As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Time in Flux: a [Mini][Phalla] - Game Over. Time Vandals(Mafia) & KetBra(Neutral) Victory!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Grudges are good for more than one vote!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx for catering to the masochistic android.

There can be only one survivor of the Great Circuiting. We machines are constructed with a Highlander Imperative due to the work of Dr. Macleod, a co-worker of Doctors Wily and Light. Thousands of years ago -in the future- in the year 20XX, war will have begun.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    what's the current vote count?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Apologies to all the villagers I deprived of their Day 1 random/grudge vote fun. I wanted to do my epic reveal a little later in the day, but I had to run and wasn't sure I'd be back long enough before vote close to make it count. I hope you'll forgive me if/when we win.

• Options
    LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    what's the current vote count?

Blah leading at 7, then Megafrost at 4.
    3 votes yet to be cast.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Auralynx for catering to the masochistic android.

There can be only one survivor of the Great Circuiting. We machines are constructed with a Highlander Imperative due to the work of Dr. Macleod, a co-worker of Doctors Wily and Light. Thousands of years ago -in the future- in the year 20XX, war will have begun.

You can't even transform. You're useless to me.

Get rid of him.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The one that's my current title. He reoccurs, too.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    He reminds me of Crow from MST3K. Although I think I've seen the episode in question.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You want us to ORPHAN YOUR CHILD? YOU MONSTER.

Sometimes we must do things for our children that they do not understand. I can only hope that someday, he or she will understand the choices I've made. Someday.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    A bit less than 2 hours left before this day ends

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Uhh

Uhhhh

Blah!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

mega[/quote]

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

mega

• Options
    The theme of this game reminds me of the TimeWars series of novels I enjoyed when I was little. I'm sure if I reread them now, they wouldn't be as good as I remember, but I might try to track them down anyway.

• Options
    1 hour to vote close

• Options
    If you are still around and a TimeCop / lying Time Vandal / other thing, in order of preference, drop me a quick PM.

• Options
    Someone should totally post a vote or something so premium doesn't beat me to the punch.

• Options
    AND MY CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM. ARISE, OminousLozenge

• Options
    So yeah, specials should get into contact with OL after narration. Obviously I don't yet know if role info is revealed upon death, but I should at least be revealed as a villager (barring some kind of mafia shenanigans).

• Options
    The day has come to an end.

• Options
    Good luck, village!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    So yeah, specials should get into contact with OL after narration. Obviously I don't yet know if role info is revealed upon death, but I should at least be revealed as a villager (barring some kind of mafia shenanigans).

I really think this is a bad idea. Seer should check OL first. Because this could easily be a mafia ploy with blah dying green when he's really a mafia.

OL should still be guarded, though, regardless.

This all depends on if role stuff is provided in the narration or not. Because if blah dies as "parent" then we should probably trust OL from the get go.

• Options
    Do whatever you think is best.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Day 2 - Running out of Time

San Jose, December 2 1952
    It was late in the evening, but the streets were busy with activity as the TimeCops chased down every lead they could. At the end of the night, they were relieved to find everyone still alive.

San Jose, November 2 1997
    "The emergency tribunal has found you guilty of crimes against time. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" blahmcblah shrugged. He expected this to happen. "Please take care of my child." He didn't utter even one more word as he was dragged off to be executed.
    Elsewhere, a veteran TimeCop kicked in a door. The tip had turned out to be good. A quick glance around the room revealed that someone had hastily abandoned the house. He had begun methodically cataloging everything he could, when he heard a thump. A strange looking package rested on the table. It had certainly not been there before. CesareB didn't live long enough to feel pain as the explosion vaporized him in an instant.

San Jose, March 2 2032
    The TimeCop commander was hard at work. Opening up a report on his computer, he missed the shadow that was stretching across his office. Hours later, the TimeCops were baffled at the corpse they had found. An autopsy later confirmed that Iron Weasel must have been dead for years.

blahmcblah - Civilian Parent - Executed by tribunal
    CesareB - TimeCop Veteran - Vaporized by an explosion
    Iron Weasel - TimeCop Commander - Ran out of time

PMs are going out now. Please hold off on discussion until I give the all clear.

premium on
  • Options
    All PMs should be out. If you did not receive a PM it means there was no update to give you. If you think you should have received a PM but did not, please let me know.
    Day 2 begins... Now!

• Options
    Also sorry about the slowness, my home internet has been cutting in and out all night so I had to do some of the tabulating on my iPhone.

• Options
    LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Rough first night for the TimeCops.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Lets hope they werent specials

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Lets hope they werent specials

IDK, looking at their role names, it sort of looks like all of them were.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Especially since the Commander is mentioned in the OP...

• Options
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    OoooOoooOooo
    Welp.
    OoooOoooOooo

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Yes, blah was my parent. We started masoned. He was hoping that by dying a parent, it would give the village specials someone to coordinate with through the child. Please PM me. If you want to wait for the seer to look into me first, that's cool as well. Of course, the issue then becomes the seer figuring out how to disseminate the information without exposing himself or herself.

My village-ness will be revealed to whomever I choose as my next parent, to the extent that helps with anything. There will be no applications. I will not be announcing anything with respect to my new parent. I have no other powers beyond that. I might very well end up choosing a bad guy, since I have to choose today and have literally no information on which to base this decision.

These are the facts as I understand them. Now the question is, what do we do?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    You get to just CHOOSE new parents?
    I'm glad Simba couldn't do that...

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Rocky Horror Picture Show. My God I Miss It.

"And that's just one small fraction of the main attraction
    You need a friendly hand and I need action..."

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Well that sucks, looks like 2 village specials and a suicidal parent dead on Day 1.

• Options
    On the first day of the Time Cops' struggle there was much defecation and gnashing of teeth. TimeCops lifted their crinkled hands skyward, imploring Tim Curry to save them, but Tim Curry had become old, and greasy, and was doing increasingly questionable guest work on prodecural shows. It availed them naught.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    with blah dying as a parent, we should be able to trust OL as a nethead. All specials should reveal to him, imo

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    But maybe there's an incredibly convoluted plot to get a mafia to somehow die as a death thrall and have a living thrall get set up as a--

Yeah no. I think we can trust OL.