As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade Pin Pal Trading Post

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    so probably boxes filled with 90% core pins lol

That would be the most likely outcome. I don't get why there would be so many Merch pins, though. They aren't available through the online store anymore (which is how I got mine) and so they are really a PAX-only pin.

I'm going to be stocking up on Core sets to trade for the Staff pins, and I doubt I'm alone. Any PAX-only will be fiercely guarded, because it is getting impossible to even attend PAX. Can you imagine saying "It's ok to trade the PAX ones, you can pick them up next year." And then you miss out on tickets next year? The year after, they change Pin designs and so now your collection has a gaping hole. You can't bear to look at your Pin board, you wake up in the night screaming and you devote your days to scouring ebay, where the PAX sets go for $200 or more. You take overtime to save up for the horrendous markup, only to spend more time on ebay whilst at work. Your boss notices, you get fired, now you really can't afford them. You miss rent, get kicked out and have to move back home.

And your collection still has that hole.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    dear god.......i still have night terrors over the space in my pokemon cards binder where a charizard holo should be... O.o

its personal preference, gotta know when to quit if the effort / cost is more than the reward

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    What I see happening is that people will quickly start to segment their collections. With Disney people collect specific movies/characters/rides/etc. I imagine some people will only collect East pins, or specific companies. I know I will not put much effort into collecting Non PA pins once those come out in greater abundance.

My guess on the Merch pins are because they were a freebie at PAX East, so people were more inclined to let them go. Also many people probably scored them online so they were an extra.

pureval on
  • Options
    thats a good idea too. I think for the first year or "series 1" atleast i would like to try get the whole set, then judging by how easy or hard it was to get them i might just stick to PAXAUS only sets or something.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

At least some people were getting the Chandras and using them to trade for staff pins, I'd expect a lot of them in the blind packs as well.

• Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Ok, so this is the trading thread, but is it also a thread for selling? The first post doesn't really say anything about that. :(

zerzhul on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    "Official" Pinny Arcade pins are listed on this page http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade/ and can be verified by a logo on the back of each pin. I dont think Scott's pin is a part of the set.

zerzhul on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Ok, so this is the trading thread, but is it also a thread for selling? The first post doesn't really say anything about that. :(

No, there will not be a thread for that.

• Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Chorazin wrote: »

No, there will not be a thread for that.

No problem man, didn't mean to break any rules. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Ah, we'll there you go. Thanks Zerzhul for clarifying.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    thats a good idea too. I think for the first year or "series 1" atleast i would like to try get the whole set, then judging by how easy or hard it was to get them i might just stick to PAXAUS only sets or something.

I'm doing the same. I've got everything so far including the DLC pin. I'm going to Pax Prime. And I'll trade for Pax Aus. After that, I'm just going to find the ones I want/like.

Granted, I say this now.

• Options
    New update on the PA homepage by Gabe. 5 new pins available at PAXAus in the form of a new set of 4 purchasable at the merch booth, plus a new design of the Chandra pin found at the wizards of the coast booth. Other pins like the Cts, zombie tycho and Pinny logo can be traded again with Gabe, tycho and enforcers. Some enforcers will also have a few east pins if you can find them.

This is a bit of a relief for me actually, since this is my first ever pax, I am only attending for one day, and was worried if I had to run around everywhere searching for pins. I'll definitely pick up several aus sets and the new Chandra. The tradables I can put them as a 'if I have time' since I can trade someone for those later

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I like the new Chandra pin a lot. Going to have to trade/ebay hard to get it. The Australia set is going to be a thorn in my side for quite a while I believe. I am glad they are controlling things and not flooding the market with pins.

• Options
    Weary TravelerWeary Traveler PortlandRegistered User regular
    That new Chandra pin is gorgeous. As it stands now, I've got the core set, the first Chandra pin, and the DLC pin incoming. I will be going to PAX Prime for the first time, and will be picking up at least 3 of the prime sets, and will be looking to trade for East and Aus. Maybe I'll grab 4, so I have one to trade for East 2014...this is starting to look like a serious addiction. And I am just getting started. Although...if I get 4, I will spend enough for Merch. But regardless, if anyone wants to trade an East or Aus set for Prime, PM me.

Pin Trades:2x Full Prime Core Sets, Core Set 2012, Chandra East, CTS Gabe (2013), Zombie Tycho(2013), Merch(2012 or 2013), Prime Kemper, Pigglesworth, Pinny Arcade Logo(2013), Hanna
    Pin Needs:Tabletop Tycho, Pax East Kemper, Pax East Logo, Aus Core Set
  • Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    New update on the PA homepage by Gabe. 5 new pins available at PAXAus in the form of a new set of 4 purchasable at the merch booth, plus a new design of the Chandra pin found at the wizards of the coast booth. Other pins like the Cts, zombie tycho and Pinny logo can be traded again with Gabe, tycho and enforcers. Some enforcers will also have a few east pins if you can find them.

