As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Don't slimes usually have some sort of physical resistance? Maybe all non-magical damage hitting the slime is halved?

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    It doesn't say that as the monsters power.

We have a list of the entirety of the monster's powers?

If so, then mafia have ways to make us less effective. Reduce our attack or something? Which means we need to kill the monster. Because the only reason the mafia would have something to reduce our ability to hurt the monster, is if it benefits them for us to not kill the monster.

edited June 2013
    hm, and that has me thinking...

Our wincon is to "remove all threats to the adventuring party", pretty sure monsters are a threat to our party. What if we can only win if we get to the end of the dungeon AND kill the mafia?

I say we attack the monster with everything we have and hope to hit mafia with the vote. If we kill the monster first will it still trigger its power (of killing the second vote getter)?

ObiFett on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    If some ability lowered your attack, would you be informed?

Someone was told that they were confused and their action retargeted. It is worth investigating rather than assuming.

liEt3nH.png
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Dear everyone voting for me cause apparently I'm a "good lead,"

Fuck you. You're voting for me cause INANTP said you should by making a long-ass post that would have gotten anyone else laughed out of the game ( @Invictus has stopped doing for exactly that reason). Which contained no real reasoning and was just a bunch if quotes from me roleplaying, and also took zero effort to write. You're lazy and exactly why the village is going to lose this game too.

Congrats, you're making the mafia's job easier.

Sincerely

Mikey CTS

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Its a game, people are gonna have to get voted out.

It'll be ok.

That's what grudges are for.

I am pretty meh about it apparently being either one person makes "analysis" or no one does.

liEt3nH.png
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    You seem very prickly, Mikey.

Fake wizard beard starting to chafe?

Tayrun wrote: »
    You seem very prickly, Mikey.

Fake wizard beard starting to chafe?

I have got one hell of a rash. :)

You should talk to Stever, he knows all about those.

i don't want to talk to stever

liEt3nH.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Someone was told that they were confused and their action retargeted. It is worth investigating rather than assuming.

You should get status updates of your current attack value each day.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    i don't want to talk to stever

There's something so elemental and perfect about this that I feel compelled to add it to my sig. Forever.

Ok, so I am gonna be out until vote close. Driving + homework at home = no posting.

I really think we should talk about our wincon and how it relates to the monsters.

You should get status updates of your current attack value each day.

SO!

GG, this means that either the reported damage has failed to take stock of their actual damage, the slime has defenses rangers are not informed about (silly), the mafia can heal monsters (I think that's dumb and I think ZH is dumb if that's the case), or someone is lying (including potentially you).

Choose.

liEt3nH.png
    Wait hold on I think that my question wasn't answered how I thought it was written.

Are you told if actions affect the damage you dealt in the previous turn?

liEt3nH.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS 6
    Baidol 5
    JPants 5
    INANTP 3
    Langly 3
    Cythraul 1
    JaysonFour 1
    Mill 1
    ObiFett 1

source

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    that sure is a pair of people taking 5 damage via slime tonight?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    SLyM wrote: »
    that sure is a pair of people taking 5 damage via slime tonight?
    Wasn't a +1 vote manip item for sale yesterday?

Mikey CTS

isn't there a class whose description implies vote manip?

liEt3nH.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Mikey to get that lead up there.

Will the slime's power hit the people tied for second? Might wanna do something about that, someone who voted for one of em move off maybe.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    JPants to split things up

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Been a busy day. Did people discuss that the group attacking the slime was also attacking each other as per narration?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    It's hard to say that doesn't just refer to the group of players as a whole attacking ourselves, rather than the specific group targeting the slime.

liEt3nH.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    hey, jdark.

how much of an obnoxious goose are you being right now?

I can't catch up very well at work and I need to know whether or not I have to vote for you tomorrow.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Jdark has been rather helpful with the vote counts.

As we know there is vote manipulation so who knows!

Please jump off Baidol, at this rate we are just gonna hit both with the slime.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MikeyCTS because lolol vote manips. I'd rather I take the slime damage with JPants than have JPants and Mikey die.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    hey, jdark.

I can't catch up very well at work and I need to know whether or not I have to vote for you tomorrow.
    The goosiest. The goose is loose!

VS, if Baidol gets hit by the slime, we know somebody that voted for him has manip. Probably.

