As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] of Brass: The Philosopher Kings (God Save The Queen: Cultist/Templar Win)

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    an hour

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Hrrm.

This bandwagon sure picked up steam.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    You can reveal your grudge now, if you like. :D

edited May 2013
    Oh, it was Greeper.

I'm day 1'ing the first time I play with him. Going to the grave with that kind of info and not bothering to mention it to anyone is inexcusable.

Assuran on
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Oh, it was Greeper.

I'm day 1'ing the first time I play with him. Going to the grave with that kind of info and not bothering to mention it to anyone is inexcusable.

Oh, I figured it was Zonugal; you voted for him here directly after you posted the reveal.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Hrrm.

This bandwagon sure picked up steam.

if you have a better idea, i am all ears.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Vote close is in 30 minutes. Actions are due at this same time.

Please ensure all your votes are where you wish them to be.

liEt3nH.png
    No, I have done no networking this game at all and barely read the rules. So, I'm not the person to come to right at the moment. I just wanted to save the vig without killing TRV because he gets killed a ton on days 1 or 2.

No, I have done no networking this game at all and barely read the rules. So, I'm not the person to come to right at the moment. I just wanted to save the vig without killing TRV because he gets killed a ton on days 1 or 2.

You are looking at the wrong bandwagon; Zonugal is on top right now. TRV had a little push, but I poked people about it and they were willing to change.

When I voted for Zonugal, it was to move TRV off the top line.

Then the Zonugal bandwagon picked up steam.

Technically, I think I tied TRV and Zonugal.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I take full credit for the zonugal wagon

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Vote Count

Zonugal 6
    TheRoadVirus 4
    Grunt's Ghosts 2
    Gizzy 1
    jdarksun 1
    KetBra 1
    kime 1
    MrTLicious 1
    Phyphor 1
    premium 1
    Retaba 1

source

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I take no credit for the zonugal wagon whatsoever

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Nobody really wants TheBroVirus dead.

As a courtesy that will only exist today, I will note that I am missing votes from @kime and @KetBra .

liEt3nH.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I vote when I want

Loser

TRV

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    <-<

>->

TRV

(just kidding, I know this is after close)

The day has ended.

liEt3nH.png
    YOUR day has ended!

Steam profile
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So tonight I shot Void Slayer.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Get in here and call your kill Grunt.

PSN SeGaTai
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Get in here and call your kill Grunt.

I don't know what powers Space Ghost has, but super-speed clearly isn't one of them.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Megafrost

Too soon?

PSN SeGaTai
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Day 1 Spreadsheet

Assuran 0 Zonugal Void Slayer
    Gizzy 1 KetBra
    Grunt's Ghosts 2 TheRoadVirus
    Invictus 0 Zonugal
    Iron Weasel 0 Gizzy
    jdarksun 1 Zonugal
    KetBra 1
    kime 1 TheRoadVirus
    Langly 0 TheRoadVirus
    Lockeout 0 premium
    Megafrost 0
    MrTLicious 1 Phyphor
    ObiFett 0 Zonugal
    Phyphor 1 Zonugal TheRoadVirus
    premium 1 TheRoadVirus Grunt's Ghosts TheRoadVirus
    Retaba 1 MrTLicious
    SeGaTai 0 Zonugal
    SLyM 0 TheRoadVirus
    The Anonymous 0 Grunt's Ghosts
    TheRoadVirus 5 Grunt's Ghosts
    vertroue 0 jdarksun
    Void Slayer 0 Retaba
    Zombie Hero 0
    Zonugal 6 kime

No vote from Ke$sbra, Megafrost (???), or ZH. If I missed you, please let me know.

I do believe I called my shot. Oh, hey, there it is.

Also, I play from a phone, so be please, be patience.

I can do that too now! Hooray for the 21st century!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    So because I'm a dick, or just having one of those days, I'll telling the village this:

I AM NOT GOING TO BE THE VILLAGE HEAD!