This is a bit of a relief for me actually, since this is my first ever pax, I am only attending for one day, and was worried if I had to run around everywhere searching for pins. I'll definitely pick up several aus sets and the new Chandra. The tradables I can put them as a 'if I have time' since I can trade someone for those later

I want one of those Aus sets. I don't know where you are, but I will find you and bribe you with pins.

Did that sound vaguely ominous? It was meant to for effect!

• Options
    goldsaturngoldsaturn Registered User regular
    I've got two extra East sets to trade for the AUS and PRIME sets, either at East 2014 or via mail. I do like the upside down AUS ones.

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    I'll be picking up a few of the Prime sets, hopefully I'll be able to trade for the East and Australia sets sometime soon. I figure the PAX Australia set won't be TOO hard to trade for, since theoretically someone could just pick it up at the merch booth, but that beautiful Chandra pin might be tougher to get ahold of.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    Well, unfortunately I won't be able to trade with everyone, but by all means message me if you want to trade prime for aus pins. Talked to a few ppl already so I can't guarantee who I trade with... But I'm sure more of us Aussies will pop our heads out closer to pax.

Also just noticed, I thought gabes upside down reference was a joke, but looking at the pins again, those pins actually look like they should be upside down, Gabe tycho and event the cats hair looks to be hanging downward, and looks odd when you turn them around

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    I've got a spare East set I'd be willing to trade for an Aussie set.

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    BuckshawtBuckshawt Registered User regular
    Hi guys! I haven't used my PA Forum account... like, ever. But now I am because I totally fell in love with Pinny Arcade at this year's PAX East. I think I have every available pin, excluding three from the core set that I traded to Tycho, a Staffer, and a fellow trader! (Core set Fleshreaper, Gabe, and Tycho are what i'm missing). And I went in for the DLC Pin on the Kickstarter.

I probably should have gone for 2 each so I'd have some rares to trade for the AUS and Prime stuff! I'd rather find someone to trade for those instead of resorting to buying pins off eBay, I mean... trading is the spirit of the thing, right? But i'm kind of boned right now because when I was at East I -didn't- get any rare doubles, or doubles of anything for that matter!

What would you guys suggest I do? Plus, I don't know anybody from Australia that goes to PAX.

• Options
    I'm going to be getting multiple sets of everything at Prime, so anyone who wants to trade from Aus, East or even East 14 (you planning-ahead planners, you) can send me a message.

It seems like they are going to run out pretty fast. Anyone at East know when the merch booth ran out of Pins?

• Options
    the exclusive 'sets' are your surest bet i guess. the staff tradables seem to be at every pax so far.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    BuckshawtBuckshawt Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    I'm going to be getting multiple sets of everything at Prime, so anyone who wants to trade from Aus, East or even East 14 (you planning-ahead planners, you) can send me a message.

It seems like they are going to run out pretty fast. Anyone at East know when the merch booth ran out of Pins?

I have a friend who goes to prime! If you want, what I can do is next year when East rolls around, i'll nab an extra set or two and send one your way! You'll get a PAX East 14 set of Pinny arcade pins, and you can send him back with a Prime set :)

• Options
    BTW for everyone planning on getting multiple sets to trade they had a limit at East of 2 per person. I am sure you can figure out some way around it, but be prepared. The Chandra pin in Australia will probably not be too hard to get. At East you had to either spend $20 (US) at Wizard's store or play a short demo of Duels of the Planeswalkers. Between my son and I we ended up with 6 or so pins.

• Options
    pureval wrote: »
    BTW for everyone planning on getting multiple sets to trade they had a limit at East of 2 per person. I am sure you can figure out some way around it, but be prepared. The Chandra pin in Australia will probably not be too hard to get. At East you had to either spend $20 (US) at Wizard's store or play a short demo of Duels of the Planeswalkers. Between my son and I we ended up with 6 or so pins.

Yeah, the limit is on the Pinny Arcade page, so I have planned for that part. It's the staff trading that might be a problem. How long were the queues, and how many were turned away? It is unknown how many staff Pins there will be, but I can imagine that Khoo, Fehlauer, Jeff, Jamie, Kristin, Erika, Levin, Brian, Dave, Josh and Kiko are likely to all have one which means that you will need at least three spare sets to trade. If Ben and Kenneth are in there as well that's four spare sets, including Mike and Jerry.

• Options
    I believe the merch booth ran out of pins part way through Saturday. I would expect more would be available for Aus and Prime since East was the test. The only "Staff" pins available were Gabe, Tycho and Enforcers (line entertainment). Gabe and Tycho would tweet locations you could trade or you could line up for the signing and trade that way. Aside from the signing there was never really a line that I saw.

• Options
    I believe the merch booth ran out of pins part way through Saturday. I would expect more would be available for Aus and Prime since East was the test. The only "Staff" pins available were Gabe, Tycho and Enforcers (line entertainment). Gabe and Tycho would tweet locations you could trade or you could line up for the signing and trade that way. Aside from the signing there was never really a line that I saw.

