As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Age of Wushu] Is this blood? It's bleeding! You shall die!

• CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    rpshoggoth wrote: »
    In game and applied as Maginot.

Still...trying to figure out how much I enjoy this, Definitely interesting and new, but I am hopinh I'm missing something about travel, because right now, it looks liek you can easily spend 45 minutes on travel for a school spy mission, pick up a couple pieces, get seen and killed, and have absolutely nothing to show for your work. That huuuuuurts.

Spy missions usually take around 15 minutes for me, assuming I'm completing it. Your school's leader can teleport you directly to the spy master outside of whichever school 20 times a week. You're moved to a random location in the zone once you accept the mission from the spy master, which may be right by the area you're spying, or near the edge of the map. You're primary pickpocket ability has a one minute cool down, and seems to fail about 10-20% of the time. You don't need to gather all ten pieces of information, but you get 5 liang per piece.

If you're being tracked early on, just drop the quest and pick it back up from the spy master to start over. If someone starts following you when you're almost done, just teleport back to your school and turn in whatever you've got.

The ability that allows you to get 3 pieces of information, I only use when my cover is almost/already blown. Since it gives puts you all the way at 100 if it fails, it's not a big deal gaining another 20 or 30 points. The stun sucks, though... so only use it in a secluded area.

Note that if you use the middle skill on a Patroller, you can get tokens to reduce your exposure level.

• Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    So I guess that because this is an Asian free MMO the shop spammers in the chat are part of the charm?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    Oh yes.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    As is when they get rounded up and teleported in to the middle of the unforgiving desert.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    As is when they get rounded up and teleported in to the middle of the unforgiving desert.

Be even more entertaining to flag them for kidnapping, despite being logged in. Running around with gold seller spam coming from your sack. Someone ganks you during the kidnap, it's actually a criminal act!

IHZR47b.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Kidnapping people and spying with Step on High Ladder is kinda awesome.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I may have spent way too much money for Step on High Ladder.

But I don't care, I can run up walls now.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Kidnapping people and spying with Step on High Ladder is kinda awesome.

roaming around on rooftops is just fun period.

the next level is to travel on top of tree branches

So, apparently Shen Family Castle is soloable. What I read suggests an internal level of around 15-20. Possible flight rewards include the triple jump (which I have) and the air dash.

Looks like I'll be checking that out in the near future.

Seems that Twilight offers the ladder ability, and something "goose"?

Also, ability to run on water? Rad.

IHZR47b.png
    So how do I get food? My guy is hungry and constantly losing HP. I am looking around the vendors and can't find anyone who sells food. I am a cook but I have no idea how to craft.

Is there a guide?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    So how do I get food? My guy is hungry and constantly losing HP. I am looking around the vendors and can't find anyone who sells food. I am a cook but I have no idea how to craft.

Is there a guide?

If you're in your starting town, hit V. You gotta buy food from players. Or you can grab farming/chef and make your own buns :D!

Okay so I am a chef, I did the intro quest and played Bejeweled against the dude once, but how do I craft my own stuff? I know I crafted some buns early on as I have a couple left in my bag, but I don't remember at all what I did or how to access any sort of crafting menu.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    hit 'i' and then click on chef, one of the buttons on the bottom will be for making crap, iirc steamed buns take 2-3 wheat and 1-2 of a store-bought ingredient.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My chef just learned a recipe... I shit you not:

Spicy Rectum Noodle Soup

8->

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So, apparently Shen Family Castle is soloable. What I read suggests an internal level of around 15-20. Possible flight rewards include the triple jump (which I have) and the air dash.

Goose Step is a movement ability that shifts you quickly across the ground. I don't have it yet but it's very desireable, for PVP especially.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox

Spicy Rectum Noodle Soup

8->

So the real question is...are you eating spicy rectums, or is that a desciptor for the effects on your colon after eating aforementioned soup?

steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Spicy Rectum Noodle Soup

8->

So the real question is...are you eating spicy rectums, or is that a desciptor for the effects on your colon after eating aforementioned soup?

If it's spicy enough: both.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've had pork intestine at a Chinese restaurant. Definitely spicy, smells vaguely of butt. Spicy rectum is not the worst translation of the dish.

