As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4e] WLD, Region A. Kobold ambush!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Aww yeah, gotta love that perfectly strung drow butt.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I'm so glad this isn't getting awkward.

Oh wait...

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad this isn't getting awkward.

Oh wait...

GIS Drow. :P I am pretty much on-topic, sadly.

• Options
    True, true.

Holy shit, this short background is turning into a novella. Probably a really bad, rambling novella since I'm also doing actual work here and there.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What are we waiting on before we kill things?
    I want to kill things defend my fellow tributes

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Yea. I lucked out on the image I found for mine. She has armor on.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    It's kind of a sad commentary on the state of fantasy art I suppose, but that was my first thought. "Oh wow, she's actually dressed!"

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    People like to art what they like to look at.

Witness every classical statue.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Boobs, no arms.Got it

• Options
    Boobs, no arms.Got it

Strictly speaking there were arms on those but they've fallen off since the statues were assembled like creepy marble mannequins and painted in most cases. The ones the Romans didn't use for construction material, others often did.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Get it right!

Bewbs

• Options
    Yeah, no argument there. And I have nothing against scantily-clad people in art. But the classical statues aren't wearing chainmail thongs to fight dragons. It's all about context.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    That is an Enchanted g-string of fire resistance and I will thank you to use the proper terminology.
    Those, along with the Holy pasties of stealth are a totally valid armor combo.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    I'm going to bite; what's a pasties?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    If they had chainmail back then they totally would be though

• Options
    Okay, I didn't think this was going to be that kind of dungeon, guys.

• Options
    It's a dungeon of teenagers...

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

And if they had dragons.

• Options
    am0n wrote: »
    Boob stickies so your nipples don't show

• Options

Okay, fair enough. Considering the Roman graffiti I've seen, fuck it, bring on the ta-tas!

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

I'm going to point you to Page 2 of this thread. Read that and come back.

Hint: It's been like this all along!

• Options

Nipple/areola covers that stick on.

• Options

I'm going to point you to Page 2 of this thread. Read that and come back.

Hint: It's been like this all along!

You have mistaken my punchline for actual embarrassment. That said, keep this up I'm bringing the math back, and then only Phyphor will be happy, or such is the word on the street.

• Options
    Bitches don't knows 'bout my abacus

• Options
    I'm idly curious about this "math fix" controversy, but it is known that jdark is good with numbers, so Imma let him decide how I feel about fixing maths in the game.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Behold, Therai ib'Kurozhi: orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/5615
    1) Background

Kurozhi Fireblood was a wealthy Port Onyx privateer who retired when his wife took ill. Even after she passed on, Kurozhi never returned to sea. The fire in him burned down to embers when his Morenna died. Perhaps solely in her memory, he provided what he could for their two children, daughter Sorrow and son Therai. Sorrow, the elder child, took over as captain of the family’s business aboard Barracuda as soon as she was of age. Therai, shy by tiefling standards, was always an enigma to Kurozhi. The man simply could not relate to his son, and so shuffled him from tutor to tutor, keeping the child’s time occupied in full so as to keep him out of sight and out of trouble. Therai and Sorrow have spent so much time apart, they would practically be strangers to one another if they were to meet again.

Throughout his childhood, Therai practiced his swordsmanship and his studies mainly to keep his father happy. Therai made some acquaintances among other scions of wealthy households similarly disinterested in actually raising their get, but life in Port Onyx tends not to lend itself to long or close relationships. As time went on, Therai came to appreciate how rare a thing his parents had in each other. This understanding did little to bridge the rift between father and son, but it at least gave him a measure of peace. Armed with newfound conviction brought on by his revelation, Therai resolved to make a name for himself, not to please Kurozhi, but to honor his mother’s memory. He ultimately won an apprenticeship under renowned swordmage mercenary Ekemon Greenflame.

Ekemon’s work often took him to unsavory corners of Port Onyx, often serving as a proxy in duels over peoples’ wounded pride. His apprentices inevitably ran afoul of all too many attempts by rivals to trap Ekemon through a sense of obligation to protect his charges. To their chagrin, Ekemon held no such sentiments. Therai was the first apprentice in quite a while to survive the first year under Ekemon’s tutelage, and has thereby earned a small measure of the mercenary’s respect.

2) Rising Conflict

Therai’s apprenticeship had just progressed enough that Ekemon deemed him “no longer an unmitigated disaster.” From Ekemon, this amounted to high praise. Ekemon even deigned to bring Therai along on one of his rare off-island contracts. He had been hired to deal with an upstart causing trouble in the Duchy of Solandir. Ekemon was found in bed with his employer’s wife, which did not go well. Ekemon fled, leaving Therai behind to take the blame. Therai tried to fight his way free, but could not escape. Putting his talents to work for the first time proved easy enough, but he had enough time to reflect on what he did between killing the first two guards to come for him and trying to fight his way to freedom. He hesitated to make a killing stroke, and it proved his undoing. Fornication was bad, murder was worse, but a tiefling committing these acts was insufferable to the humans. They demanded blood. Thinking quickly, Therai managed to convince them to keep him in prison until the Reaping. If he was adequately provided-for, he would stand in for one of their own and spare the Iron Circle one sacrifice that year. To his surprise, they agreed. Therai would go to the Reaping an embarrassment to his father, betrayed by his mentor, and with no one to mourn him. None of this meant a thing to Therai. If he went into the dreaded Dungeon and against all odds came back... he would be a hero. It might be too much to ask, but perhaps his people would begin to heal.