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't get how posting vote counts and going to play an awesome game makes one an obnoxious goose.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Fine

MikeyCTS

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    hey, jdark.

The goosiest. The goose is loose!

VS, if Baidol gets hit by the slime, we know somebody that voted for him has manip. Probably.

Well aren't you just being fancy there, goosiest goose of all geese!
    Good point!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Jpants to prevent more people in 2nd than necessary.

Vote closed

Steam
    So now you guys have no wizards, I'm probably the last one, and both of the previous merchants are dead.

Seems like you did the mafia's job for them quite nicely. :lol:

you know whiny passive aggressiveness isn't helping the village win this year either

liEt3nH.png
    Wait hold on I think that my question wasn't answered how I thought it was written.

Are you told if actions affect the damage you dealt in the previous turn?

sometimes

Steam
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    you know whiny passive aggressiveness isn't helping the village win this year either

Whining passive aggressively is a time-honored phalla tradition.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Day 3

Day 2 Results Narration

Realizing that they would never reach the holy relic at the end of the cave, and thereby succeed in their quest, without defeating the giant green ooze blocking the entire passageway, the adventurers redoubled their efforts to destroy the green slime.

The adventurers would not underestimate the strength of the ooze again. Rather than sending a single wave of fighters at it, this time the adventurers sent several waves to strike a blow against the ooze. By the third wave enough adventurers had managed to strike the ooze that the creature finally succumbed, melting into a puddle of green goop on the cave floor, but not before the ooze managed to lash out with its dripping tendrils in an attempt to injure one of the adventurers.

The adventurers did not have much time to revel in their victory, because, as had occurred the first time the adventurers attempted to defeat the ooze, it appeared as if several adventurers did not have very good aim, and as a result another member of the party was mortally wounded. Similarly Bedlam, a notorious rogue, was found run-through in a pool of his own blood. Perhaps he had stolen from the wrong individual.

The adventurers were also dismayed to learn that yet another member of the party had been felled by some supernatural force. They were shocked to discover that this time it was Mill, a stalwart knight, who had apparently been touched by an evil presence. It looked as if the knight had the life sucked right out of him.

Unwilling to let these atrocities continue, the adventurers again searched among themselves to find the perpetrator of this crime. After much deliberation, the group came to a consensus that these supernatural deaths must be caused by someone with supernatural powers. They turned their gaze towards MikeyCTS, a known wizard, and summarily executed him. Alas, a search of his body revealed nothing to implicate him in the supernatural murders.

Finally, just before the party pressed on into the cave, the adventurers noticed that they had been carrying around the dead body of ronrab the entire time. Rather than continue to bear this dead weight, they dropped the lifeless corpse into the remains of the ooze, and continued forward on their journey.

Deaths
    Don Juan Cherry Tempo (Bedlam) - Adventurer Rogue
    Soldier B (Mill) - Adventurer Knight
    Krizmo (Mikey CTS) - Adventurer Wizard
    Gizmo (ronrab) – Adventurer
    Ooze

MrTLicious has used a Healing Potion!
    Void Slayer has used a Healing Potion!

There are 7 healing potions in the public supply.

Day 3 Monster Narration
    You gingerly make your way forward through the cave, careful not to slip on the puddles of goo left behind by the giant green ooze. You can no longer see the light of day when you look behind you, as the torches of you and your companions are now the only sources of light you have.

The cave is a bit wider now, with enough room for five of you and your companions to stand shoulder to shoulder, and significantly taller. While you’ve never encountered a giant before, from the stories you’ve heard a cave of this size would be just large enough to house one of the beasts.

While you are lost in thought over the relative proportions of giants you forget to look where you are going and trip over a large stick. You wonder how a stick so large got way down here into this cave when you realize that the stick is much larger at one end, with the narrow end just large enough for a large hand to hold onto. Just then an enormous hand emerges from the darkness and lifts what you now know is a club high in the air. You roll out of the way just as the enormous hand swing the club down into the ground with a grunt.

The rest of the party gathers around you to protect you, and their collective torches reveal a huge Cyclops, clad only in a loincloth and wielding the aforementioned club.

“Well,” you say to yourself, “at least it’s not a giant.”

Day 3 has begun! The day will end tomorrow at 10 PM EDT. PMs Going out.

Steam