As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat], the Beloved Country

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    also i dont have 10k dollars

Sell your bitcoins

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    but chase suuuucks

Chase has been good to me.
    There is a branch or a duane reade every 50 feet, so I can get cash if I either wind up in some backwards joint that doesnt take credit or want to buy meth.

Also, they practically tripped over their dicks to give me a mortgage preapproval with the bes rate.
    are you ever getting a house

poo
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.
    @spacekungfuman

Right, I'm just going to list 3 artists who are pretty accessible and don't talk about bitches n hoes much at all.
    Frank Ocean. Fun facts: bisexual, pretty mopey, popular with the indie/white folks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s26qTrH2atA

Movits! From Sweden. Big band/hip hop. Mostly singing about partying and their hometown.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwfDNzTYks

The Roots. Super popular, they're Jimmy Fallon's house band.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nDKTxjKK9k

Oh shit that sound 47 seconds into Pyramids reminded me hardcore of the PS1 bootup sound

im distracting myself from doing work and cleaning my room so that the mattress delivery ppl can deliver my mattress

poo
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    @kaleedity

My guys are just about to finish up Night of Frozen Shadows in the Jade Regent path (They will be at the boss next session). Man, playing with experienced gamers really killed so many of these encounters. Big battle with 20 vikings in a longhouse? Haste and pile into the bosses small room and just hold the door. Battle with super ninja / monk? Land a clutch slow so they can't flurry or move around.

I was wondering how Hungry Storm was going for you. I hear its the weak link in the path. And I was thinking of taking a break from GMing a bit but I'm afraid if we do some other stuff and come back to a weak module folks may not want to continue.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    but chase suuuucks

Chase has been good to me.
    There is a branch or a duane reade every 50 feet, so I can get cash if I either wind up in some backwards joint that doesnt take credit or want to buy meth.

Also, they practically tripped over their dicks to give me a mortgage preapproval with the bes rate.
    are you ever getting a house

No. I think we're going to stay in Asstoria until we have to think about schools for babby. The market may be going back up, but we're saving a lot.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I am hungry.

breaking down. gonna go eat something.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

150/10000 = 1.5% ?

oops >_<

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh yeah that reminds me I should be looking for a new ISA to shove my money into.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

@spacekungfuman

Right, I'm just going to list 3 artists who are pretty accessible and don't talk about bitches n hoes much at all.
    Frank Ocean. Fun facts: bisexual, pretty mopey, popular with the indie/white folks

Movits! From Sweden. Big band/hip hop. Mostly singing about partying and their hometown.

Oh shit that sound 47 seconds into Pyramids reminded me hardcore of the PS1 bootup sound

I think I heard somewhere he sampled the actual startup sound so great catch

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

@spacekungfuman

I get an actual palpable sense of my brain filling with pleasure chemicals when I hear that sound

it's what I imagine taking drugs is like

Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I am hungry.

breaking down. gonna go eat something.

Don't do it!
    THINSPIRATION!

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'm putting my disposable income into doomsday seeds.

Laugh if you want, but don't come begging to me for grains when the fallout ghouls come for us.

should i tip the mattress delivery guys

its free delivery but they're bringing up up 3 flights of stairs up a narrow ass staircase

poo

its free delivery but they're bringing up up 3 flights of stairs up a narrow ass staircase

Yes.

Bogart wrote: »
    Oh yeah that reminds me I should be looking for a new ISA to shove my money into.

meeeee toooooo

but it's so difficult and i don't know how and it's intimidating and i am a babby who is scurred of banks

i am kind of tempted to get the RBS silver account for no other reason than it looks like its cheap phone insurance with some DVD rentals thrown in, i don't know if it's a good idea though

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Laugh if you want, but don't come begging to me for grains when the fallout ghouls come for us.

and where are you storing those?

ftOqU21.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Organichu that is fucking awesome

rRwz9.gif
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    @kaleedity

My guys are just about to finish up Night of Frozen Shadows in the Jade Regent path (They will be at the boss next session). Man, playing with experienced gamers really killed so many of these encounters. Big battle with 20 vikings in a longhouse? Haste and pile into the bosses small room and just hold the door. Battle with super ninja / monk? Land a clutch slow so they can't flurry or move around.

I was wondering how Hungry Storm was going for you. I hear its the weak link in the path. And I was thinking of taking a break from GMing a bit but I'm afraid if we do some other stuff and come back to a weak module folks may not want to continue.
    d&d yeahhh
    There are weaksauce bits in the hungry storm yeah, or at least in my opinion. I've changed a few things (usually due to not reading the horizontal/overhead maps properly!) but I've come up with some cool things nonetheless. I re-enacted the AT episode "What Was Missing" by having a Rakshasha attack the caravan and steal something from each of the PCs. There was a cool bit of RP involved that I improvised there using the Rak's subterfuge skills and abilities that led to a whodunnit-like situation — the wizard had perfectly maneuvered his self (her self?) unknowingly to avoid having anything stolen, and eventually the Rak got impatient and we had a 2x Ulf at once situation where the disguised Rak bumrushed the wizard to steal his (her?) spell book and culminating in his getaway behind his uber door where the PCs had to solve a puzzle/riddle.

