As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Terribly Sad Stories

• UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    This thread has become retarded. I think many of these people calling walnut an asshole or stupid are too young to even have any idea what he's talking about. Or just naive. As morally fucked up as it is, it is a core human emotion. That's all there is to it.

Urian on
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    walnutmon, shut up and fuck off. please.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    walnutmon wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    walnutmon needs to shut the fuck up

Stale is a dude I respect as a man

Honestly, Stale is the kind of dude we should all aspire to be. Life dealt him a shit hand of cards but he stuck it to the dealer with an ace up his sleeve.

Why? What was his shit deal? Fuck Stale and his inability to accept that some situations exist that he doesn't understand.

stale has a hot wife but he can't use his penis

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • WreckTechWreckTech Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't know what's going on.

Why can't people describe to me how to do my fucking job for once?

WreckTech on
    I don't know what I'm doing.
    edited August 2007
    if you can't control your fucking emotions, you are a poor poor human being, and will be treated with the contempt and derision that you deserve.

Fuck

Off.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What is naive about believing it is not alright to hit women

Unless I'm straight-up being attacked with a knife, I am not going to hit a woman ever

Seta 3000 on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'm just saying, you have enough experience with them in your life and eventually you will see a situation where you either can't, or almost can't control yourself.

This right here is your failure as a human being.

right there.

I've been with Summer for almost 8 fucking years. I was other girls before her. There is no fucking excuse for becoming violent. There just isn't.**

If you can't control your base fucking emotions, then you need not be among the rest of society. Because we can.

I would imagine you can use the "but what if your life is in danger here" line. Sure, you stop her with whatever means are necessary. however in 99.999999% of times, this is not the fucking case, as such, is not worth mentioning.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Forget it. If you people can't think outside of absolutes and black and white then there's no use even furthering this "discussion".

Urian on
    edited August 2007
    Urian wrote: »
    Forget it. If you people can't think outside of absolutes and black and white then there's no use even furthering this "discussion".

Okay, Urian

Please explain your view

Seta 3000 on
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    you know

even though it's unfair and naieve

i'd rather people bigotedly believed that it was never alright to hit a woman, rather than believe that it's sometimes alright.

err on the side of not abusing women, and all

Zonkytonkman on
    edited August 2007

Urian, this is an absolute.

It is only black and white.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Every time someone defends me... I had just said something enormously offensive to the common man. And to anyone who has tried to do such a thing, I appologize. Unless you are a woman-then I would obiously just punch her in the face.

Seriously though, noone here who is defending women is doing so legitamately. I would go to war for my woman. I would kill or die for my woman (23 years old... a young woman) and I haven't even decided that I want to be with her forever. It is just the kind of guy that I am. I love her, and if someone, ANYONE tried to hurt her in front of me, I would fuck that person up, man or woman. That love and defensiveness is EXACTLY the reason that if she ever did something to piss all over that, I don't really see any way someone could be offended if I gave her one nice knock in the chops. Not that I would. Because, honestly, there are too many girls in this world to get too pissed off about one.

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • JimmyJimmy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    if you can't control your fucking emotions, you are a poor poor human being, and will be treated with the contempt and derision that you deserve.

Fuck

Off.

Well I guess Im a poor poor human being then. Im also that there are others in here who are too, but may not feel the need to admit it.

Do I feel that Im the scum of the earth because I made a huge mistake at one point in my life when I lost all control of my emotions and thoughts ? No.

Do I realize it wasn't excuseable and live with the regret of doing it? Yes.

Do we see the difference here ?

Jimmy on
    edited August 2007

Okay, Urian

Please explain your view

I already did, previous page. I was not trying to justify anything, just explaining that when rage and adrenaline kicks in, and it's a bad enough situation, anyone can do it. When a woman has control over you mentally, and then tears you apart with words, and you can't control yourself, you will lash out. You'll immediately regret it, of course, and hate yourself for it, but words can hurt far more than anything else if you let it get to you.

And don't say if you can't control yourself you're not a man, or whatever. A strong man will contain himself, but just because someone else hit a woman in a brief rage doesn't make him a parasite. There is no way you can know what that guy has gone through, what the woman is doing to him, all the scenarios.