What is this I don't even.
    Fung's Spicy Rectum Noodle Soup! Opens the meridians! Let the chi flow!

steam_sig.png
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Really wish you guys picked Red Phoenix instead of the long established Blue Dragon. Seems like Red Phoenix is packed to the gills with newbies, which is nice. I really wish Snail had just done what most MMOs do and wipe at launch. Being able to participate in early game PvP without getting totally smashed by established griefers is kind of good for a games initial health.

Still having a hard time settling on a school. I played long enough to pick Emei, but I'm still uncertain. Emei placed 1st and 3rd in the most recent tournament, so I know they're great in the hands of a skilled player, but I'm not a huge fan of daggers. :(

Royal Guard's Soul Losing Sword looks like the most appealing (visually) style to me, but I hear it's mediocre overall. It seems like there's a ton of Royal Guards too, but experienced players say they're gimmicky and fall apart in high level play.

Ugh. Never had this much trouble picking a class before. I just want to play lol. Quick question though... do any of the staff wielders get a spear instead?

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2013
    as a royal guard myself I rather enjoy the class, but you are not stuck to those skills, you can buy sets of other classes skills or steal them and fight with that weaponry later on, overall it seems very balanced

i'd also say beggars are the most popular class by far

TheKoolEagle on
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Okay so I am a chef, I did the intro quest and played Bejeweled against the dude once, but how do I craft my own stuff? I know I crafted some buns early on as I have a couple left in my bag, but I don't remember at all what I did or how to access any sort of crafting menu.

Click the button on the bottom left that says "My Life". That brings up all of your professions. Just click the icon below your action bar for cooking, mouseover to see what each icon is. You'll need wheat (which is grown, it's rather easy to do), and morning dew (purchased from chef vendor) for the steamed bun recipe.

To grow wheat, talk to the farmer to buy wheat seeds. If you bring up your map, you can mouse over the icons to find him, or click "Life Shifu" on the bottom and disable/enable the farmer icon, should center your map on him. Take your seeds to some farm land (should be very close to the farmer, the terrain is sorta shaped like a staircase, at least in Yanyu Villa), open your bag, and right click the seeds to plant them. You'll want to plant quite a few (I usually do them in batches of 20).

There's a chance that the plant will be attacked by bugs or weeds. You can purchase insect/weed killer ahead of time to deal with it, but I usually just ignore them. All you really lose is 10 wen, 1 point of vigor, and a bit of time. Vigor recovers with time, each time you use a nutrition point... but can be a rare commodity in some cases. Also, silk worms require 3 vigor to place, so I'm more wary of those, personally.

Once the plants are fully ripened, you can harvest them for a yield of 2-6 wheat.

You should be swimming in steamed buns, shortly. They probably sell rather well, and your guildies will appreciate the handouts (as will the occasional stranger if you feel inclined).

IHZR47b.png
  • MithMith Registered User regular

I actually tried to solo this yesterday. (I was about as weak an internal 15 as you can find.)
    The ordinary mobs were easy with scholar spin, but the boss was definitely too much for me. I expect any of the first few factions are equivalent strength.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Finally figured out what those pop ups for Twilight Village were for. I was being recruited to work as an add to the 3rd boss of the instance! :O

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/263/20120627/Forbidden_Ground_Village_in_Dusk_Guide_updated_guide_for_Hell_Mode-4feab25d11b254c13-1.html
    Stage 3: Guarding Villagers who are Salvaging their Belongings

Go into the next area, clear the mobs in the area.

Trigger the task by talking to the villager nearby.

You are supposed to protect the villagers who are trying to salvaging their belongings.

Bad guys will start spawning around that area try to kill them.

There are 3 places with 5 belongings each.

It is optional if you want to guard all these 3 places.

It is perfectly alright to just guard 1 or 2 places only.

After the villagers are done with their business, the 3rd boss 钱惜之 will spawn near the top of this area and he is NOT alone.

He will summon 1~3 assassins who are actually human players to help him.

I have caused many a wipe with my annoying AoE stuff.

• DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    So outta curiosity is there any way to change your hairstyle after you've made your character?

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Are you a lady? Constantly.

Are you a guy? I sure hope you like hats.

Are you a lady? Constantly.

Are you a guy? I sure hope you like hats.