During the avalanche encounter the fighter got buried and rolled a 20 to bust out which was a cool group moment. He would not have made it on a 19.

There's a good bit that depends on how well you manage jack-assy NPCs that are not directly threatening the PCs. The cannibals and the elder at the town being attacked by the white dragon created a bunch of cool situations.

The PCs have just fought the white dragon (which is a problematic encounter — in a straight fight the PCs should have no problem but the GM can have her burrow/fly indefinitely if he really wants to, which could be a lame stretched out encounter that goes on for hours) but I just had her get aggressive and then flee after taking too many hits. We've started another game with one of my players DMing a 2nd edition game (because he's olllld) and we're trading off sessions.

Yes.
    how much

5 bucks a person? 10 bucks a person?

poo
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also jacob while i've got you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W4RmZ-C8cU

this is one of the most incredible things i've ever seen

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Casual wrote: »

meeeee toooooo

but it's so difficult and i don't know how and it's intimidating and i am a babby who is scurred of banks.

It's much less painful than you might imagine. I put if off for ages last year because I didn't want the hassle, finally did it, realised it was almost no hassle at all and wished I'd done it every year since the initial rate on the ISA slumped from around 3% to 0.5%.

Yes.
    how much

I would go more 10 - 20 per person.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    oh I didn't mention the ogre mage boss one-shot killed the group's sorcerer with an arrow crit

she shot the sorcerer because he greased her hand to hand weapon that has a x4 multiplyer

had she made the same roll with the tetsubo-club she would have one-shot killed the fighter and probably wiped the group

kaleedity on
    Because moving things up stairs SUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSSSSSSSS

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    so um, i just opened a can of purple stuff and took a sip, and as I took a sip my body kinda of got overwhelmed by the gasses for a minute and causes me to completely just slump over..making my colleague think i was having a seizure. I didn't eat anything this morning and it kind of felt like as i was drinking it my body was like' NO DUDE THERES NO FOOD IN HERE YOU CANT PUT THAT IN ME" and then it just overwhelmed me...

so yeah that was weird.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

and where are you storing those?

Doomsday shelter.

Duh.

Yes.
    how much

I would go more 10 - 20 per person.
    ok

poo

meeeee toooooo

but it's so difficult and i don't know how and it's intimidating and i am a babby who is scurred of banks

i am kind of tempted to get the RBS silver account for no other reason than it looks like its cheap phone insurance with some DVD rentals thrown in, i don't know if it's a good idea though

Managing your finances is fun once you get over that "OMG, I am such a poor phoney. I have no idea what Im doing" hump.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    at 'joan rivers slithered away into the open drain pipe' i lost control of my body and just laughed myself into a shaking fit

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »

oh my god

oh my god

rRwz9.gif
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    fitting that chu would be the mod brown noser

919UOwT.png

meeeee toooooo

Managing your finances is fun once you get over that "OMG, I am such a poor phoney. I have no idea what Im doing" hump.

spoken like a middle aged white guy
    <3

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I hate tipping movers because if you give it to one guy there is always a slight worry like, did he just pocket the whole thing

and the only way around that is to make sure other guys are watching which is awkward and public like HERE I AM SO MAGNANIMOUS TO GIVE YOU SOME DOLLARS

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    shaz you're just gonna have to give each of them a handjob

i'm sorry

so um, i just opened a can of purple stuff and took a sip, and as I took a sip my body kinda of got overwhelmed by the gasses for a minute and causes me to completely just slump over..making my colleague think i was having a seizure. I didn't eat anything this morning and it kind of felt like as i was drinking it my body was like' NO DUDE THERES NO FOOD IN HERE YOU CANT PUT THAT IN ME" and then it just overwhelmed me...

so yeah that was weird.

haha what

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Oh, my god.

I like the idea of the carbonation in your pop being too much for your mormon body

too worldly nooooo

I hate tipping movers because if you give it to one guy there is always a slight worry like, did he just pocket the whole thing

and the only way around that is to make sure other guys are watching which is awkward and public like HERE I AM SO MAGNANIMOUS TO GIVE YOU SOME DOLLARS

It was annoying last time I got an IKEA delivery because I had no dollars.
    Fortunately, there is a Chase Bank 50 feet from my apartment.

This discussion has been closed.