Post-Reaping

Therai and Yasila were the Iron Circle’s chosen tributes. She volunteered to go, and everybody but Therai seemed to understand the reason. He got it out of one of their handlers late one night after entirely too much rotgut. Yasila was the daughter of one of the men Therai killed. And she volunteered to join him in the Dungeon.

Yasila was going to kill Therai, but she would wait until they were inside, so as not to void the Accords. Once Therai learned this, what promised to be a long trip already became positively interminable. The minutes dragged on. Therai’s every attempt to lure Yasila into a conversation was rebuffed, often rudely. She practiced and studied in every waking moment, so Therai began doing so as well. She noticed this, and trained harder. Therai increased his own efforts. The two communicated a lot without saying a word. The gauntlet had been thrown. Therai accepted it. Truth be told, he admired the young woman’s determination. This would change nothing about what must happen, for by putting herself in Therai’s way, she made herself an obstacle to his one chance at redemption. Yasila would kill him, or die trying. And yet, neither of them would leave the Dungeon alive. They knew this, yet they continued with this farce with the singleminded conviction possessed only by the young and the foolish.

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    I am always happy when there is math around... but shouldn't such a mechanical construct as yourself also appreciate numbers?

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    There may or may not be a conversation happening about that very thing.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    I am always happy when there is math around... but shouldn't such a mechanical construct as yourself also appreciate numbers?

I am the one who took the time to track down his old bookmark of how to calculate DPR just in case, but the avatar's strictly temporary and for premium's phalla. :P

• Options
    I'm sure we all love the maths.

• Options
    Between the internets and Slayer of Dreams, things got pretty well hashed out. I'm gnawing over where to draw the line, because math and I can't let anything be simple. That 60% at level 2 actually bugs me. Yeah, I'm that guy. I will happily add YAY GAME OF THRONES JUST CAME ON IN THE PLAYLIST anyone and everyone who wants to get in on the conversation and offer additional insight or just see what went into my decision.

(You're all going to die)

IN OTHER NEWS I fixed the wiki and would greatly appreciate feedback.

IN OTHER OTHER NEWS I still haven't gotten a single post together with links to all the character submissions. If some enterprising soul wants to do that, I promise not to give too much of an advantage to you.

Off to be dad for a bit, back later.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Ask to be apart of the PM. Its a pretty good conversation.

Also, we are playing young children/teenagers going to a dungeon without adult supervision to fight for the fate of the word. I'm sure someone is going to be making out in the corner of a room for the crystal ball so we can get sponsored by Kobald-B-Gone! No Kobald today, no Dragon tomorrow!

• Options

Also, we are playing young children/teenagers going to a dungeon without adult supervision to fight for the fate of the word. I'm sure someone is going to be making out in the corner of a room for the crystal ball so we can get sponsored by Kobald-B-Gone! No Kobald today, no Dragon tomorrow!

I'm really only interested in the result. I spent a long, long time lurking on Charop, as amon can now attest.

• Options

I'm really only interested in the result. I spent a long, long time lurking on Charop, as amon can now attest.

The Result is you die horribly and the Elemental Chaos eats your soul.

• Options

Joke's on you, Darrak is already damned to the Elemental Chaos.

• Options

That sounds like a personal problem.

• Options

There's a cream for that.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

There's a cream for that.

Side-quest get!

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Character Submissions:

Defender:
    Auralynx - Warden Tribute From: Keeper's Hold
    -- Auralynx - Warden Background
    OminousLozenge - Swordmage Tribute From: Keeper's Hold
    DarkPrimus - Battlemind Tribute From: Mithralfast

Leader:
    Sir Fabulous - Bard Tribute From: Bonamia
    am0n - Ardent Tribute From: Bonamia

Controller:
    Slayer of Dreams - Hunter (Ranger) Tribute From: Mithralfast
    Phyphor - Wizard Tribute From: ???

Striker:
    Grunt's Ghost - Sorcerer Tribute From: Brightflame
    TheRoadVirus - Avenger Tribute From: Brightflame
    Nealneal - Executioner (Assassin) Tribute From: Mithralfast
    riven5 - Blackguard Tribute From: Brightflame

TBD :

am0n on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I chose to just link to each person's post in the event they update/add content. There are a few who don't have a background or plan to update it, so instead of me copying everything they had and then having to go back and update that post as they change theirs, it just made sense to link to their post.

That said, if you want to change/update something, please do it in the original post for your character! And if I missed a post where you gave relevant information (like Auralynx kind of had two posts), let me know and I'll add it.

am0n on