If they ran out early Saturday then I think it will still happen at Aus and Prime much the same way. Maybe early Sunday, but it will be better to go there Friday.

Yes, there were only 3 staff Pins at East, but Mike has said he wants all the staff to have one. Who is included in the "all" is the question. Will the Childs Play staff have them? PAR? The Beep Boop Mechanic?

It seems that it is best to have a second Twitter account just for PAX, so you can follow all the PAX accounts without missing anything in the "clutter" of your regular account.

• Options
    im thinking Prime is where all the employees will have their own pin. Since Aus is new, it will be another 'test run' so to speak. Plus. im assuming the US has the bigger, more devout audience, so prime is probably where they are going to go big.

Whatever happens, ill definitely hit the merch booth first, then head straight to WotC booth for the chandra pin. Damn it July cant come any sooner!!!!!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2013
    PedroAsani wrote: »

If they ran out early Saturday then I think it will still happen at Aus and Prime much the same way. Maybe early Sunday, but it will be better to go there Friday.

Yes, there were only 3 staff Pins at East, but Mike has said he wants all the staff to have one. Who is included in the "all" is the question. Will the Childs Play staff have them? PAR? The Beep Boop Mechanic?

It seems that it is best to have a second Twitter account just for PAX, so you can follow all the PAX accounts without missing anything in the "clutter" of your regular account.
    If you like, I keep lists maintained of all the important pax related twitters, as well as the penny arcade staff.
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/Twitter

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    If you like, I keep lists maintained of all the important pax related twitters, as well as the penny arcade staff.
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/Twitter

Thanks. I now have a PAX-specific twitter account. Just need a US phone with a data plan for the weekend.

I just got paid, so that's two Core sets ordered. One for me, one for trades. I plan to pick up some more at PAX itself, but I have fears of getting there just in time to hear "Sorry, we just sold out."

• Options
    damn it...now you're making ME anxious...i already have a core set, but i was going to wait to buy another one when they reveal the next set available online that mike mentioned. But now i'm not sure if that'll be before or after PAX Aus. Should i buy one now?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    damn it...now you're making ME anxious...i already have a core set, but i was going to wait to buy another one when they reveal the next set available online that mike mentioned. But now i'm not sure if that'll be before or after PAX Aus. Should i buy one now?

There is no limit on the retail sets, and I'm sure they will have them at the merch booth. Save it so you have enough to get a merch pin.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Given that Bethesda had pins for E3, I fully expect them to be joining Pinny Arcade (officially or not).

• Options
    any idea when the DLC rewards will be sent out? I just put together my shadowbox with the large size print-out of the PA boards the pins come on, looks pretty good, just need the pins to fill it up :p

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34e5ngp&s=5 link to the board i mentioned.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Given that Bethesda had pins for E3, I fully expect them to be joining Pinny Arcade (officially or not).

At East a few places had pins, but they aren't part of Pinny Arcade. I think Gabe mentioned that there were so many companies that wanted to get in on it that he had to restrict it to just WotC at first because of Reasons.

<Archival diggity noise>
    Gabriel wrote:
    The response from exhibitors to Pinny Arcade at PAX East was overwhelming. We got so many requests from game developers and publishers who wanted to make pins that we had to start a waiting list. We have no intention of flooding you guys with junk. If we make a pin we want it to be cool and something you want to collect. This is super special to me and I plan on keeping it that way.

There.

• Options
    any idea when the DLC rewards will be sent out? I just put together my shadowbox with the large size print-out of the PA boards the pins come on, looks pretty good, just need the pins to fill it up :p

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34e5ngp&s=5 link to the board i mentioned.

Nice.

No mention so far. I think this may follow in typical PA fashion a la The Auction Strip, where they forget right up to the last minute. Has anyone seen the Automata: Silverside from the first Kickstarter yet?

• Options
    sort of pin related but i had to share...

http://i41.tinypic.com/n4aads.jpg

came in the mail this morning :D

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I'm PAXing it up for the very first time at PAXAus and I'm going to be pin hunting. I'm also planning to pick up a couple of extra Aus sets to trade for East/Prime sets. Come at me traders.

Drayven_Darko on
    "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    FINALLY! A fellow Aussie PAX'er! Was getting a bit worried thinking it was just me going :P

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    VotucuVotucu Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I ran out of attention span in my excitement, somewhere near the top of this page, so forgive me if I'm overlooking (I know, I know, bad forum-er).

Aussie Pinny-er, here. More than happy to get some Aus sets in exchange for East/Prime sets. I'm part of a similar exchange with other Enforcers, so I'm sure I'll be old-hat at this international-trading scheme before long.

Bummed I didn't realise about the DLC one before now *sigh*.

<3 Vot.

zerzhul on