I'm not going to post my vote until 10:50-10:59pm because I'm not going to be a sheepherder. As someone who has ran a game and been mafia during the whole "Seasons of the Mafia Wins" that seems to be continuing with the Deadlands game, it is important that everyone works hard to find the mafia. The mafia have been dancing on the corpses of villages for weeks now because the only thinking going on is the Village Head and the mafia are easily influencing them. And since I'm newish here, I can't be the best judge of character on how someone acts.

This is Arthur Norvulk, saying Good Luck and Good Night.

Interesting decision

Steam profile
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So you're refusing to be the network head, or just refusing to vote until the last second?
    One is dumber than the other

Day 1

“I suppose it's true what they say,” Zonugal Joshua Langleyshire sighed as he swung his luggage atop the carriage. “Geniuses are feared before they are welcomed.”

The driver thought for a moment about whether he had ever actually heard that saying, then shook his head and let it go. Joshua stepped into the carriage and closed his eyes to relax. These intentions were quickly undone by a sharp rapping at the door.

“Mr. Langleyshire, yes?” Vice-Chancellor Daniel Mason asked. He extended a hand through the compartment's window. Confused by the gesture but unwilling to burn good will, Joshua accepted the handshake. “I would like you to know that in the event you are not a cultist in the service of dark and terrible gods, Skybarrow would like to apologize for this expulsion and will be happy to welcome you back after a full background check.”

“Thank you, I guess,” Joshua said awkwardly, “Though it is little consolation now.”

Daniel Mason nodded understandingly. “I hope that we can put this business behind us soon.” He stepped back from the carriage and gave a polite bow before gesturing to the driver. “I would deeply love to continue reading your writing, if you should continue away from school,” he assured Joshua as the coachman coaxed the horse awake. “You seemed on the verge of a great epiphany.”

He watched the carriage go, then began to walk down the road to Skybarrow himself. A seemingly meaningless detour off the path and into the woods below lead him to iron doors cast into the cliff side. A key was produced, a lock opened, and Daniel Mason entered the dank underbelly of the university.

“Are they in good condition, doctor?” he asked casually as he approached a poorly-lit room. Upon a slab was a man long dead, and standing above him was another longer alive. Sparks rose as the saw cut into the corpse's chest.

“As well as can be asked for, given the circumstances of passing,” the proverbial doctor answered. “Flesh is burnt and bones are missing, but their presence alone is astounding.”

Daniel walked to the table to look at the damage himself. The man could not be recognized – not with the charred skin upon his frame. But the frame itself – brass and burnished – was the clue to his identity.

“Isiah Melville,” the doctor said, “As our intelligence reported.”

“You're certain of that, despite his wounds?” Daniel asked. He did not question his associate's abilities, but the methods were unknown.

“It is chiseled into his chest,” he replied, gesturing at the mark. Daniel snorted. “Simple enough construction from what I've seen so far. I'm not a mechanic so I can't tell you those details. But the intent seems to be to replicate the general proportions of the body. Individual finger digits, flexible joints. Then coat in a layer of flesh, using what is necessary. He doesn't possess them now but I suspect they went so far as to put human eyes in.”

“I see...” Daniel made little effort to hide his disgust at the notion, but pressed onward. “Has our paramour returned?”

“No.”

The paramour crept quietly through the dormitory of Argonaut House. He reached the room he sought and tried the lock. Open. Good. Simple. Padded footsteps carried him in, reaching the resting place of his target.

Poor Megafrost Andrew Scanton. The paramour had nothing against him personally. He was pretty sure that he had shared a few brews in the past. But certain distasteful acts were necessary to earn one's place in the annals of the treacherous prince. The syringe was topped off. He placed it in Andrew's wrist and just...pushed down. It was that simple.

Yet Andrew did not stir, did not wake. No froth bubbled forth from his mouth with the traumatic dramatics of young comics. It perplexed the paramour to no end, until he noticed the growing damp among Andrew's covers. Pulling them aside, the wound was revealed. A strike through the chest, piercing deep enough to kill. Andrew had already perished.

And he had perished recently.

The paramour would not admit the speed at which he fled the dorms, nor would he credit the fear he felt to himself. As little information would be delivered as needed. Only in the privacy of his quarters would he think on what he saw as he looked back – the golden Dellano mask radiating an impossible pride in all directions, gleaming like an all-consuming sun.

