I'm not on my phone.

Currently Playing:
    The 3 space docks is a 1VP objective as well so it's possible in some games that you could at least fulfill that part of it sneakily. 5 Dreadnoughts is rough at 25 resources, I'm trying to compare with the 2VP spend ___ resources right now, if that one is 20 then that SO is bad, if it's more than it's just an unlucky one to get, or is clearly designed for the l1z1x player.

Don't remember what exactly was going on that early in the game(and not going to go back 30 pages to check right now) but you should have waited for me to fulfill my objective. If Yin didn't attack I would have claimed master of ships that round-making me a very hated front runner. Everyone piles on me, I have to move my fleet to compete for other objectives, you get a chance to work towards yours.

Your odds were too low to win that battle and would have left you in no shape to compete for either of those SOs, despite how poorly designed they are. Unless you roll in the 1% like Jol-Nar.

A hand-wavy argument as to why I should have been allowed to have more points early on but a thought.

Master of Ships is just as difficult since you have to have 8 ships in one sector, at least the dreadnoughts can be spread out. Very obvious what I was up to and difficult to get enough CCs early in the game.

PSN SeGaTai
    edited April 2013
    I dunno, I'd much rather have the 8 ships requirement. 5 dreadnauts and you're not going to have anything else. If they're spread someone can easily take out a single dread or dock.

I trust no one to fulfill their galactic duty to gangpile on the leader! Maybe because I just got out of the Game of Thrones game where everyone left Greyjoy alone to win :p

Even if I had waited, my full fleet still wouldn't have been adequate against double warsun neighbors. The Yin just aren't built for the long game (or early or inbetween). Between Jol-Nar's tech, Muaat's fast suns, both their huge trade goods advantage, and no guarantee you were going to leave Mecatol, I felt the slight chance of getting Muaat levels of lucky in that Mecatol battle was better odds than sitting around.

But it's unanimous. 3 out of 3 space ghosts agree that objective is wack! I'm liking house rules I see that let you draw multiple SOs and pick one.

In other news, last night I just introduced Space Ghost Coast to Coast to someone who had never heard of it before. Their baptism by fire episode was Flipmode.

In other other news, I do see one reason for mech units: Jol-Nar is super boned for invasions with ground forces at -1.

MrBody on
    L1z1x, your action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Sorry, still on the phone. I will definitely post our action tonight.

Currently Playing:
    Play an Action Card

Secret Industrial Agent

Destroy any one Space Dock that is not in a Home System.
    Play: As an action.
    Target: Lodor

Never let it be said that the MindNet was above petty vengeance!

Currently Playing:
    Sabotage, anyone?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Not from Jol Nar.

Great card, by the way.

no sabo