I got a lot of different hair styles.

I'm just saddened that the facial hair was mostly boring, no really wild long kung-fu sort of stuff.

I was kinda disappointed by the lack of different body shapes.

I mean its understandable why they only did one each, but not being able to make a burly guan yu looking dude was a bit of a bummer.

Ah we'll, at least my wudang can have all of the pretty dresses.

edited April 2013
    Aldo wrote: »
    Finally figured out what those pop ups for Twilight Village were for. I was being recruited to work as an add to the 3rd boss of the instance! :O

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/263/20120627/Forbidden_Ground_Village_in_Dusk_Guide_updated_guide_for_Hell_Mode-4feab25d11b254c13-1.html
    Stage 3: Guarding Villagers who are Salvaging their Belongings

Go into the next area, clear the mobs in the area.

Trigger the task by talking to the villager nearby.

You are supposed to protect the villagers who are trying to salvaging their belongings.

Bad guys will start spawning around that area try to kill them.

There are 3 places with 5 belongings each.

It is optional if you want to guard all these 3 places.

It is perfectly alright to just guard 1 or 2 places only.

After the villagers are done with their business, the 3rd boss 钱惜之 will spawn near the top of this area and he is NOT alone.

He will summon 1~3 assassins who are actually human players to help him.

I have caused many a wipe with my annoying AoE stuff.

I knew those adds were tougher than normal. It took all my effort to work on them during that boss fight when we went. I thought it was odd that the AI was smart enough to back off at times and come back in. Also, now I'm totally going to do that to get revenge on all my suffering.

Cobell on
    Do you get any rewards for succeeding in wiping their team?

PoolCue wrote: »
    Do you get any rewards for succeeding in wiping their team?
    I can't find any info on the victory conditions for the "adds"-players. I know you can grab a few treasure chests around the map and after you're done you get mailed a chest with rewards. Some times when I'm kicking ass I'll get 50L and other loot, other times I just get some flax or coarse cloth.

fyi I want to run some more of the faction crap tonight to get the flying skills, I got whirlwind step last night so that was exciting, the good news is I can almost run it by myself, so if 1 or 2 people are down, we should be able to clear it and get everyone flying skills.

Personally I like running the tiger hill instance, which is in the jiming posthouse area, if anyone is down let me know, I'll ask in guild chat when I'm online tonight

• SkeldSkeld Registered User regular
    I am down with some faction runs with YueMing. Still need the triple jump one myself too.

Skeld wrote: »
    I am down with some faction runs with YueMing. Still need the triple jump one myself too.

I've got them, so I'll help if I'm on when you guys run it.

Also, for any that don't know, do Team Practices every day. You get tons of cultivation points for leveling. People regularly advertise in school chats and in the sacred areas near your school.

Being able to play as an add for a boss fight may be the best MMO idea I've heard this year. I want to hear more about how it's done.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Being able to play as an add for a boss fight may be the best MMO idea I've heard this year. I want to hear more about how it's done.

You get a pop-up with a flavour text that mentions that a village is under attack and that they need assassins, when you click OK (you have 10 seconds) you can get ported next to the 3rd boss of the Twilight Village instance and you're dressed up as one of the mobs who are in that instance. Normally you get AoE'd to death within a few seconds the first time, but after that you respawn half a block away and you have some time to prepare or to hunt down treasure chests. The players are nuking the boss while you try to kill the players. After a few minutes, or after the boss is dead you despawn and are ported back to your exact location in the game world. A system mail arrives thanking you for your help and it comes with a lootbox attached. So far I have received NPC silver and crafting materials.

Come to think of it, the challenge for the assassins must be to keep the boss alive for a few minutes longer.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    This seems cool but... is keeping your character fed like a requirement? How quickly do they get hungry?

its not too difficult, especially in the guild because our chefs hand out steamed buns for the starving masses.

its literally the first recipe you learn if you go chef, so there is usually no shortage of steamed buns.

I've never begun to starve, I would say in a day you usually use up about 50 of your 100 nutrition meter

DaemonSadi wrote: »
    This seems cool but... is keeping your character fed like a requirement? How quickly do they get hungry?

That was a big part of why I stopped logging in. I didn't have the patience to make another character, and I felt like I was being punished for not being careful with my time logged in.