Daniel flinched as another spark threw itself at him. The doctor seemed satisfied, at last placing down his saw and lifting his mask. “This should tell us what makes them tick,” he chuckled. Taking a crowbar, he ripped open the chest of the artificial man.

“Allllll aa-round the waaa-aatchtower,” 'Isiah' groaned abruptly. Daniel grabbed for a nearby hammer reflexively, but the doctor held up his hand.

“It's nothing,” he said, “Just a death rattle, for the soul.”

“Princesssss kept-t the vieewwwww.” The corpse-construct's features did not move. The voice came from within. “While all......the womeeeeen...”

Holding it aloft as though a hunting trophy, the doctor produced a huge green stone. Light barely glimmered inside, and dimmed every second. “Came...” it 'sang', “And went.... Barefoot...”

The light went out.

In the hopes that the madness of the shenanigans going on would at last grant her some time to relax and catch up on her marking, Void Slayer Danielle Parkins had retreated to a lecture hall to work slowly through the papers. So barren and empty was the room that it was readily apparent when she was joined.

“...Are you going to shoot me?” she finally asked of the man standing there. Her voice quivered in a way that she did not know it could.

“I will not let this school fall,” he answered.

Her mouth felt so, so dry. Trying not to shake, her tongue wet her lips. “That gun...must not be loaded,” she began, “For bringing a w-weapon like that into the building-”

She did not finish her hypothesis.

“Jade,” Daniel observed with amusement.

“Yes,” the doctor nodded, “I've never seen so much.”

“Then if these are based on Adabage design, then we at last know they must be trading with the Dominion,” Daniel said confidently. “How else could they acquire soulstone? What deals did Westspire cut to get those rocks, I wonder...”

“Kills two birds with one stone,” the doctor proposed. “Powers the automaton, while keeping the essence.”

Daniel nodded, stroking his chin thoughtfully. He was extraordinarily pleased with the verification of the cult's theory. “Well then,” he said, gesturing to the second body in the room.

“What about her?”

The Deceased

Zonugal: Joshua Langleyshire (Savant)Expelled
    Megafrost: Andrew ScantonExcommunicated from flesh and Betrayed!
    Void Slayer: Danielle Parkins (Professor Skinner's TA)Silenced

The following debates will be taking place:

Zombie Hero is debating that dead players should receive the ability to send and receive messages to a single player of their choice, and may alter that choice each day. Grunt's Ghost opposes this, and has first post.

Phyphor is debating that there should be no maximum number of debates per day, and all Proposals with at least 4 votes of support move to the Argument. Invictus opposes this, and has first post.

Please do not begin debates until all PMs are out. Please do not discuss these PMs until they are all out. Upon all PMs being out, players are open to resume their expulsion, proposal, and support votes.

Day 2 ends at 8 PM PST Friday. Day 2 debates end an hour earlier, at 7 PM.

liEt3nH.png
    I'm refusing to be the network head. Like I said, I've watched ZH and Langy both play puppet master to the network head and I'm not going to be them. If I get a sure thing, like a seer, then I'll say something but I'm not going to let the village sheep.

OoOooOOoOOooOOOooOOOo

It's just as well. Probably was going to be borderline inactive this weekend.

OoOooOOoOOooOOOooOOOo

edited May 2013
    All PMs should be out. Which means

DEBATES MAY

BEGIN!

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    @Phyphor

Are you pro-Skybarrow University? I know this might seem a silly question, but I'd like to know.

I am pro-Skybarrow.

I'm glad that my version of my proposal didn't win because I don't really have time to debate it until tomorrow afternoon

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Uh, Grunt's Ghosts

I'm thinking you should tank your debate today. Letting the dead speak to someone really only benefits the village.

Oh yeah, Guards, Seers, and Busdrivers, come talk to me.

NEUTRALS WILL BE SHOT IF THEY TALK TO ME!
    Its a favorite tactic for a mafia members/SKs to claim neutral so if your win condition says "Live to the end" talking to me will be against it. Be smart, keep your head down, and leave me to my witch hunts.