Urian on
    edited August 2007
    You are a fucking disgrace walnut, and I am ashamed to be the same species as you.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
    edited August 2007
    so walnutmon, have you told your girlfriend that you'll hit her if she leaves you

Seta 3000 on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Every time someone defends me... I had just said something enormously offensive to the common man. And to anyone who has tried to do such a thing, I appologize. Unless you are a woman-then I would obiously just punch her in the face.

Seriously though, noone here who is defending women is doing so legitamately. I would go to war for my woman. I would kill or die for my woman (23 years old... a young woman) and I haven't even decided that I want to be with her forever. It is just the kind of guy that I am. I love her, and if someone, ANYONE tried to hurt her in front of me, I would fuck that person up, man or woman. That love and defensiveness is EXACTLY the reason that if she ever did something to piss all over that, I don't really see any way someone could be offended if I gave her one nice knock in the chops. Not that I would. Because, honestly, there are too many girls in this world to get too pissed off about one.

Somebody ought to take a hammer to this slag.

Shorty on
    edited August 2007
    Jimmy wrote: »

Fuck

Off.

Well I guess Im a poor poor human being then. Im also that there are others in here who are too, but may not feel the need to admit it.

Do I feel that Im the scum of the earth because I made a huge mistake at one point in my life when I lost all control of my emotions and thoughts ? No.

Do I realize it wasn't excuseable and live with the regret of doing it? Yes.

Do we see the difference here ?

You at least realise what you did was a horrible thing and inexcusable. That is some way to atonement. My problem here is that walnut is actually trying to justify it as being an alright thing to do.

That is unnaceptable

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
    edited August 2007

I've been in lots of fights, over stupid shit with men

i don't know why i feel differently about hitting a woman

they are equal

Zonkytonkman on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay, let me try to explain Urian, and he does have a point here. While its all nice and good to say what we won't ever do, without being confronted by the issue its all kinda moot when you think about it. I mean, I can go and say that I'm never going to do something, but really, are you a fucking soothsayer? Can you tell the future? No, you can't, so lets stop dealing with concretes. Before we go ripping wombat a new one just because he said that he sometimes feels like hitting his girl, lets think about this for a minute. I might feel like stealing this CD from my cousin's car, or maybe I feel like fucking my friend's fiancee. Doesn't mean I will, because I classify these things as dishonorable. But maybe in three weeks I get struck by lightning and turn into an asshole. Who the fuck knows.

What then? Words are fucking wind.

I have felt like hitting a woman before. I can openly admit that. In my defense, I didn't actually hit her, despite her being dumb as fuck and insulting my sister which, had she been male, would have resulted in me breaking her fucking legs with a baseball bat.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
    edited August 2007

Why is this absolute? Do you know what humans are? What seperates us from animals?

Please enlighten me to the reasons that women have the right to do anything, where as men absolutely cannot. I have heard a bunch of people parroting the classic "never hit women" line (one I have never crossed, btw) but not one good reason not to.

walnutmon on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This thread has become retarded. I think many of these people calling walnut an asshole or stupid are too young to even have any idea what he's talking about. Or just naive. As morally fucked up as it is, it is a core human emotion. That's all there is to it.

Look, it's never morally acceptable to use violence merely because of your emotional state. All walnutmon is saying is that his girlfriend pisses him of so much he wants to hit her. If that's something you can relate too or sympathise with, well fuck you buddy.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A woman at the mall was really rude to me once. Like, she was being a serious fucking dick, and I had my sisters kids with me.

When she insulted the kids I slapped her. I could not punch her, so a slap had to do.

Am I a bad man:x

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited August 2007
    I edited my post, it should be clear what i'm talking about now.

Urian on
    edited August 2007
    Neli wrote: »
    A woman at the mall was really rude to me once. Like, she was being a serious fucking dick, and I had my sisters kids with me.

When she insulted the kids I slapped her. I could not punch her, so a slap had to do.

Am I a bad man:x

just delivering the pimp hand

nothing wrong wit dat

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited August 2007
    ITT excuses

Seta 3000 on
    edited August 2007
    so walnutmon, have you told your girlfriend that you'll hit her if she leaves you
    Actually yes. She doesn't care, because she knows i'm kidding. But i'm not, i'll kick her right in the vagina. And loser nerds the world over will colapse, because they can't handle violence towards women... Whine and bitch if you want, it doesn't change the fact that we are animals with base emotions that absolutely will override your higher brain. It happens.

walnutmon on
    edited August 2007

Why is this absolute? Do you know what humans are? What seperates us from animals?

Please enlighten me to the reasons that women have the right to do anything, where as men absolutely cannot. I have heard a bunch of people parroting the classic "never hit women" line (one I have never crossed, btw) but not one good reason not to.

This is why you are stupid. No-one has said women can do anything. They should be just as ashamed and vilified for some of the shit they do.

I don't give a shit you've never crossed the line, the fact you think you would be justified in doing it if she hurt you emotionally is just horrible

You fail at being a respectable human being.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
    edited August 2007
    and i mean

sometimes a girl does something really really mean so you want to hit her

sometimes she's been a cock tease all night and you hit her and then she's looking all vulnerable so..

Zonkytonkman on
    edited August 2007
    Somewhat ironically, spouting excuses about why it can be okay to hit women sometimes is one thing that'll get you a fist in the face from me

Seta 3000 on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

And don't say if you can't control yourself you're not a man, or whatever. A strong man will contain himself, but just because someone else hit a woman in a brief rage doesn't make him a parasite. There is no way you can know what that guy has gone through, what the woman is doing to him, all the scenarios.

You are absolutely right. However, we're saying that Walnutmon is shit with legs because he's talking about potentially beating his girlfriend because she cheated on him. That is not excusable. Ever.

Shorty on
    edited August 2007
    walnut only has 211 posts and he's already jailed

surprising this is not

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If a chick was running at me, wielding a knife, I'd probably deck her one.

ChicoBlue on
    edited August 2007
    sometimes, you just gotta kick someone in the vagina to let them know how you feel

Zonkytonkman on
    edited August 2007

This is why you are stupid. No-one has said women can do anything. They should be just as ashamed and vilified for some of the shit they do.

I don't give a shit you've never crossed the line, the fact you think you would be justified in doing it if she hurt you emotionally is just horrible

I may fail at being a "respectable human being" to you. But I am far from stupid, i'll take you head to head on an IQ test any day of the week. But guess what, none of that matters. You seem to think that the epitomy of being an awesome person is being able to control your emotions. I am simply saying that may not be true. Please, dispute it.

walnutmon on
    edited August 2007
    I like what you've done with your sig, Zonkytonk

Seta 3000 on
  • SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll hit a woman if she kicks me in the balls

probably a punch to the gut though

something about hitting a woman in the face i dunno

maybe if she looks like a man

Seph on
    doit.png
    edited August 2007
    I like what you've done with your sig, Zonkytonk

i think it is too big, but i don't want to change it

Zonkytonkman on
    edited August 2007

I may fail at being a "respectable human being" to you. But I am far from stupid, i'll take you head to head on an IQ test any day of the week. But guess what, none of that matters. You seem to think that the epitomy of being an awesome person is being able to control your emotions. I am simply saying that may not be true. Please, dispute it.

IQ GRUDGEMATCH

At this point, you are just trolling

Seta 3000 on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Actually yes. She doesn't care, because she knows i'm kidding. But i'm not, i'll kick her right in the vagina. And loser nerds the world over will colapse, because they can't handle violence towards women... Whine and bitch if you want, it doesn't change the fact that we are animals with base emotions that absolutely will override your higher brain. It happens.

You don't just snap and lose it all the time unless you're fucking crazy, in which case you're not in any position to lecture us about normal human behavior. Most of the time where you get crazy nuts and violent there is usually a buildup. One thing leads to another. The responsible human works to prevent the situation from escalating to this point.

So yeah, you're still a dumb motherfucker, even if I can't stand to watch people rag on you for pages at a time.

Mostly because they're ragging on you for the wrong Goddamn reason.

Volucrisus Aedrius on